Chapter 27

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

The manager softly shook Luhan, telling him to wake up. "Yah, Luhan." He whispered, not wanting to wake the others up. Luhan groggily sat up and squinted at the light in the room. He lightly smacked the manager's arms. The manager pointed to the big stack of fan mail. "Those are all for you!" Luhan, now annoyed, rolled his eyes at him and wanted to go back to sleep. They still had a good two hours until their schedule. He looked at Sehun, who was sleeping like a baby.

"You woke me up for fan mail? The others have lots of them too!" He liked reading all of the fans thoughts and ideas. What they had to say to him, but not at five in the morning!  The manager just shrugged. Luhan sighed and ruffled his hair, pointing to another pile in his room. "Just put it with the others, hyung. I can read them when I'm awake." Luhan immediately pulled the covers over his face and tried to go back to sleep, before he remembered a letter that had caught his eye. He immediately sat up and pointed to his hyung. "Wait!"

The manager turned around to him. "Stop right there. I can read one..." He nervously laughed before clearing his throat and he looked at the bottom of the pile for the letter. And then, he saw it, the letter in a golden envelope with a red ribbon tied around the corner. Luhan grabbed for it, but made sure the others on top didn't fall. "Okay, thanks." He dove back to the warm covers and put them over his head again. But this time, he had a flashlight with him. He read who it was from, Soomi. He instantly smiled. Luhan was careful with the envelope, not wanting to rip a single thing. He opened it to find five tickets tucked neatly inside. A piece of note was also inside of there.

Just in case Kris Oppa didn't tell you, I am having a concert this Friday. Please come if you are not busy. If more than five of you are available, I can ask for more tickets. Thank you, and I hope you come! 

Love, Soomi (:

He smiled and touched her handwriting, it was a soft kind of writing, and pretty too. He put the note back inside and grabbed a ticket of his own.  To him, it didn't matter if he had a schedule or not. He had to go to her concert.


Friday, August 2013 || 2:45PM || Seoul University Star Stage Room

"Just breathe, Soomi. Breathe." Hee Jin was helping Soomi with her nervousness. It wasn't her first time on stage, but it was the first time she had done such a long piece by herself. Even though her teacher had cut it short, it still would have seemed long. Minhee was busy doing Soomi's hair and choosing her outfit for the night. Hee Jin had already done her makeup perfectly. Soomi stared at herself at the mirror, breathing, butterflies in her stomach as Minhee curled the wand around hair. 

Minhee have her a thumbs up,"You'll do great unnie! And I heard Luhan was coming too!" Soomi turned the same color as her blush. Minhee and Hee Jin snickered together. "Yah!" Soomi was feeling even more nervous now at the thought of Luhan. What if she happened to mess up? What if she couldn't play the notes right? What if she magically forgot her notes on the G string that she had learned in the 5th grade? She sighed just as Eunkwang came in with a bouquet of spring flowers. "Ah, there's Soomi!" Minhee's mom followed in behind him wearing a long dress. It was a formal night, so the audience was required to wear formal things.  

The night also included a dinner! Minhee's mom patted Soomi's shoulder. "You still have two more hours honey! You'll do just fine! I talked to your mom and she wishes you the best of luck!" Soomi bowed. "Thank you auntie!"

Eunkwang cleared his throat loudly and Soomi turned. He bowed like she was a princess and handed her the flowers. "And these are for you, my lady." Soomi ruffled his hair and laughed. "Tch, stop messing around! Thank you, Eunkwang-ah. Where are the other members?" He rubbed his neck and turned the other way. "They can't make it... more like ditched me." He mumbled the last part under his breath. Hee Jin laughed and gave him an awkward hug while Minhee just bowed, still in the process of doing Soomi's hair.

Loud talking was heard in the hallway and Minhee's mom turned to go look. She found the other five boys loudly laughing and talking. Minhee's mom went towards them and scolded them, while the girls giggled to each other. "Sorry mom. I mean Minhee's mom, haha!" Chanyeol said and Minhee turned the other direction, trying  to look busy with the hair. Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Lay, and Chen all walked into room and said their own greetings towards the girls and Soomi. They also shook hands with Eunkwang, Baekhyun roughly grabbing his hand. It didn't seem to bother him though. Baekhyun brought over a bouquet of bright daisies over to Soomi who happily took it. "Thank you Baekhyun-ah!"

She had tried not to look disappointed when Luhan wasn't seen. She looked towards the door, hoping he would magically just come running in in his nice tux like the other boys. But, he didn't come and she forced a smile on her face. "Thank you for coming guys!" There was still two hours, maybe he would come then...


Two hours later

Only after two hours, Soomi's hair was curled, her makeup perfectly done, and she was wearing a gradient blue dress with small sparkles. Eunkwang, the EXO members, and Minhee's mom were already seated at a dining table in the huge auditorium. Minhee's mom instantly brought out a Canon camera. Chanyeol insisted on helping her, but she rejected and said she needed to learn. "Next, we have a young celloist from this university who is going to play a very nice piece..."

