Late Night Visit

You're My Bunnies

As costumers began to leave, ahjumma and the rest of her workers began to clear up for the night. Gradually, the once busy resturant was now quiet and empty. By 12 am, the restaurant was closed and ahjumma made her way home. Living only 10 minutes away by foot was convienent for her, allowing her to stay late at the restaurant when needed. The night was warm as ahjumma walked with the moonlight guiding her.

Putting the key in the lock, she suddenly felt a strong pain in her head. Lately, she had been getting these attacks, but she thought nothing of it. Ahjumma leaned on the door for support as she waited for the pain to go away. Closing her eyes and trying not to wince, Mi Young saw her as she got out of the car.

"Ahjumma!!" Mi Young came running and put her arm around ahjumma for support. She saw the pain on her face and she knew there was something serious. "Ahjumma! Does your head hurt?" 
 
"No i-it's nothing. Just a slight headache. No need to be worried" and she forced a weak smile. Mi Young could only sigh. Since she met ahjumma, she knew ahjumma was the type who didn't like making people worry over her. Taking the keys from her, Mi Young unlocked the front door and lead her into her living room. 
 
The house was small since she now lived by herself after her husband passed away a couple of years ago and her children were now studying abroad. Her living room was simple with a sofa, a TV, a few decorations here and there including a bookshelf that contained photos of ahjumma's family. Mi Young accompanied her as they made their way into the dark living room. She switched the lights on before setting her down. 
 
"Ahjumma, I'll get you water ok." Before ahjumma could reply Mi Young made her way to the kitchen. She was now comfortable in ahjumma's house since she always visited. Here, she felt like it was her second home. *I better bring ahjumma to the hospital...* she thought as she poured water in a glass. 
 
Ahjumma sat on the sofa with her eyes closed, her head leaning back against the wall."Please drink this" Mi Young said, handing her the glass.
 
"Thank you Mi Young..." ahjumma took the glass and drank a sip. "Mi Young ah, what are you doing here? It late.."
 
"Ahjumma, you don't look well. I think I should bring you to the hospital. I'm worried for you..."
 
"Mi Young-ah, I'm fine! No need for a visit to the hospital!" 
 
Mi young shook her head. She knew there was something serious. "Ahjumma, please come to the hospital tomorrow. Okay?" and looked at her with pleading eyes. Ahjumma was the closest person to her. She was a mother to her and she didn't want to have a feeling of loosing someone again. Not so suddenly.
 
"Okay then Mi Young-ah." Mi Young smiled as she took her hands and gave it a comforting squeeze. 
 
Ahjumma looked at Mi Young. The little girl who asked her to work her at restaurant has now grown up into a beautiful young lady. She remembered the first day she had met Mi Young. She was probably 5 years old then, on a family outing with her parents and grandparents. They had come to her restaurant for her birthday. She remembered watching the happy family eat away as they celebrated the little girl's brithday. She never knew she would be back, asking her for a job. 
 
"Mi Young... Thank you"
 
Mi Young turned to her. "Hm? For what?" 
 
"For taking care of me, helping at the restaurant..."
 
"Ayeeee ahjumma, it nothing. " and she gave her a smile. Mi Young was always grateful she had ahjumma to keep her company.
 
She looked at the clock in front of them that hung on the wall. "I think you should go to sleep now."
 
"I think so too. And you should go home, it's getting too late." Mi young nodded.
 
"I'll pick you up after school tomorrow okay?" she said as she got up. Ahjumma nodded her head slowly with a smile. Mi Young gave a her a warm embrace, she closed her eyes and wondered if this would have been like this if her mum was here.
 
"Goodnight ahjumma!" 
 
"Goodnight Mi Young ah" and she watched as Mi Young head out the door.
 
 
=================================
 
 
I want another summer holiday!! School is already killing me