Announcement At Dinner

You're My Bunnies

 

The next morning Mi Young woke up after receiving a text from her aunty informing her an urgent matter came up at work so she didn’t have to visit. She also told her she had told Luhan about it and she didn’t need to worry. It was only 6:30am so she decided to go back to sleep.

By 10am, everyone was up and had just finished breakfast. After helping Daehyun with the dishes Mi Young went to her room. She laid on her bed with her legs hanging off the edge, thinking about how she was going to tell B.A.P and Jooyeon about her marriage. Thinking long and hard, she finally decided to invite Luhan and Jooyeon for dinner and tell everyone then. This was the best way she could think of. After sending a text to the two, she went to get change to go grocery shopping.

“I’m going grocery shopping!” Mi Young announced as she walked down the stairs wrapped in her thick jacket and knit scarf. “Zelo you wanna come?” She saw him walk over to the living room from the kitchen.

“Um, noona, thanks but no thanks. Its cold outside, I’d rather stay here were its warm,” he sat down at the sofa and flicked through the channels. *Tch, lazy bum*

Himchan came downstairs and saw Mi Young was about to leave. “Baby boo, where are you going?”

“To buy food,” *He could help me carry the bags after.* “Yah, make yourself useful and get changed. You're coming with me.”

“Sure baby girl~~ I’ll go anywhere with you~~” he said and left to change. Mi Young rolled her eyes and waited for him to come back.

10 minutes later, Himchan was all ready to go. Mi Young pulled her hat on and the two set out in the cold to the local supermarket.

The weather was freezing and there were hardly anyone out. Thankfully, they didn’t have to walk far.

At the supermarket, Mi Young took a trolley and started pushing along the aisle with Himchan happily walking next to her. She reached out for various ingredients she needed to make dinner and placed it in the trolley, grabbing a couple of their favourite snacks on the way.

Himchan suddenly ran over to the seafood section and peered at a tank that was full of crabs.

“WHAO! IT MOVES!” Himchan was fascinated at the moving creatures in front of him. Mi Young slapped her forehead and walked over to join him. “Come on Himchan, we ne-“

“Can I touch it?! AHH!” Himchan had poked his hand inside the tanks and was almost bitten by the crab. “Baby girl it almost bit me!!”

Mi Young rolled her eyes and pulled him away. “Come on, I’m done, let’s go pay.”

After paying for the groceries, the two went straight home. “Why did you buy so much food?” Himchan asked as they walked to through the gates, each holding two bags each. *Oh yeah, I haven’t told them yet…*

“Oh, I’m inviting Jooyeon and Luhan for dinner,” Mi Young opened the door and warmth enveloped her. *Luhan? That guy she goes to school with?* He didn’t question it and placed the bags on the kitchen counter.

“Noona you’re back! Did you get me anything?!” Zelo ran over and looked the food she had brought home.

“No I didn’t,” you stuck his tongue out at him and walked over to the kitchen, but Zelo saw his favourite chocolate chip cookies sticking out of the bag.

“Noona you did!” He reached to take it out, but Mi Young slapped his hands away. “No, not now! Eat them later!” Zelo made a face and went back to watch his show.

Daehyun, Youngjae, Yongguk and Jongup came down when they heard the noise downstairs. “What’s with all the food Mi Young?” Youngjae asked.

“She’s inviting Jooyeon and Luhan for dinner,” Himchan replied for her. Yongguks ears shot up. *Luhan? Why is she inviting him over for dinner all of a sudden?*

Meanwhile, Jongup furrowed his brows as he went to join Zelo and the rest in the living room. *He was the guy that was with her on the day ahjumma got into an accident… Are they that close?*

Just before 7pm, Mi Young finished cooking dinner and brought the last dish out onto the table. At the exact moment, the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it!” Youngjae called. “Oh, hi Jooyeon!” he greeted a bit to enthusiastically, causing her to laugh. “Hi Youngjae.”

“Jooyeon!” Mi Young ran over to greet her best friend who she hadn’t seen in a while. “God I’ve missed you!”

“I’ve missed you too! Oh and errr… belated Merry Christmas!” she held out a pink gift bag in front of her.

“Awww! You didn’t have to get me anything! I’ll give yours later okay?” she nodded and Mi Young took the bag from her. “Come sit, dinner is ready,” Mi Young guided her to the table. “Guys! Dinner's ready!” she called to the boys in the living room. They immediately rushed over when they heard dinner was served.

“Hi Jooyeon noona!” Zelo happily greeted as he took a seat.

“Hi Zelo, hey guys,” She exchanged greetings with the rest and everyone settled down. A few seconds later, the doorbell rang for the second time.

“That should be Luhan,” Mi Young took off her apron before going to the door. “Luhan you came,” she smiled.

“I’m not late am I?” he asked.

“Not at all,” Mi Young took a step back and allowed Luhan in. He joined everyone at the table where Mi Young properly introduced him and said his greetings to B.A.P and Jooyeon. He sat down beside Mi Young while Jooyeon sat opposite and they began eating dinner.

Yongguk and Himchan would occasionally glance at Luhan and took note of how close he was to Mi Young.

“You cook really well,” Luhan complemented Mi Young, causing her to blush. She had never cooked for anyone except for B.A.P. She quietly thanked him and they continued to exchange conversations with Jooyeon and the rest. Daehyun and Youngjae in particular took turns asking various questions about his life and how he knew Mi Young.

“Ohh… So you met Mi Young on her first day of school?” Youngjae asked. Luhan nodded.

“And that’s how you became friends?” Daehyun spoke. He nodded again.

“So what do you think of planet earth?” Youngjae questioned again. Luhan looked stunned. *Gotcha* Youngjae thought.

“Youngjae oppa!” Mi Young stopped them from asking any more questions. When she saw that nearly everyone was done, she decided to make the big announcement. She looked at Luhan who she had told previously why she was inviting him over. He took her hands and gave it a comforting squeeze.

Mi Young cleared to gain everyone’s attention. They all stopped their conversions and turned to her. *It’s now or never Mi Young.* “Um.. so the reason why I invited Jooyeon and Luhan tonight is because I have something to tell you,” she looked at Jooyeon and B.A.P especially.

Mi Young bit her bottom lip and turned to Jongup. “Jongup, you asked me if this ring was new and I told you it was my mum’s… Well actually I lied.” Mi Young paused for a bit, not making eye contact with anyone. “The truth is Luhan and I are getting married.” 

 

=====