My Story

Smooch Me Under the Table

 

[Still Hae Young POV]

I was still a little astonished by the fact that these boys were so young. I looked down at Kai who had hopped back down off the counter to check once more to see if my ankle was really okay.

"I'm okay. My ankle feels a lot better now. Thank you." I told Kai. He stood up and smiled at me. He then helped me down from the counter and made sure I can stand. As soon as I put weight on my left foot,  I could feel the pain shooting up my ankle, but tried my best to hide it. I'd given him enough trouble already. After all, he still was a stranger. I took a look at myself in the mirror and gasped. I looked horrible. This is so embarrasing. I met a Korean idol looking like this?! 

"Can you give me some time...to uh...wash my face and such?" I sheepishly asked Kai. He nodded and left the bathroom. I immediately closed the door and slid down the door. I felt depressed all of a sudden again as the reality of what happened last night dawned on me. Yunho had cheated on me, he broke off the engagement and left me in the middle of the dinner. 

[Flashback]

I nervously threw everything out of my suitcase, looking for something good to wear. I always got nervous before going on dates with Yunho, even though we've been friends since high school, dating for 3 years and already engaged. I finally found a pretty purple mini dress and decided to go with that. I hurridely went to the bathroom to change, and put some light makeup on. I heard a knock on the door, then the sound of the door opening. I gave myself a once-over, fixed my hair and bit and came out into the living room area of the hotel room.

"Hey!" Yunho said cheerfully as he entered the room, not even glancing at me. He went straight to his laptop, opened it up and started busying himself with his work.

"Oppa. Remember, we have a dinner reservation today?" I politely reminded him, folding my arms. He barely looked up. I frowned and went over next to him. We were on a vacation, and he was always either on his laptop or on the phone, talking until late hours. I had a little suspicion that he might be cheating on me...but I quickly put that thought away. 

"Yunho. We have a date today. Stop going on your computer and let's gooo." I said whining a bit, sounding like a desperate girlfriend. He finally looked up, slightly annoyed that I interrupted him. Suddendly, he smiled widely and came up to me.

"You look beautiful tonight." Yunho said as he kissed me on the cheek, then went to the bathroom to change. I stood there with a silly smile plastered on my face. He always knew how to make to feel better. But I noticed, he never kisses me on the lips anymore, not like he used to. Why did he propose? Has he lost interest in me? Those types of questions often come to my mind. I shook my head and sat down on the bed, waiting for Yunho. Distantly, I heard his voice. Was he talking on his cellphone in the bathroom?

I went up to the bathroom door and listened closely. "Yeah, no sorry I'm busy tonight...Huh? Oh, just um my friend. I have dinner with her, so I won't be able to make it. Yeah. See you. Bye." I heard his voice clearly through the door. I quickly backed away and pondered on what I just heard. He was going to go somewhere? With who? I frowned again and went back to the bed, sitting down. 

"Hey. I'm back. Let's go. The reservation is at 8." Yunho said looking down at his phone. He barely looked at me when he came out from the bathroom. I was disappointed, to say the least. I had worn his favorite color, and it was the type of dress men find...appealing. He'd called me beautiful once. But, shouldn't fiancees compliment each other more? I shrugged and put my thoughts of disappointment away. I went over to him and hooked my arm onto his,  taking his phone out of his hand and sliding it into his pocket. 

"No phone tonight." I said sweetly. I tugged on him to move, and he smiled. As I went out to the hotel room, Yunho slid the card in to lock it. We walked down the long hallway and into the elevator. I heard some commotion down the other hallway. I looked at Yunho with a confused face.

"What's that all about?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Probably some celebraties or something. Don't worry about it." He answered. I nodded and pressed the 1st floor in the elevator. We went downstairs and across the street to a restaurant. Of course, it was a fancy restaurant. We had substantialy high paying jobs, so it was always normal to go to high standard dinners or lunches. I sat down accross from Yunho. I noticed he took out his phone again, typing furiously. I glanced at the screen and what I saw made my heart stop for a second.

New Text Message: 

I miss you baby <3

I looked up at Yunho and saw a smile on his face. What the hell? What was that all about? Who sent him that? My mind was perplexed. His phone recieved another text message, I tried to look at the and all I could see were a bunch of hearts and smiley faces. Was he...? I looked down at my iPhone to check if he was texting me. However, my screen showed no new text messages. 

"Yunho, who are you   " I was cut off by the waiter greeting us and asking for our orders. Yunho quickly put his phone away and smiled at the waiter who happened to be a girl. I frowned at him, then looked at the girl. She was wearing a skirt a little too short for just taking orders and had a faint blush on her cheek as she took Yunho's order. 

"What would you like to order, Hae young?" my thoughts were interrupted as Yunho asked at me. I ordered Korean Jambalaya, and the waitress nodded as she wrote it down.

"Yunho, we need to talk about something." I said, turning back to look at Yunho before he starts going on his phone again. 