The host began to explain the history and what the piece meant. "Unnie, you'll do great! Just focus on the music and everything will be great!" Hee Jin and Minhee continued to give her more encouraging thoughts. Soomi gripped on tightly to her cello and wait for her name to be called. The whole two hours, there was no trace of Luhan. Maybe he wasn't coming to her concert after all. Maybe he really didn't like her. Soomi sighed and a knot tied in her stomach. "I can't do this!" She said, breathing hard. "Yes you can! Hee Jin and I are going to be just standing here. Just imagine that you are playing for us, like you do at home!" She nodded until she heard the hosts voice, loud a clear. "Give a round of applause for Kang Soomi!"

Everyone began to clap and the two girls both did 'hwaiting signs'. Soomi just nodded again before taking the courage to carry her cello and bow to the center of the stage, where a chair, stand, and music sheets were waiting for her. She bowed to the crowd before sitting down. But before she could even play a single note, she stared at the front door in front of her. Please let Luhan come. As if on cue, the door burst wide open with a breathing and slightly sweaty Luhan. He put his hands on his knees to rest, carrying a big bouquet of bright red roses. Soomi stared wide-eyed at him, not believing her eyes. Some big bulky men who were probably securing the concert led him to EXO's table. Everyone was watching him too. He sat down and then smiled up at her.

Soomi blushed and he stood up, screaming so everyone could hear. "Hwaiting, Soomi!" It was a formal dinner and it was rude of him to scream in the start of her performance, but she couldn't help but smile. The men told him to keep quiet and sit down. He sat down, but a big wide grin spread across his face. s looked at him like he was crazy. Minhee and Hee Jin's squeals could be heard in the background. Finally with Luhan here, she could start. She began to play the piece with a soft sound.


The piece ended beautifully, and everyone cheered out loud, especially the boys at the table, until Minhee's mom told them to quiet down. She bowed and walked to the side of the stage as the curtains closed. When Soomi reached her two best friends, she breathed a sigh of relief. "Unnie! That was so perfect and beautiful!" Hee Jin exclaimed and Minhee nodded in agreement. They had changed. Hee Jin was now wearing a light spring green gown while Minhee wore a red and white fairy short dress with diamond earrings. Soomi hugged them both. "You guys look beautiful! And I couldn't have done it with all of your encouragement." The members loudly complimented her on her performance after the concert had ended, and Eunkwang smiled with glee. Minhee's mom also complimented her before leaving, saying they should celebrate on their own.

Luhan poked Soomi's shoulder and she turned around, blushing. "Oh, hi Luhan." He handed her the roses and smiled. "Good job tonight, Soomi-ah." She bowed in thanks and then the members came over once again. Chanyeol put his arm around Minhee's shoulder in a friendly way and she froze. "Hey Luhan, how about we all celebrate together for Soomi!"

Minhee suddenly jabbed Chanyeol in the stomach with her elbow and gave him a look. "Oh, actually, I'm kind of tired right now. Luhan, you and Soomi can go celebrate if you want. Right, guys?" Hee Jin caught on and grabbed Baekhyun and Eunkwang by the hands. "Yeah, come on, we can go to the small lake beach by here, you know?" The boys were still confused before Minhee and Hee Jin pushed them to walk to the other way. Minhee turned around and winked at Soomi. "Hwaiting!"

Soomi just nodded and turned back to Luhan. "So?" Luhan cleared his throat and pretended to fix his tie, which was already fixed. He looked up at her and smiled. "Soomi, I was wondering if you could go somewhere with me?" Soomi turned pink and nodded. "That'd be great, Luhan..." He stuck his arm out into a position.

Soomi shyly linked her arms around his. He escorted her to a stylish red car waiting outside for them. Soomi let go and gasped, "Did you?..." He nodded and opened the passenger side for her, bowing. Soomi stepped into the car, the inside was even more beautiful. The seats were pure leather, and it smelt of sweet flowers. Luhan sat in the seat next to her and smiled. He started to car and they began to drive. Halfway there, Luhan gave her a blindfold to put on. She followed his orders before laughing, "Are you kidnapping me?" 

"Maybe." He said with a hint of playfulness in his voice. They continued to drive in silence for a few minutes before Luhan stopped the car. Soomi heard her car door being opened. She set the bouquet of flowers inside before taking Luhan's hand. "Where are we?" Luhan smirked and they walked a few steps. They were out of the parking lot, she could tell. They were now on a sidewalk, she could hear water rushing like a river. The Han River? Suddenly, Luhan let go of her hand and unblinded her. He grabbed her hand and she blushed at the contact. 

