Chapter 37

Oppa, saranghae!

 

Junhyung’s POV

“Oppa, I think we need to talk” I heard her say as I blew on her hand.

I instantly froze, not sure of what to do. I knew what she wanted to talk to me about, as I had waited for her to trust in me for so long, but at that moment I didn’t want to hear it.

I resumed blowing her hand and asked her, “Does it hurt?”

She tugged on her hand, pulling it back. “Oppa, I really need to tell you something.”

“I think it’ll be alright as long as we put some medicine on it” I told her as I made my way to get her first aid kit.

“Oppa” I heard her call out as I came back with it and took her to sit down so I could treat her burnt hand.

“____, You don’t have to tell me anything,” I told her as I applied the medicine to her wound.

“Oppa, I think it’s something you need to know”, she said, as I could feel her staring at me.

“You know how you told me everything that happened to and between us was all in the past and that we should just look forward to the present and future?” I asked as I blew her hand to let the medicine dry up. I waited for her to say something and when she didn’t I looked up to see her face.

“Nothing matters to me. Not something that happened while we were apart. The only thing that matters now is that we’re finally back together.” I told her as I got up and put everything away.

“Well I think it’s getting late, and I should head out”, I told her as I came back.

“Let me walk you out”, she told me as I headed towards the door.

“There’s no need, just get plenty of rest and be careful with that hand” I told her as I quickly made my way out.

______, Why does my heart hurt so much in thinking of you telling me about what happened between you guys, I thought to myself as I made my way towards my car. As I got there and got in, I couldn’t help but think of how everything went wrong between us.

*Flashback*

“_______, Don’t forget to meet me at our special spot later on” I yelled out to ____ as I ran off to my next class.

“Oppa! Can’t you just tell me now what it is you need to talk to me about?!” I heard her yell out after me.

“No! If I do it now, we’ll both be late to class and you know how much you hate that!” I yelled back, thinking of how I had changed from missing so many classes to being on time for every one of them thanks to her.

“Bye, oppa!” I heard her call out as I saw her quickly run in her classroom.

As I ran into the classroom and quickly took my seat I noticed how I still had some time before the teacher came in and began the day’s lecture.

“Ya, what’s wrong with you?” I heard DooJoon ask as I stared off onto space with a wide grin on my face.

“Tonight I’m telling ______ my feeling and asking her out,” I told him as I looked over at his reaction.

“Chincha? You’re finally going to do it?” he asked with a huge grin as big as mine.

“Yeah, I’m finally going to do it”, I told him.

“About time. How long has it been? 2 months? 3 months? 4 months?” he asked as he teased me. I had been wanting to ask her out for some time now but was just too chicken to do so as I had thought she only saw me as a brother or something like that. After hearing Yoseob telling DooWoon how she told him she liked me, gave me some courage to finally confess to her.

“Ya! Snap out of it and give me details!” he yelled at me as he came closer.

“Shhhh! I want it to be a surprise!” I told him as I leaned closer to whisper to him.

“Ah, sorry” he said as he got more excited knowing it was a secret.

“I’m planning to tell her this afternoon at our secret spot” I told him.

“It’s not so secret after she showed it to me” he told me with a smirk.

“She only told you because you’re her best friend and followed her that one time,” I informed him.

“Well what did you want me to do? I was worried about her. I thought something fishy was going on”, he said with his voice lowering to a quiet whisper.

“I know, I know. I’m glad we have a very caring friend,” I told him.

“I’m glad you know that!” he quickly said.

“Shhhh!” I told him again as he was raising his voice to a yell again.

“Araso, araso. Just keep telling me what’s going to happen today,” he told me as he leaned in again.

As I kept telling him of my plans, he kept nodding his head in approval. I was glad he thought I had planned everything so well and wished me luck.

I remembered how scared I was when I first told him that I liked ____. I thought he was going to go crazy and kill me on the spot since he was so over protective of her. It surprised me that he almost crushed me to death with a hug and find out he was so happy to hear that.

As the day kept going, I started to feel even more nervous than what I had felt when I asked ____ to meet me up. I kept repeating to myself that everything would be all right.

Right when the professor told us our last class was over; I started to get a bad feeling. Knowing everything would work out fine, I pushed it aside. Had I known what was going to happen later that night, I would have been more careful.

*End Flashback*