A talk

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV]

"So should we make up a story of how we met?" Kai said as we decided to walk to the cafe where Yunho was waiting.

I raised an eyebrow. "Well...what's wrong with the way we met?"

"You're not serious, right?"

"What? I mean...I'm sure it wasn't that bad..." I trailed off as I looked at Kai. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Hae Young. You were drunk out of your mind, and crying your eyes out for Yunho. I don't think you want him know that." Kai said. I nodded, he was right. I didn't want to appear weak, I needed for him to think that I was perfectly fine.

"Okay. I tripped at you caught me, then we went out that day and started dating." I said as I thought of the situation in my head. I looked at Kai to make sure it was alright with him. He looked confused.

"So, this happened the day after you and Yunho broke up?" Kai asked.

"Mhmm. I don't care what he thinks, we're already broken up. What else can he do?" I replied, my voice breaking a little. Kai rubbed my back, making me feel comfortable. I felt safer with him, but I couldn't explain to myself what my feelings were. I could deal with my feelings for Kai later, wait did I say I had feelings for Kai? I took a deep breath and gave Kai a sweet smile  as we continued walking.

"Sooooo....when did we....ya know....kiss and...stuff first?" Kai winked at me. I laughed heartily, and slapped his arm lightly. Kai pulled his hood down lower and guided me across the street.

I took heavy steps as I neared the cafe that Yunho and I always met at. This was just like old times, I would meet Yunho at this cafe every morning before we'd go to work and he would compliment how beautiful I look that day and how much he loves me. I smiled at the memory as I headed to the cafe. I believe that those were the good times of our relationship. Yunho and I didn't fight much, we never yelled at each other. Our form of fighting was silence. However, Yunho would usually be the one who would apologize to me, even if he isn't at fault. That is what made me love him even more, I kept falling and falling into his trap...until the day he broke my heart and ran away. I shook my head at the mistake I made of trusting Yunho. 

"Hae Young. HAE YOUNG!" I was jolted back from my thoughts as I realized someone was shaking me. I looked up to see Kai's concerend face in front me. Oh yeah...he was here too. I felt myself being pulled to the left, I looked at Kai again and realized he was holding on to my arm.

"Kai...what?" 

"WHAT? You almost ran into a car! Hae Young, be careful. What are you thinking about?" Kai said in a rush, still holding on to my arm, his brown eyes filled with worry. 

I weakly smiled and took his arm off mine. 

"Sorry Kai. I'm okay. We're almost to the cafe. " I informed him as I resumed walking to the cafe. I felt better, knowing that I have someone with me. I knew it probably was selfish that I would have Kai come with, but since he volunteered first I don't see the point in going alone. That's when I realized it. What if I wasn't ready for this? I didn't trust myself, what if I went on my knees and begged Yunho to take me back? I don't want to humialiate myself and I don't want him to have the satisfaction of haven broken me. 

"Hae Young, are you ready for this?" Kai voiced my thoughts. I looked at him and shrugged. I was still hungover, and the additional headache from thinking about all this wasn't helping. 

"Kai, I appreciate you helping me. But, I will be fine. I can handle him...he used to be my fiancee." I told Kai confidently. However, even I didn't believe my own words. 

"Sure...um...are you going to go in? We're here." Kai said as he gestured to the entrance of the cafe. I looked up and saw the similar doors through which Yunho had escorted me through just weeks ago. I hadn't realized that we had already arrived. I nodded my head and took a deep breath. I held Kai's hand as he pushed the door open with the other.

We looked around at the crowded cafe with mostly couples everywhere. I looked to my left and saw a boy feeding his girlfriend ice cream as she giggled in delight. The pain in my head increased at the sight and a new pain in my chest started. I couldn't bear the sight and continued to look for my ex fiancee. Kai put a comforting arm around my shoulder and guided me to a table in the far corner. I looked closely and reazlied that it was Yunho. He was sipping on a frappucino and constantly checking his phone. I took another deep breath and let Kai lead the way as we got nearer to his table.

"Hae Young." I looked up and met Yunho's eyes as he greeted me. I instantly put all my guards up and refused to be persuaded by him. I needed to be strong and not let his words affect me. I said this in my head over and over again before I decided to speak.

"Yunho-ssi. I'm here, what do you want?" I noticed Yunho cringe slightly at my blunt tone and formal speaking. 

"Hae Young ah...wait who is this?" Yunho's eyes shifted to Kai who was sitting next to me. I looked at Kai and wasn't sure how to introduce him. Then, I felt Kai give my hand a squeeze before he stood up and stuck a hand out at Yunho.

"Hello, I am Hae Young's boyfriend, Kim Jongin. But, you can call me Kai." He said, as Yunho disbelievely shook his hand. I felt satisfied to see a little hurt in Yunho's eyes. I wanted to give him just a taste of what I  had felt that night. We all sat down, Kai and I next to each other with Yunho across from us. I heard Kai whispering words of resassurance to me and looked at Yunho. 

"Hae Young ah. I want to tell you that I didn't mean to do all that. I don't know what got into me." Yunho said, completely ignoring Kai, getting right to the point. He looked me in the eyes and I softened at his pained expression, but refused to let myself fall in love with him all over again. I stood up abrutly.

"Is this what you wanted to talk about? Yunho, I don't give a . You left me alone that night and you admitted that you cheated on me!" I let out my frustrations, yelling the truth at Yunho. He looked bewildered, but his expression immediatly calmed down, as if he had expected me to lash out. Yunho stood up too, still a soft expression on his face.

"I know. I should never have cheated on you. But, it wasn't true when I said I didn't love you. Hae Young...I love you."  My hand striked his cheek with so much force that his face turned to the left sharply, and he almost lost his footing. My body was shaking with fury and pain at the same time. My hand stung from the contact with Yunho's cheek. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks as I clenched my fists. I could feel Kai looking at me with his jaw dropped, but I didn't care. I didn't want to appear as the love smitten, weak girl that Yunho had made me. I wanted to be a strong woman and portray myself that way to Kai. I glared at Yunho as he slowly lifted his face up, his eyes filled with anger. I was a little taken back as his eyes usually remained soft and gentle, the brown orbs capturing me. However, this was different, he was quite angered with me. I ignored his expression and grabbed his collar.

"You really expect me to ing believe that? you, Yunho!" I screamed. I let go of his shirt, and grabbed Kai's hand. Why did I do that? I don't know. Kai seemed to always be present whenever I needed a friend, and right now was definitely one of those moments. I used my left hand to wipe the tears on my cheeks as I rushed out of the cafe, overwhelmed with emotions. I instanly felt guilty for slapping him and couldn't help feeling myself give in to his apologies. I knew I shouldn't feel this way and I hated myself for not being able to listen to myself.