Chapter 22

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

TIME SKIP

It was already the last day in Jeju, they would be leaving tomorrow morning for Seoul. They all decided to spend this time together in front of the bonfire. 

"Imo! Can I have some more marshmallows?," Tao asked Aunt Min. She smiled and happily passed him the bowl. Tao nodded his head in a motion of thanks. Everyone was pretty relaxed and enjoying this quiet time together. 

"I can't believe it's already the end of the week..." D.O said out loud. Everyone nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah, sadly, EXO-M has to go back to China right after we get back to Seoul too." Lay pointed out. All of EXO were kind of bummed out at the thought of going to work again. Just as everyone was starting to feel down, Chanyeol emerged out of the house with two guitars. 

"Guys! Guess what I found!?" He said excitedly. He started to run towards everyone, and they all looked up. 

"Hyung, we can all see it's a guitar so, there's no need to guess..." Kai said. Chanyeol glared at him but sat down and smiled again. He handed one of the guitars to Lay. Just then, Soomi perked her head up, "Lay! Can you play Airport Tears!? I really like it and want to hear it live! Well, that is, if you're willing to play it..." She trailed off. 

Lay looked at her surprised at first, but then smiled showing his dimple, "Of course I'll play it! If it's for you, I'll play any song." He winked at her playfully as she blushed. Luhan, glared and his marshmallow into the flames. 

Sehun looked at him, "Hyung, gwenchana?," he whispered. Luhan didn't answer and was murmuring things under his breath. 

Kris nudged Luhan and raised his eyebrows. Luhan just shook his head and roasted another marshmellow.

Lay began to sing and play, swaying to the music. Chanyeol joined in the chorus, his Chinese still not as fluent, and everyone stared at the campfire, having their own little thoughts. 
Minhee was being awkward the whole day with Chanyeol. Leaning on Soomi's head, she stole a few glances at Chanyeol once in a while. She remembered bits and pieces of what had happened the previous night, and it kept running through her mind. "...because I like you. You, Park Chanyeol..." She wanted to hit herself for saying that to him... she didn't want to tell him that way, when she was drunk

Soomi on the other hand, was thinking back to this morning, when she encountered Luhan's face close to hers. Her face turned red just thinking about how close they were, and his cuteness.

Hee Jin, Baekhyun. Hee Jin, Baekhyun. Byun Hee Jin. Sounded nice, did it? YAH, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING HEE JIN. You don't like him! There was a long pause in her brain. Or maybe... you do? He was handsome, beautiful singer, nice hair, ummm... body. But there was also Eunkwang...
Many thoughts ran through her head, and she tried to tidy them up.

As they finished the last note, everyone clapped. "What should we sing next?" Chanyeol said.

"Oooh!" Baekhyun raised his hand. "I'll sing and you play! D.O, you too! Just the way you are! I've been improving my English skills Minhee and Soomi!"
Soomi chuckled, "Let's see if we understand it." He smiled. "I won't disapoint you! 1, 2, 3, 4!" 

They started to play, and Hee Jin blushed as Baekhyun stared at her most of the song without anyone noticing. 

"Waaah!! You did so well, oppa!" Minhee said while clapping. Baekhyun and D.O stood and took a bow, jokingly.

"Thank you, thank you!" Baekhyun said with a slight accent. Minhee laughed and slapped his shoulder as he sat down.

"Your English did imporve!," Minhee pointed out. She gave him a thumbs-up after she had popped a marshmallow into . "Anyone else want to try?," Baekhyun asked, looking around the circle. Slowly, but surely, Soomi started to raise her hand.
"I-I can play..." she said. All eyes turned to her.

"You can play guitar...?" Chanyeol asked her. She nodded shyly, "Neh, I learned it from a friend of mine..."

"Well, what are you going to play?" Chen asked her. She took the guitar and smiled, "You'll find out soon enough!" She then glanced at Luhan, but looked away quickly. Soomi then glanced at Hee Jinwhile taking a huge breath in, "Hee Jin, do you want to help me?"

Hee Jin jerked her eyes up towards her and stared, wide eyed. "N-Neh!? How!?"

"It's that one song we performed together!," Soomi said to her. Hee Jin then blushed and looked down at the sand. "Sing! Sing! Sing!" Minhee urged.

"I never knew you two performed together!" she said. Finally, after a lot of urging, Hee Jin agreed. Then Soomi played the notes on the guitar.

