Taken

You're My Bunnies

 

“Mi Young, are you ready?” Mr Song asked her as she looked at herself in the mirror once more.

Mi Young turned around and nodded, giving a smile to her uncle. Mr Song offered her his arm, being her in place of her dad. She wrapped her delicate fingers around it and they walked to the wedding hall together. The inside was now filled with many people, their chatters being heard through the door. In front of her were her two cousins who were her flowers and her brides maid, Jooyeon. The sound of the organ began to play and Mi Young took deep breath. Jooyeon turned around and gave her a smile, wishing her luck.

The door to the hall opened and the ceremony began. Soon it was her turn to go in. Luhan stood at the end of the aisle, standing to his side so he could see her. They made eye catch for a second before Mi Young diverted her gaze to her uncle who gave her hand a comforting squeeze. Friends and family watched from their seats as the bride made her grand entrance. They all wore bright smiles the moment they laid eyes on her. But the seats she had reserved for B.A.P remained empty. She quickly scanned the congregation for any signs of them, but nothing. Her eyesbrows frowned and she wondered why they still hadn’t arrived.

Suddenly realizing that everyone was starring at her, she fixed her expression and put on a smile. With small steps she began walk down the aisle with her uncle next to her. Two steps forward and she felt a firm grasp around her. Mi Young turned around shocked to see Himchan had a worried and panic look on his face.

“Jongup and Zelo are in hospital,” he breathed, voice shaking slightly.

Mi Young’s eyes grew round, her heart rate increasing. Whispers here and there started at the scene that was unfolding. In front of the alter, Luhan was watching her. She looked backed over her shoulders and he raised an eyebrow at her. Then she looked at the rest of the people in the room, finding her aunty in the corner who gave her a discreet nod. Mi Young knew what she meant. Without saying anything, she ran throwing her bouquet of flowers on the floor, leaving Luhan and everyone else in the hall. This was all wrong in the first place. Whatever Luhan has planned she is willing to face. The realization of stupidity hit her as he hailed a cab in the rain with Himchan next to her. The taxi ride was silent and the two were lost in their own thoughts.

The rain continued to pour down as Mi Young run into the hospital with Himchan close behind. It was the first time coming to the hospital since ahjumma’s death and it gave her an uneasy feeling. The fact that Mi Young was still in her wedding dress attracted attention, people whispering amongst each other as they saw her.

Turning right on the long corridor, Mi Young located Jongup’s ward. She breathed heavily as she approached his bed. He had an IV drip attached to his arm, dressed in hospital clothing. Next to him was a nurse who was checking his temperature.

“Are you his relative?” the nurse asked her as she filling in the papers on her clipboard.

Mi Young and Himchan took a seat next to Jongup. “Yeah… sort off....well no… ” she stuttered. Mi Young analyzed Jongup’s entire pale face that covered in a few scratched. She pressed the space between his eyebrows to stop him from frowning. “What happened?” she asked, without looking up.

The nurse turned her attention to her. “Well, he came in drenched from head to toe after almost getting into an accident. He probably passed out due to fatigue and pneumonia so he has to stay here for a few days to recover. He’s lucky his life was save by a young boy,”

*Zelo* Mi Young thought. “The boy. Where is he?”

“The one who saved him? He’s in the operating room getting stitches to close up the cut in his head.” The nurse bowed. “I will be taking my leave first.”

“I’ll go check if he’s out yet,” Himchan said. Mi Young agreed.

The ward quiet and only a few patients were admitted here. There was a young girl with her mum on the opposite side and an old man who looks like he is ready to be discharged. Mi Young turned her attention back to Jongup who was sleeping peacefully. She took his hand in hers, rubbing the back with her thumb. Her hand then went to his forehead. His skin felt hot but soft all the same. The boy who she had realized she was in love with had almost died. But he was only alive because Zelo saved him who was now in a worst state than Jongup was in. Mi Young felt responsible for it all.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, bringing Jongup’s hand to her lips. “I’ll make sure none of you get hurt from now.”

Mi Young felt a tear roll down her face as guilt washed over her. She quickly wiped it off before she could start sobbing. A few minutes later, she got up, deciding to see how Zelo was doing. Mi Young leaned down to kiss Jongup on the cheek, after some hesitation. She pulled back and stopped when she saw Jongup’s beady eyes staring straight at her.

*Why did you have to wake up now?!* she was screaming in her head. Her cheeks began to feel hot.

Face still inches from Jongup’s saw his attempt of raising his eyebrows. At the speed her cheeks grew red, she stood up straight and cleared .

“You seem fine now,” Mi Young said, hiding her embarrassment by looking at the wall. “I’m going to check up on Zelo.”

Still looking at the wall, Mi Young slowly looked at Jongup at the corner of her eyes. His face wore no expression.

*Ah I don’t know!!* she thought and hurried out of the ward. But she felt a hand on her arm holding her back.

“Don’t… go…” Jongup mumbled. He was slowly drifting back to sleep again.

