Time to Listen...

Oppa, saranghae!

Seunghyun’s POV

Someone stop that noise.

Ding dong. Ding dong.

Please my head is killing me.

Ding dong. Ding dong.

Seriously, who is trying to bother me while I’m trying to get some rest?

I opened my eyes even though the throbbing headache is telling me that it’s not a good idea. Might as well get up and get something done since someone clearly didn’t want me to get some much needed rest.

Who am I kidding; even if I wanted to get up, I just don’t have it in me.

I was finally determined to try and win ___’s heart back, but I guess I should have kept her feelings in mind. I really thought she still loved me. I guess all the love I have for her made me blind and reckless.

I don’t know how long I’ve been lying there in bed, but a shower would probably help me with this headache. I quickly grabbed a towel and started to make my way towards the door when I heard something.

I opened the door quietly, afraid it was a robber. As I peeked out I saw Jiyong’s back. I guess as I was lost in thoughts I didn’t realize he was here.

As I tried to remember what all happened, I heard him talking.

I opened the door a little wider to see who he was talking to. That’s when I saw her. ____. She was standing there in front of him.

I was about to go out and join them when I heard Jiyong speak, “You didn’t let me explain, I was telling you that I wanted to talk to you before you hung up on me.”

I don’t know what held me in place but I closed the door a little so they wouldn’t see me and just stood there, listening to them.

“I thought something happened to him”, she told Jiyong as she took a seat.

“Nothing happened. He just got drunk and had an argument with someone. I got there before anything big happened.” He told her as he got up, “do you want anything to drink?”

“No, I’m alright” she told him as he went over to the kitchen.

That’s when I remembered all that happened. After talking with her I just drove around aimlessly and ended up at Seven hyung’s bar. I didn’t plan to get drunk; I just wanted something to help me think about everything that had happened. I was doing fine until a girl started hitting on me, and her boyfriend showed up and started causing a scene. I guess the worker there had already called Jiyong to get me.

“Here” he told her as he handed her a glass.

“Thanks” she told him as she took it and quickly drank it. It was quiet cute how she was quickly drinking it. “Are you sure he’s alright?” I heard her asking him.

I guess she did worry about me. A small smile crept on my face as I saw her worried expression.

“Yeah don’t worry” Jiyong told her.

“Do you still care about him?” I heard him ask.

I leaned a little closer trying to see her expression as she answered. “No, I think I just overreacted.”

I saw her looking around the apartment and knew she was getting nervous. That’s a habit she’s always had, trying to avoid everyone’s gaze when she was nervous.

“Look, I know you still-“I saw Jiyong trying to get her attention.

“What do you need to talk about?” she asked him. It was obvious she was trying to change the subject.

I didn’t realize I was smiling like a fool. She still has the same habits she had before, and it was cute looking at her from afar.

“I was going to wait for another time to talk to you” Jiyong told her.

“Just tell me now. That way we can get it over with.” She told him.

“I really don’t think this is the appropriate place to talk about it” he told her.

“What is it about?” she asked.

I was beginning to wondering what he wanted to talk to her about as well.

“It’s about you and Seunghyun” he told her. Jiyong was probably trying to put in a good word for me; he was that kind of person.

“Well I don’t think there will ever be an appropriate place for that” she said as she got up.

I was about to get out and stop her from leaving when I saw Jiyong grab her wrist, “look I really need to talk to you”, he told her.

Jiyong was the kind of person to be persistent if he had something on his mind, and I was grateful for that now.

“Jiyong, there’s nothing going on between me and him. So there’s nothing to talk about”, she told him as she shook his hand away.

“Just listen to me, please” he pleaded with her.

“No. Everything between me and him is over” she quickly told him.

“You know that’s not true. Please just give me a few minutes” he pleaded once more.

I saw how she sat back down, and immediately smiled. Jiyong, you always get what you want don’t you. I quickly thought to myself.

Her words quickly cut off all my thoughts, “I still think this conversation is pointless.”

I noticed Jiyong closing his eyes and I could tell he was beginning to get frustrated as he spoke, “Just hear me out, please.”

She probably noticed by his expression, so she ended up just nodding.

“I know you still have feelings for Seunghyun” Jiyong said as he looked over at her again.

She was about to speak when he cut her off, “Please just listen to what I have to say and then you can tell me all you want.”

Once more she just nodded, letting him speak again.

“As I was saying, I know you still have feelings for Seunghyun. As much as you want to deny it, we all know that it’s true.” I heard Jiyong say.

That was the reason Jiyong is my best friend. Practically my brother, he has always been there for me and here he was helping me out once more.

I looked over once more to watch what was happening since I didn’t hear a reply from her. She just stood there, looking at him. I couldn’t tell what she was thinking about.

Jiyong spoke again after just sitting there, “You also know that Seunghyun still has feelings for you.”

That’s right Jiyong, keep going, I thought to myself as I heard his keep going. “So why don’t you guys just give each other another chance?”

That’s Jiyong. I always knew how you guys were close before so maybe she’ll listen to you. I should have probably thought of this before.

I heard her laugh and looked back out to see what was going on. “You can’t be serious” she said as she kept on laughing.

As Jiyong was speaking; it was her who cut him off this time, “No, Jiyong.”

I saw her get up and run her hand through her hair as she kept talking, “You really can’t be serious.”

He once again tried to speak, but wasn’t able to as she cut him off once again, “You out of all people?”

She stood there and just kept looking at him.

“You out of everyone are asking me to give it another try with Seunghyun?”

Jiyong quickly got up and held her shoulders, “I know what you’re thinking”, he told her as he held her in place.

I stood there, not knowing what to do.  What exactly was going on?

“No, Jiyong. Apparently, it looks like you don’t” ___ said as she pushed him away.

I got a closer look and noticed how she looked upset.

As I was about to step out I saw Jiyong grab her shoulder once more and speak to her, “I know I’m the last person you expect to hear this from.”

She stood there looking at him before speaking, “You’re right. You, out of everyone would be the last person who I thought would tell me this.”

The look in her eyes was one that I had never seen before. “What is this Jiyong? Is this some game for you?”

What is really going on here?

Jiyong’s words made me focus of what was going on out in the living room, “No, that’s not it. I know it’s hard to believe but I can’t stand seeing Seunghyun in pain.”

“Well maybe you should have thought about that before” she said before pushing him away.

“Look, I know what I didn’t back then was wrong. I didn’t think things would end up like this” Jiyong said in a pleading voice.

____ quickly walked over to grab her purse and made her way towards the door. She was about to leave when Jiyong stopped her.

“Just think about it” he told her.

“Think about what Jiyong? This is how it was back then” she said as she yanked her wrist away from him.

He kept trying to get her stay and not leave; “No it isn’t. I know what I did back then was wrong.”

“It’s exactly like it was back then”, she said as he pulled her arm away from him once more.

Before she kept walking to the door she stood still, “The only difference is that instead of asking me to leave him, you’re asking me to stay with him.”

I stood there motionless. I wasn’t sure what was going on anymore.

“Please just think it over” he said as she kept walking towards the door.

“No Jiyong. I’m tired of playing your games” she told him before walking out and leaving.

~~~~

Don't forget, Comments = LOVE