`twenty four.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 24 "His Secret"  

The following week came early. The maids and the butlers of the Im residence couldn’t seem to relax on that certain day. They keep on running here and there, occasionally bumping into each other.

“Ouch! Watch where you’re going, Seo!” Sooyoung scowled at the maknae maid.

“Sorry, Soo!” She bowed at her before she scurried off somewhere.

“Geez.” Sooyoung straighten herself up and went off to continue her job.

It’s 4 hours left before the party and they’re only halfway done with the decorations and the food.

Back in the kitchen, the maids are having a heated discussion on who’s coming to the party tonight and who’s not.

“I heard young master Lu from China is going to be here tonight.” Sunny said while mixing something in a bowl.

“Really? All the way from China?” Hyoyeon, who’s working beside her, asked.

Sunny nodded in reply.

“And let’s not forget Ms. Jung.” Taeyeon added when she was walking past them.

“Of course!”

“I don’t like her that much, but gurl she knows how to dress!” Hyoyeon admitted.

All of the maids chuckled.

“Oh and, have you guys heard?” Tiffany asked.

“What?” They all said in sync.

She looked around, making sure that there isn’t anyone eavesdropping. “I heard that Ms. Im is having an affair with someone.” She said in a low-hushed tone.

“What???” They all shrieked, literally stopping themselves from working.

“Are you serious?” Some of them managed to say.

Tiffany put her hands onto her hips and made a face at them. “Do I look like I’m kidding?”

The maids looked at each other with a disbelieved look on their faces.

Just in time, Sungyeol came into the kitchen. “Hey, can I borrow a pair of scissors?”

The maids turned to look at him.

All of the sudden Sungyeol felt out-of-place. “What?”

“Yeol, do you know anything about Ms. Im’s…” Again, Tiffany looked left and right for any eavesdroppers. “Love affair?”

Yeol nearly choked his spit. Choking spit. Go figure. He mentally rolled his eyes. “N-no. why would I know about something like that? Besides, Ms. Im is deeply in love with M-Mr. Choi, don’t you guys know that? There’s no way she would be having an affair with someone else” He said rather awkwardly.

The maids raised their eyebrows in suspicion. His awkward tone sounded oh-so-suspicious to them.

“Lee Sungyeol, do you know something that we don’t?” Jessica gave him a suspicious glare.

“Uhh… No! Didn’t I tell you? I know nothing of the sort!” He looked away, avoiding the glares the maids gave him.

“Yeol, did you get the scissors yet?” Sunggyu came into the room just in time.

When he came to the room, all eyes were fixed on him. “What are you guys doing?” He said after a while.

He turned to look at Sungyeol, who seems to be pleading for him to save him. Sunggyu then noticed that none of the maids were doing their job. And they got only 3 hours left before the party starts.

“Listen ladies, we don’t have much time, so please continue your work! And will someone give Sungyeol a pair of scissors please? That’d be helpful.” With that, he left the room. Sungyeol followed after him with a pair of scissors in his hand.

 

Meanwhile at the security room…

“Listen up people! The party starts in 1800 hours! You shall all be in your positions at least 10-5 minutes beforehand.” Tao shouted.

Myungsoo and the other security staffs are lining up for a short briefing about the lineup for tonight. One thing that he doesn’t get is the way he stated the time: 1800 hours, meaning: 6 PM. He found it rather funny since there’s only 24 hours a day, and yet they still try to confuse people with the time.

“Lastly, Kim Myungsoo.” He got called by Tao.

He looked up to him, waiting for his orders.

“You won’t accompany Ms. Im tonight. Instead, you’ll be placed with the defense. You’ll be guarding sector C.” He shortly said. “That is all.”

The other guards scurried away right after Tao finished the short briefing, everyone else but Myungsoo.

Yoona is currently preparing for the party, so he’s stuck in the security room until the party starts, where he has to guard sector C, which is the backyard, away from where the party is being held.

“Sorry there, Myungsoo. Boss’ orders.” Tao patted him on the back before he followed after the other guards.

Myungsoo snorted. No wonder. He really wants me gone, huh? He kicked the ground in annoyance.

He looked up to the wall mounted with CCTV monitors and saw Yoona on one of the screen. She’s helping the butlers with the decorations. Her face has been smoldered with make up and part of her hair has curlers on them. Either way, she still looks perfect to him. He let out a soft smile as he watched her. But his happiness fades as he remembered the burden he’s carrying.

I have to tell her who I really am…

 

His stomach flipped upside down. He had already planned something last night, but he’s still unsure about exposing himself to her. He sighed and starts to twirl in his swivel chair, blankly staring onto the ceiling.

What will she say after that? Will she hate me? Looks like I have to pack up my things right after. He sighed again and closes his eyes this time.

He opens his eyes only a while later, and he noticed that Yoona had already disappeared from the screens, meaning that she’s back inside her room. Apparently they didn’t put up any security cameras in any of the mansion’s private rooms. Probably that’s why they call them ‘private’ rooms.

His mind is playing a thousand things at the moment, but one thing for sure is that he’s going to do it tonight and there’s no turning back.

 

“Good evening, Mr & Mrs. Park. So glad you could come tonight.” Yoona smiled to the guests that kept arriving and recited the line to every single one of them like a broken tape. When will this end?? She mentally bangs her head onto the wall.

“Why, if it isn’t Mr. Lu and young master Lu.” She heard her father said next to her.

She looked up and met her Chinese friend, Luhan’s smiling face. She smiled in return; glad to see her friend there.

Mr. Lu and Mr. Im then had a conversation in Chinese, which she couldn’t understand at all.

“I’ll see you inside.” Luhan mouthed to her after some time.

She nodded to him. And with that, both Mr. Lu and Luhan disappeared into the sea of crowds.

“Mr. Im!” A girl said with an annoying perky voice that Yoona knew well enough.

Not her… She whined.

“Ms. Jung! Good evening.” Mr. Im smiled and turned to his daughter. “And you always whined about not having any friends during parties.” He whispered to her ear.

Yoona held back the urge of rolling her eyes and instead, she sourly smiled at Krystal, who is smiling at the both of the hosts. “Thank you for inviting me, Mr. Im.” Krystal said in her usual perky tone.

Yoona glared at her father who’s oblivious of how she’s feeling.

“You’re welcome, Ms. Jung. Please take care of my daughter, will you?” He talked to her like a preschooler.

“Don’t you worry, Mr. Im. I’m her best friend and not to mention, her bridesmaid!” She stifles a sque

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter