Discovering The Past

You're My Bunnies

“Mi Young noona!! Wake up!!” Zelo yelled, banging her bedroom door. Mi Young groaned as she her side. Flashbacks of yesterday's happenings instantly filled her mind. *Did yesterday really happen?* she thought, staring at the ceiling. Outside she could hear Zelo's constant knocking on her door. She took her phone from under her pillow and looked at the time. 8:25am. “Crap!” she said, throwing the duvet off her and running into the bathroom to get changed.

Zelo was about to knock on her door again when it suddenly opened. Mi Young blinked as she saw a fist, inches away from her face. Zelo quickly withdrew his hand and greeted her good morning. She greeted him back before running downstairs. “Sorry! I can’t drop you off to school! I have class at 9!” she yelled. “Oh and I can’t pick up either!” and disappeared out of the house.

Jongup came down and stood next to Daehyun who was by the door. “What did she say?” he asked.

“We’re gonna have to make our own to school and she can’t pick us up.” Jongup nodded. “Yah! Hurry up! We’re going to be late!” Daehyun yelled to the rest.

"Where my little princess going?" Himchan asked, joining Daehyun and Jongup by the door, as he buttoned up his shirt.

Yongguk came and joined them too. "Tch, what kind of princess sleep through a person banging at her door for 10 minutes?" Yongguk asked sarcastically. Daehyun snickered, but Himchan and Jongup stared at him.

"”What?” Yongguk asked, seeing the two giving him evils.

------------

Half and hour later, Mi Young arrived at uni and ran up to the second floor. She burst the door opened, making it just in time. Luhan saw her come in and waved her over. She smiled and made her way towards him, slumping down on the seat next to him, exhausted.

“You look tired,” he told her.

“That’s because I am,” she replied, leaning her head on the table. Luhan chuckled and her head.

Before Mi Young could regain any energy, the lecture soon began. "Urgh..." Mi Young complained.

The day went on slowly, especially for Mi Young. She felt drained after coming home late last night and all she wanted was to be back in her bed and fly away to dreamland. At lunch Mi Young texted Himchan and Yongguk to go ahead without her since she was having dinner at Luhan’s house.

Yongguk frowned as he read the text. “She’s spending more and more time with him,” Yongguk thought aloud.

“So? They’re friends,” Himchan replied while eating his sandwich. Yongguk remained silent. He was starting to think he had seen Luhan somewhere before, but couldn’t remember where.

“Don’t you think you have seen Luhan before?” Yongguk asked.

Himchan stopped eating and thought for a while. “No.” he eventually said, before resuming to his food.

*I’ll ask the others when I get home* Yongguk thought to himself, staring at his phone. Himchan looked at Yongguk and noticed he hasn't touched his food. "Guk, if you don't want your food I'll-" making a reach for the pasta, but his hand was swatted away.

"Don't touch my food," Yongguk ordered, but still made no attempt on eating it. 

"Tch, so greedy..." Himchan mumbled to himself.

----------

At 4pm, Mi Young and Luhan both finished class and made their way to Luhan's house. They bumped into Sehun, Kai and Baekhyun by the stairs as they made their way towards Luhan's car.

"Luhan hyung!" Sehun yelled as met his best friend by the stairs. "Want to get bubble tea with us?!" he asked excitedly. He then noticed Mi Young standing next to Luhan. She nodded her head towards Kai, Baekhyun and him.

"Annyeong, Mi Young noona" he said before turning his attention back to Luhan. "So are you coming hyung?"

"Sorry Sehun. Not today. My parents invited Mi Young to have dinner at the house.. Another time okay?" Luhan sadly said, ruffling Sehun's hair at the same time. "See you guys later," he told Kai and Baekhyun. Sehun pouted as Luhan and Mi Young walked towards the exit.

"Come on Sehun," Baekhyun said, patting him on the back. "Let's just invite the others."

The three of them watched as Luhan and Mi Young walked out the building. *Luhan hyung, you're more capable than I thought* Kai thought with a smirk.

-------------------

"So where are your friends from China staying?" Mi Young asked as Luhan drove them to his parent’s house. 

"With me," he simply replied. Mi Young looked at him with a frown. *With me?* Mi Young thought. 

He looked at Mi her confused expression. "We all live together. I don’t live with my parents anymore"

"Oohh..." she said, realizing what he had meant. Luhan smiled at her cute expression before quickly turned to the front.

