Chapter 26

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

"We're here!" Chanyeol said enthusiastically, jumping out of the car and closing the door behind him. He quickly rushed over to Minhee's side brightly and opened the door, pulling her along. He made his way to the back of the car. Minhee looked ahead of her at the familiar sight of a lake, gleaming under the sun. A dock waiting, and trees swaying.

"Oppa, what are we doing here?" Minhee looked at him quizzically and raised an eyebrow while rubbing her tired eyes. Chanyeol grinned and pointed to the lake in front of her.
 
"We're fishing." He fished out two fishing rods along with other equipment from the back of the car and smiled at her, "I heard you liked to do it." Minhee nervously rubbed her arm and bit her lip. Did Baekhyun tell him that? It only brought her bad memories. But that was years ago, she could start new again, right?
 
Nodding she went alongside Chanyeol and helped him grab the equipment. She smiled and they both went to the small dock in front of them. The whole lake stretched out before them. Minhee missed the smell of the river and the quiet sounds compared to Seoul. They set the equipment down and Minhee immediately grabbed a rod. She grabbed the bin where the live worms were kept and took one out, splitting it in half and poking it onto the hook. Chanyeol looked at her, amazed.
 
"Wah, how do you do that? Most girls would usually scream." She turned to him and smirked, "I'm not like those girls. Come on oppa, lets start fishing, shall we?" Nodding, Chanyeol did the same and Minhee sat at the end of the dock. The worm plopped into the water and Minhee quietly waited.
 
It reminded her of too much. Chanyeol joined her, his legs so long they touched the water below. He also put it out and waited for a fish to come eat his bait. Minhee and Chanyeol sat so close together they're arms touched. "Why did you bring me here?"
 
Chanyeol shrugged, "What do you mean, we came here to fish!" He smirked and looked at her. She thought he looked handsome with his new haircut, where it didn't have to get into his face. She hung her head low. "What's the real reason?"
 
He sighed slowly reeled in his line. "Baekhyun said you liked to fish a long time ago, but you guys didn't have time anymore due to school and Baekhyun going off. Why? You don't like to fish now?"
 
"It's not that..." Chanyeol faced out towards the lake and smiled to himself. "Be happy oppa has no schedule today. We were promoting a lot for Wolf. And, I-- I kind of wanted to know you more." She smiled before staring out into the lake again. Why did it look so familiar?
 
"Oppa, what is this lake called?" He looked at her. "Birch Lake, why?"
 
A tear slowly crept down her cheek but she quickly wiped it, sniffling. "It's nothing. I don't know why I'm acting like this." Chanyeol jumped up in surprise when his rod jerked forward. "Minhee-ah-- Oh, I got one!" Chanyeol pulled the rod straight up and reeled it in. When it popped up, the only thing left was the hook.
 
"Ay, I almost caught it. Maybe it thought I was too handsome." Minhee laughed and poked him. "No, I think it thought you weren't handsome."
"Yah!"
 
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Oppa, stop!" Chanyeol set the rod aside safely and began tickling her sides. "Who's not handsome?"
 
She continued to laugh. "You're the most handsome person in EXO!" He stopped. "That's good enough." Smiling, Chanyeol was happy she was laughing. He poked at new worm in and continued to have small conversations with her. 
 
Night fell, and they had already caught 8 fish, 6 from Minhee, 2 from Chanyeol. "Wah, Minhee is good at this."
 
"I've practiced. My dad was one of the best fishers in Seoul! He used to come--" Tears brimmed her eyes but she held them back. "I mean, I've practiced a lot." Chanyeol solemnly held her hand in understanding. "Minhee, what happened to your dad?"
 
She hesitated before sighing. "He died in a car accident." He hung his head low. "I'm so sorry..." Minhee sniffled but her tears won and a few rolled down. "He used to come here with me every summer. He would teach me everything about fishing, it was his hobby. His favorite. He won almost all of the small fishing competitions held. My dad... he died when I was 18."
 
Tears were streaming down her face now. Big sobs were heard and Chanyeol looked at her, wiping a few away with his dirty fingers. But it didn't matter, they were already messy. She set the rod aside and covered her face with her hands and knees. Minhee looked up. "Oppa, can I tell you something?"
 
"Mmm, tell me anything Minhee-ah, oppa is here for you."
 
"I miss him a lot. More than people think I do. I'm really hurting inside. Like a big part of me is really missing. For three years..." He frowned. "So that's why you said he won't get to see your future husband..."
 
Minhee looked at him and shook her head. "I don't know what you're talking about." 
 
Chanyeol suddenly became nervous and scratched his head. "You don't, do you?" He nervously laughed at his mistake. "Ahh, it's nothing."
 
