Chapter 28

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

Hee Jin and Eunkwang had decided to take a walk after they had all left Luhan and Soomi. The other members had decided to go out and eat with Minhee and Chanyeol. "So...what did you think of the performance?" Eunkwang asked her. Hee Jin looked up from kicking a pebble. "Huh? Oh, it was great! You?"

"I also thought it was great. She did so well in her solo! Luckily I recorded it to show to the members." Hee Jin laughed. "That's true. They must be very lucky to have you as their leader."

Eunkwang waved off her compliment, "Aniya, I'm not that great of a leader."

"Yes, you are!" Hee Jin insisted. "You're the bestest leader ou-"

"HEE JIIINNNN!" Hee Jin and Eunkwang turned around when they heard her name. What they saw was a running and out of breath Baekhyun. "YAH! Why don't you answer your phone?" He yelled after catching his breath. Hee Jin looked at him, wide-eyed, "E-Eh!? You called me!?" She quickly took out her phone and looked at it. 20 missed calls and 15 messages. All from Baekhyun.

"Omo! I'm so sorry Baekhyun!" Hee Jin said. He waved his hands and caught his breath, walking side by side with her. "It's okay, is it okay if I walk with you guys?" Hee Jin silently nodded as Eunkwang made a barely noticeable glare towards him. Baekhyun smirked and smiled at Hee Jin, "So, what were you guys talking about?!"

"Just something really important that you don't need to know--" But Hee Jin cut him off, "Oh! We were just talking about Soomi's performance. Wasn't it great?" Baekhyun smiled and gave her a thumbs up. There was an awkward tension in the air with the two boys beside her. Both of the boys tried to walk closer and closer to her until they touched her arms on either side, squishing her. "Umm... guys? I'm kind of squished here." They didn't hear and kept glaring at each other, squishing in even more. Hee Jin tried to get out and jumped forward, falling on her knees. They looked at her in surprise. Baekhyun rushed up to her and stared at her arms and legs for any injuries. There was a slight scrape on her arm. He looked towards Eunkwang and glared at him.

"Yah! Look what you've done! Hee Jin scraped her arm!" Baekhyun barked out angrily. Eunkwang kneeled down to look at it and scoffed. "Yah, she's fine. And you were the one who kept squishing her!" He smirked and helped Hee Jin up. Baekhyun pushed his arms away from her. "Why are you touching her, huh?! You were the one who made her fall!" 

"Nuh uh!"

"Uh huh!"

"Guys! Just stop it okay?! I'm fine. And you both were kind if killing me. We only have a little ways to go to where Minhee and the others are. Lets just get along okay?" Baekhyun scoffed and Eunkwang glared, both of them crossing their arms and walking alongside Hee Jin again. They walked in silence again, the only sound was the rushing water of the Han River and the clacking of Hee Jin's heels. Hee Jin crossed her arms also, this wasn't what she was expecting. "So, Baekhyun, when did you meet Hee Jin?"

"I'm a good friend of Soomi and Minhee, so I would know her. You?" Baekhyun sneered. Eunkwang smirked at him and chuckled on the inside. "Oh really? I knew her ever since kindergarten." Hee Jin walked a little bit faster, but the boys caught up with her pace. "Eunkwang, do you know her favorite color?!" 

"I do, it's light avocado green. I bet you don't know what her favorite drink is." 

"It's a hot chocolate in a mug with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a cherry on top along with a teaspoon with sugar. She likes it extra sweet. Do you know what she likes to do in her free time?!" Their voices continued to raise higher and higher above each other. "She likes to paint, draw, and read books. She's at least smarter than you. Do you even know what she did in third grade? Huh?"

"I don't! But at least I'm nice to her instead of following her everywhere like a little puppy!" Eunkwang rolled his eyes and breathed out loud. Hee Jin uncomfortably pulled on her long gown, wanting to tell them to just stop everything. Eunkwang raised his voice higher, "I do not! And why do you even care about her anyway? Huh?!" Now Baekhyun was on the edge of blowing up. His face was a bright red as he glared at Eunkwang. 

"Because I like her! Happy?! I care about her because I like her!" After that, every single one of them stopped in their tracks. Eunkwang gawked at him, his mouth hanging open. On the inside, he wanted to punch Baekhyun in the guts, tell him to get away from his Hee Jin. Hee Jin felt heat rush up to her cheeks and she didn't turn, just stood there like a lifeless doll. Baekhyun stared at the two, realizing what he had just said. Why did he let something like that slip out?! Now he was in serious trouble. Hee Jin, her face now bright pink, bowed to the two. "I think I should go first." She grabbed her long dress up, took off her annoying heels, and ran towards the light building in front of her that Suho's father owned. 

Eunkwang glared at Baekhyun one more time before rushing after her. Baekhyun rushed after him too. "Yah! Wait up!" He grabbed Eunkwang by the back of his collar and pulled him backwards. "Hey! What was that for?!"

