An Unknown Past

You're My Bunnies

Her auntie opened the door and Mi Young  saw a young man and woman walk in. She could tell they were a couple. Behind them stood a tall, brown haired boy but unable to see his face. Mi Young stood up to greet them, not recognising who they were.  As the couple walked toward her, Mi Young's eyes widened as she recognised the boy. *What the...* Mi Young looked between the boy and her auntie.

"Mi Young, this is Luhan."
 
Luhan bowed to her, as if meeting her for the first time. He made eye contact with her but said nothing more. Mi Young bowed back and greeted who she assumed were his parents. 
 
"Hello" Mi Young greeted.
 
"Mi Young... You've grown so much..." the woman told her, placing her hands on Mi Young's shoulders. Mi Young stared back at her with a puzzled look, but nevertheless, with a smile. "Oh pardon me, I'm Lu Mei, this is my husband, Lu Xie and my son, Luhan" Mi Young bowed to all three of them. Her auntie lead them back to the living were they sat around the coffee table. Mi Young took a seat opposite the three and eyed Luhan. *Luhan, what are you doing here? And why are you acting like you don't know me?* Luhan stared back at Mi Young, keeping quiet.
 
Her auntie noticed them and asked whether they knew each other. "No, we don't" Luhan quickly answered before Mi Young could, not taking his eyes away from her. Mi Young frowned but decided to play along. 
 
Silence filled the room. Mi Young was very confused as to what was going on, especially now that Luhan was acting like they were strangers. 
 
"Mi Young-.." Her auntie was the first to break the silence. "The reason why I asked you come here is because..." she trailed off, hesitating. Mi Young looked at her listening intently. "Well you see, Mr and Mrs Lu we're a close friend of your parents. They are the owner of a large trading company in China. And your dad, he actually is the owner of a large trading company here in Korea, although you probably don't know this..."
 
Mi Young raised her eyebrows and stared at her auntie. She was about to say something, but was stopped when her auntie carried on. "When you were young, your parents and Mr and Mrs Lu here wanted to merge their companies together, to become bigger, better, more powerful. However, the board of directors of your dad's business were against this and so the only way they could do that was if their children was to get married and inherit the company. And so... the person they arranged you to marry is no other than their son, Luhan."
 
"WHAT?!" Mi Young spurted out. She looked back between Luhan and her auntie again. Did she hear right? Not only did her dad own a business but her parents had arranged her to get married with a person, who until a month ago, she had not known. Mi Young turned to Luhan. Had he known this all along? But seeing the shocked look on his face, he probably had no clue either. He stared at his parents with a disbelief face but said nothing.
 
Mi Young tried to gather her thoughts before she began to speak. "So, what you are saying is... My dad owned a company and he wanted to merge with another company, to get bigger and the only way is for me and Luhan to get married?" Mi Young asked.
 
"That's right." Mr and Mrs Lu nodded their head. 
 
"What happens if I don't want to?"
 
"The success of your dad's business is in your hands." Mr Lu said. 
 
She didn't want to get married to someone she had no feelings towards. But her dads company, although she still couldn't quite believe it, was on the line here. And to be fair, Luhan didn't seem that bad at all .
 
"I.. I need a moment," she said getting up and walked to the garden. Luhan's eyes followed her out. 

Mi Young sat on the swinging bench and closed her eyes as the cold wind blew on her face. She didn’t know what to do or what to think. Her mind was so confused right now that she could feel a headache coming. She thought back to the past when she thought her dad was just a doctor, someone who just helped people get better. This she knew for sure was true, since she remembered going to visit him often at the hospital with her grandparents, even though her dad was against it. But he would always smile when he saw his little girl. Now she had just find out there was more to him. He was the owner of a large trading company. *Who is running it now?* she thought. She wanted to know more about her dad, about his company and a million questions entered her mind.

Mi Young slowly opened her eyes and saw Luhan staring down at her. “Omg you scared me!” she said, holding her hand to her chest. Luhan sat down next to her and handed a glass of water. Mi Young looked at him, but accepted it anyway, taking a long sip. “Why did you do that?” Mi Young asked without looking at him as she swung the bench. 

“Do what?” he asked.

“Back then… You pretended you didn’t know me,” Mi Young said, still staring into the distance.

“Oh… Sorry. My parents thought I only came back from China yesterday…” he explained. Mi Young turned to face him, raising her eyebrows.

“The truth is… I was supposed to finish school in China before coming here… But I got bored and decided to come here earlier without my parents knowing. They don’t know that I’ve enrolled at Seoul University.”

“Oh.” was Mi Young's response. “Fair enough” she said. “Are you going to tell them?”

“I’ll tell them soon enough” Luhan reassured her with a smile. “So are you going to agree to this marriage?” he asked her.

Mi Young sighed. “I don’t know…” she said truthfully. It was Luhan’s turn to raise his eyebrows. “I don’t mean that I don’t like you!” she quickly said, making Luhan laugh. “It’s just that… I want to get married to someone who, you know, I’ve spent time with, developed feelings for…Those kinds of things... How about you?”

