The Day Before

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV]

I smiled at Kai, and instantly his frown disappeared. He put a loose strand of my hair behind my ear, I leaned my cheek towards the warmth of his hand; he felt so right.

"Hey." He spoke, his voice soft.

"Hi." I replied, not being able to stop grinning. I giggled and got up, pulling the sheets up to my chest. Kai stayed laying down and hugged my bare waist, I shivered at his touch. He moved and put his head on my lap, I sighed in contentment and carressed his hair.

"You know I won't ever make you do anything you don't want to, right?" Kai gazed into my eyes.

I nodded. "And that includes marrying Yunho." He added. I gave him a short nod and leaned against the headboard of the bed, one hand running through Kai's hair, and the other holding up the blankets.

"We should probably get up." I suggested, looking down at him.

"We probably should. But I really dont want to." He smiled again, his face lighting up. I couldn't help but feel like the luckiest girl in the world, to have such a handsome and caring man. His plump lips, brown orbs and cute mushroom hair. He had said that everyone in EXO had a mushroom cut because of the comeback coming up. Suddenly my phone rang, Kai got up from my lap and I reached over to the night stand, grabbing my phone. My mouth instantly turned to a frown as the caller ID flashed on my phone.

"Who is it?" Kai questioned, finger combing his hair.

"Y-Yunho." I said, my thumb hovering over the answer button. Kai snatched the phone from my hand and answered it.

"What the hell do you want?" He spoke harshly into the phone. My eyes widened. Even though, they weren't exactly on good terms, Yunho was 6 years older than Kai and speaking in an informal tone was very disrespectful. I stared at Kai's face, which looked annoyed as Yunho spoke indistincly on the other line. He hung up the phone and I looked at him expectandly.

"It's nothing. Let's get up." Kai said sternly, throwing my phone on the bed. I wrapped my arms around his neck, I hated to see him angry or sad because of me. I was recently becoming the reason of all of his worries, and I hated it.

"It's okay, Hae Young. We'll be fine." Kai said, his voice softening. I pulled away and gave him a small smile.

"Moving on to more important matters, shall I call you noona?" Kai grinned, coming closer to my face. His breath was on my lips as he spoke. My breathing became uneven and I stuttered.

"U-um i-if you w-want." I shakily said, looking down. I cursed myself for looking like a high school girl in front of her crush. Except for I was 23, in college, and, well, .

"Mhmm. Now, do you want to go get dressed or should I help you, noona?" Kai asked, with a smirk on his lips.

"Oh no! I-I'm just gonna go." I pulled one of sheets around my body and stumbled into the bathroom. I heard Kai chuckling behind me as I closed the bathroom door. Looking at my reflection, I sighed. I looked awful, how does Kai even find me attractive? I jumped into the shower after locking the door. The warm water comforted me, and I applied shampoo and conditioner to my long hair.


A while later, Kai and I sat on the couch facing each other, with a cup of coffee on both of our hands.

"What am I going to do, Kai? My stepmom asked me to come to the hotel in 2 hours to get ready for my wedding." I said, worry evident in my tone. He gave me a tight smile, I could tell he was thinking a way out of this. However, in my opinion, it was impossible.

"We'll figure something out, Hae Young." Kai comforted me, putting his hand over mine.

"Yeah. Hopefully." I said, although feeling sure that I was going to have to get married to Yunho.

"I just need to ask you. You're sure that you don't love Yunho, right?" He questioned, looking down at my hand.

"Ye    um. Y-yes." I stuttered, my expression turned to one of disbelief...I couldn't believe I hesitated to say this. I was so sure that I loved Kai, I said it last night. Or was that just lust? No. It was something real, I said in my mind, trying to make myself believable.

"Hae Young. You don't have to love me...I..I would understand if    " Kai started, looking into my eyes.

"NO. No. I don't want him, Kai. He has lost my trust and I don't ever want to see him again." I said, reassuring myself more than him.

Kai was about to reply when his phone ringing interrupted him. He looked at me once more then put down his coffee. Walking over to the bed, he picked up his phone and put it to his ear.

"Hello?" Kai answered.

"Where the are you?" I raised my eyebrows at how loud the voice at other line was; I could hear everything clearly.

"I-I'm u-uh at the hotel...where you dropped me off." Kai replied hesitantly. I concentrated on drinking my coffee, putting my knees up to my chest.

"Well stop ing girls and get over here. We have rehearsels." The person on the other line said. His voice was so nice, even when he was angry and talking, I thought. It was probably someone from EXO.

"I-I can't, Baekhyun hyung. Just tell the manager I got an injury while working out, I'll see you tomorrow. Kay bye." Kai quickly said and hung up the phone before smiling at me. I uneasily smiled back, not feeling too happy about pulling him away from work.

My phone beeped with a text message and Kai picked it up from the night stand. I walked to over to him and looked over his shoulder to my phone. It was from Yunho. Kai touched the "Read" button and Yunho's message appeared.

Hey sweetheart. Go to the Bridal Shop at 3 pm. You need to get ready for our wedding. I miss you and love you, future wife.

-Future husband ;)

Kai's face turned to one of annoyance and he threw my phone on the bed. I turned him around.

"Kai...I have to go." I said, hoping he'd understand that I can't just leave my family.

"No."

"You don't understand...I can't just leave Sungjong and my father...his dying wish...was    " I started.

"No. We will find a way out of this." Kai argued, interrupting me. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight. My cheek was pressed against his chest, and he buried his face in my neck.

"K-Kai. Come on. I really can't leave them. I-I love y-you." I said, closing my eyes because of my hesitation.

"I love you." Kai replied back, not letting go of me. We stood there for at least 5 minutes, Kai refusing to let go of me.

A knock on the door interrupted us and Kai immediately let go of me and ran to the door. I rolled my eyes at his action and went to pack my stuff, I wasn't going to come back here anymore.


[Kai POV]

I ran to the door and opened it to find Kris standing there with a frown on his face.

"Kai. What the hell is up with you?" He asked sternly, folding his arms. I looked back and saw Hae Young packing her clothes and stepped out of the room, into the hallway.

"Hyung. I'm sick...ish." I said, hoping he would believe me.

"No, you're not. Who is that girl? What does she mean to you?"

"Kris. She...I love her. And I know you're going to say that I shouldn't, but I do. And I'm not going to let go of her. She's getting married and I can't let her, because she doesn't love the man...she loves me."

Kris sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow, and good luck." He patted my back and gave me a one armed hug. I nodded at him as he left. I turned back and found Hae Young sweeping all her makeup out of the dresser. I walked to her, hands in my pockets, contemplating on how to get out of this wedding crap.