"What is it?" He asked, putting his phone aside. I took a deep breath. I couldn't just straight out ask him if he was cheating on him. I needed to think this through. There was very little chance. Yunho wasn't that kind of man. Though many girls liked him during college, he always stayed loyal to me. He even spoke up to them and told them that I was his girlfriend. I had heard some rumours that he only said that in front of me, and would sleep with those girls later on. I refused to believe those rumors, as those things just sounded absurd to me. I took another deep breath.

"Are you cheating on me?" I said bluntly. Yunho looked surprised, even I was surprised. What the hell? Why did I say that? That was not the plan. I calmed myself down and then looked up again, afraid to see Yunho's reaction. Surprisingly, he just smiled at me.

"No...of course not. Baby, why would you think that? We're engaged now. I would never do something like that to you." He answered sweetly to me, trying to work up his charm. 

"What are those texts? Those phone calls? I don't believe you." I blurted out. I really did need to control my mouth. This time, Yunho looked angry.

"Be rational, Hae Young. I told you. I'm not cheating on you. Can we drop this topic? Look the food is here." Yunho said looking in the direction of the waitress. His facial expression immediately changed as he thanked the waitress. I frowned. This isn't how it's supposed to be. She's clearly checking him out and he doesn't even mind. 

"Yunho. Look at me. What's wrong with you? Do you just not care about me?" I continued questioninghim, breaking the gaze between the waitress and Yunho.

"Lee Hae Young. You're being nonsensical. I do care about you and I'm not cheating on you." Yunho said gravely. He glanced at the waitress' receeding back once more before looking at me again.

"Don't lie to me. I know you   " I started.

"WHAT THE HELL HAE YONG?" Yunho yelled as he stood up. I jumped in my seat a little and stood up too. The people in the restaurant were staring at us now. Suddenly, Yunho grabbed my hand and yanked me out of the restaurant, our food untouched. He dragged me to the parking lot. 

"You're hurting me, Yunho. Just tell me the truth. I just want to know    " He cut me off once more.

"OKAY. You want know? FINE. I DON'T LOVE YOU." Yunho screamed at me. A tear slid down my cheek. I quickly whiped it away. 

"Oppa, don't say that. Please. I'm sorry if I messed up. I won't ask you again." I said desperately, feeling like everything was falling apart. 

"NO. It's fine. I need to say the truth. YES, I was cheating on you with my secretary and yes I was sleeping with other women!" Yunho yelled. I could feel my knees weakning. My brain soaked in the truth. He was cheating on me, he doesn't love me. My lips quivered as multiple tear drops stained my face.

"Why? I just want to know. What did I ever do wrong?!" I yelled back at him. I could feel the anger building up inside of me. 

"You're not good enough Lee Hae Young." Yunho said with no emotion on his face. Another wave of pain hit my heart and I closed my eyes. My whole world was falling apart.

"Why did you propose to me...? Why..?" I said as I started sobbing. Yunho looked emotionless and stood there. His phone started ringing, he picked it up. 

"Hello? Yeah, no it's fine. Where? Sure, I can meet you there. I'll be there in 5 minutes." Yunho said as he hung up the phone. He looked at me once more. 

"I think it's best if we stop our relationship here. There's no point in seeing each other anymore. I don't love you." Yunho said the words I was fearing the most. I loved him. I loved him so much. I fell down to my knees, unable to take the amount of pain in my heart. I expected him to comfort me, say that it's going to be okay. Instead, I saw him turn around and walk to his car. He drove away while I stayed there sobbing my heart out. I put my hand over my chest to stop my heart from hurting. I stood up and walked to the nearest bar. I wanted to forget. Forget what happened. Forget Yunho. Forget who I am. 

The bartender looked up at my tear soaked face and asked what I wanted. Next to me, there was a handsome guy flirting with that same bartender. He was probably underage, wanting alcohol. The bartender easily gave in. I guess he was gay, I could care less. He came back to me and I ordered 5 shots of vodka. He nodded, looking a little concerned. I sat down on the bar stool and waited. I wiped my tears, but they wouldn't stop coming. It was like I had an endless supply of water in my eyes.

The bartender put down the 5 shots of vodka in front of me and left. I took them one by one, finishing them within a minute. I sat there drinking, probably more than 20 shots, not caring if I get alcohol poisining. I stumbled out of the bar, crashing into people everywhere I went. I fell down the steps while exiting the bar, landing on my left ankle. No one even came up to me to see if I was okay. No one cared. I could hardly feel the pain as I got up again and went to the hotel. I blindly tried to find the lobby. There, the pain in my ankle hit me. I started cursing, trying to walk with my most likely broken ankle. As soon as I straightened up, I hit something hard and fell down, the wind knocked out of me. I started screaming in pain. 

"AHH, . ." I cursed as a fresh stream of tears started their way down my cheeks.

[End of Flashback]

As soon as my mind came back to reality, I felt food coming up my throat after remembering all that had happened. I dragged myself to the toilet and threw up.