Chapter 19

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

x Chanyeol?!

"OH! MINHEE, PALI, PALI!!! ...... Urgh, you could've gotten that point!" Soomi said, dissapointed. Minhee pressed the home button on the iPad Hee Jin let them borrow and ruffled her hair.

"AHH! I could've won!!"  
"Just look at something else, Minhee...."
"Arraso." Sighing, she started to look up random things on the internet. Suddenly, her eyes widened...
"Unni!-" She got cut off by Soomi's ringtone.

It was the beginning of EXO-M's Baby Don't Cry. 

Ni jiu bie zai you yu le hao ma
Jiu jin na zhu wo de xin zang
Ai shi yi dao hen ci yan de guang mang
Lin lie de yue guang, ba yan jing guan shang

"Oh who could that be? Minhee, just wait a moment.." Soomi picked up the cellphone and put it to her ear.

"Yeobosayo? Kris?"
"Hey, umm.. Can you go check up on Chanyeol at the hospital? It was an emergency." His voice was a bit worried as he held on tightly to the phone.
"Uhh.. wae?"
"He..." Kris paused for a moment. "Something is wrong with his sight..."
"WHAT?! We'll be there right away.. Hey, aren't you guys supposed to cancel the meet?"
"That's what I said! But manager hyung said since we all were already here, and there are lots of fans, we should at least stay."
"Ahh.. I understand. I'll make sure to check up on Chanyeol.. Call me when you guys are done!"
"Arachi. Bye Soomi!"
"Bye, Kris." Soomi pressed the end button and set it down. Something was wrong with Chanyeol?! Losing his eyesight could mean the end of his career!

"UNNI! WHAT'S WRONG?" Minhee questioned loudly. "Why aren't you answering me!"

"What?"

"What's wrong with Chanyeol!"
"He's.. at the hospital.."

"WHAAATT?! Chanyeol oppa?! We need to goo~"

"Why do you sound so worried? He's... fine." Soomi didn't want Minhee to worry too much

"Let's go. I'll tell Hee Jin that we're leaving." Soomi told her as she grabbed her coat. MInhee followed obediently with a look of concern. 

"Why isn't Unnie telling me anything?" Minhee thought to herself. Soomi gathered her things and grabbed Minhee's things also.

"Kaja, Minhee-ah." Soomi quickly walked down the cafe stairs and went into the kitchen. "HEE JIN?"

Hee Jin turned around from working, her apron covered with flour and other baking ingredients. "Yeh, unni?"

"We're going out for a bit. Chanyeol is at the hospital.."

"FOR-for what?"

"I'll tell you later, just help take care of the shop. We'll be going!" Soomi then walked out of he kitchen and rushed through the pack of fangirls in the cafe. 

"Soomi unni! Just tell me, oh? WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING?!"

Soomi stayed quiet only uttering three words. "You'll find out."


Soomi payed the cab fare as Minhee obediantly followed her out. Minhee was about to say something but was cut off. 
"Unni-"
"Don't ask questions until you see him."

"Arraso." She bowed her head down but looked up to see a handful of fangirls waving poster boards of Chanyeol. The security were trying their best to get them away from the rooms.

"We're here for Chanyeol, S.M. has requested for us to come here."
"Please wait a moment."

"Ah, yes, come this way..." The nurse led the way to the direction opposite of where the fans were. Approaching the last door on the left, she knocked twice. "Someone is here for you."

"Let them in please," a deep muffled voice said. Once the girls got in, Minhee gasped out loud. Chanyeol was sitting on the bed in hospital clothing. 

"O-Oppa..." Minhee said as she stood there. Soomi went and made sure he was okay. 

"Are you sure you're not hurt any where?" She asked him. Chanyeol shook his head and smiled brightly, "Ani, I feel fine!" Soomi shook her head at him and smiled slightly. 

"Aigoo, your always smiling no matter what the situation is!" She said jokingly. 

"Excuse me, miss, but are you his legal guardian?" The male nurse in the room asked Soomi. Soomi shook her head, "No, I'm not. I was just requested by the manager and members to stay here." 

"Oh, well we need someone to sign these papers anyways," the man said to her. Soomi offered to sign it and went out with the man, but before she went, she whispered to Minhee, "Hey, don't be so tense." Soomi patted her arm reassuringly. 

Minhee only nodded, for she was still in shock. 

