Realising

You're My Bunnies

Looking out the window, Mi Young sat in her  favourite coffee shop as she gently took a sip out of her white cafe mocha. Outside, the sun was shining on a warm July day and she watched as nameless people walked by as they got on with their day.

 
"Mi Young-ah!" Mi Young diverted her gaze toward the door and saw her bestfriend, Kim Jooyeon, walk in.
 
"Annyeong" she greeted as she took the seat in front of her.
 
"Yah! I heard there's a new shop opending at COEX and you get 20% discounts!" she told her with a huge grin on her face. 
 
Without asking whether she wanted to go or not, Jooyeon took Mi Young's hand and headed towards the mall. 
 
------
 
20 minutes later, the two friends arrived at the new shop which turned out to be a clothing store.
 
"Kaja!" Jooyeon said, pointing towards the store.
 
Mi Young took her time choosing her clothes. There were lots of beautiful dresses and tops she wished to buy, but she could only walk pass them. How she wish she was able to buy these pretty close but her wallet said no. 
 
"Just a few more year, Mi Young, just a few more years."
 
When Mi Young was a child, her parents frequently came home with bag full of clothes that she would happily wear. Although she received a large amount of inheritance, she knew that it wouldn't last her her whole life. Knowing this, she studied hard, spending many hours in the school library as well as late night to ensure she would get in Korea's top university - Seoul University. Mi Young aimed to study medicine - typical right? - but that was her strongest field, seeing as both her parents were doctors.
 
While looking at around, Jooyeon came up to and held out two tops.
 
"Which one looks better? This one?" she asked as she lifted a blue and white laced top "or this one?" lifting the other top with a pink bow.
 
"That one" Mi Young said as she pointed to the first top.
 
"Thanks!" she said and walked away.
 
Finally, the two of them made their way towards the cashier after spending what seems like hours in the shop.
 
""Mi Young-ah that's all your getting?" Jooyeon asked, pointing to your small pile of clothes compared to her mountain of clothes.
 
"Yeah.. I haven't received my pay yet, so I need to save money." Mi Young replied and gave her a weak smile before handing the assistant money.
 
After grabbing something to drink at Starbucks the two of them continued looking around the mall.
 
"Hottieeee!!" Jooyeon exclaimed as they walked passed a group of guys.
 
"Yah!" Mi Young slapped her arm. "Can you not be so loud?! They can probably hear you!"
 
Jooyeon turned back to her bestfriend. "Chill will you? They're probably to busy talking amongst themselves to even hear me"
 
Mi Young scoffed and walked ahead.
 
"Yah. Yaaaah!!! Wait for me!! Aish!" Jooyeon yelled as she hurried after her bestfriend.
 
===
 
At 5pm, Mi Young returned home with her new clothes and a new pair of shoes. She dumped her stuff in her room and went out to buy food, taking her purse and an umbrella before heading out the door. 
 
Since she was short of money, Mi Young had to limit herrself with the amount of food she bought..
*I should really find myself another job* she thought as she walked around the food store with the shopping list in her hand and a basket in another.  
 
"Here it is!" Mi Young exclaimed as she walked along the isle that sold ramyun. 
 
Having to work until late, Mi Young had no time to cook herself a proper meal so she lived on eating ramyun.
 
Bending down, she looked at the variety of ramyun whilst tapping her index finger on her chin. After a few minutes, she decided to take a one of each flavour and three of her favourite.
 
----
 
That night, Mi Young managed to finish her homework after coming home from yet another busy day at the restaurant. 
 
In between reading a book, she looked to her window sill and stared at her bunnies. She reached out and took the first bunny she where given - the one with the red mask.
 
"Omma, appa, halmoeni, halaboeji, are you doing well?" Mi Young said to herself as she held the bunny in her hand. 
"I'm doing well here... well actually..., it's lonely being the only person in the house. But it's okay. I know all of you are watching over me... I'll be applying for university soon. I'm going to become a doctor like you omma, appa. You'll be proud of me right" she said and let a tear roll down her cheek.
 
Then she noticed a silver tag sticking out of the mask on the back of the plushies head.
 
"Mweoyah..."
 
Mi Young carefully folded the mask back and took a closer look at the tag.
 
ShiShi Mato - Bang Yongguk
 
Until now, she hadn't really taken a closer look at the plush toy.
 
"Bang Yongguk... so you have a name"
 
Carefully placing the mask back on Mi Young reached out to the rest and undid the mask on each of them.
 
"Tats Mato - Kim Himchan, Joko Mato - Yoo Youngjae, Keke Mato - Jung Daehyun, Toto Mato - Choi Junhong..." she read. "After all these years I never knew you all had names you said. Pabo Song Mi Young." and she hit her head with her hand.
 
*Mianhae...*
 
Mi Young sighed and placed them all back to their rightful place. Lately, she realized she had been sighing a lot.
 
As she travelled to dreamland, the beady eyes of her precious bunnies glisened in the dark as if they were happy she had finally found out their names.
 
================
 
Double update! 
 
I know it may be a bit boring at the moment, but I promise it will get better in the chapters to come! Comments are appreciated :)
 
 
 
 
KAIII