Baekhyun breathed hard from all of the running. "Don't follow her, she needs time alone." Eunkwang pushed Baekhyun to the ground and put both of his hands on his hips. "Says the boy who just confessed. Wah, really nice Baekkie."

"Don't call me that," Baekhyun got up and brushed himself off. "Don't be such a jerk, Eunkwang. She must be angry with me... Lets just stay here." Eunkwang looked back to where Hee Jin once was and sighed in defeat, wanting to just run after her. 

"Aish. Fine. This is all because of you, got it!?" Eunkwang said haughtily. Then he walked off past Baekhyun, making sure to bump his shoulder. "Mianhe, Hee Jin-ah...I shouldn't have said anything." Baekhyun sighed and walked on a different path towards the river.


"Minhee, I think you should stop drinking now." Lay grabbed the green bottle from her hands but she waved her hands in front of him. She drunkenly smiled and did some aegyo. "Awwh, come on Oppa! Can't I have just a few more? Pwease?!" Lay sighed in defeat. He had been trying to take it away from her since she showed signs of being drunk. Chanyeol sighed also, trying to keep her steady on the couch. 

"Yes! I won! Where's my money, Joonma?!" Chen put his bottle up in the air and cheered for himself. Suho cursed under his breath and tool out his wallet, counting out all the bills. He grabbed them out and forcefully gave it to Jongdae, who innocently smiled and took another shot of soju. Tonight they had no schedule, so they were free from all of the cameras. Minhee laughed at Suho and took another shot also. "Yeobo, I mean Minhee! Maybe you should stop now, okay?" Chanyeol made a move to take away the bottle. Minhee held it close to her chest. 

"It's mine!" Instead of pouring it into a glass this time, Minhee drunk it from the bottle and stumbled. Lay and Chanyeol warned her and held her steady. She smiled and pointed to Chanyeol. "Did you see Soomi and Luhan? Luhan confessed to her in such a cute way, dude! With lights and everything! And how did you confess to me? At a freakin' fishing dock!" Minhee let out a loud laugh and everyone in the room stopped in their tracks, staring at the two. Chanyeol put a hand over and laughed nervously, "She says weird things when she's drunk?" They all nodded in agreement. Minhee's eyes were about to close when someone burst through the door. 

It was Hee Jin, breathing loudly. She had sweat running down her forehead, despite the cold weather. "Hee Jin!" Suho said, staring at her. "I thought you went to walk to Eunkwang..." She half smiled, "I wanted to come back early. Oh! Minhee-ah! I need to talk to you!" 

Hee Jin made her way to Minhee, but Lay stopped her. "Umm, I don't think you should. She's kind of drunk right now--" Minhee smiled brightly. "Oh! Hee Jin Unnie! What brings you here! Did you know Baekhyun Oppa likes you? What a coincidence, huh?" She chuckled to herself and Hee Jin hung her head low. Everyone wasn't believing anything Minhee was saying now.

"And Soomi?" Chen didn't turn from the deck of cards he was playing with Suho, "Still with Luhan." Hee Jin breathed and stared at her sparkling dress, squealing inside. Baekhyun had just confessed to her! What did she feel? Did she like Eunkwang instead? She needed someone to talk to, but Soomi was having a wonderful time with Luhan and Minhee was beyond drunk. She certainly couldn't talk to one of these boys, until she turned to Chanyeol. "Chanyeol-ah, can I talk to you for a moment?" Chanyeol looked up in surprise before nodding. He motioned to Lay to take his spot. 

Hee Jin and Chanyeol went down the hallway to talk. "Channie, you know that Baekhyun likes me, right?"

"Of course I do! I mean... what?! Are you believing Minhee now?" Hee Jin shook her head and fumbled with her bracelet. "He accidently confessed to me." 

"Accidently?! What kind of a confession is an accident? Aish, Baekhyun." Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair annoyingly. Hee Jin nodded, "But I just wanted to know. If I liked Baekhyun back, what would happen? And would you accept us?"

"You guys would date of course. You would have to talk to the SM staff and officials. But of course! Why wouldn't we?! Our members have been trying to get you two together this whole time!" A smile spread a across Hee Jin's face. "Really?!" Chanyeol nodded. Hee Jin gave Chanyeol an excited hug.

"Thanks! I'll be right back, okay?" Hee Jin went right out the door as Chanyeol came back into the room. "Something up?" Chen asked. Chanyeol shook his head, "You'll find out later." He saw Minhee pull away from Lay's ear and he froze. What was she talking about?