"Minhee-yah! What are you doing just standing there? Come, come sit!" Chanyeol exclaimed. He pointed to the chair right next to the bed. She shuffled over quietly. 

"O-Oppa, gwenchana?" she asked him. He nodded, "At least I'm not dead, right?" Minhee looked at him in shock and hit his arm, "Don't say things like that!" 

Chanyeol only laughed at her reaction. Minhee pouted and turned away from him. "How cute..." he thought to himself. 

"Hey, I was just kidding!" Chanyeol said reassuringly. He heard Minhee sniffle. "Minhee-yah, are you...are you crying right now!?" 

Minhee stood up and said, "Sorry, but I'll be back." She then ran from the room, past a confused Soomi. 

"Minhee-yah! Where are you going!?" She yelled after her. Minhee didn't turn around and exited through the door of the compartment Chanyeol was staying in and into the lobby bathroom. 

"Why am I feeling this way? Why am I always so worried about him?" Minhee thought to herself. She stood there standing at the mirror for a while. Then she decided it was time to call her Omma. 

She held her phone against her ear, biting her lips hoping her mother would answer the phone. 

After three rings, there was an answer. 

"Hello you've reached Moon Soojung. Sorry I can't answer the phone at the moment. Please leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible. Thanks!" 

BEEP

"Omma...I need you right now. I'm so confused about this! I worry over him and I always somehow feel like I need to impress him! I feel as though I need to always look pretty around him and I always have this feeling whenever he's hurt or something! Ottokae, Omma!?...I-I...I just don't know how to explain it but..," Minhee sighed and whispered, "I think I like him... And, he's at the hospital right now.. what do I do, omma? Call me when you get this, arraso omma?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hee Jin-ah! Take a rest. You're the boss's daughter and yet you still do work in the cafe? I thought you were supposed to supervise?" Eunkwang asked jokingly. 

Hee Jin laughed as she wiped down a table, "Right, right. Well, I think it's best to know how it feels to be a worker here, so that's why I work!" Eunkwang shook his head while smiling brightly. The huge pack of people earlier had died down and there were only a few left. 

After all the cleaning was done, they both sat down. 

"So, how have you been, Hee Jin-ah?" Eunkwang asked her. She took a sip of her bubble tea, "I'm doing pretty well. I have to go back to school in a few months though." 

"Well, don't must of us?" 

Hee Jin smiled at his remark. "Playful and funny, as always," she thought to herself. 

"How are the guys doing?" She asked. 

"They're all doing well, I guess. They haven't caused that much trouble yet. They miss you and Soomi though. Especially the maknaes!" 

Hee Jin smiled contentedly at this, "We'll be sure to visit soon then! Hey, are you guys still going to the same university as before?" 

"Yup! We haven't moved at all. Sadly, this is my last year..." Hee Jin looked at him in surprise, "W-What? This is your last year already?" 

"Of course, pabo-yah! I'm two years older than you, remember?" He said while poking her head slightly. Hee Jin scowled at him playfully and pushed his finger away. He laughed at her reaction. Then his phone vibrated. "Just a second.."

Hee Jin smiled and waited patiently. "Yeh?..... Right now?.... No, I'm not busy. My shift is over.......Arasso! See you!" Eunkwang closed his cellphone and turned back to Hee Jin.

"Dongsaeng, are you hungry? That was Minhyuk from BTOB.. I was wondering..."

"OH! HEE JIN!!" Hee Jin looked up from him and was surprised at Baekhyun's appearance. "Let's go see Chanyeol!"
"But, I-, Eunkwang here was saying...-"

"Come on! LET'S GO! Sorry for interrupting you... But we have to go~" Baekhyun said politely to Eunkwang.

"PALIWA!" He grabbed Hee Jin's hand and pulled her up, almost dragging her. 

"Eunkwang oppa! Can you make sure the other people come for their shift? I'll see you la-" Hee Jin said quickly to him until Baekhyun dragged her out of the store.

"YAH! What was that for? I was with him..." Hee Jin said, letting go of Baehyun's hand.

"Well.. we need to go.. and you guys were-" He turned a bright pink and hung his head low.

Hee Jin huffed but then looked at Baekhyun. "Oppa.. Are you, jealous?!"

"ANIY-" 

Feeling better at Baekhyun's jealousy she smiled and grabbed on tightly to his hand. "OPPA!~ Let's go!"