"Letting Her Go Is Easier Like This"

You're My Bunnies

 

Rain pattered down on a Sunday morning, just like it was forecasted. The girl who lay curled up in a ball woke up to the gentle sound of raindrops hitting her window. She fumbled under her pillow for something, her eyes still shut. Stretching her arm above, she read the time from her phone. 9:13 a.m.

Mi Young grumbled as she her side, drawing the covers over her head. Today was her wedding day yet she felt neither excited nor nervous. An evening back when she was 5, Mi Young told her parents of her dream of living just like them, who loved each other unconditionally. She always imagined it to be an exciting day, becoming one with the person she loved. But she wasn't in love, so there was no excitement to be felt.

Before going down for breakfast, Mi Young sat in front of her dresser. The wedding invitation that arrived a month ago sat next to her favourite collection of perfumes. The words 'Mi Young' and 'Luhan' were inscribed on the front, gold in colour. Inside held the information on the wedding ceremony itself. Mi Young heard a faint knock on her door and her aunty stepped in. "Oh you're awake,"

"Yes auntie"

Her aunt and uncle had moved in 2 weeks ago after a sudden job in Seoul required the presence of her uncle and they couldn’t find a hotel in time. Mi Young was more than happy for them to stay. Himchan and Yongguk had given up their room to them and were now rooming with Daehyun and Younjae after losing three consecutive rounds of rock paper scissors (something new they learnt and now used almost to frequently to settle things) to Jongup and Zelo.

"Still haven’t changed your mind?" her aunt asked, taking a brush and gently began brushing her hair. Mi Young told last week that she wasn’t at all in love with Luhan and was really doing this for the company.

Mi Young shook her head. Mrs Song admired her daughter for putting other people's situations before her own, just like her dad she remembers. "Breakfast is ready soon. Come down in a bit."

The smell of Mi Young’s favourite food filled the entire ground floor, wafting its way up to the first. Mi Young felt her stomach grumble as she came down the stairs, almost tripping on the last step.

"Aish," she cursed under breathing, rubbing her toes on her calfs as she walked over to the kitchen.

Taking a seat at the table, she watched her aunty cook, chopping up the vegetables before adding them to the pan. The scene reminded her of when she was a child, waiting for her mum to finish preparing dinner for the family. Mi Young grateful for her aunt and uncle's stay and it was nice to have someone looking after her for once. In the garden, her uncle was watering the plants, which she had no time to take care of. She could hear his mumbles as he talked to the plants. She scratched her head in confusion - apparently talking to plants encourages them to grow. Mi young never understood this.

"B.A.P are still asleep?" she asked. Mrs Song nodded, telling her they had stayed up late after Yongguk insisted on them watching another war video, so yes, they were still fast asleep. Mi young rolled her eyes.

Her phone beep once and a message came through.

Today is the day. It’s not too late to change your mind. I'll see you are the venue. - Jooyeon

Besides her aunty, Mi young had only told Jooyeon about her secret only 2 weeks ago too. Jooyeon was her best friend and she didn’t want to keep secrets from her.

A couple of minutes later, B.A.P came trudging down the stairs looking like zombies, her aunty ushering them to hurry their butts up, nagging like an ahjumma.

"This is what you get for staying up late. Look at the state you're all in," her aunty continued to nag as they joined the table. Daehyun rubbed his ear, being the closes one to her. Mi young caught her aunty slapping Zelo’s just as he was about to sit down, telling him off again for sleeping late. Zelo jumped in shock and terror.

"Mi Young noonaaaa!!" he whined. Mi Young exchanged glances with her aunty and they both burst into laughter. "Its not funny!"

"Zelo, shut up, you’re so loud," Daehyun complained, whacking him in the arm.

"No!"

"Morning," Yongguk greeted in his deep husky morning voice, taking a seat next to Mi Young. She acknowledged him with a nod. Jongup sat next to him, earphones plugged in. He met eyes with Mi Young for a second before diverting his eyes away.

Over the course of the 2 weeks, Mi Young had found it difficult to understand Jongup. The boy had a sudden change in character were there would be days were he would be talking to her and days when he simply ignored her, despite the fact they spent most hours of the days together. Mi young found this annoying at times, wanting to know the reason behind it.

"Yahhh... Here’s our bride!" Mr Song had finished in the garden and now come to join breakfast. "Nervous?" he asked, giving her a pat on the back.

Mi Young shook her head. "Not really." If anything, she was more worried with what would happen after the wedding.

