Back to Normal

Oppa, saranghae!

Jiyong’s POV

I knew where to take him. He was probably in a lot of pain. I knew if I just gave him a few days, he would forget about everything and come back to us. We would be here to help him stand up again.

“Hyung” I told him. I wasn’t sure if he had fallen asleep on the way here. He had been staring out the window this whole time. Maybe he’s just too tired from everything going on and really fell asleep.

I was about to reach out and shake his shoulder to wake him up, when he said “Is this really happening?”

I didn’t know what to answer. I wasn’t sure if I did the right thing. No. I know I did. He deserves a chance to make his dreams come true. He had a bright future ahead of him.

“Hyung, let’s get you checked in” I told him, as I stepped out of the car.

I went to the back and grabbed his bags that I told him to pack. I knew a few days at this resort would help him clear his mind. I didn’t tell YG where I had brought him. He needed a few resting days anyways. They didn’t need to follow him around, that would only make things harder on him.

I walked over to the reception area and got his key and room number. “Hyung, come on!” I waved towards him to follow me.

His room was nice and it looked like it would be really comfortable. I knew he’d be alright here for a few days.

“Hyung, I have to go now. Get some rest and I’ll be back in a few days” I told him as I made my way to the door.

“Thanks Jiyong, I don’t know what I’d do without you” he said as he turned around to stare out of the window.

“Y-yeah” I told him before walking out.

This was the right thing to do. He was going to be ok. He had to be ok.

Seunghyun’s POV

Thanks to Jiyong, I would finally be able to forget about everything. I couldn’t stand being in Seoul, where everything everywhere would remind me of you. I just needed to forget. Forget about what had happened.

These last few hours have been tiring. I need to just get some rest.

I walked towards the bed and threw myself on it, not bothering to change. I was beginning to fall asleep when I thought, what are you doing ___?

No, it was time to forget about everything. To forget about you.

Your POV

A few days have passed. I had been busy catching up with school. At first I had taken a few days off but now that I was back, I was behind on everything. My teachers were ok with me missing a few days, so they gave me some time to turn everything in. ____, how could you do this. This was your last year. This is the most important year, and here you are slacking off.

I was looking up some information about my assignment in the computer room when I overheard the girls beside me talking, “What’s wrong with oppa?” I heard one girl say.

I didn’t think she had a boyfriend. I’ve been gone for so many days that I didn’t even know what was going on in my life, much less would I know about hers.

“I don’t know. I heard he was sick.” Another girl quickly told her.

“Oh no. ottoke!” the girl answered back.

“That’s not right. I heard he left the country!” another girl walking by told them.

“What, but weren’t they about to have a comeback?” one of them asked.

“Yeah, but he’ll be back on time for the comeback” the girl who had been walking by stated.

“Seunghyun oppa, I hope you’re ok” the girl said.

Seunghyun? My seunghyun? No, he wasn’t mine. I didn’t have anything to do with him anymore.

I quickly got up and made my way out of the computer room. I didn’t want to hear anymore. I didn’t care. I shouldn’t care. I gave him enough pain, I didn’t deserve to care.

I made my way back to my car, unsure of what to do. I knew I still had a little left to do before I could call it a day.

Seunghyun, are you ok? I thought to myself while reaching for my phone.

I was about to press 1, when I remembered what had happened.  I couldn’t call him, but I wanted to know if he was ok. I looked through my contacts. Jiyong! I knew he’d tell me if he was okay.

I quickly dialed the number and waited for someone to reply.

Jiyong’s POV

I was in the middle of working on a new song when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I was tired and needed a break so I decided that it would be ok to answer. I took it out not caring who it was, but rather thankful to get away from all this for a while.

“hello” I answered. There was no reply. “Hello!” I tried again. I was about to close my phone when I heard, “Jiyong?”

I froze. I haven’t heard from her since that day.

“____?” I asked, unsure if it was really her.

“Yeah” was all she replied.

“What is it?” I told her, unsure of what else to say.

“Jiyong, how’s Seunghyun doing?” she asked.