Mi Young was taken aback for a second, staring at his hand wrapped around her arm, but she decided to stay. She took a seat again by his side and adjusted the covers, making sure he was warm. By this time, Jongup was unconscious once again. His blonde hair swept over his eyes and Mi Young brushed it away gently, revealing his full complexion. She watched as his chest rose and fell, rose and fell.

The sudden movement of a hand, jolted Mi Young awake from her nap. Her head was buried in her arms that rested against the side of the bed. Someone was caressing the top of her head and Jongup quickly took them off when he saw she was awake. Some colour seemed to have returned to his face, yet his eyes remained droopy.

“How are you feeling?”

Jongup gave a faint smile. “Slightly better,” he said in a hoarse voice.

It pained Mi Young’s heart seeing him like this. “What happened?” She sat up straight and the other gave a sigh.

“I was on my way to the wedding… To stop you from getting married,” he bravely admitted. Mi Young gawked. “I tripped crossing the road and then a lorry almost hit me but Zelo took the blow instead and pushed me out of the way just in time.” His expression was solemn.

*I love you Mi Young. I don’t think I would be able to forgive myself if I’d let you do that easily* were the words he wanted to let her know, but the remained as a lump at his throat.

The girl was at lost with his words. Does that mean he was returning the same feeling she had for him? Mi Young wanted to know, but now was the best time. Jongup titled his head towards a bag at the end of the bed. She looked inside to find a change of clothes and a note.

I thought you might come so I bought you change of clothes. I hope they’re ok. Youngjae chose worst. Zelo and the rest are on the first floor. Come whenever you’re ready - Daehyun

Smiling at the note, Mi Young turned back to Jongup. “I’ll go check on Zelo really quickly. I’ll be right back,” she said and Jongup nodded. “If you need anything, just call one of the people in a uniform.”

Mi Young got up to leave and gave him one last smile.

The first floor was generally the floor where patients who had just had an operation from E&A were admitted too. In the room nearest to the emergency exit, B.A.P sat around their friend who had a thick layer of bandages wrapped around his head. An ECG machine kept track of his heart rate and some sort of substance was being feeding into him through a needle. Mi Young walked in and all head turned immediately to her. She had changed into a loose shirt and jeans that Daehyun picked out.

“Mi Young!” Youngjae was the first to notice her, standing up from his seat. The rest turned to face her.

Mi Young couldn’t bring herself to look at them, keeping her gaze to the floor. If she didn’t agree to get married to Luhan, none of this would have happen. No one would be hurt.  She was scared they were angry at her.

“I’m so sorry,” she choked, placing the back of her hand to to muffle her sobs.

With her head still low, she felt someone lift her chin up. Yongguk looked into her eyes. They were soft and gentle and he wrapped a comforting arm around Mi Young.

“Don’t blame yourself Mi Young. Zelo is a strong boy you know. He will get through just fine. Trust me, Zelo has experienced must worst.”

Mi Young pulled back and gave him a smile. “There we go. Always keep that smile.”

Himchan got up from his seat and threw himself around Mi Young, leaving her gasping for oxygen. “Him…chan… what are… you doing…?” she struggled to ask as he continued to wrap his arms tightly around her.

“You’re not married! I still have a chance with you!” he cried. Mi Young gave a roll of the eyes and whacked on the head.

“OWWW!” he yelled, immediately letting go of her.

“Shut up will you! There is a patient in the room,” Daehyun hissed.

Himchan held his hands in the air as he went to stand by the window.

This was the first time Mi Young had Zelo look so weak and fragile. There were several fresh cuts on his hand and arms, some on his face. Mi Young the boy’s left arm she sat next to him.

“You guys have powers don’t you?” Mi Young suddenly remembered. “How come he didn’t use it?”

“Zelo is a bit rusty with his powers. It takes him longer to get it working than the rest of us. But when he does, it’s twice as powerful,” Youngjae explained.

“Oh…”

The rest of the evening, Mi Young stayed at the hospital. Upon request, Jongup was moved to the same room as Zelo so B.A.P and Mi Young could spent time with both.

“Oh god Mi Young and it was so scary. I’ve never seen anyone so angry before. Luhan threw a fit the minute you walked out,” she was telling her as she looked out into the ngith sky. “You should have seen his eyes. They turned orange, like they were on fire or something. Then one of the vases holding flowers started floating and it smashed and that’s when everyone started to panic.”

Mi Young let out a long sight as she cupped her face with a hand. Luhan has something planned for sure and she could sense it wasn’t long before it would be put into action.

-------------

The coffee shop was surprisingly full of people who sat at their tables with their chits chats and whatnots filling the room. Mi Young waited for her order, B.A.P’s now favourite drink – Chocolate frappuccino – and her ice coffee. She thanked the lady as she took the drinks and made her way to the hospital. Its been 2 weeks since the accident had occured. The driver, they had found out, lost his control over the lorry due to the slippery road and everything was settled. Jongup was discharged from the hospital but Zelo had another week before he could leave, unfortunately for him. He had grown sick of the hospital food and always completed for s to by his better food. Mi Young couldn’t blame him though, hospital food were never that good.

