Chapter 33

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

One week later...

Hee Jin sighed as she sat in her coffee shop. Both Soomi and Minhee were at school and EXO weren't back from L.A. yet. She stared at the screen of her cell phone and sighed heavily again. 

"What's up with all of the sighing?" 

Hee Jin lazily raised her head to the direction of the voice. 

"Oh, Eunkwang Oppa. What brings you here?" She said as she straightened herself. 

"Well, my classes just ended for now. I'm on a little break before I have to go practice." 

"Ah, that's great." 

"How about you? What are you doing?" Eunkwang asked as he seated himself across from her.

"Just hanging here and watching the shop with my dad. It's pretty boring since I don't really have anything to do or anyone to talk to." Hee Jin sighed heavily again, "The sad life of Lee Hee Jin."

She lowered her head onto the table and lay there, pouting. 

Eunkwang chuckled at how she was reacting. He patted her head lightly and she turned her head to look at him. 

"Oppa, you want to know what I just noticed? I don't have that many friends..." 

"Hey! You have us! BTOB!" Eunkwang said, proudly. "I know...but still...I don't have many girl friends..." Hee Jin said, sulking. 

"Tch, yah! You don't need girl friends! You have us! We can act pretty girly too. Haven't you seen Sungjae!?" Eunkwang exclaimed. 

Hee Jin laughed, "That's right! And Ilhoon!" Eunkwang smiled seeing how he had made Hee Jin smile once again. 

"Exactly! Speaking of BTOB, why don't you come to the practice? I'm sure they'll do better with you there," Eunkwang suggested. 

Hee Jin thought for a moment. Soomi and Minhee probably won't be back for a couple more hours and they'd probably be tired...her dad's shop was now past rush hour as well...

"Arasso! I'll come. Let me go get my stuff!" Hee Jin popped out of her seat and walked behind the counter to the employees only room. Her father was sitting in there chatting with some workers . 

"Oh, Hee Jin! Are you going somewhere?" He said as she came in. 

"Neh! I'm going to Eunkwang's practice with s," Hee Jin answered. 

"Eunkwang? Oh, okay! Make sure to come home by 7!" He called out to her.

"Yeh, appa!" She answered as she closed the door again. 

"Okay, let's go, oppa!" Hee Jin said as she walked out. Eunkwang walked with her to the CUBE building. 


"Hyung! Are we there yet?" Sehun asked for the umpteenth time.

"Sehun. We're still on the plane." Suho answered. Sehun pouted, "But hyung. We've been on here for so long!" 

"That's because the plane needed to be fixed for a bit, Sehun-ah." Suho answered again. 

"Oh...but still! How much longer?" Sehun asked again. Suho sighed, "Sehun-ah. It's going to be a while, so go to sleep, arasso? Hyung is tired." 

"But hyu-" 

"Shhhh!" Sehun turned to see Kai glaring with only one earbud in. 

"Sehun! You're so loud. I can hear you over my music!" Kai whispered harshly. 

"Mianhe..." Sehun sighed. Luhan turned around from looking out the window, "Sehun-ah, what's wrong?" 

"...I miss my noonas." Luhan smiled warmly and messed up his hair, "Aigoo, don't worry. We all do! We'll be back soon, so get some rest, okay?" 

Sehun reluctantly obeyed and leaned slightly back and closed his eyes.

Luhan smiled in content and turned to look out the window at the wonderful view of the sky. He took out his cell phone and took a picture quick. 

As he was looking through his gallery, trying to find the picture he just took, he passed a picture of Soomi. 

She was sitting with her head in her hand, slightly tilted to the side. She was also smiling very sweetly at the camera. Luhan smiled to himself, seeing her face. 

"I really do miss you..." he thought to himself. 


"Goodbye Ms. Moon! Goodbye Mrs. Min!" 

"Annyeong, children!" Minhee said. She watched some of them run off to their mothers waiting outside and as some of them started to walk. 

She smiled with content as each of them left, until all who was left was the actual teacher and Minhee.

"Thank you. Thank you for helping out right after your classes!" Minhee bowed to the teacher and nodded.

"It's no problem! I love watching the kids around here. I'll see the kids off, so if you need any more help call me inside." The teacher smiled and nodded, going back to sit at her small desk. Minhee left the room with the kids and stood at the front doors.

