Chapter 25

Meeting By Coincidence {HIATUS}

When Hee Jin and Peniel reached the coffee shop, they were instantly greeted with a cold blast of air conditioning.

"Uwaaah, it's so nice in here!" Hee Jin said to no one in particular. Peniel nodded and made his way towards the back of the coffee shop.

"Oh, hyung! Here!" Both Peniel and Hee Jin looked up to see Sungjae waving excitedly, but then he stopped waving. "Noona!? Noona!" Sungjae then ran towards her and almost tackled her down with a hug.

"Omo! Sungjae-yah!? You're so tall now!" Hee Jin said, steadying herself with the help of Peniel. "Of course, noona! Now, come! You need to meet everyone else too!" Sungjae dragged both Peniel and Hee Jin to the table in the back corner.

"Hee Jin-ah? Wah, you're so different now!" Hyungsik said, giving her a hug. She hugged him back and greeted everyone else at the table. The only members who were missing were Eunkwang and Minhyuk.

"Annyeong Oppas! Annyeong Dongsaengs!" Hee Jin said to them, waving. Then she sat down next to Ilhoon and Sungjae. "Noona! We missed you! How is ahjushi doing? What about Soomi noona? Have you started to date yet?" Ilhoon asked her, urgently. Hee Jin looked at him with a blank face.

"Yah, were you always like this?" she asked him. Ilhoon sipped from his smoothie and leaned back, "Hmm, I don't know. Hyung, have I always been this way?" he asked Changsub.

Changsub nodded his head and looked at Hee Jin, "Yup. He's always been like this. He just never showed it to you." he said eyeing Ilhoon. Ilhoon looked back at him and gave him a cheesy smile. Changsub looked away, jokingly shivering.

"So, dongsaeng, how has life been for you?" he asked her. He leaned onto his palms, waiting for her reply. "I've been good! Oh! You would never guess who we went to Jeju with! We went with--"

"They went with EXO. Isn't that cool?" Hee Jin and Changsub looked up to find Eunkwang standing in front of the table with Minhyuk. "Oh! Hee Jin-ah! You're here!" Minhyuk said, sitting down and taking off his jacket. She side-hugged him and greeted him as well.

"Wait, yah, you went with EXO!? As in that rookie group!? We were also in Jeju, but you didn't hang with us!" Changsub said to her. Hee Jin smiled sheepishly, "Mianhe... I didn't know you were there.."

Eunkwang then sat across from her, "Gwenchana, no worries. I'm sure you had fun, right?" Hee Jin nodded and told them about their trip to Jeju. "Wah, I'm jealous, noona! But we got to go to the mud flats and play there!" Sungjae said after Hee Jin had finished her story.

"What!? You guys went to the mud flats!?" Hee Jin gasped dramatically, "Without me or Soomi!?" Changsub stuck his tongue out to her, playfully. "Haha, serves you right." Hee Jin glared at him and ate some of his ice cream.

"Yah! Get your own ice cream!" Changsub said, protecting his ice cream. Hee Jin only smiled. Eunkwang then cleared his throat, to get their attention since Hyungsik was trying to say something. They all looked at him. He looked back at everyone awkwardly, but then turned to Hee Jin.

"Hee Jin-ah, how's Soomi? Are you guys doing well in your studies?" Hee Jin nodded and was about to say something when her phone started to ring. "Oh hey! It's Soomi!" she said to them.

"Yoboseyo?" she said. "Hello? Hee Jin-ah?"

"Yes?" Hee Jin answered to her. "Oh, okay, okay, so guess what!?"

"Waeyo?" Hee Jin said to her with question. "Okay, so, I got a solo for the upcoming concert!" Soomi said excitingly. Then she squealed into the reciever. The members sitting near Hee Jin could hear her squeal too.

"Oh, chinjja!? Wah! We need to celebrate! We shou-"

"Dongsaeeeng! You should come over here and tell us the good news!" Hyungsik said, stealing her phone away. Hee Jin pouted at him as he smirked triumphantly.

"...who are you?" Soomi asked. Hyungsik gasped, "Yah! You don't even recognize your favorite oppa's voice anymore!?"

"Yah! I'm her favorite oppa!" Minhyuk protested. "Ani! I am!" Changsub said, seriously. Soomi was quite on the other end.

"...Hyungsik oppa? Minhyukkie oppa? Changsubbie oppa? What are you guys doing with Hee Jin?" Soomi said, confused. "Because she wanted to hang out with us!" Ilhoon yelled into the reciever. By now, they had already gotten weird looks from people in the shop. Peniel and Hee Jin unconsciously slouched down into their seats with embarassment. Eunkwang was calm, as usual; acting as though it had everyday.

"Oh, where are you guys? I'll come there, then." Hyunsik then told her the place they were at and 5 minutes later, Soomi came in with her cello, looking around.