10 Minutes Earlier

Chanyeol and Hee Jin went out into the left hallway to talk about something Lay didn't know what. Lay sighed and sat next to Minhee, who was drinking out of the bottle again. "Yah! Minhee! Stop drinking!" But she turned to him with a cute pout. "Awwh! Oppa! Just a few more!" Lay sighed, he wasn't giving in this time. He grabbed the bottle from her and put it in the table in front of them. "Oppa!" 

"No, you can't have anymore! Stop and Oppa with give you candy tomorrow okay?" Minhee's eyes lit up at the word 'candy'. She nodded excitedly and lay back on the sofa. "But Oppa!"

"Hmm?"

"Can I tell you something?!"

"Sure." She made a gesture for him to come closer to her. Lay did and put his ear close to . Minhee cupped , smelling like soju. "Chanyeol confessed to me really. He took me out fishing and he told me there. It was really sweet. I'm even his girlfriend now!" Minhee giggled, "Can you keep this secret for me?!" 


Lay silently nodded, shocked at the news. Was she really telling the truth? Hee Jin went outside, closing the door shut. Chanyeol came in and said a few things to Chen. "Yah, Lay, what did she tell you?" Lay looked up at the tall one and smirked. 

"I can't tell you, Minhee told me to keep it a secret!" Minhee giggled and gave him a thumbs up. Chanyeol sighed and told Lay to get off the seat. He sat next to her and tucked a hair behind her ear. "Minhee, what did you tell Lay, huh?" She giggled even more. 

"Oppa, can we please tell the members?! I can't wait any longer!"

"But we promised--" Minhee giggled pointing at Lay. "But I already told Lay Oppa!"

"You...what!?" Chanyeol said, baffled and confused. He looked at Lay and Lay smirked. Chanyeol facepalmed.

"Aish, why do you always have to get drunk!?" Chanyeol whispered. Minhee looked up at him and smiled, drunkedly. "Hehee, Oppa! I love you!" She made a heart with her arms and then laid her head on the table before knocking out. Then Lay scooted over.

"So...did she finally finish for the night?" Lay asked. Chanyeol nodded, "Yeah, I think so." Just as Lay was about to turn away he asked, "So, is what she said true? Y'know, the confessing."

Chanyeol stared and could feel himself heat up, "Haha, what? Nah, Minhee always says nonsense things when she's drunk." Lay quizzically looked at me before nodding and turning back to join the conversation he had been in earlier with Xiumin and Tao.

"Hey guys! I'll take Minhee home first then." Chanyeol said, to everyone. Suho looked up, concerned. "Are you sure? Do you want me to call a cab for you?"

"No, it's fine, hyung. Stay here." Chanyeol then picked up Minhee and placed her on his back. Right when he was going to step out, it thundered.

"Uhh, hyung. On second thought, maybe you should call that cab for us..." Chanyeol said, turning back around. "Arasso. I will. Wait! What about Luhan, Soomi, Baekhyun, Eunkwang, and Hee Jin!? They're still out there!"

Everyone looked up and became alert when he said this. "Omo! You're right! We can't leave Luhan out there with all of that stuff!" Xiumin said, standing up quickly.

"Suho, do you have any umbrellas or something?" Xiumin said, hurriedly. Just as he said, that, he found a stack of rain coats and umbrellas in the storage room.

"Nevermind. Got them." Then he passed them out to each member. "Okay, let's hurry and get out there and help Luhan put all the stuff away and cleaned up."


Just as Luhan and Soomi finished dinner, they heard the thunder.

"Umm, Oppa?" Soomi said to him. Luhan looked up from picking up the dishes and saw how dark the sky was now. "There wasn't rain on the forecast for today..."

Soomi laughed, "The forecast isn't always right. You should know that by now. Let's quickly get this stuff packed so that they aren't drenched." Luhan nodded and helped her fold the table cloth.

"You can go unplug the lights and everything while I work here." Soomi said. Luhan came and kissed her cheek, "Arasso.  Are you sure you'll be alright here?"

Soomi blushed and nodded, "Yeah, I will. Now hurry!" She shooed him off and started putting all the stuff away when she heard her name being called. She looked up to see EXO running towards her.

"Soomi!" Kris called out to her. Soomi smiled and waved. "Kris! Come quick!"

Once they were all gathered, they were given directions by the leaders and were off. After about 15 more minutes, the sky thundered and it finally started to rain.

"Noona! Take this umbrella and find Luhan! We only had one left! Kyungsoo just left with the other two to find Hee Jin, Baekhyun, and Eunkwang." Kai yelled over all the rain. Soomi nodded after wiping some of the rain from her eyes.

"Okay! Thanks Kai!" she took the umbrella and ran in the direction Luhan had left earlier. She was running for about 5 minutes when she heard her name being called from her right. She turned and squinted to see 6 guys coming towards her. She ran towards them and found out that they were all EXO-M.

"Soomi!" Luhan jogged forward and gave her a tight hug. "What are you doing here? I thought you were with the rest of the members.