The meal Mrs Song had prepared was demolished within a matter of minutes. The 6 boys ate like they had no food for weeks. Mrs Song found herself chuckling. The sight of the boys enjoying the food made her realize how innocent these boys were and in a way, she was thankful Mi Young had them to live with.

Mi Young looked around her, as B.A.P chatted loudly, talking comfortable with her uncle and aunty. It was a picture she wished she could wake up to every morning but from today, it could never happen.

------------

At the wedding hall, final preparations were being made, under the guidance of Mrs Lu. She wanted everything to be perfect for her son and daughter in law's wedding. The decorations were chosen by Mi Young and her, with the theme being white and gold. Staff walked in and out, bringing various decors that were left to be put up. Mi Young had requested for a small wedding, even though Mrs Lu was prepared to go all out.

Just before 12:30pm, Mi Young arrived at the venue with her aunt, Jooyeon and Himchan who was now playing the role of her personal bodyguard after Jongup had gone out for some 'fresh air'. She caught eyes with two of Luhan's friend, Suho and Lay she remembered. Himchan instinctively stepped in front of her, eyeing them with narrow slits.

"Soon you'll belong to us," they sniggered as they walked pass, leaving the building.

*Its okay Mi Young, everything will be okay* Mi Young thought to herself. She felt Himchan pull her arm and followed him. A woman lead them to the second floor and directed Mi young to one room and Jooyeon and Mrs Song to another. Just across from there was the wedding hall itself.

Inside the room, 2 young women, Eunji and Hyojoo, greeted mi young, introducing themselves to be helping her get read for the ceremony. She took a seat in front of the large dresser while Himchan sat himself down on the sofa on the other side of the room.

"If you're bored, you can go outside if you want. Maybe talk to EXO?" she joked, seeing the bored look Himchan wore. She closed her eyes as the Eunji applied eyeshadow to her eyes.

Himchan scoffed at the thought. "I'd rather jump off a cliff than mingle them. And plus, my baby girl is here!" he faked a sob. "She's really leaving me..."

Mi Young would have rolled her eyes if she had them open. Behind her, she heard the two ladies laughing. Without realizing it, Mi Young had fallen asleep in the midst of getting her hair and make up done. She didn’t know how many minutes had gone by when she had felt a gentle tap on her shoulder.

"Mi Young? We're done," Eunji's voice spoke. Mi Young opened her eyes and saw her long brown hair was now in loose curls. Her eyes wore a smoky look, with white at the inner corners that made her eyes look brighter. Overall she loved the look.

"Thank you," she said.

As the two left, Mrs Lu came in. Himchan had gone to get ready with her aunty so it was only Mi Young and her in the room.

"Mi Young, you look beautiful, " Mrs Lu breathed. Mi Young smiled at her compliment. "Lulu told me you were feeling excited this morning."

Mi Young raised her eyebrows but dropped them quickly before Mrs Lu saw *Luhan called me? She had no recollection of ever speaking to him to this moment*

"Yes..." Mi Young lied. She was starting to feel bad towards Mrs Lu, who has no idea what was going on between her and Luhan and that this was all an act.

------------

An hour before the wedding, Mi Young sat on the sofa in her waiting room. Her stylists were now gone, leaving her on her own. Guess where starting to fill the hall, yet Mi Young wasn't feeling anything. The whole thing is an act after all.

She wondered whether B.A.P had arrived yet with her uncle. She was about to make a call to them when her phone rang first. The caller ID was Luhan.

"Hello?" she answered.

"You better not be thinking of running away last minute. If you do, i think you know what will happen next." Luhan whispered through the receiver. Mi young clenched her fist. "In case you don’t know, lets just say you wont be one happy bunny"

Before she could say anything, he hanged up. She cursed under her breath, cupping her face with her hands. Taking deep breaths, Mi Young attempted to calm herself down.

"Mi Young, is everything alright?" Mrs song spoke. Mi young hadn’t even noticed her come in.

Mi Young nodded her head. She was afraid to turn back now. "I'm fine. Just, um, starting to get a little nervous," she lied.

"Don't worry, everything will work out fine. Mi Young, always remember that no matter how hard things may seem, how many times you fall over, you will only find a stronger sense of yourself. In the end, good things will always come." Mi Young closed her eyes as her aunty kissed her forehead. She felt comfort in her words.

------------

Yongguk threw the phone on the sofa are failing to connect to Jongup's phone yet again. In the kitchen, Youngjae and Daehyun were in the middle of a video call with their general - more like a father to them.

"Is everything alright with Yongguk?" the old man asked, hearing Yongguk groan for the nth time. The two turned to their leader who was pacing around the living room, muttering words to himself.