Reaching the 4th floor, Mi Young pushed open the door to Zelo’s room to find B.A.P dotted around the room and Zelo who was whining about something again. She smiled, knowing Zelo was back to normal.

“I bought you guys drinks,” Mi Young announced, setting them on the table beside Zelo’s bed. Zelo made a grab for one but Mi Young and Yongguk both slapped his hand away. The rest all took one each.

“Eat first and then you can have yours,” Mi Young said, causing Zelo to whine again.

“Hmmm… it’s so nice,” Daehyun teased, over exaggerating his facial expression. The maknae shot daggers at him, before whining again. Himchan and Youngjae rubbed their ears at the noise.

Yongguk and Youngjae shared a seat together and Youngjae noticed Jongup quietly observing Mi Young. Yongguk chuckled.

“Jongup, can I talk to you for a second? Outside?” Yongguk asked.

Jongup looked at him surprisingly before agreeing. Mi Young watched curiously as they walked out.

“What is it hyung?”

Yongguk pulled something out from his pocket. Jongup’s eyes rounded as he recognized it. “This is yours am I right?” he asked, holding the necklace with a studded bunny pendant in his palm. It was the one he had bought when he he said he would go out for fresh air on the afternoon of Mi Young's wedding. He was on his way home when he caught sight of it at one of the stalls in the market. A certain someone popped up the second he laid eyes on it.  The necklace glistened as it caught light from the window on the wall opposite. “For Mi Young?”

Jongup merely nodded his head. Yongguk sighed and placed in his palms. “Give it to her soon Jongup and tell her how much she means to you, before it’s too late.” He gave him a smile and patted him on the shoulder. Jongup looked at the necklace as Yongguk went back inside.

Night fell and it was time for dinner. As Yongguk has instructed earlier, Mi Young and Jongup both headed out to get some food. The night was warm, but the atmosphere between the two was sum what awkward as they walked side by side down the busy street. Jongup could remember something happening between Mi Young 2 weeks ago, but he couldn’t distinguish whether it was it was real or just another one of his dreams. Mi Young on the other hand, decided not to bring up that embarrassing moment ever again. She hoped he was still in his half conscious state to even remember and mentally slapped herself for doing it.

“2 weeks ago…” Jongup started, bring Mi Young back to reality.

“Sorry, what did you say?”

“I said.. 2 weeks ago,” he paused again, unsure whether to carry on.

*No no, please don’t mention it, please don’t mention it* Mi Young prayed in her head, closing her eyes.

Jongup stopped and face her, raising a hand. “Did you, um, kiss… me?”

Mi Young stopped. *Yes, Jongup, I did kiss you. Because I love you.*

“No,” Mi Young simply denied looking straight ahead, but she could feel her cheeks revealing the truth.

Jongup eyed her and caught her flustered. *So it was a dream* He smiled to himself. “Okay,”

He walked ahead and Mi Young followed. *That was close…* she thought.

The two quickly ordered pizza and desert, the smell making their mouths water. Pizza had become another one B.A.P’s favourite food and they sure would miss it when they go back to their home planet. Mi Young checked the bags as they made their way back to the hospital, noticing they were lacking in spoons. She was about to head back, but Jongup told her to take the food quickly so it could be eaten before it got cold while he went instead.

Mi Young walked down an empty street since the only place that sold pizza at this hour was secluded from everything else. She felt an eerie feeling as she took each step. Someone was watching her, Mi Young could feel it, yet when she scanned the area, there was no one around. Her shadow followed her as the dim street lamps attempted to light the road. A frightening feeling began to creep inside of her and she wishes Jongup would hurry.

A rustle of a bush made her jump, and Mi Young held a hand over her chest, her heart pounding. *It was just an animal Mi Young* She quickened her pace, desperate to make it back to the main road. Sounds of footsteps could be heard behind her, getting closer and closer. Mi Young turned around, dropping her bags when she saw a group of men, dressed in black with hoods covering their eyes, making their way towards her frightened self. Luhan, she recognized was among them, when his hood fell back. She turned to run only to bump into a solid figure who immediately placed their hand on before she could scream.

Kris, she remembered his name was, continued to drag her as she struggled to break free. His grip on her arm hurt and another taped . Only her faint muffles were now heard. Kris picked her up bridal style, her arms automatically wrapping themselves around his neck. He smirked and Mi Young frowned at him when she suddenly felt herself being lifted into the sky. She feared her life that he would let go of her any minute. 

 

============

 

Double update! woohoo! I go back to school on Monday and I have exams in the next 2-3 weeks so I can only update until then. These two chapters are extra long to make up for not updating even though it was the holidays. hahaha. And iIve realised the structure of my chapters have changed >.< but oh well~ change is good right? :/

I hope you liked it

Until next time :)