Preparing for the news

Smooch Me Under the Table

I sat up on my bed. This was something that I had to do. The wedding was supposed to be in 3 months, and I couldn't have them spending any more money on something that wouldn't be happening any more. I grabbed my cell phone off the table next to the hotel bed and dialed the only number I could ever reach my father at. Unlike most other girls, my relationship with my dad is far closer than that with my mother. Mostly because the woman who was acting as my mother, was not my real mom. She was wife number 3. My real mother was wife number 1, though she passed away during my birth. Wife number 2 acted as my nanny for a few years, before she divorced my father and ran off with another man, whom I believe she truly loved. The current wife is Sungjong's mother, and it's apparent she loves him a heck of a lot more than me. 

A voice interrupted my thoughts. "This is the T. Ma Company, Kim Eun Mi speaking, how may I assist you tod- Oh! Look at the number, Hae Young is that you?"

"Ahh..yeah. Can you connect me-" 

"Looking for Mr. Jung Yunho?" The secretary's peppy voice seemed ten times more irritating saying that horrid persons name.

I cleared my throat. "Not today. Can you connect me to my father?" 

"Ah. President Lee is in a meeting right now. I can have him return your call as soon as he is finished. It shouldn't be too long of a wait!" I could almost see her fake smile through the phone.

"Yes, please do that. Goodbye." I hung up.

Of course I couldn't reach him. It's nearly impossible to reach the president of a major corporation, even when you're their daughter. Even when you're the heiress of the entire company. My father did originally want Sungjonggie to inherit everything, but when Sungjong decided to become a singer, he decided that if I worked hard enough, I could do a 'mans' job. So he shipped me off to all of Korea's best schools. Got me the most highly ranked tutors, and made sure I got into Seoul University so I could major in Business. He also told me he wanted me to be a doctor, so I assume he will ship me off to med school as soon as I get my degree. It's not really what I wanted to do, or was planning to do with my life, but it's whats best for the family-

My phone rang.

"Yeoboseo?"

"Hae Young-ah. How are you? Why did you and Yunho return from Jeju so quickly?"

"Appa, I actually need to talk to you and Ummoni about something. Could we meet at your hotel? Where are you staying?" My parents didn't own a house. They owned a chain of hotels. And because they moved around countries so often, a house wasn't necessary for them. Sungjong is lucky to have a dorm. It the closest thing to a home he has ever had. I, however, have never had a place to call home.

"We are at the building in downtown Gangnam-gu. You know where it is. Penthouse suite. Make sure you don't hit the top button however because that leads straight into the bedroom. The second button from the top will get you to the front door."

"Arraso, Appa. I will be there at 7."

"Tonight is no good. Your mother and I have a prior appointment. How about tomorrow?"

"That's fine too.."

"I've missed you, Hae Young-ah. You've been studying well, right?"

"Yes, Appa, even though it's summer...."

He laughed  "See you tomorrow at 7." He hung up.

 I looked at the clock. Great. T-minus 29 hours until my certain death.  

(The Next Day: 5:30 PM)

I left the hotel room to head down to a nearby convenience store. The only thing that could ever calm me down before meeting my parents was a big steaming cup of instant ramyun. I sat down on one of the plastic chairs inside, plugged my headphones in, and ate my ramyun in peace.

I was about halfway through the bowl when I got the feeling that someone was watching me. I looked up, screamed, and tumbled out of my chair.

"What the hell are you doing here!" I said while attempting to get off of the ground. The shock made my steps uneasy and I was stumbling all over the place. When I finally made it back to my chair, I found myself looking at a grinning Kai.

"Sorry for scaring you so much." He laughed to himself again, probably replaying my failure over and over in his head.

"Stop laughing. Why are you here?" I said, pouting. 

"Same reason as you."

"You're preparing to be disowned and killed by your parents too?" I asked this question quite seriously. 

Kai looked at me like I was insane and pointed down with his chopsticks. "No.. Ramyun.."

I just noticed now that he too was also eating some ramyun. slapped my forehead feeling dumb. "Oh."

"Why are you here all dressed up?" Kai was checking out my expensive outfit.

"I need to break some news to my parents.." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"Who get's so dressed up just to tell their parents their engagement ended..." He asked himself quietly. "Well, anyway. I've got nothing to do. Need a ride?"

"Sure. Saves me some taxi fare. Drive to the T hotel in Gangnam."

"Wooh, fancy." He said in a silly voice. I laughed. 

We walked outside, and Kai unlocked his vehicle. Which just so happened to be a motorcycle. 

"You expect me to ride that in a skirt and heels?" I said, looking at him wide-eyed.

"C'mon, live a little!" He tossed me a helmet and climbed on.

I slid on carefully behind him, pulling down my skirt to keep it from riding up. 

"Well, I can't go until you hold on.." Kai turned his head, and when I didn't react, he grabbed my hands and wrapped them around his waist. And with that, he sped off. 

The speed was scary fast, and there was nothing to protect me but this helmet and the leather of Kai's jacket. I tucked my head down into the space between his neck and back. I instantly felt safer.


A/N: 

Thank you all for subscribing and commenting! Your support makes writing so much more enjoyable. Please continue to read and stay with this story until the end! We thank you so much <3333

~MadforMinho & twofourtwo