Chapter 34

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

The fans screamed loudly as the twelve handsome men made their way through the crowd. Suho bowed to the fans nearest to him and tried to catch up with the other members while holding his cellphone to his ear with his hand. They finally made their way inside of the car and were informed of their schedule. They were going to promote a Christmas-like album for the fans.

"Hyungnim, do we have time for rest...?" Tao asked their manager.

Their manager crossed his arms, "Tao, I know you're tired, but there isn't much I can do. At least you won't be promoting right away. The people promoting first is D.O, Baekhyun, Chen, Luhan, and Lay."

Baekhyun looked up at his name, "Neh!?" Their manager ushered the men to sleep, without answering.

"Get to sleep, men! We have a day full of practice tomorrow!" Their manager said. Some of the EXO members were happy to head to bed.

As Baekhyun closed the door to his room, he took out his cellphone. He dialed Hee Jin's number and waited for an answer.

She answered after it rang two times, "Yoboseyo?"

"Hee Jin! Where are you?" He said, smiling. "Who is this?"

Baekhyun's smile dropped. The voice was a man's and there was loud music in the background.

"Uh...I'm looking for Hee Jin..." Baekhyun said, unsurely. He was worried for Hee Jin and curious as to what she was doing.

"Noona? Oh, okay," the person then called to his 'noona'.

"Yoboseyo?" Hee Jin answered. She walked out into the hallway to hear better.

"Hello? Hee Jin, is that you?" Hee Jin's mouth dropped, "Baekhyun!?"

Baekhyun could be heard, sighing in relief. "Hee Jin, are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah, yeah, of course! Why wouldn't I be?" Hee Jin asked. She heard Baekhyun sigh, "Nothing. Who was that earlier?" he asked her. "Earlier? Oh, that was Sungjae! But enough about me, how was America? Was it fun?"

Baekhyun chuckled, "Yeah, it was a lot of fun! Wish you came...would've been a nice place to hang out and go on dates..."

Hee Jin blushed, "O-Oh, chinjja? Wah, wish I could've came!" She contnued to listen to Baekhyun tell funny stories of their adventures out of the country when the door to BTOB's practice room opened.

"Psst! Noona! Are you going to come back in?" Ilhoon asked, whispering. Hee Jin nodded and raised a finger to signal that she would be there soon. Ilhoon nodded, "Arasso! Hurry up..." then he went back inside.

"Oppa, I have to go...I'll call you when I get home, okay?" Hee Jin asked. "Arasso...promise you'll call me later? If you don't then I'll come to your house and if you're not there, I'm going to call the cops!"

Hee Jin laughed at Baekhyun's threat, "Arasso, oppa! I promise! Love you!"

"Love you too! Bye!" Hee Jin heard him make a kissing noise before he ended the call. She chuckled as she looked at his contact photo. She kissed the screen before opening the door to the practice room.

"Noona! Come join us! We were going to do a little noraebang!" Sungjae said, running up to her and dragging her over. Before she could protest, a microphone was shoved in front of her face.

"W-What!? Since when did I agree to this!?" Hee Jin asked, trying to give the microphone back to Hyunsik. Hyunsik shook his head and held up his own microphone, giving her an eye smile, "Sorry! I already got one!"

Hee Jin looked around before spotting Eunkwang on the ground, on his cellphone. "Oppa! Take it!" She yelled as she ran towards him. Just as he looked up though, the music had started. "You have to sing now, Hee Jin!" Changsub said, crossing her path.

Hee Jin scowled at him, "Yah! I don't want to!" She punched him in the arm but all he did was laugh. "Oh, come on! You should know this song really well!" Hee Jin furrowed her eyebrows and when she did so, the intro to 'Wolf' had come on. Some of the members got into the tree formation and parodied the formation and danced. They, of course, made it way more comical.

When Baekhyun's part came on, Hee Jin smiled and immediately raised the mic to and sang his parts. After that, on came 'Growl'. "Hee Jin~! You should know the whole song!" Changsub sang, teasing her.

She elbowed him before only singing her boyfriend's parts. Eunkwang looked on at all the members were having and would occasionally laugh along, but he could feel jealousy stir within him. He was jealous, because he had met Hee Jin first. He was there all the times when she was hurt or happy and yet he was swept to the side.

But Eunkwang felt happiness as well. He was happy that he was able to go through so much with her and to see her smiling and proud now, made him feel the same way. He smiled softly to himself as the song came to an end. He watched Hee Jin collapse down to the ground laughing with Minhyuk and Changsub.

He wished he could have something like that. Or at least be able to see a smile like that more often.

Eunkwang checked his watch and noticed it was already 7:38. He remembered Hee Jin mentioning to him as they were getting here earlier that she needed to be home by 7.

"Hee Jin-ah! I think it's time to go!" he yelled over the loud music. Hee Jin looked up in his direction but couldn't hear what he had said. He walked over to the speakers and turned them off.

"Guys, say your goodbyes, it's time for Hee Jin to get home." There were a lot of protests going around as the guys reluctantly came forward and embraced her in goodbye.

"Does noona really have to go now?" Sungjae asked, pouting. Even though he was towering over some of us, he was still the maknae. Eunkwang nodded, "Yes, she was actually supposed to be gone 30 some minutes ago."

When he said this, Hee Jin looked at her watch and gasped, "I really do have to go! Mian! I'll hang out with you guys next time!" They all group hugged one last time before Eunkwang escorted her out.

He walked her out of the building and to the nearest bus stop, since Hee Jin insisted. "Are you sure you don't want me to take you the whole way home?"

Hee Jin shook her head, "No, it's fine. I'll be fine. I don't want to cause you anymore trouble since you do so much for me."

Eunkwang shook his head, "Nah, nothing is trouble if it involves you. I'll always be here when needed." Hee Jin gave him a soft smile and a hug as the bus pulled up.

"Thanks, oppa. I'll see you soon! BTOB hwaiting!" she raised her fist and cheered before entering the bus. She sat next to the window and waved at him like a little kid until she saw him no more.

Hee Jin put her head against the window and sighed in content. It had been a long time since she last hung out with all seven members. She took out her earbuds and put them in, listening to acoustic as the bus went its route to her place.

But in doing so, she forgot all about promise she had made with Baekhyun.

 

 


 

A/N

YOBOSEYO! Okay, sorry for not updating! I had finals this week, so it's been pretty hectic...

It was a pretty short chapter, but I hope y'all enjoyed it! I just didn't want you all to be waiting. Anyways, not much EXO, Soomi, and Minhee, so I hope y'all don't mind! And if you guys did not notice, chanyoua is no longer an author, so bear with me on all my spelling/grammar mistakes! And yeah, maybe this might go on hiatus, idk.

Let's hope it doesn't and hope that this Author-nim has some good plot bunnies she can execute!