"Yeah, he's just a little frustrated that Jongup isn’t here yet. We have to go somewhere and he’s late. Zelo went out to find him," Daehyun explained. They then heard the phone ring on the other end of the line.

"Oh, sorry boys, important phone call here. Talk to you next time. Take care. Update me when ever you can. I'm not hearing for you much," and the screen went blank. The boys sighed and placed the device away.

"Yongguk hyung, would you like to tell us why you’re being impatient other than us being late?" Younjae asked.

*Jongup you idiot, do you really need me to tell you want to do?* During breakfast this morning, Yongguk couldn’t help but notice Jongup’s occasional glances as Mi Young and he noticed the disappointed look Mi Young when Jongup suddenly left the house before she headed to the venue. This was when he realized he needed to tell Jongup to stop Mi Young from getting married, since they are both sharing the same feelings towards each other.

Yongguk explained this to the two and they replied with a simultaneous "Oohhhh"

*They're idiots too*

The door suddenly beeped to reveal Jongup soaked from head to toe.

"Where have you been?!" Yongguk demanded as soon as he stepped through the house. He softened a little when he saw his dongsaeng drenched.

"Out for fresh air?" Jongup looked at the clock. It was now 2:45pm. "I'll get changed and then we can go," but he noticed none of them were dressed. "Why aren’t you guys dressed?"

"We are not going to the wedding. You are. Jongup, how can you just let mi young be taken into the hands of Luhan? Go to the venue and stop Mi young from getting married, if you're in love with her that much and it makes you have bi-polar moods everyday." the words all rolled out of Yongguk’s mouth quickly.

Jongup looked at his leader. He didn’t know he had this side of him. He wouldn’t make it in time. The ceremony would start in 15 minutes.

When Jongup remained silent, Yongguk carried on. "Jongup, if you really care for Mi Young, you would do everything to make her happy. Do you think she will be happy with Luhan in the future? With our enemy?" 

*No* Jongup thought.

*We shouldn’t have let her agree to this whole marriage thing in the first place*

"Its too late. And Mi Young and I aren’t compatible with one another anyway. She’s from earth and I'm not. I would have to leave her one day and letting her go is easier like this"

"What if Luhan takes her back to his planet after this?" Yongguk challenged.

Jongup hadn’t thought about that. He wouldn’t let mi young be taken away by those aliens. EXO Planet was not a pleasant place to live, ruled by leader who was hungry for wealth and victory over planets it chose to challenge. Life was lived in almost complete darkness. No laughter from innocent children, no chit-chats in the street. They lived as robots that followed orders.

He looked at the clock again. 10 minutes. Without hesitating, Jongup rushed out into the rain. The streets were deserted as people took cover from the downpour. Rain hit his skin furiously but Jongup kept running until he go to the main road. How many more minutes left? he thought. He want to use his powers to fly to where ever that stupid venue was but that would only attract attention.

Jongup could feel himself becoming out of breath and his legs began to ache. He crossed at the next intersection, without checking for cars. A crack on the road made him trip. He cursed at his clumsiness and hurried to stand up. Everything after that passed in a blur.

There was a loud screech of tires and Jongup felt his bodying being pushed violently to the side, crashing onto the cold ground. He arched his back as he rubbed his aching back. There was a graze on his left arm, but nothing too severe. A couple of meters for him was a large lorry that had swivelled to it side. The lorry that could have crushed and killed him. But it didn’t and he was still alive. And no far from him laid a boy.

Choi Junhong.

A pool of blood was starting to form around his head, mixing in with the rain. His eyes were shut and he lay motionless, clothes now completely wet. Jongup threw himself on his knees, taking the boy in his arms.

"Choi Junhong..." he called, shaking him slightly. No response. "Junhong-ah...." Blood continued to flow from the deep cut on Zelo’s head, staining Jongup’s clothes, but he didn’t care. The poor boy's arms limped by his sides, his head titled back as it rested on Jongup's arms. Jongup began to panic, his tears blurring his vision. Raindrops, tears rolled down his cheeks as sobbed with his is head buried in the younger one's chest.There was no one around to help him and he needed to get to Mi Young, but his friend was also close to dying. He took his phone out of his pockets to find it was out of battery.

“Argh!” he raged fursiously, throwing the phone far as possible. Jongup suddenly began to feel light headed and he struggled to keep his eyes open. *Mi Young, please... don't go to Luhan* He shook his head, only to make it worst. The cold ground welcomed him once again and the world out.

======

Please proceed to the next chapter :)