“Me?” Luhan thought for a while. “I don’t really mind. You’re a nice girl with a great personality, pretty, kind. You’re almost perfect,” he said, looking at her with the corner of his eyes, smiling.

“Tch” Mi Young bowed her head and blushed. She looked at Luhan. He was good looking, kind and often made her laugh. *Maybe getting married to him won’t be so bad.* Mi Young thought. *It could have been worst*

Behind them, Mi Young’s auntie and Luhan’s parents watched as the two conversed. “They’re getting along great don’t you think?” Mrs Lu said.

“You’re right. They look like a couple already.” Mi Young’s auntie agreed.

--------------------------

Before Mi Young announced her decision, her auntie invited veryone for lunch. After washing the dishes, Mi Young returned to the living room with Luhan, with her mind decided what she wanted to do. She had thought long and hard about her decision and for now, she thinks it’s the best.

“So, Mi Young, have you made up your mind?” Her auntie asked. Everyone turned their attention to her.

“Yes.” Mi Young started. She still didn't quite believe what was happening. She paused and took a deep breathe. “I’ve decided to agree with the arrangement,” she said and looked at Luhan who looked a little surprised.

Mr and Mrs Lu let out a sigh of relief as they smiled at each other. “You won’t regret the decision you made Mi Young” Mr Lu told her. “Our Luhan is a very kind boy and I’m sure he will be the perfect husband."

*I hope I don’t regret this* Mi Young thought.

"Luhan, how about you? You're okay with this right?" his mum asked.

"If it's what's best for the business" Luhan simply replied. His mum smiled as she patted his knee.

Mi Young's auntie bought down all the legal documents for Luhan and her to sign. She took the documents in her hand and began to read. Next to her, Luhan was doing the same. After reading them through, Mi Young took the pen and held it over the page, hesitating for a second. She looked up and saw everyone waiting for her. *For dad's company* She took a deep breath and placed her signature at the bottom of the page. Luhan did the same. And so now they were engaged and also the heir of the soon-to-be-called LuSong Enterprise.

“Mi Young, why don’t you come over to our house tomorrow with Luhan?” Mrs Lu offered. “I’ll prepare dinner for you and we can dicuss the wedding plans!”

“That would be nice” Mi Young replied but cringed at the word "wedding". There were many questions she needed answers to and it would be an opportunity to get to know them more and hopefully about her dad too but she wasn't sure about discussing wedding plans just yet.

“Well, we’ve got to be going now. We have a meeting to go too. Thank you Mrs Song for having us today” Mrs Lu announced.

Everyone got up from their seats and Mi Young’s auntie led them to the door where Mi Young said her goodbyes to them.

“See you tomorrow Mi Young” Luhan told her before following his parents to their car.

Mi Young waved and her auntie returned to the house in silence.

---------------------------

At Mi Young's house, B.A.P were still awake. Jongup came down to living room with his phone in hand.

"Is Mi Young not back yet?" he casually asked Daehyun who was lying on the sofa, reading a magazine.

"Nope" he simply said without looking up. Jongup nodded his head, taking seat on the sofa next to the window. He looked at his phone for the hundreth time, but still no call from Mi Young. He had been trying to contact her for the pass hour but she never picked up. *Mi Young, where are you? It's almost 10pm* Jongup thought, frowning.

"Don't worry about Mi Young. She'll be back soon" Daehyun said till reading, *What the-?! How did he know?!* Jongup thought.

"I wasn't worrying..." Jongup denied as he looked out the window.

A few minutes later, Zelo came down, whining that he was hungry. "Daehyuh hyung.... Baegupa..." he said, rubbing his stomach.

"Ask Youngjae to cook you something. He's the one good at cooking, not me." Daehyun replied lazily.

"I did! He said to ask you! Sheesh! Can one of you just cook something for the poor dying child here?!" he said, sitting on the floor. Daehyun threw the magazine at him, hitting Zelo's head. 

"Stop talking nonsense. You just ate 2 hours ago." 

"Ahhh hyung~~~~~" Zelo continued to whine like a child while the two ignored him.

---------------------------

“Mi Young you must be hungry, have something to eat” Mi Young's auntie offered as they entered the living room.

“I would love to but I have a train to catch. Umm… is it ok if I just take it with me?” she asked shyly.

“Of course! Wait here,” and she disappeared into the kitchen. Mi Young sat on the sofa while she waited. What is going to happen now? She still knows nothing about her dad’s company and what her role in that would be. Being the heir meant she would one day have to work there but she still wants to follow her dream of becoming a doctor. *I'll ask Luhan's parents tomorrow...* Mi Young thought.

5 minutes later, her auntie handed her a bag containing food. Mi Young took the bag and thanked her. “Be careful on your way home, Mi Young. Come back to visit, hm? You’re uncle will love to see you”

“Yes auntie. I’ll be back soon” Mi Young promised. She gave her a hug before exiting the house. Mi Young waved a finally goodbye and walked into the dark streets of Busan.

 

===================

Wow this was a longer chapter than usual....