"Well, I didn't want you to be drenched...so I came here with the umbrella!" Soomi smiled and lifted the umbrella higher. Luhan  looked at the umbrella and laughed.

"You didn't have to come here just for an umbrella," Luhan chuckled. Soomi gave him a sweet smile. 'Gosh, if I were to die now, I would die happy...' Luhan thought. Then he took the umbrella from her.

"Soomi-yah. I'll hold it. You're arm will get tired... plus, I'm taller." Luhan said to her. Soomi scoffed and gently pushed him, "Yah! I'm not that short!" Luhan laughed at how childish she was acting, "Arasso, arasso. You're not that short, but you still are." 

Soomi glared at him playfully and was about to walk ahead, when Luhan grabbed her arm. "Yah, where do you think you're going?"

"Somewhere far from you so that I don't feel so short." Soomi said back to him. "Hey! At least I'm not as tall as Kris!"

"Hey! I heard that! We're still here, y'know." Kris called out to them from behind. The couple stopped and turned around, finally noticing the members hauling the lights.

"Hyung! Help me with this!" Chen quickly ran forward and dropped one of the two boxes he was holding from earlier. Luhan and Soomi stood there watching as the members slowly passed each of them.

"Geez, hyung. You're so cheesy." Tao said as he was the last one to leave them. Soomi chuckled and held the umbrella again, as they slowly started to follow the members.

"...am I too cheesy?" Luhan asked, blankly. Soomi laughed and tiptoed up to give him a peck on the cheek, then she hugged him. "Aniyo, you're perfect!"


"Baekhyun! Baekhyun Oppa!" Hee Jin called. She was running, looking for Baekhyun through the rain. She had gotten a text earlier before she left the store from Eunkwang saying that he had left because one of the members had needed him back at the dorm. Now, all she needed to find was Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun!" she called again. She was looking back and forth through the rain that was pelting down at her. Hee Jin was now all drenched. She was starting to lose hope, when she saw the silhouette of a person ahead of her.

"Baekhyun?" she said to herself. She ran forward nonetheless with her last spurt of energy. "Oppa!" she called. The silhouette of the person stopped. So did she. Then she noticed that this person was wearing what Baekhyun was wearing earlier.

Just as the person was about to turn around, Hee Jin ran forward and back-hugged him.

"Oppa..."

"Hee Jin?" It was Baekhyun. He slowly turned around, taking her arms off of him. "Hee Jin-ah, what are you doing?" She waited until he fully turned around, when she suddenly tiptoed up and kissed him. It took Baekhyun a while to realize what was happening. When he did, he slowly s his arms around her waist and pulled her closer and kissed her back; smiling into the kiss.

After a couple of minutes, they broke apart.

Hee Jin looked up at him, smiling. "Oppa! Where have you been this whole time?" She stared at him as he stood there, motionless. Hee Jin chuckled seeing how surprised he was. Then she started to poke his cheek.

"Oppa....oppa..." she called. Then he finally broke into a huge smile. Baekhyun's lips met hers again. He finally let go before realizing what he had just did, "Hee Jin, I'm sorry!" She shook her head and grinned.

"No, it's okay Oppa!" He looked at her, confused at why she was acting like this. "But... Hee Jin, why?"

"What do you think you pabo?!" Baekhyun grinned too and they both hugged, not caring as the rain above drenched their clothes and hair. Hee Jin let go and laughed, staring up at the rain above. Even though it was dark, the city lights of Seoul from across the river glowed, making the scene beautiful. Baekhyun held her waist closer to him again and pulled her in for a deeper kiss. 

Suddenly, a voice boomed over them. D.O.'s eyes widened at the scene but he chuckled. "Yah! What are you crazy people doing?!" Baekhyun and Hee Jin let go of each other. Kyungsoo laughed at the couple and handed them an umbrella. "You're going to get sick in the rain like that. Don't worry, I'm telling everyone what you just did!" 

"Oppa!" Hee Jin lightly hit his arm. "Fine, fine. But let's go, the others are waiting for you." Baekhyun opened the umbrella and put it over the two of them. He made a hole with his arm, "Shall we go then?" She linked her arm with his and laughed. 


A/N OMONA. Hee Jin KISSED Baekhyun and then he kissed her AGAIN!! LIKE OMG. I CAN NOT BELIEVE WE JUST WROTE THAT. Gosh, we both were dying from the fluffiness. It's okay to kill us...xD JUST KIDDINGS. On another note, Chanyoua and I have been thinking about adding another couple...is it okay with you guys? Because she made a poll before asking the same thing and D.O won, so we're contemplating whether or not to add him in. But if you don't careeee! That's fine. We still love you!&& If you decide to be a silent reader, that's fine too. We love you. THANKS FOR READING, SUBSCRIBING, & COMMENTING!

- Panda_LURVS_KPOP