"When did I say that oppa? I don't remember anything." Chanyeol hesitated before scratching his head. "Well you see, that night in Jeju... When I was in the hospital, you went out a drank. You drank a little too much... And well..."
 
It was all clear now. Minhee also became nervous remembering the confession. "Now I remember." He nodded and turned to her again. "Minhee... Was anything you said that part besides your dad... True?"
 
Minhee looked at her fingers on her lap and fumbled them. "Oppa, even if it were true, you wouldn't like me anyway. You're an idol... And I'm well, nothing. I can't play any instruments like Soomi or the members. I can't paint like Hee Jin. My feelings change a lot... I'm not very good at singing, or rapping. I can't dance. I can't do anything."
 
"You're wrong. Those are all the reasons why I like you." Minhee blushed wildly and looked at him with wide eyes. "W--What?"
 
Chanyeol rested his hands on hers. "I like you, Minhee-ah." Minhee shook her head, not understanding what he was saying. "But, I can't--"
 
"You can dance to the three little bears well!" He snickered, remembering the last day they spent in Jeju at the museum. "Yah, it's not the time to be joking. You, what?" Chanyeol smirked.
 
"Ay, how many times do you want me to say it? I like you, Minhee!" She widened her eyes and her face turned a bright pink color in the night. "But, why--"
 
"Because you're Minhee. Sure, Soomi can play instruments, Hee Jin can paint, they can sing. But that's because they like doing that. You're different. You teach little kids!" Minhee shook her head again at his words. "That's not something to be proud of--"
 
"Why, you don't like me back? I'm kind of disappointed--" She shook her hand in the air.
 
"No, I like you too." Now, Chanyeol was blushing. He looked down at her and smiled, putting a piece of hair behind her ear. Chanyeol put his warm hand in hers and looked out into the lake, the bright moon showing the waves. "Hyung! I did it! Moon Minhee is now my girlfriend!" He screamed out.
 
"Huh? Girlfriend?"
 
"What? You don't want to be my girlfriend? I thought you liked me." Minhee shook her head wildly and looked out into the lake, not facing him. "Oh! No, it's just-- Soomi and Hee Jin unni don't have boyfriends yet, and I don't know if mom would approve."
 
Chanyeol smirked in the night. "They'll have their own soon. And, I already talked to your mom. She couldn't resist a handsome guy like me."
 
"Yah." Minhee giggled and punched him in the arm. "So, why do you like me?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"Why do you like your boyfriend, pabo-yah." He ruffled her hair and she blushed again. "Well, you're funny." Chanyeol stayed silent, expecting more. "What, that's all?"
 
"Why, you expected more? Well, if you wanted someone to compliment you a lot, I guess you could date another fan--" He held on tightly. "Ani, I only have you."
 
"That's so cheesy!" Chanyeol smiled at her and pecked her on the cheek, causing her to blush even more. "It's true, Minhee-yah. I went to your dad and sweared to keep you safe at all times." She rested her head on his shoulder. "Really?"
 
"Yes, so don't go chasing after other boys okay? You're mine and only mine. Here." Chanyeol took out a silver necklace with a ring and placed it around her neck. She touched the cool silver with her free hand after setting the fishing rod down. "Channie, you planned this all along?"
 
"You said yes, so it doesn't matter now. This must stay with you forever, okay? Even when you're swimming. It was my grandmother's. Before she passed away, she told me to give this to a special someone. It's special, so don't lose it." Minhee nodded with a smile and kissed Chanyeol's cheek for a full three seconds. "You missed a spot!"
 
He pointed to his lips and Minhee shook her head. "Ah, not yet!" She smiled, but then her face quickly turned into a frown. "But, oppa, did you tell your members?! Aren't we supposed to keep this quiet for your career? How am I going to tell the unnis? Did you tell your manager? Does anyone know besides my parents? Do your parents know? What if your parents don't think I'm good enough?"
 
"Don't worry, Minhee. We can take care of all of that later. What matters is that I love you." They stayed silent for a while until Minhee spoke up. "But oppa, when did you start to like me?"
 
"Let me think... Oh! When you fell on me at the airport!" He smiled. "What?! But I fell on you! That was a bad impression..."
 
"You were really pretty then. You just came back from America at that time, right?" Minhee blushed and nodded. "So you like me because I'm pretty?"
 
"No, there's more, but I can't say them all." Minhee breathed and turned to Chanyeol again. "You know that time your fans, you know?"
 
"Yeah..." He looked into her eyes.
 
"What if that happens again? We can't be caught together."
 
