`thirty.

Princess & The Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 30 "Breath"  

In a blink of an eye, a month had passed.

Yoona had gotten used to her new life and it looks like Howon had accepted her fully. He doesn’t throw snide remarks at her anymore and that made Myungsoo happy. Happy to see the two people he cherished in his life getting along well.

“I’ll be going then.”

“Be careful out there.” Myungsoo ruffled Yoona’s hair.

“Don’t worry. Howon’s going with me.” She smiled.

Myungsoo turned his attention to Howon who smiled at him too while giving him a salute with his fingers.

“Make sure to get home before dark.” He reminded Howon. “I love you.” Of course, he didn’t forget to give her a goodbye peck on the cheek. Myungsoo secretly smiled to himself as he saw how red she had become.

Howon who watched the entire scene right in front of him rolled his eyes. “Okay you two, break it up. See you later, Myung.” He said while pulling the dazed Yoona away.

Myungsoo chuckled before he closes the door. Howon and Yoona went to the market to buy some grocery for the three of them. Myungsoo would love to go with her, but she declined his offer as she asked Howon to go with her instead. He’s glad that his life had been changed for the better. The two thieves had decided to quit stealing jewels. Howon managed to open a restaurant from the money they got from stealing, while Myungsoo works in a logistic company. His keen eye and planning intelligence has proven him suited for the job. As for Yoona, she played the ‘good wife’ role for a whole month. At first Myungsoo was concerned about her choice, but she said she doesn’t mind it. Said that she likes taking care of the house. Everyday after work, he would find his ‘good wife’ learning how to cook –and she’s getting better at it, actually- and she would welcome him with her warm smile and a table overflowing with food. For an orphan like him, this kind of life is the life he’s been waiting for. To be warmly welcomed at home with home-cooked meal on the table and as all of his friends and family waited for him. Yes, this is the life I’ve been dreaming of.

 

It was around noon when Mr. Im heard a knock on his study room. “Come in.” He said without looking up from his papers.

And then came in a tall-blonde guy; Mr. Im’s private investigator. He bowed to Mr. Im before he reported his investigations to him. When our main characters are having the time of their lives, Mr. Im had to hold in his grieve every single day. He still couldn’t think up a reason of Yoona leaving the mansion for some guy he just met a few months ago. She loves him, she said. Oh the crazy thing we do for love.

“What brings you here today, Mr. Wu?”

“I have news regarding Mr. Kim and Ms. Im.” Mr. Wu –Kris- said after he had straightened himself again.

Just that one sentence managed to grab Mr. im’s attention as the latter finally stopped reading his paperwork and paid attention to Kris.

No need to be told, Kris cut the conversation to the chase. “My informant has found their whereabouts; Gangwon-do Yanggu.” (Baekhyun’s grandma’s house XD)

Mr. Im briefly closes his eyes, glad that he finally got a word on his daughter’s whereabouts. At least I know that she’s fine. “Can you please call Mr. Lee to prepare the car for me?”

“Right away, sir.” Kris bowed at the elder. “But sir, there’s also something you must know.” Kris his lips and eyed the elder man a worried look, which is really unusual for him.

Mr. Im sensed it and one look from his eyes, he knew that something’s wrong. Mr. Im gulped the lump in his throat as he prepared himself for whatever bad news Kris has got to say.

 

Myungsoo was doing some of his work on his laptop when he heard the doorbell ring. He stopped his fingers from typing onto the keyboard and looked up to take a look at the time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter