Chapter 24

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

theGirls 

Chanyeol quickly dialed Minhee's number and waited for her to answer.

"Sorry but the person you are-" Chanyeol hung up and grabbed his disguise. He quickly went to the door, but was stopped by Baekhyun. "Yah, where do you think you're going?" he asked him.

"Out of the way, Baekhyun, I need to go." Baekhyun grabbed his arm, "Yah, you can't go anywhere right now we ha-" 'But it's about Minhee! She's in trouble!" Chanyeol refuted him. Baekhyun stared at him, "Well, then, why didn't you say so!?" Baekhyun quickly grabbed his disguises as well and wrote a little note to Suho, saying their excuse as to why they weren't going to practice.


"Are you from EXO?" Chanyeol and Baekhyun nodded, not trying to be mean to their fans. "Can we get autograph?"

"Yes, sure!" Baekhyun looked at the girls and did his signature smile, signing the many pictures of him that were given. Chanyeol looked beyond the small crowd of girls to the door, where he wanted to go to the most. 
"Let's go, Baekhyun."

"But, the fans-" Chanyeol quickly bowed after signing a few more and grabbed Baekhyun along with him. Chanyeol asked students where Minhee was and also began asking for directions to the dorms. He finally found his way to Saebyuk's dorm. He knew it was hers, because all the other students were in class, playing around, doing other things. He could hear the light talking inside. Chanyeol gently knocked and shushed Baekhyun. 

"Hello? Who's there?" Minhee's friend opened the door and looked at him in shock for a few seconds before panicking and closing the door, but Baekhyun stopped it from closing. "I... I'm sorry, my friend is trying to study right now..."

"Can we, come in for a moment?" Chanyeol looked at her with sad eyes. Saebyuk bit her lip, hesitating, before opening the door wider for them.
"Thank you."

They entered to find Minhee curled up into a ball, Saebyuk's roommate soothing her. Minhee looked up and in surprise saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun standing there, looking at her worriedly. "Baek... Chanyeol?" 

Minhee immediately stood and wiped her remaining tears away, storming to the bathroom and locking the door behind her. She sat on the closed toilet seat and sniffled. "Saebyuk, can you please them out?"

"Minhee, are you okay?!" Baekhyun went towards the door and began to knock wildly. "Come out and talk to oppa, please?"

"Minhee–" Saebyuk breathed out. 

"Minhee! I'm sorry! I'm sorry my fans did that to you! They misunderstood... They... they don't know anything about you!" Chanyeol sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Is that all you have to say? Saebyuk, can you please–"

"Yah, dongsaeng, oppa's not leaving until you come out. Chanyeol's really worried. You can come out and talk to me, okay?" Minhee stormed out of the bathroom and quickly grabbed her dirty clothes and bag. 

"If you're not leaving, I am. Saebyuk, I'll see you later... Bye, Mina." She went out the door and out of the building. Chanyeol quickly followed, along with Baekhyun.

"What just happened, Saebyuk?" Mina stared at the open door. Saebyuk shook her head and sighed. "Love... I hope Minhee's okay."


The small stream flowed across the rocks as a light breeze blew across the trees. Butterflies went from flower to flower and the sunlight poured on to the bright green grass. Minhee sat on the bench, marveling it all. The school garden was a place where you could just sit and relax and think about nothing but the beauty. But Minhee's brain was filled with too much.

"Minhee! There you are!" Baekhyun rushed quickly to her and sat by her, looking into her eyes. "Are you okay?" She shrugged and turned away from him. Chanyeol stood in front of her, blocking her view. She looked up at him, and he looked like an angel, with the light shining brightly behind him and the birds chirping the close distance. 

"Are you okay? Oppa is sorry. My fans don't understand anything." Chanyeol stuck out his arm. "Here, hit me. Slap me, punch me, do all you want–"
"I'm not mad at you."

Chanyeol cocked his head to the side, "Then... why are you angry?"

Minhee's POV

You pabo Chanyeol. Because it's all reality. If we were to ever be together, everyone would hate me, they would despise me. We wouldn't work. Nothing would be right. You'd be too busy. I can't handle all of that. Your fans showed me it's not possible. I'm angry because it's all too complicated. It's better to just stay as friends. Even if I wanted to, I can't see you that way. You have to stay away from me, to protect yourself. You don't even like me anyway, you never gave me an answer, never told me anything. 

I wanted to tell him all of that, but I just shrugged and held on to Baekhyun's hand, slipping my other hand into Chanyeol's also. "Come on, you guys have to get back to practicing."

We walked to the front gates of the huge university and I let go of them. "Don't worry about me, okay Baekhyun oppa? I'll be fine!" They both stared at me weird then nodded. I turned my back on them and went back to class. END OF POV

Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun. "Wasn't she mad at me a while ago?" Baekhyun shrugged.
"Minhee's a bit weird... she has lots of mood changes. Haha, one time, we were fishing, and she caught a fish. It was flailing around so she freaked out. The next thing you know, she's angry and trying to strangle it with her hands. The next moment, when Soomi is cutting it open, she begins to feel sympathy for it, telling the fish it will be okay and wishing she had just let it back into the water. Just give her some time and she'll forgive you. She'll go back to being happy Minhee."