The view in front of her took her breath away. It was the Han River, the scenery was beautiful. The city lights on the other side illuminated the water and made it shine. They took a step towards the river, and with every step, the small trees around her lit up with white lights. They all lit up one by one until they stepped to the last one. Out of surprise, Soomi hugged him. "Oh, Luhan! Thank you!" Tears were b her eyes. No one had ever done this before for her. It was beautiful, extraordinary. A dream. He smiled and hugged back. "It's no problem. But wait." Luhan took her hand in his again and they took another step. The last tree, bigger than the others, lit up to show a white table with one seat that fitted two. It had pretty silverware and decorations filled the table. 

Soomi covered and gasped in surprise. It was beautiful. But why was he doing this, "Luhan, it's beautiful! And I can't thank you enough! But... why?" Luhan walked silently towards the table and sighed before grabbing something off of it. He turned around and smiled. He looked perfect in the dark tux, his tie was perfectly tied. His hair glowed in the night, and his smile made herself feel giddy inside. Luhan started walking towards her, closer and closer, until their faces almost touched. But then Luhan suddenly bent down, like a proposal. Soomi covered with both of her hands, feeling like a princess with her long dress.

"Soomi, will you be my girlfriend?"

Soomi stood there, shocked. What was she supposed to say? Yes? No? I don't know? It was so sudden. She liked him, yes. But did this mean he liked her too? Oh, wake up Soomi, he drove you in a gorgeous car, walked you through this beautiful romantic scene, and now he's kneeling I front of you with a pink rose in his hand. Does he not like you?! These thoughts ran through her mind over and over again. Luhan looked up at her, waiting for an answer. He didn't talk the entire time because of his nervousness, because of this one question. Did this silence mean she didn't like him? Was his preparation not enough?

"Yes! Yes!" She hugged him tight and smiled. Luhan pulled her hand to the dinner table waiting for them and he put her in her seat. He grabbed a bell from somewhere and handed it to her. "Since you're my princess, ring the bell and someone will come." Soomi wasn't used to Luhan calling her this, so she blushed wildly. She lightly hit him. "Yah, don't you think your moving too fast? You just asked me to be your girlfriend three minutes ago..." 

"Yes, but I've been calling you that in my mind for this whole night. Do you want to eat? Ring the bell." Soomi shook her head,"I'm just a bit cold, it's night time already." Luhan took the blazer of his tux off and put it around her bare shoulders. 

"Better?" She nodded and smiled. "Soomi, can I tell you something?" Soomi nodded and pulled the blazer over herself more, inhaling its scent. "You were beautiful tonight in your dress. And you played your cello really well, it was like an angel came down... The light and everything made you look like you were glowing. It was... amazing." 

"Thank you, Luhan. And you look pretty handsome yourself. What's with being late though?" She said jokingly. Luhan smiled,"I was busy getting this prepared and lost track of time." She leaned on his shoulder and blew big puffs of air. "Thank you again."

"Yah, I get it, I get it." He laughed. Suddenly, Soomi lifted her head from his shoulder. "But Oppa, I have a question to ask... Why do you like me?" Luhan scooted closer and their faces were close together again. He smiled, "Because..."

"Your eyes are beautiful." He stared into her eyes. "Your nose is perfect." Their noses touched together. "And your lips are mine." Soomi's eyes widened. They were going to kiss? They were really going to kiss? Soomi closed her eyes as their lips came closer and closer together until...

"Hyung! You were here! Yah, this is really beautiful. Ooh, where did you get these lights from? They're shiny! Wah, is that..." Suddenly Chanyeol stopped, staring at the scene, his face turning red. Minhee was behind him, trying to pull the tall person away with no luck. Soomi and Luhan turned away from each other awkwardly, their faces turning a bright red color. "Yah, now look what you have done, you ruined the mood Channie!" Minhee madly punched the side of his arm even though it didn't hurt and he rubbed the side of his neck. "Sorry hyung, I..."

"I am so so sorry Unnie! This guy right here decide to check out this part of the Han River when I told him specifically not to but he went by himself and I am so mad at him right now for ruining your night I'm sorry! Continue on with what ever you were doing! Yah! Chanyeol-ah let's go!" She roughly grabbed Chanyeol's hand with all of her strength out from the sidewalk. They walked away from the scene, both of them bickering like little children. 

Luhan smirked and turned towards Soomi again. "So, where were we?"


You guys can imagine what happens next! No dirty thoughts though. Anyway, today I, Chanyoua, decided to take the burden off of Panda_LURVS_KPOP shoulders by writing this whole chapter! Today is her birthday, August the 7th, so if you have time wish her a happy birthday in the comments or on her wall! Thanks!

This chapter was for the Soomi and Luhan lovers out there! Yes, maybe the confession was a little fast, but they like each other! Next chapter we'll get things going with Hee Jin. Drama will come soon. Don't forget to upvote, comment, or subscribe! (: