Last Gift

You're My Bunnies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bfCAN91Mcs

------

Dark grey clouds loomed over Seoul as rain poured down to the city below. Mi Young sat by her window and watched as rain fell on the window, hearing the faint noise of traffic in the background. A week had gone by since ahjumma had passed away but Mi Young was still struggling to return to her normal self. In her hand she held a picture of ahjumma and her, taken on her 13th birthday. The picture was of her standing in front of ahjumma with a cake ahjumma had specially baked for her. Like her pass birthday's, ahjumma would always bake her a special cake which she would share with everyone at the resturant. This was how she celebrated her birthday. Simple but it was one of the most happiest times of the year for her. 
 
Mi Young suddenly heard a knock on her door and saw Jongup enter. "Mi Young? Someone is downstairs to see you.... Mi Young, kwenchana?" he asked, even though the answer was clear. Jongup sighed. *She hasn't been sleeping or eating properly this pass week....* It pained him seeing her like this, but he knew she just needed some time.
 
Mi Young simply nodded, dusting imaginary dust off the photo and placing it on her desk, before following Jongup downstairs. Reaching the ground floor she saw ahjumma's two daughter, Mirae and Daeum, waiting in the living room. 
 
"Mirae... Daeum..." Mi Young said, confused as to why they were here.
 
The two turned around and greeted Mi Young. "Mi Young...." Daeum, the eldest called as she pulled Mi Young into a hug. Mirae did the same. To Mi Young, Daeum and Mirae were like her two older sisters. They had gotten close when they were younger as they often stayed with their mum in her resturant. "We have something to give you," Mirae said holding out a brown A4 envelope in front of her. Mi Young looked at the envelope and then at Mirae who urged her to take it.
 
Taking the envelope in her hand, Mi Young asked what the envelope contained.
 
"Just read it later, okay? Anyway, we have to go. We just came here quickly to give you that. We're leaving for Japan again today." Daeum informed her. 
 
"Oh? Are you sure you don't want to stay for dinner?" Mi Young offered. As much as they loved too, the two kindly declined since they were in a rush. 
 
"Mi Young, take care of yourself okay? You don't look too good..." Mirae worried for her as they walked towards the door.
 
MI Young reassured her that she will be fine and wished them a safe trip back to Japan before they head out. Closing the door carefully, Mi Young headed to her room to see what the enveloped held. She sat on the edge of the bed and peered inside the envelope as she opened it. Inside, she found an A4 piece of paper as well as another small pale blue envelope. *Ahjumma's favourite colour...* MI Young thought as she took it out. On the front was her name written in ahjumma's neat handwriting. Taking the paper out, Mi Young began to read:
 
 
To Mi Young,
 
Ahjumma doesn't know how to start this letter.... But my days are numbered now. The doctor confirmed I have brain cancer on my lastest hospital visit. They said it is the reason why I have been getting headaches the past few weeks. By the time you read this I will be in a place where they say is better than here... Mi Young I'm sorry... I didn't want to tell you so you would worry about me. Ahjumma knows how much you are working to become a doctor and I didn't want to add to your problems. Can you forgive me for this? Seeing you happy is all I wish for. I hope that when I am gone, you will find someone who will take care of you well, in my place. But I think you won't be waiting for long...
 
Mi Young, thank you.... You have always been by my side and treated me like a family. And so to show my gratitude, I am giving you one last gift. I know you will take care of it well. 
 
Don't be sad anymore. Smile for ahjumma okay? Always take care and remember that I will be always watching over you.
 
Ahjumma
 
 
Mi Young dropped the letter to her knees as tears flowed from her eyes. She let out a quiet sobs as she looked back at ahjumma's words. How could she not have noticed? All that time, how could she have not known that when she was in pain, they weren't from normal headaches? Mi Young felt stupid for not noticing. How long more did ahjumma have if she didn't get into an accident? Mi Young began to regret not spending more time with her before she passed away.
 
Drying her tears with the back of her hands, she placed the letter on the bed and took the A4 piece of paper from the envelope. The words told her that ahjumma was now handing over her resturant, 비밀연애 (Secret Love), to Mi Young. She was now the owner of ahjumma's resturant. As Mi Young read through it once more, tears continued to roll down her face. She had never thought that ahjumma would leave the resturant, in her care. It was a place where she spent most of her time when she wasn't at school or at home. But how would she manage to run it on her own? She had school to attend and she was pretty mcuh busy after school.
 
Across the room, she heard her phone receive a text message. She walked over to her desk to check who it was from.
 
Are you free tonight? Want to go out for dinner?  - Luhan
 
Over the pass week, Luhan and her rarely contacted each other and she had almost forgotten she was engaged to him. This was another one of her problems. She still hadn't told B.A.P about her and Luhan and she had no idea how they would react. A few seconds later, Mi Young sent a reply. 
 
Sorry, not tonight. There are things I need to take care. Another time maybe? - Mi Young
 
Sure. Take care. - Luhan
 
Mi Young walked back to her bed and returned the papers back into the envelope before putting placing it in one of her drawers.
 
---------------
 
B.A.P looked at Mi Young as she fiddled with the hems of her skirt. They were gathered in the living room, after Mi Young had called for them. She had been thinking about how she was going to run ahjumma's resturant on her own but she now had an idea.
 
"Baby girl~~ What's wrong?? Are you not feeling well? Want me to kiss you to ma--" Himchan muffled the rest as Yongguk covered his mouth.
 
"Mi Young, what's up?" Yongguk asked, still covering Himchan's mouth.
 
The rest of B.A.P looked at her with anxious faces. She had been quiet for the last 10 minutes. 
 
"I- Well... I have a favour to ask..." she said shyly. Since no one said anything, she continued. "Well you see, ahjumma left her resturant in my care and since I have school, I won't be able to be there... So I was wondering... if you guys could..." she trailed off.
 
"You want us to work there?" Youngjae asked. Mi Young nodded.
 
"Noona! I will do anything for noona!!" Zelo exclaimed hitting his chest with a fist and pointed at her. She smiled at Zelo's enthusiasm. 
 
Himchan agreed. "Yeah! Anything for my little princess!! Who cares about school anyway?! It's boring!"
 
Mi Young looked at Daehyun, Jongup, Youngjae and Yongguk and they also agreed. Mi Young let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks guys."
 
"Thanks 'oppas'," Himchan corrected. Mi Young frowned in confusion. "Thanks 'oppas'" he repeated.
 
"Oppa?! I'm not calling you oppa" Mi Young raised her eyebrows at him. 
 
Himchan wringled a finger in her direction. "You know you want to. Try it. 'Oh-paaaahh'" 
 
Mi Young ignored him, but he kept repeating it over and over again and eventually it got annoying. *Oh what the heck* she thought. "Oppa! Thanks Oppas! Happy?!" Himchan flashed her a grin while Yongguk rolled his eyes.
 
Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup smirked at the fact she had finally given in and called them oppas. 
 
"Aish, oppas my ..." Mi Young muttered to herself as she got up, but it was loud enough for Himchan to hear.
 
"You're looks y baby girl~!" he called after her.
 
Mi Young spun around. "WHAT?! YAHHH KIM HIMCHAN!!!" she yelled making a move towards him but then thought it was better hurry to her room instead. Daehyun and Youngjae both hi-fived Himchan for his comment., cracking up in laughter. For once over the pass week, laughter could be heard in the Song household and for the first time Mi Young smiled knowning that B.A.P or her "oppas" were always there to save her from her troubles. 
 
 
==========