It was long a drive to the house since Luhan's parents lived in the suburbs of Seoul. The rest journey was quiet and Mi Young looked out the window. She had almost forgotten that the guy next to her would soon be her husband. She turned to face him, looking at his calm face.

"Is my face that handsome?" Luhan asked, turning to meet her eyes. Mi Young blinked fast before facing the window. 

"Shut up, no." she quickly said.

"No? So you think I'm ugly?" he teased.

"What?! No! I mean- Forget it..." she said. Luhan laughed, enjoying teasing her.

A few minutes later, Luhan drove through a large set of gates "We're here" Luhan announced. Mi Young looked at the large house in front of her. *Woow…* she thought as she stepped out. The house had a large balcony that over looked the small garden in front and had arched windows on the sides. Luhan lead her towards the house and greeted his mum as he entered.

“Omma, we’re here!” he said, seeing his mum placing plates on the dining table. Mi Young quickly took off her shoes and followed Luhan inside.

“Hello” Mi Young greeted nervously. She still didn’t know how to act towards Luhan’s mum.

“Luhan, Mi Young! Did you guys have a good day?” she asked as they entered.

“Yeah” Luhan replied, taking the plates from his mum and setting them down. Mi Young smiled in agreement.

“Luhan, I can handle it! You two just take a seat and wait for another few minutes, dinner is almost ready,” she told them. Luhan took a seat a the table and Mi Young followed. She sat upright with her knees together and her hands placed on top of them. Letting out some air, she drummed her fingers on her knees, observing the various items on display. Next to her, Luhan noticed how tensed she was.

“Mi Young,” he whispered, surprising her a little. “Relax. There’s nothing to be nervous about. My parents already like you, hence why you’re getting married to me” he joked.

“Oh? Oh…” she said, relaxing a little. 15 minutes later, Mrs Lu had brought everything to the table and Luhan’s dad arrived just in time.

“Appa” Luhan greeted.

“Hello, nice to me you” Mi Young said. Mr Lu greeted everyone and sat next to his wife.

“So Mi Young,” Mr Lu began as he sat down. “Has Luhan been treating you well so far?” he asked.

“Yes, he has,” she smiled. Luhan had been treating her well since the day they met, a month ago, but they didn’t know that.

“Luhan has decided to enroll at Seoul University, isn’t that right Luhan?” his mum said.

“O-oh, really? That’s good,” Mi Young said, looking at Luhan. “I-I go there too.” She remembered Luhan telling her about his situation and was careful of what she said.

“Really?! That’s great! Luhan, be sure to look after Mi Young okay?” Mrs Lu instructed.

“Yes omma.”

There was silence for a while as they ate their food. Mi Young looked around the table. *I guess I should ask them about my dad now…* she thought.

“Mrs Lu, Mr, Lu, what do you know about my dad? About his business?” she finally asked. Mrs Lu looked at her husband and urged him to answer.

“Your appa Mi Young… Well, I know a lot about him.” He chuckled. “But I know what you’re asking. Just before you were born, your dad decided to start up a business as a side job whilst still being a doctor. As you know, he worked in a hospital and as soon as his shift was over, he would go home and focus on his business – your mum told me this. I don’t know how he did it, but eventually, his business become very successful and so he spent more time on that than being a doctor... His business continued to grow and soon, he was the owner of one of the largest trading firms in Korea. You’re dad and I had met many time during conferences and one day, we both agreed that joining our two companies together would benefit us both” Mr Lu finished.

Mi Young was nodding from start to finish, taking in everything My Lu was saying. She now admired her dad even more than she had previously. Luhan too was pretty impressed. Even though he didn’t know him, he could sense he was a dedicated and hard working person. Mi Young suddenly felt sad that her parents were no longer by her side and she wished her dad were there to see his business grow.

A phone rang, breaking the silence and Mi Young felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She immediately took it out and frowned at the caller ID. She hesitated to answer it, looking at Mr and Mrs Lu. Mrs Lu saw her expression and encouraged her to take the call.

“Jongup? What is it?” she answered, covering the end of the phone.

Jongup didn’t reply for a while. “M-Mi Young… Ah-ahjumma…” he started. Mi Young’s heart starting beating fast at the tone of his voice and that he had mentioned ahjumma.

When Jongup didn’t continue, Mi Young got impatient. “Jongup! What about ahjumma?!” Luhan stared at her at her sudden outburst.

“She’s at the hospital,” he eventually said.

 

===========

 I'm getting slower with my updates...

 

and Luhan