"Oh, it sounds familiar..." Chen said. Everyone stared intently. Finally, Hee Jin started to sing.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcF4hJuD6gk)

"OH MY GOODNESS! THAT WAS AMAZING UNNIS!" Minhee smiled brightly and high-fived Sehun next to her. Baekhyun smiled towards Hee Jin as he clapped, "It's really nice."

They all clapped and cheered by the campfire before Aunt Min interrupted them. "Come in and sleep! It's almost midnight! By the way Hee Jin and Soomi, that was lovely."

They both blushed. Soomi handed the guitar over to Chanyeol and they all made their way in, Suho and Kris working on killing the fire.


Hee Jin couldn't sleep one bit. Minhee was sprawled over the sheets and taking most of the blanket they shared, and thoughts were running all over her head. She decided to relax and go through her thoughts at the beach. 

Baekhyun felt a presence move through the dark in the hallway and was about to make his way out also, with Chanyeol by him taking up most of the space with his long arms and legs. A lady-like figure moved down the steps and made its way towards the door to the beach, but Baekhyun decided to stay under the warm covers for a moment. 

Hee Jin's POV 

I layed down on the sand and looked at the moonlight and the bright shining stars. The waves could be heard over the darkness and I smiled at the silence that I could have for myself. 

It reminded me of that night with Eunkwang after Prom, where we snuck out and went to the nearest beach, the stars twinkling just like tongiht.
'"Don't you like it?" Eunkwang suddenly said.
"Like what?"
"Prom. My prom was really bad."
"It's okay."
He scooted over closer to me and grabbed my hand. Surprised, I took off his hold. We were only just friends, not dating or having that kind of relationship.

"What are you doing?"
"I like you, Hee Jin-ah."
"Uhh... yeh? Oh, haha, I like you too!" He was being so serious all of a sudden. "Yah, did you drink?"
"I didn't drink, and I don't just like you. I love you. You're perfect, and the best person I have ever met."
We sat there in the dark silence, the only sound was the waves.

"I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way..." I could hear Eunkwang smirk and he grabbed me by the hand, forcing me to stand up. 

"Let's go for the last dance, don't want to miss it!"

After that, we were awkward everytime I visited him at the university on the weekends, but we became closer as just friends again. I began to realize all the good qualities of him, how he was always by my side, how he took good care of me, and he even convinced me  to the same university as him for my 'safety'. I began to think that maybe dating him wouldn't be so bad. 

But then comes Baekhyun, and what am I supposed to do now? An idol who is perfect comes to you and fits all the standards, comforts you, plays around with you. Who do you like, Hee Jin? And the way he looks at me, it's just perfect. Like God had sent to me a perfect match. But what about Eunkwang?

BOO!

"AAHHH!" I jumped up in surprise and stood up, bumping into someone. I punched the figure in the chest for protection.
"Hey, hey, it's just me." Baekhyun's face lit up in the moonlight.
"YAHH, OPPA! THAT'S NOT FUNNY!"
"Shh, you don't want to wake the others." Baekhyun put a finger to his lips and smiled.

We both sat in the sand. "So, what are you doing out here?" Baekhyun said.
"Can't sleep, Minhee's taking up most of the blankets. You?"
"Same here, Chanyeol's arms and legs are too long." We both laughed. 
"Those too are so alike." 

Baekhyun nodded, "So, where are you going after Jeju?"
"I'm going to Seoul University to continue my education."
"Ahh, what are you majoring in?"
"Art. Stuff like painting, sculpting-" 
"I'd be the perfect model!" Baekhyun did a girly pose which made me giggle.
"Come in some time!"
"I can try! Hehe~" Silence came back.

He cleared his throat. "Uhh... Hee Jin?"
"Yeh, oppa?"
"Who was that guy at the cafe?"
"Uhh... Eunkwang, you know, from BTOB?"
"OOOH! Haha, are you close with him?"
"You could say that..."
"Oh. I better get to sleep, big schedule tomorrow again."
"Okay. Let's go in together."

They both settled in their beds and drifted off the sleep...


A/N

T-T We're really sorry guys! BIG HUGE WRITERS BLOCK FOR BOTH OF US! And school has been getting in the way also. We may not be able to update in a while because of finals, but in the summer we are totally free! Thanks for waiting and reading!

We have big plans for the couples! Well... kind of, hehe. 

BUTTT, we MIGHT (big might) add a new couple!