"Noona! Yeogi!" Sungjae and Ilhoon said waving towards her. She smiled seeing them waving so frantically. "Annyeong!" she said, setting her cello down. Right when she set it down, she was attacked be the two maknaes. Soomi was very close to all of the BTOB members. She was the one who introduced them to each other.

"Noona! We missed you so much! How was America?" Ilhoon asked her. "It was great! I got to see a lot of family and old friends with Minhee. How was life in Korea when I was gone?" she asked jokingly.

"Horrible! The only person we had to talk to was Hee Jin, and she's too serious at times!" Peniel interrupted. Hee Jin turned and glared at him.

"Yah! I was the one who helped you through your first break up, so shush!" she said back to him. Soomi looked at Peniel. "Your first break up? So, you broke up with Hye Soo? When!?"

"Umm...yeah...third year of high school." He said. "Ohhh, well, there are a lot of girls out there!" Soomi said reassuringly. Peniel nodded and looked back at his drink.

"So...Eunkwang Oppa! How are you? Is dealing with these boys hard?" Soomi asked him. When she said that, there were a lot of protests from the other boys seated around them. Soomi quickly shushed them and leaned towards Eunkwang waiting for his answer.

"Ani, it wasn't hard. I had Hee Jin helping when I had to do my studies and while you were gone. You would not believe how much drama happened when you were gone!"

"Chinjja!? What did you guys do?" Soomi said giving the group a hard stare. "Ayy, dongsaeng! How can you accuse us of something like that?" Minhyuk said to her. Soomi gave him a little smirk, "Oppa, I bet you caused the most trouble, right?" MInhyuk put on an offended look and put his hand on his chest.

"Saeng~! Oh! Apa! My heart!" he said grabbing his heart. Soomi pushed him away, laughing. "Don't do that, oppa! Gosh, you're so cheezy it makes my skin crawl!"

Minhyuk stuck his tongue out at her and turned away. Just as he did that, in came two guys wearing hats and masks. Some girls around started to murmur between themselves.

"Woah, who are those people?" Minhyuk said as he turned back around, looking past Soomi. Soomi and Hee Jin looked up at the two masked people.

"Wow, if they're trying to hide their identity, they aren't doing so well at it. It looks way too suspicious." Changsub said, sipping on his iced coffee.

"Why do I feel like I know those guys..." Soomi thought to herself. Then when she saw the taller person's eyes, she knew exactly who it was. She slowly but quickly jogged over to them as they were about to sit.

"Oppa! Where are you going? We're over here!" she said, smiling. When she saw the guy's facial expression, she started to laugh, but suppressed it. Soomi then dragged them over and sat them, so they were facing away from all the people. Now, all the people saw were their bakc sides.

"Soomi, what are you doing?" Minhyuk whispered to her. She turned to him and smiled, "It's okay, oppa! These are my friends!" Then she turned to them. "Say hi, guys!" Then she prodded the smaller one's arm and he yelped.

He slowly took off his mask, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Baekhyun."
"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Chanyeol." Hee Jin's eyes almost popped out of her sockets.

"B-Baekhyun Oppa!?" she said out loud while standing up.  Eunkwang gently pulled her back down. "Shh! Don't say that or else we might get in trouble!"

Baekhyun nodded at Eunkwang in greeting and thanks. Eunkwang nodded back at him. Then the BTOB members continued to greeting them.

"Oppa, why are you here?" Soomi asked them. "Well, we actually went to go visit Minhee..."

Soomi sat up straight when she heard MInhee's name. "You went to go see her!? Is she okay? She didn't answer to my calls!"

Baekhyun nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure she's fine. She was having one of her bipolar moments. I guess it was all just because of stress." Baekhyun decided not to tell her what the real reason was, or else Soomi would have yelled at them both; right then and there. He didn't want to be embarassed in front of his sunbaes or Hee Jin.

"Oh, are you sure? Why was she a complete mess?" Soomi questioned him. "Wait, what!? What happened to Minhee?" Hee Jin chimed in. Everyone at the table turned their attention to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"Uhhh...why don't I tell you later? Right now isn't a good time," Baekhyun then looked at his watch, "-we actually have to get going to practice. It was nice meeting you all."

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun bowed in farewell. Then they grabbed their 12 drinks and left without another word. "Sorry, but I think we have to go too..." Eunkwang broke to them.

"EH!? B-But hyung! I want to spend some more time with noona!" Sungjae replied, grabbing onto both Hee Jin and Soomi. "Sungjae-yah. We have practice and a meeting with the CEO. Plus, you have to go film with Junhyung sunbaenim!" Eunkwang said to him.

Sungjae pouted and reluctantly let go. "Arasso. Annyeong noonas." Sungjae then gave both of them a squeeze before squeezing out of the table. Soon, he was followed by the members. Each of them gave their goodbyes.

"Then, goodbye guys! Have lots of fun and stay healthy." Hee Jin said, waving and hugging them. When she reached Eunkwang, she awkwrdly stood in front of him but then gave him a small hug too. It was very quick and didn't last as long as the others.

