Chapter 5

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

EX

We said our farewells to the ahjumma and went our separate ways. "BYE HEE JIN!" Soomi and I said in unison, waving our arms off.

She waved. "You have to Skype me, arachi?" 

I nodded. "Of course!" Soomi nudged me.

"Let's go! Your mom is probably worried sick!" Nodding back at her, I waved to Hee Jin one more time.

"BYE!" Sometimes, our 'bye's never seemed to be short. Going into the car, I grabbed cell phone and began to text my mom. She'd kill me if I didn't notify her.

We opened to door quietly, hoping my mother didn't hear us.

"WHERE WERE YOU TWO?!" My mother asked, her arms crossed. I guess she didn't get the text.

"Uhh.. we were with Baekhyun..."Soomi said to my omma kindly. Suddenly, her face softened.

"Baekhyun?"

We both nodded. A smile came across her lips. "Baekhyun?! I heard he was in a 'famous' k-pop group now. Is that true?"

Seeing her smile, I smiled also. "Yes, now you don't need to worry."

"Arrasso, I'll let you go this time. Just because you were with Baekhyun. Now, make sure he comes and visits sometimes! He needs to eat a meal. I heard that idols need to diet. Aigoo, poor boy. I miss that little kid."

"Thank you auntie!" Soomi said, grabbing my hand and bringing me up the stairs along with her. I exhaled and sighed in relief.

Going into Soomi's room, we sat on her bed and Soomi grabbed her laptop. "We still need to Skype Hee Jin!"

I excitedly jumped up from my seat and over to her. "Yes!"

After a few types and clicks, Hee Jin's face popped up on the screen. "Hi!"

We waved back. "So, what did you think of the dinner?" Soomi asked.

Hee Jin looked down at something and tried to fix it, looking back up. "Umm.. it was good."

"Anything interesting happen we didn't know about?" I asked her with a smile.

"Well, that Baekhyun guy....."

"BAEKHYUN?!" Soomi and I said at the same time with a look of shock on our faces.

"Yeah..."

"Do you like him?" Soomi beamed.

"Aniyo!" Hee Jin waved her hands, protesting"

"Then what is it?" I asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"He was kind of cute though...." Soomi and I fangirled, squealing.

"Jinja?"

"But that's not the point, he's an idol after all.... He was acting kind of strange." Soomi covered , trying to hide her laugh.

I did the same because we both knew the reason. "What's wrong with you guys tonight?"

We both tried to calm ourselves. "Oh.. nothing." Soomi said, looking at me.

I nodded and whispered into her ear. "We'll tell her later."

I'm just going to spill it to you. Of course Baekhyun is Soomi and my best childhood friend. We both know him well enough to see that he acts very strange around the girl he likes. He did that with Sooyoung in 5th Grade, Taeyeon in middle school.

"WHAT?!" Hee Jin demanded an answer from us.

"Nothing!"

"Yeah, right. So what about you guys?" She changed the subject.

"Umm... nothing much." Soomi and I said with our faces red.

Great, now it was Hee Jin's turn. "Come on, tell me!"

"Maybe later, we want to call Baekhyun!" I said making an excuse quickly. Hee Jin never let you go at times like this.

"No, what?!" Suddenly I heard a vibrating in my pocket. I picked it up and looked at the Caller ID.

It was Baekhyun.

"Minhee, I think he wanted to call you instead." Soomi said. Scratching my head in confusion, I pressed the Answer button and pressed Speaker
.