A discussion

Smooch Me Under the Table

I sighed in contentment as the wind blew through my hair. I've never ridden in a motorcycle since I don't have one and niether did my boyfriends when I was younger. It felt nice, having my arms around Kai. I idiotically smiled as I looked down at my hands around his waist. They tightnened around him as the bike suddenly came to a stop. He looked back at me and smiled. 

"Here's your stop." He said. I nodded and got off the bike, making sure my skirt didn't ride up. I kept pulling it down as I got off. 

"Thanks for the ride." I beamed at him. 

"No problem." Kai said back. I didn't want him to leave. I knew I had to face my parents, but I don't think I have the courage to. I couldn't ask Kai to stay either. He's a celebrity. If fangirls found out that I was hanging out with him, then my mail would be filled with hate letters and I would probably get stabbed. Okay, so maybe not that bad. But, who knows? Fangirls can be quite intensely....voilent. 

"So I'll be going then?" Kai said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Thank you so much for the ride Kai-ssi." I bowed. 

"You're welcome. And call me Kai." He winked and drove away. I have to admit, I now understand why all those fangirls squeal over him. I shook my head and walked towards the entrace of the hotel. I took a deep breath to calm myself and pushed the doors to the entrance of my dad's hotel. As soon as I had entered, all the staff stood up to bow to me. I smiled and bowed back.

"Anneyonghaseo Ms. Lee!" My dad's too peppy secretary greeted me. I politely nodded back.

"Where's my dad?" I questioned, I winced at her wide smile. 

"Oh! Mr, Lee? Follow me, I'll show you to his hotel room." She said then went of in a certain direction. I followed her, purposely walking slower. I needed to think about this. My dad was a very understanding person, however you always needed to have a good excuse. What was my excuse? My fiancee doesn't love me so we broke up. It made me sound pathetic. I sighed as I followed the secretary into the elevator. Maybe I should say that we faked the whole engagement because Yunho loved someone else and we never really loved each other. I sighed again. I couldn't lie to my father. He and I were very close. What can I say? I never really had a "permanent" mother. The other women that my dad married were usually after his money, or just plain didn't like me. I looked over to the side and saw the secretary still smiling, for no reason. I frowned, doesn't hurt? 

"Oh! We're here, Ms Lee!" She suddenly said. I rolled my eyes and followed her into my hotel room. He had turned this room iinto his office space. He often did that. He always mentioned he needed seperate room for his work. Above this floor was my dad's private room. I walked intothe hotel room. Of course, it was huge. All the beds were gone from the room and had undergone complete transformation. Now, the place had expensive sofas to the side and a luxurious sitting area towards the end of the room. My dad's office desk was to the left of me. Sitting on top of it, was a Macbook, his iPhone and a photoframe. I thanked the secretary and told her I'll wait until my dad gets back. Thankfully, she nodded and left. I went over to his desk and picked up the photo frame. It was a picture of me and my dad on vacation in New York. This photo was taken about 12 years ago, when I was about 11. We were both wearing I Heart New York shirts and headbands that matched the one on top of The Statue of Liberty. I smiled, put it down and went over to the sitting area. I forced him to put comfortable seats in his office since I came over quite often when I was younger, and I guess he took them to whichever make-shift office he went to. I looked over and saw the view of Seoul in front of me. The end of the room was covered in floor to ceiling glass, and the view was spectacular, showing Seoul's beauty.  It was a magnificent place. I looked outside as I thought about how to break the news to my dad.

"Hey sweetie." I heard my dad's warm voice and turned around. Excitment instantly filled me as I turned around and ran to my dad, pulling him in a bone-crushing hug. I was so happy to see him after all that had happened. 

" Aish! Calm down, Hae Young-ah. You act like he died and returned from the dead!" My stepmother said as she emerged from behind my dad. I let go of him and went over to hug my stepmom. Even though, she's sometimes a , she's nicer then Mom number 2. 

"So what did you want you talk about Hae Young-ah?" My dad asked as we sat down on the sofa, with his arm around me. I stood up and went in front of my parents. I bowed my head down, as I couldn't face them because of the shame. 

"Dad. I have to tell you guys something." I said unsurely, glancing up at my dad before putting my head down again.

"What is it, Hae Young-ah? Is it money? It's okay if you spent all that I gave you. I can give   "

"It's not that." I said as I cut him off. I didn't want money from him, I just wanted him to understand.

"It's that...Yunho and I broke up." I mumbled incoherently. 

"What? Sweetie, you're going to have to talk louder. You know I can't hear very well, I'm getting older." My dad said as he chuckled. My stepmom's lips formed in a thin line. I'm sure she heard what I said at least partially.

"Dad, Yunho and I broke up." I said loud and clearly. I didn't want to lie to my own father. I decided that I would tell him everything, it was near impossible to keep anything from him. 

"What?!" My stepmother immediatly stood up. Her eyebrows were furrowed, and her eyes looked angry. I looked over at my dad, caring more about his reaction. He looked shocked as he stared at me. 

"What happened, sweetheart?" My dad said softly as he stood up too. I ran into my father's arms again as I started sobbing.

"H-he left me in Jeju. W-w-when w-we were in Jeju, he s-said he d-didn't l-love me, appa!" I said. I could feel a fresh pang of pain hit my heart as I recalled the incident. I expected my dad to pull me and scold me, telling me how it was all my fault. Instead, my dad started rubbing my back telling me it's okay. Seeing him like this made me cry even more and I tightened my hold around his torso. 

"Shhh...tell me exactly what happened, I can't understand you if you cry. You know I hate it when you cry, right?" Dad said sweetly, slowly pulling me out in front of me. I looked at him, then wiped my tears, but just like last time, they wouldn't stop rolling down my cheeks.

"What the hell happened Hae Young? He couldn't have just left you. You must've done something!" My stepmother said as she turned me away from my dad to face her.

"Cho hee-ah..." My dad started. My stepmom glared at him and he shut up. She turned to me again, expecting an answer. I stood there with my head down, letting my hair cover my face.

"Talk, Hae Young." She said sternly. I looked up at her young face. She was Sungjong's mother, but definitely didn't look old enough to be a mother. Well, she didn't have the tenderness or soft heart that mothers are supposed to have, so I guess that makes sense somehow.

"I told you, ummoni. H-he s-said he didn't love me...I didn't do anything to make him feel that way!" I said confidently as I looked at her. Her brown eyes widened in disbelief. I shook my head, I didn't get why she liked Yunho so much. 

"I'll talk to Yunho, baby girl. Everything will be alright, okay?" My dad said softly. I turned around and nodded stifly. There was a part me of that didn't want him to convnince Yunho to take me back. I didn't want to go back to him. I loved him, but I didn't. My feelings were jungled up and I couldn't think straight. My heart was going in all sorts of different directions. It would be hard to go back to a man who basically shoved the fact that he was cheating on you, directly into your face.

"For now, where are you staying Hae Young?" My dad questioned, looking at me. I cleared the hair away from my face.

"Umm...I'm living in a hotel a few miles from Sungjong's dorm. I went to visit him yesterday." I said, answering my dad. He nodded then turned to my stepmom. She quickly shook her head, as if reading his mind. I scowled. Why the hell did she hate me so much?

"Okay...well, sweetheart, I'd say just continue living there. I'll give you some money to get your own apartment." He smiled. I nodded, I knew he was going to ask me to stay with him, but my sweet stepmom instantly said no. I gave him one more hug as I went out of his office, ignoring my stepmom along the way. I could almost hear her arguing about me to my dad the instant I shut the door. I rolled my eyes and pressed the down button for the elevator.