Chanyeol smiled at the story and nodded in understanding, "She likes fishing?"
"She usually goes fishing with me and Soomi. The last time we went was a really long time ago. Why?" Chanyeol shook his head.
"Nothing."

"Yah, Chanyeol, you like her, don't you?" Chanyeol waved his hands,"I don't!"
"Then, why do you always worry about her? You've been smiling like a dork this whole time."
"Hey, you worry about her too!"
"But she's like a younger sister to me! And I like someone else anyway..." Chanyeol smirked, now he could .
"Oooh, who is it? Soomi? Ani, it's Hee Jin, am I right?" Baekhyun stayed silent and glared at him, "Why would I tell you?"

Chanyeol put two peace signs up. "Because you love me!" Baekhyun shrugged.
"It's Hee Jin." Chanyeol giggled, "Yes! I was right! Now I'm going to tell–" Baekhyun slapped his arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" 
"Don't tell anyone! Suho and Kris are already suspecting something. Just keep quiet, okay? I'm not even sure if she likes me back..."
"Tch, fine." Chanyeol crossed his arms. 

"Yah, Channie, you didn't tell me if you liked Minhee or not! I told you already!" 
"Yeah... I do. BUT NO ONE KNOWS! So don't tell anyone either, or else I'm telling ALL the members you totally fell in love with Hee Jin!"
"Awwh come on, can I at least tell Soomi?" Chanyeol took out his phone and threatened to press Suho's number. 

"Fine, fine." Baehyun sneered. He paused for a moment before turning back to him. "But hey, I heard from Soomi that Minhee suddenly went out in the middle of the night in Jeju. You were sleeping near her in the morning, did something happen?"

Chanyeol half smiled and began to think about night, when she drunkenly confessed to her. "Can I tell you something, hyung?'

"What is it?"

"Minhee confessed to be that night." Baekhyun looked at him with wide eyes, not believing what he was hearing
"What--"

"But I don't think she really does, I mean she was drunk--"

"Drunk--"

"And she was talking about her appa... Hyung, is her dad dead?"

"Yes, he's gone, and she didn't handle it well before I moved, but I guess she's okay now. But, Minhee confessed to you? DRUNK?!"

"Yeah..."

"Are you stupid, Chanyeol?"
"Yah, why are you calling me stupid?"
"Minhee talked to you and said she didn't like you, right?"
"Yeah, she talked to me during out trip the day before we left, why?"
"Don't you see? She... she..." Baekhyun now understood why Minhee was so angry with him.

"She what?" Baekhyun shook his head, "Nothing, let's just go before Manager hyung realizes we're gone."
Chanyeol nodded, confused. What was Baekhyun trying to say?


Soomi bit her lip, staring at her phone. Was Minhee okay? She could only hope. And what was Chanyeol doing? Soomi took that all off of her mind when her instructor came into the room. "Soomi-shi? Are you ready to start?"

She bowed and nodded, pulling up a chair and setting up her cello. Soomi wiped it and tuned her strings quickly before the instructor became impatient. He was one of the best cello players in the university, and she was one of the lucky students to work with him. After tuning her G string, Soomi focused her full attention to the man. "Wiped? Tuned? Rosined?"

"Yes, sir."

"As expected. Now, lets play one of Bach's Suites. The Cello Suite No. 2 in D Major. I hope you've been practicing?" 

"Yes."

"Okay then, let's see how well you play. Start!" Soomi confidently played the first few notes of the song and played the song for roughly 20 minutes. She nervously faced the man, looking up from her music sheets. He smiled at her.
"Well done! Well done! You still have to get a few of those notes in a few measures, but that was wonderful, my dear!"

Soomi bowed and smiled for the compliment. "Thank you!"
"Yes, you can pack up now, or stay here and practice a little. You have a small harp lesson with Miss Kim?"
"Yeh."

"I'll be going now, I have an appointment soon." He stared at his watch and smiled. "Will you lock up the room after your done?"
"Yes, songsaenim." Soomi and bowed and he nodded, making his way towards the door.

He stopped midway and turned around, "Ahh, I almost forgot!" He walked over to her and Soomi looked up.
"The university is holding an music concert in a few weeks, and Mr. Jang wanted me to recommend a few students that I teached privately. He said that he needed someone new, a few students have done it all their years here, so I think you're perfect for the job. I know this is all so sudden, but it's a great opportunity. I think Yiruma has even thought of being a guest there. What do you think?"

Soomi stood there, speechless. She hadn't been able to participate in concerts as big as this since her senior year. She looked up again after a few seconds. "I think I'll need to think it over..."

"Ah, okay, no need to rush. You can call me or Mr. Jang if you decide to accept of decline. We would love it if you could play in the concert."Mr. Park started to walk out as Soomi was packing up. But then she remembered that Baekhyun had said that Luhan was feeling down lately.