“He’s ok. Why?” I asked, not sure why I was being this way towards her. We had known each other even before she started dating Seunghyun.

“I was just wondering if he was ok” she said.

“Yeah, he is. Why wouldn’t he?” I told her. It was time for them to completely forget about each other.

“Oh. Wel-“ was all she was able to say before I cut her off. “Yeah, I gotta go. I’m busy.” I quickly told her while shutting my phone.

I was turning to walk back in the room when I noticed Seunghyun was standing behind me.

“Who were you talking to?” he said to me looking serious. I wasn’t able to say anything. He probably heard. Just when he was beginning to forget you, he had heard me talking to you.

“Was it your girlfriend?” he said while slinging his arm around my shoulder.

“W-what? No.” I told him while trying to get away.

“Ahhh. Was it your boyfriend then?” he asked me jokingly.

“TOP!” I yelled at him. “Whoa, so it was?!” he quickly said.

“No it wasn’t!” I yelled at him.

He started running down the hallway when he stopped and turned to me, “Don’t worry, I won’t tell your dirty secrets to anyone!”

“Seunghyun!” I yelled out before trying to catch up to him.

Maybe he was finally starting to get back to his old self. Maybe he had finally been able to forget you.

Your POV

He was ok. Everything I heard back there were just lies.

I felt tired. I didn’t feel up to do anything else so I decided to go home. I still had some time to make everything up so it would be alright to just finish it tomorrow.

I pulled out of the parking lot and headed home. That was what I had been doing lately. Just coming to school and staying at home. I didn’t feel like going out. I was always tired.

I finally made it to my apartment, when I heard someone call out my name.

Unsure of who it was, I turned around.

It was him again. I was surprised to see him last time, I didn’t expect to see him again.

“Are you better?” he asked as he got to where I was standing at.

“Junhyung, what are you doing here?” I asked him.

“I moved here not too long ago, I wasn’t able to tell you that last time we saw each other.” He said, trying to take my hand.

“Oh. Sorry again for troubling you that day” I told him while quickly moving my hands to hold on to the straps of my backpack.

“Don’t worry about it. Like I said, I’m here for you.” He said.

“Thanks” I told him, getting my keys out of my pockets.

“Can we talk?” he said while putting his hands in his pockets.

“Sure, let’s go to the nearby café” I told him. I wasn’t exactly sure why I was going with him. I guess I just didn’t want to be home alone again. I guess it was a good time to get out again.

Seunghyun’s POV

I had been taking it easy in the company. I haven’t been back for long. Thanks to Jiyong no one asked me what was going on. I’m glad I had a friend like him. He was like a brother to me.

I pulled up to a building. How did I get here? I guess I just can’t stop thinking about you. It still hurts but I want to see your face. I still miss you. I still love you. I’ve been trying to act like nothing is bothering me to not worry others.

I looked around to see the familiar surroundings. I had been here several times, this was like my second home. I still can’t believe it’s over.

I was about to drive away when I saw a familiar face. Your face.

A smile came on my face. This was it. I was going to finally be able to talk to you.

I took off my seatbelt, ready to rush over to your side when I noticed someone walking beside you.

It was him. The guy that was hugging you that night.

I was trying to deny everything. I guess I needed to see this to make it feel real.

I guess it was true.

I quickly put my seatbelt back on and drove away.

Your POV

You noticed a car in front of your building when you walked towards the café.

No, it couldn’t be him. You hurt him too much for him to come looking for you.

You stopped to turn and look at the car but it was already driving away.

“____, what’s wrong?” Junhyung asked as you stopped.

“Nothing, let’s go” you said leading him towards the café.

You silently walked to the café together. Neither of you spoke, and you really didn’t mind the silence. It was nice to take a walk outside.

You guys finally made it to the café and ordered 2 iced coffees.

You quickly took a seat at a table near the window. You didn’t notice Junyung was taking your hand. You looked up at him, not knowing what to say.

“____, I’m sorry for everything I did to you in the past. Give me a chance, and let me be your boyfriend.” He said.