"Uh, then goodbye. Have fun with your classes." he said as they pulled apart. Hee Jin nodded and pushed some hair behind her ear nervously. "U-Uh, yeah. Have fun with your schedule."

On the other hand, Soomi was happily waving them off and was getting little lectures about saftey from MInhyuk and Hyungsik.

"Okay, stay away from boys, arasso? If they hurt you, you can contact me!" Hyungsik said to her. Then he patted her head, "Dongsaeng-ah. You're like my little sister and I don't want anything to happen to you, arasso? Even when you can't contact Bacon, I will always answer!"

Soomi swatted his arm away, playfully. "Arasso. Gosh, why are you so mushy today?" Hyungsik smiled, "Aniya! I just haven't seen my dongsaeng in so long! I missed youuuuu!" He spread out his arms for a hug, when Changsub came and hugged her instead.

"Ani! I missed her!" he said. Then he looked down at her. "and when you can't contact Hyungsik, you can contact me! You still have my number, right?"

Soomi nodded while rolling her eyes, "Yeh, yeh. I still have it. Don't worry! Now, get a move on oppas! You all are wasting time!"

Minhyuk was about to walk away, but turned around to see Changsub and Hyungsik still hanging around. "Yah! Hurry up!" he yelled to them. No one listened. So, Minhyuk went up to them.

"See you later Soomi! We have to go!" Minhyuk said, dragging the two out. Soomi and Hee Jin stood by and watched as they all left. They were about to sit down again, when they heard someone call their names. It was Changsub.

"Oh! One last thing! Don't forget to use protection!" he called before running away, laughing. Everyone around the shop stared at the two girls as they both turned a dark pink color.

"Gosh, I hate that oppa." Soomi said, not able to raise her head.


The next day...

Minhee spit the toothpaste into the sink and took out her phone as it vibrated in her sweat pant pocket. Who could that be?

Channie~

She hesitated before wiping and hands. Minhee quickly pressed the button and put the phone to her ear. "Oppa?"

"Oh, Minhee-ah, are you busy today?"

"No, today there are no classes. Why?"

Chanyeol smiled and cleared his throat. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something with me today..."

"Sure! Uhh, what is it?"

"It's a surprise! Meet me in front of your house at one, neh?"

"Okay!"

"I'll see you then, bye!" Minhee stared at the white phone and took a big breath. Did Chanyeol just ask her on a date? He didn't mention anyone else... Minhee squealed and looked at herself in the mirror and then at the clock. She had just woken up, but it was already 11, so she had two hours to prepare.

Sighing, Minhee pulled on the huge t-shirt that was way to big for her and walked to her closet. She looked at all her outfits and struggled to find the right one. Would it take long? Where were we going? 

In the end, she decided to just wear a childish top and jeans along with her light blue sweater. She didn't want to wear anything too fancy. Minhee glanced in the mirror again before going downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Oh, you're awake, come eat breakfast, I mean lunch. You stayed up too long to study, you need some rest!" Her mother nagged and Minhee just nodded, sitting on a chair.

"You too Soomi!" Minhee turned around to find Soomi in her pajamas stretching and rubbing her eyes. 

"Arasso, auntie. Why are you already dressed up? You're usually still sleeping on Saturdays." She pointed to Minhee.

"Chanyeol invited me somewhere." Minhee took a spoonful of rice and stuffed it into .

"Huh? Is it with EXO?"

"No, he didn't mention anyone..."

Soomi smiled and sat in the seat next to her. "Oooh, so a date?"

"Ani unni! Just friends hanging out!"

"Right." Soomi skeptically smirked and picked up some eggs with her chopsticks. 

Minhee ate her last bite right before the doorbell rang. "Oh, that must be Chanyeol!" Minhee's mom said quickly, running to the door. How did she know?

He appeared at the door wearing just jeans, a sweater, sunglasses, and a cap. Minhee sighed in relief in her head that she wasn't wearing anything fancy.

"Come in, come in!"

Chanyeol stepped into the dining room and bowed to her mom. "Hi Chanyeol!" Soomi waved to him. "Sorry I look like a mess."

He laughed."Its okay, I'm just here for Minhee."

Minhee shyly grabbed her bag and walked to him. "Let's go!"

"Okay. Bye! I'll bring her back safely!" Chanyeol bowed to her mom and waved back towards Soomi. "Bye Soomi!"

"Bye! Don't do anything bad to her!"

"Arrasso! Lets go, Minhee." He grabbed her hand and Minhee's mom voluntarily opened the door for them. She winked at Chanyeol and he chuckled.

They went down the steps and she waved. "Have fun!"

"What was that about?"

"Huh?" He opened the door for her and she sat inside the car.

Coming into the driver's seat, Chanyeol smiled at her and started the car. "Mom's wink? She never winks..."

"Oh, don't worry about it! Lets go!" Chanyeol began to drive and the silence made Minhee slowly fall asleep.