Conflicts

Oppa, saranghae!

Junhyung’s POV

“Hyung, are you alright?”

“What are you taking about?” I asked DongWoon.

“You keep looking at your phone. Are you waiting for an important phone call?” DongWoon asked as he took a seat on the floor.

“Mankae, just leave him alone” I heard DooJoon call out as he came and took a seat beside me.

“Thanks” I told him, unsure if he heard me.

“Well, I’m gonna go take a nap” we heard DongWoon call out as he got up and went to his room.

“Just go ahead and call her already” DooJoon told me as he got my phone and hit the dial button before handing it back to me.

“I’m just making sure she got home alright” I told him as I put the phone against my ear.

“Mhmmm” I heard him mumble.

“Hey, I was just making sure you got back home alright” I said through the phone as I heard her pick up.

“Don’t worry about her. I can take care of her.” I heard someone say.

“Who is this?” I asked as I stood up.

“Who else could it be, Seunghyun? Again, don’t worry about her; I’ve got it all taken care of” I heard him say before the line went dead.

“Hello?!” I yelled at the phone.

I quickly dialed again; hoping that she would pick up this time. There was no answer; as it kept on sending me to voicemail. After a few more attempts, I grew frustrated and threw the phone towards the couch.

“What was that about?” I heard DooJoon ask me.

“It was him” I said as I ran my hand through my hair, frustrated.

“Who was it?” he asked as he got up and put a hand on my shoulder.

“It was Seunghyun. He was with her. He picked up the phone and hung up. Now her phone is off, and I can’t even talk to her” I told him as I took a seat.

“It’s probably just a misunderstanding. Don’t worry about it. You know she wouldn’t do something like that” he said.

“I’m home” I heard someone call out as they walked in the living room.

“I’m gonna go get some rest” I told them as I walked towards my room.

“Wait, I need to tell you something” I heard HyunSeung call out behind me.

“Not now” I told him as I closed the door behind me.

DooJoon’s POV

“But I really need to talk to you” HyunSeung called out as he started following Junhyung.

“Just tell him later, he needs some time alone” I called out to him before I sat in the couch again.

“But I really do need to tell him something” he said as he came over and sat beside me.

“What’s so important that it can’t wait until later?” I asked him as I turned around to look at him.

“I ran into ____ a while ago” he said as he looked down.

“So? I mean don’t get me wrong, I love running into her and I’m pretty sure you guys run into her every once in a while too.”

“Yeah, we do but that’s not it…” he said trailing off.

“Well what happened then? Don’t tell me you played another one of your pranks again.” I asked, remembering how he always thought he was so funny.

“No, I didn’t do anything!” he quickly said as he held his hands up.

“Then what is it? Quit beating around the bushes.”

“I saw her with him. Seunghyun.” he said, looking at the floor once more.

“They work together. It would be weird not seeing them together.”

“I bumped into them at the management company” he said quietly. “They were hugging in the elevator I was going to take…” he said trailing off once again.

I didn’t say anything. I wasn’t sure what to tell him. “I was about to tell Junhyung that” he said as he got up.

“No, wait. Don’t. I’ll take care of it” I told him.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Yeah, let me just take care of it.”

“Alright, then I’m gonna head to bed” he said before walking off towards his own room.

I sat down, thinking of what I should do. I knew Junhyung was already upset as it was, and he didn’t exactly like the idea of them being together. Things would just go worse when he found out what happened in the elevator.

“Hyung, are you still not asleep?” GiKwang asked as he got a cup of water.

I didn’t say anything. I was still trying to think of what would be best.

“Well, I’m calling it a night.” I heard him call out.

“Wait, I need to talk to you” I told him as I motioned for him to come over.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he took a seat.

“Do you remember what you told me that one time you gave ____ a drive?” I asked him.

He sat there thinking for a while. “Oh, yeah!” he yelled out.

“Do you by any chance remember who it was?” I asked him.

“You mean the guy I saw meet up with ___ when I was going to return her notebook she left in the car?” he asked.

“Yeah, do you by chance remember who it was?” I asked him once again.

“It’s Seunghyun” he quickly answered.

“Wait, what?” I asked, turning to look at him nod.

“I didn’t know it was him at first, but I then immediately recognized him when we did the show together” he said with another nod.

“Are you sure?” I asked, hoping that everything was really just a big misunderstanding.

“I’m positive. Do you think I should tell Junhyung?” he asked looking at me.

“No, but are you positive it was him? Maybe you mistook him for someone else. Maybe it was too dark and you don’t remember properly?”

“No hyung, I’m pretty sure it was him.”

“Araso. Now go and get some rest.” I told him before I made my way towards my room.