"Don't worry. We'll keep it a secret for now, from anyone. I'll wait for the right time to tell Lee Soo Man and he'll know what to do. Don't tell Soomi or Hee Jin, and I won't tell the members."
 
"But then that means we can't go out, they'll be suspicious..."
 
"We can go out after my practice, you're a late sleeper, right?" Minhee nodded. "The members usually go to sleep after that because we have an early schedule."
 
"But you also need your sleep!" He smiled. "I'll be fine. You're worrying about me so much! It's okay, Minhee-ah." Sighing, she cleaned up the rod and closed the box of equipment. "Let's go, my mom must be worried sick."
 
Chanyeol nodded. "Okay... Here." He put his spare jacket around her shoulders. "It's getting cold."

Soomi hesitantly stared at her phone before finding the courage to call Luhan. She had already called Kris before to ask if anyone was free that night, but she only had 10 tickets. Minhee, Hee Jin, Minhee's mom, Suho, a few BTOB members, and a few of her college friends had decided to go. What was left was for the members. Kris had mentioned that Luhan had been feeling down lately due to the busy schedules. He even mentioned that Luhan had been talking about her in his sleep. Soomi blushed.

She pressed his name on her contact list and listened to the long beeps before his voice came through. "Hello! This is Luhan! I am busy at the moment, but I'll be sure to call you back! Pyong!" Soomi sighed and set down her phone before her Baby Don't Cry ringtone came on. She immediately picked it up, "Hello?"

"Soomi? Is that you?" His voice was upbeat. "I missed you! I mean... umm." Soomi's face flushed a bright red color while Luhan cleared his throat She smiled at his awkwardness. "So, what's up?"

"I just wanted to know what you were doing! And, if you were busy next Friday night?" He stayed silent for a few seconds. "I'm feeling fine... And you mean like, a date?" Soomi's face turned even redder. "Oh no!"

"Oh..." Luhan did a fake cough, "Sorry, I've been... Sorry." Soomi giggled. "It's okay. I got an opportunity to play in this concert with a bunch of other artists and I wanted to know if you could come. Kris is asking the others if their busy. So... are you?"

"I'd have to check with my manager on that. I'll try to though, I'll be the first one there to support you! Hwaiting, Soomi-ah!" Soomi nodded and bit her lip. "O-- Okay! Well, it's kind of late now, so I have to go... I sent the tickets to your dorm for you and the members so come if you can, bye!"

"Night!" She closed her eyes and pressed the end button. Her heart was beating really fast. He had missed her? A date? Did he like her too? Now her feelings were even more mixed up than Minhee's. Did she like him? Soomi blew at her bangs and set her phone down on her nightstand, grabbing a pillow from her bed and screaming into it. Why did she like him? She ruffled her hair in frustration before she heard a knock on her door. "Who is it?"

The door creaked open and Minhee's face came through the crack. "Is everything alright?" Soomi nodded and looked at the time. It was one in the morning. "Why did you come home so late? And why do I smell raw fish?" She sniffed again. "Soju?"

Minhee nervously laughed, "Well you see, Chanyeol and I met a few of his friends and we went fishing. We stopped by to get some meat in a secret stand and I had a few drinks--" Soomi looked at her. "Did you... say any strange things?"

"Oh no!" She shook her hands. "No! I only had a few shots. Chanyeol though..."

"Did something happen?" Minhee shook her head. "No, he's just really cute when he's drunk. I'm going to take a shower, okay?" Soomi nodded. "Don't wake up your mom though! I think she's been stressed lately with her job at the restaurant. She needs her sleep."

"Okay unnie!" Minhee closed the door behind her and sighed in relief. Lying was too hard for her. The soju smell had come from them stopping by a restaurant to get some food. They hadn't eaten food since breakfast. She giggled at the sight of Chanyeol feeding her some meat in her mind. She just had to keep this secret for a while, right?


"Aigoo, I'm so tired!" Hee Jin closed the door to her room and plopped down onto her bed. She layed on it and stared at the ceiling. "Hmm, I wonder if anyone messaged me.." she thought. Hee Jin picked up her cell phone and turned it on.

"Huh. Three new messages." Hee Jin clicked on the notification and looked at who they were from. One was from Eunkwang, and the other two were from Soomi. She opened up the one from Eunkwang first.

Hey Hee Jin! You going to Soomi's concert?

- Eunkwang Oppa~

Of course I'm going! I wouldn't miss it for the world! ^^

- Jin Jin

Hee Jin then exited out and checked Soomi's messages.

Jin-ah! What are you doing?

Yah! Why aren't you answering? I'm so boredd! Minhee's gone too~

- Unnie <3

Hee Jin laughed while reading the messages she recieved from Soomi and replied back.

