Chapter 38

Oppa, saranghae!

 

Your POV

Is it really alright to not tell him? He has a right to know what’s going on betwe- no, what was going on between us and has now ended. He has a right to know why everyone acts the way they do when we all come together. He has a right to know that no matter what happens, Choi Seung Hyun is out of my life.

As ____ kept thinking of what to do, and how she needed to tell Junhyung of SeungHyun, she thought back to what happened between Junhyung and her and how everything had ended badly between them.

Flashback

I quickly answered my phone, thinking it was Junhyung to apologize for running late and letting me know he was on his way.

“Oppa, are you alright?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? Where are you? Let’s hang out. Oppa will treat you out tonight” I heard DooJoon reply.

“Oh, oppa. It’s you. Sorry, I’m waiting for Junhyung” I told him as I looked around.

“What? Are you saying you’re at that place waiting for him this late? Wasn’t he supposed to meet you 2 hours ago?” I heard him franticly ask.

“Oppa, don’t worry. He’s probably busy and something made him lose track of time”

“_____. Pabo. If he hasn’t shown up yet what are you still doing there?” I heard him say as I heard a door close from his side of the line.

“Oppa, you better not be coming here. I’m about to leave, there’s no point in you coming here” I told him as I looked around one last time.

“Chincha? You’re not lying to me are you?” he asked.

“No. I really am leaving.” I quickly answered.

“Pabo, make sure to go straight home. It looks like it’s about to rain.”

“Don’t worry about me oppa. I’m leaving right now. I’ll see you tomorrow” I told him.

“Araso, araso. I want you to call me as soon as you get home” he told me before hanging up.

I looked around one last time before I left just in case he made it.

On my way home I remembered how he had to finish something for his music composition class. Maybe he just got caught up on it and didn’t realize how quickly time went by, I thought to my self.

I quickly started to run towards school, knowing he was lost in the moment as he always does.

As I neared the entrance I noticed how it was really starting to look gloomy. DooJoon oppa was probably right; it looked like it would start raining any moment now.

As I was nearing the music composition classroom, I noticed a small crowd of girls huddled up by the door. I kept making my way towards the door when one of the girls grabbed my hand, stopping me.

“____, I wouldn’t go in there if I was you” she said I took a closer to look at her face. I instantly recognized her as a girl who sat 2 seats in front of me in one of my classes.

“Wae?” I asked her as I lightly tugged my hand back. “I think Junhyung is in there.”

“_____, I really don’t think you want to do that. Look I know you like him, but..” she said as she looked back to the other girls in the group.

As they all nodded to her, I waited for her to continue.

“Goo Hara is in there with him,” she said looking towards the door.

“Unnie?” I asked following her gaze. “Ah, they’re probably working on a project together”

“_____, Have you not heard what’s been going around since school has been out? Have you not checked the school chat room?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked her as I took my phone out to try to understand what she was trying to tell me. Once I got the website running, I quickly scrolled down, and froze when I saw what the topic of one of the forums.

“This can’t be true.”

“_____, Click on it. I think you should see for yourself”, she told me.

I wasn’t sure what to do or think about it. After a few seconds of standing there doing nothing, she took the phone from me and clicked on the forum herself.

Official: Junhyung+Hara: Dating

I stared at the title of the forum for a while longer before scrolling down. The pictures there made the sick feeling in stomach stronger. I felt like I would pass out or throw up any moment. There were pictures of both of them holding hands and hugging each other. The last picture made me drop my phone. I quickly went to door and yanked it open to confirm it with my own eyes if this was true. I knew it couldn’t be true. Junhyung had told me several times how Hara followed him around like a little sister and how he found it annoying.

Once I opened the door I found them together. Everything happened so fast, my chest was hurting and I could hardly breathe.

I quickly turned around and left the room and tried to get as far away as I could.