"Maybe I could ask them to come..." she said to herself. "...but what if they can't? Oh, well. I'm sure some of the K members can come!" Soomi stopped packing and quickly ran to the door.

"Mr. Park! Mr. Park! Wait a moment!" she called out. Mr. Park stopped and turned around, confused. "Wae? Is there something wrong?" he said, walking back. Soomi went up to him, "Mr. Park! I'll do it! I'll do the performance!"

"That's great to hear! Here," Mr. Park opened up his bag, and rummaged through it, "-I think I have the tickets and information here somewhere..." Soomi waited patiently as he continued searching, but then Mr. Park looked up at her.

"Oh! That's right! They're in the room!" Mr. Park laughed to himself as he went inside with Soomi following. While waiting, she finished packing. "Ahh, here they are! Here, there are 5 tickets and the information you need to know, like when to get here and the schedule of events."

"Yeh! Thank you, Mr. Park." Soomi bowed to him as he left again, waving. "Arasso! You better hurry or else you'll be late for your lesson with Miss Kim!"

Soomi laughed and waved as he left the room. She then quickly ran out of the room with all of her stuff.

"I can't wait to tell Hee Jin and Minhee!" she though to herself. Then she squealed and ran to her next class.


Hee Jin hummed along to the soft music playing on the radio. It was EXO's Wolf on the radio being played in piano form. She was surprised they had comebacked so quickly after their trip. She put the paintbrush down and wiped her hands with the towel, which was covered in dry paint. Hee Jin stepped back and tilted her head, examining her painting. 

It wasn't bad, but what made her paint this? "Oh, Hee Jin! Wah, it's pretty. Do you want to see what I did?"

Dahee smiled at her and showed her a painting of beautiful red roses. "It's perfect, Dahee." 
Hee Jin smiled at her and brushed her hair to the side, looking at the painting again. Shrugging, she grabbed her materials and began to clean them up. 

"I think I'm done for today, Dahee. Do you think you can tell Miss Yang I'm leaving?"

"No problem! But, unni, why did you paint that? Oh! I know! You're in love, am I right?" She accusingly pointed her brush at Hee Jin and smiled brightly. She shook her head.

"Ani, it's just, I... I wanted to paint this, that's all."

"Oh, okay then!" She turned back to add a few more of crimson to her roses while she washed the paint off of her brushes. Hee Jin hadn't seen Baekhyun for weeks, and she kind of missed him. His smile, and his brown hair, which she was sure was no longer brown.

After clearing everything up, she placed the canvas near the window with the others and grabbed her bag, waving goodbye to Dahee and the other girls. What to do now? 

Hee Jin made her way to the large library located near the middle of the campus, not far from the art department. When she entered, she went to go find a textbook she had to read for one of her classes. As she was searching a voice came from behind her.

"Excuse me, Miss. I need to put this book back." Hee Jin turned around, startled.

"Omo! Noona?"

"Peniel!? What are you doing here!?" Hee Jin exclaimed. Peniel nervously put his arm on his nape, "Well, this is my part time job..."

"Waah! Chinjja? Since when?" she exclaimed. "Shhhh!" came a voice from the other aisle. Peniel and Hee Jin cowered a bit, smiling. "Noona! Shhh! You've always been so loud!" he whispered. Hee Jin chuckled, quietly, "Mianhe! But how are you? I saw Eunkwang not too long ago!"

"Oh, yeah! Hyung told us about that! Wah, it's amazing. Almost like...fate!" Peniel said to her as he stacked the books on the shelf. Hee Jin leaned on to the book case, blushing. Then she hit his shoulder, "Aniya~! How can it be fate?"

"Well, you never know, noona! Here, after I finish putting these books away, my shift is over and we can talk more after, arasso?" Peniel said to her. Hee Jin nodded.

"Arasso! I'll wait at the tables we used to study at!" She then patted his shoulder before heading to the table and waiting. After about 10 minutes, Peniel came jogging over. "Okay, noona! Let's go check out your book then we can go hang out!" Hee Jin smiled seeing how excited he was. After checking out the book, they both walked out together.

"So, how are you and the BTOB members? You guys haven't gotten into any trouble, have you?"

Peniel turned and stared at her, "Noona~! How can you say that? You know we're not like that!" Hee Jin laughed out loud and messed up his hair, "Ara, ara. You guys are so soft!"

Peniel struggled out of her grasp and fixed his hair, "Tch, ani! You're the one who made us soft..." he mumbled. Hee Jin turned around and head locked him, "What? What did you say?"

"Aish! Noona~! You're embarassing me!"

"Good!" Hee Jin said to him. After a while, she finally stopped and walked next to him, calmly. Peniel was being cautious and walking a bit far from her side.

"So, noona, do you want to come with me to meet up with the rest of the members?" Peniel asked her. Hee Jin thought for a moment. "Hmm, I don't think I have any classes any more...and I'm sure I don't have anything to do at home..." she thought to herself.

"Arasso, let's go! Where are we meeting up?"

"At one of your coffee shops of course! You know, the one we used to always go to?" Hee Jin nodded. "Kaja~!" Then she dragged him to the shop.