Mianhe Unnie! I was working >_<

- Jin Jin

As soon as she replied, she got a message back.

Yah! You answered so late! It's been 3 hours already & Minhee's home now. I was dying of boredom earlier after coming back from Imo's store. Now, i'm tired and I'll just call you. :P

- Unnie <3

Hee Jin looked at the message and soon enough, Soomi called. "Hee Jin-ah! What are you doing?" Soomi said right away.

"Nothing, I just got home, wae?"

"So did Minhee."

"Where did she go?"

"She went out with Chanyeol..."

Her eyes widened, "MWOH!? SHE WENT OUT WITH CHANYEOL!?"

"Shhhh!! You're so loud, Jin-ah! But yes, they went out earlier this afternoon."

"Chinjja!? You're kidding!"

"Ani, it's true! She just got back and was smelling like soju."

"SOJU!? Why is it that you and me don't drink, but our maknae does?" Hee Jin asked, pondering about it herself.

"Hmmm, good question. I never really thought about it..." Then I heard her rustle around for something.

"So, Hee Jin-ah! Did you ask Baekhyun if he was going?" Soomi asked me. I could feel myself start to blush thinking about him.

"O-Oh? Yeah, I did...he doesn't have a schedule on that day." she replied.

"Really? Did you guys talk about anything else?" Soomi asked persistently. "Yeah...he asked me what I was doing the day after..."

Soomi squealed, "OMG! Chinjja!? What did you say!?"

Hee Jin tried to keep herself composed as she herself was squealing on the inside, "I said I wasn't doing anything..."

Soomi squealed and laughed on the other side, "Omo! You guys are too cute! I so ship you two! BaekHee couple, fighting~!"

"Yah~!" Hee Jin whined. She sighed and stayed silent for a while. "But unnie... to tell you the truth..." Soomi jumped on her bed and stared at her newly painted nails, paying attention to the younger one.

"Yes?"

"I kind of like Eunkwang too." Soomi screamed on the other line but realized it was night time again. 

"What?! You did not just say that."

"Ehh? What's wrong with liking him? I mean I like Baekhyun too but, Eunkwang has always been there for me, you know?"

Soomi sighed. "Yah, dongsaeng. Your feelings are just a little confused right now. Like mine..."

"Huh? WHAT?! Tell me right now!"

"Luhan."

"You like Luhan! Ay, I always knew there was something going on with you too. What are you confused about?!"

"I don't know if I like him or not. He said he missed me on the phone earlier when I asked him about the concert... What would that mean?"

"Yah! I haven't dated but even I know more about love than you! Pabo-yah! That means he likes you! And you like him! Did you feel your heart pounding and felt like you were in a dream?"

"Ay, you're crazy! You've been watching too many Korean dramas these days. It wouldn't mean that! He just... misses me as a friend!"

Hee Jin shook her head. "I guess we're both confused then." She lay right on top of her bed. "Unnie, have you ever fallen in love?"

"I thought Baekhyun was kind of cute in second grade, does that count?"

"Unnie!~"

"Awh, fine, fine! I've had crushes but I only dated once, and he was so full of himself. I don't know what I did back then, aish. Minhee was pretty popular in America though!"

"Haha, that was Myungsoo, wasn't it? I remember him! And really?! Minhee?! Wow!"

"I know right! I'm still wondering why Chanyeol and her were out so late. I don't believe her when she said they hanged out with his 'friends'."

"Maybe they were holding hands?"

"Or kissing?!" They both squealed into the phone and laughed. Suddenly, Soomi heard footsteps down the hallway. "Unnie, what's so funny?"

"Nothing, Minhee-ah! Just go to sleep! Yah, Hee Jin, coffee tomorrow morning? We need a day to relax before exams again."

"Call!" They both said their 'good nights' and drifted into a deep sleep.


Just wanted to update with you guys! Comment who your favorite couple is so far! We know, it's all just so fluffy, but drama is coming soon, MWAHAHA. What do you think of Chanyeol's sweet confession? Ah, if only I was Minhee. Bye the way, I reread a couple of the chapters and realized I had said every other chapter someone writes. Well, we switched that around after a few chapters after chapter 7. We both write each chapter, because sometimes the other is busy or other things are happening. So, yeah! Again, comment your favorite couple and we have big ideas for this story. Please upvote and comment, we love you! ♡

Panda_LURVS_KPOP is a big fan of the SoomiXLuhan couple or Soohan couple and requested me to write a short story of them! It has nothing to do with this story, but it has Minhee and Hee Jin in it. Click here to go to it!