"Bye! Have a nice day, Soojung-ah! Button up your coats! Bye, Jimin!" Minhee waved to each kid as they took their mother's hand and walked away. Just as the last kid left, Minhee turned around.

Minhyuk was sitting on one of the benches, looking at his shoes as they went back and forth. He sighed and looked up. "Oh, Teacher Minhee!" She smiled and sat by him.

"Is your mom not here yet?" He shook his head sadly. "No, she has work so I have to wait for 30 minutes before she gets here."

Minhee ruffled his hair. "It's okay, you can play with me. Here..." She took out a yellow piece of candy from her left pocket and held it out, "I was going to give it to someone, but instead, I'll give it to you."

"Really? Thank you!" Minhyuk grabbed the hard candy and popped it into his mouth, smiling widely. Suddenly, a phone buzzed in her pocket. Minhee checked it to see that it was Chanyeol. She smiled widely, she hadn't talk to him for the past week and missed him.

"Minhyuk-ah, Noona has to get this, okay?" Minhyuk on the candy and sweetly nodded. "Hello? Chanyeol-ah?"

"Ah, Minhee! Oppa is bored. We've been stuck in the plane for an hour now because it's being fixed. I miss you!" Chanyeol said in a whiny voice. Sehun soon joined in.

"I miss you too Noona! And Hee Jin! And Soomi!" She could hear Chanyeol push Sehun's head to the side and Suho telling him to be quiet. Minhee giggled. "I miss you too."

"I miss you more." Chanyeol smirked on the other line. Baekhyun, who was sitting beside him, nudged him, "Yah, are you guys dating or something?" 

Chanyeol covered the phone with his fingertips and laughed loudly, slapping his Hyung on the shoulder. "Are you kidding me? Are you dating Minhee too if you miss her? I mean, I love her as a sister. Don't take it the wrong way. Why does everyone think that? I don't like her that way, geesh." Baekhyun stared while Chanyeol exaggerated his statement.

"Fine, whatever. Tell her to tell Hee Jin that I'm sending my girlfriend some chocolates."
"Ay, stop being such a good boyfriend. It doesn't suit you." Baekhyun brought out a hand to slap Chanyeol but Suho grabbed his hand. "Yah! Are you guys five year olds?"

"He was going to hit me!" Suho sighed and sat back down, shaking his head at the two. Baekhyun brought his hand back down and sneered at the big-eared, going back to looking at his magazine. 
"Oppa, are you still there?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah! Sorry. Baekhyun wants you to tell Hee Jin that he's sending her some chocolates," He brought a hand over the phone and whispered, "But I bought you something better."

"Okay, I'm sure Hee Jin will love it! What?! Oppa! I told you not to get me anything! Things in America are expensive." Minhee frowned.
"Ah well, I got it, okay? It's fine, Minhee. I can't let the other boys beat me in giving their girlfriend gifts. Luhan got her a little stuffed animal and called it 'meaningful'. I don't know how a stuffed animal can be meaningful."
"Yah. But it comes from the heart, okay? Don't be so overly fancy." 
"It's not overly fancy but it's really pretty just like you."
"Stop being cheesy, I'm getting goosebumps." 
Chanyeol laughed. A lady on the other line interrupted him. "Minhee, I have to go. Oppa will call you okay? Tell the others I miss them too."

"Okay! Call me when you get here!"
"Bye!"

The line ended just as Minhyuk's mom came up to the building. Minhee greeted her and let Minhyuk go. She crouched down to his height. "Be good to your mom and dad, okay?" Minhyuk nodded cutely before quickly pecking her on the cheek. Minhee looked up at him in surprise before chuckling and ruffling his hair as he ran off. "Bye!"


Baekhyun woke up just in time to realize that they were landing soon. He looked around and smirked at the sleeping members as they drooled on their blankets. Chanyeol, who was right beside him, muttered small comments about Minhee that made no sense. "Don't do that, Minhee. Stop."

The shorter boy shook Chanyeol's arm. "Yah, wake up."
Chanyeol half-opened his eyes and sat up before plopping back down into his comfortable seat. Baekhyun silently laughed to himself before shaking him again. "Wake up! Minhee is here! Minhee is here!"

"Where, where?" he said, shooting back up. Chanyeol looked around him quickly and finally set them back on Baekhyun. He glared and his cheeks started to flare up. 

"Yah! What was that?!"

"What are you talking about?! I didn't do anything! We're almost landing..." Baekhyun chuckled again.