The "Date"

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV]

Kai stopped me when we were a safe distance from the cafe. He turned me around squeezed my hand and pulled me into a tight hug. 

"Kai..." I muttered, suprised by his action. Boy, this guy loves skinship. I pushed him away, not wanting his comfort. Why was I even crying anyway? I'm crying because I slapped my ex? What is wrong with me...

Kai seemed to be slightly taken aback from my rejection for a hug, and unlinked our fingers, placing them in his pocket.

"Sorry.." He apologized quietly.

"It's okay.. I just don't want to think we have THAT kind of relationship. I don't even know why I'm crying to be quite honest." I laughed, trying to hide my tears from his sight. 

Silence.

The silence wasn't awkward. I found it hard to be awkward around Kai. He acted like another brother to me. Like Sungjong, but able to protect me, instead of buying me clothes when I got sad. I felt bad about rejecting his hug. I had a feeling that Kai might have a little crush on me, so I held onto his arm, looping mine through his. He looked down at me then back up. I could see the corners of his mouth lift up.

"Sorry you had to see that." I told him, regarding the incident with Yunho, as we resumed walking together.

"It's okay. I see you didn't really need me there though. Please don't ever slap me.  It looked painful. Who knew such a scrawny girl could pack such a punch." He teased, looking down at me, his gaze warm.

I ran out in front of him and took a boxing stance, waving my fists around similar to a boxer. " You wanna piece of this? Huh? Come on." I threw out some punches to make it seem realistic. Kai chuckled and ruffled my hair before reaching for my hand. Our arms swung in unison as we kept walking down the street. 

"Hungry?" Kai asked me, gesturing to a nearby food stand.

I nodded happily and dragged the both of us to the Ahjumma working the shop. We asked for a single serving of ddeokbokki and sat down in some of the plastic chairs. We shared the food, which was suprisingly spicier than normal. Soon enough sweat was running down my nose. Kai smirked at me before taking his napkin and wiping off the sweat on my face. I crinkled my nose and smiled at him.  

"Well. I've got a free schedule today, and I've decided that you will be my source of entertainment. What do you want to do?" Kai offered, his face bright with happiness.

I looked at him, suprised that he would want to spend a whole day with me. I'm not that appealing. I accepted anyways. 

"Hm..." I looked around the area. There was nothing down here but a bunch of businesses and the park. I then noticed the playground inside.

"Let's go swing!" I suggested excitedly.

Kai looked at me like I was insane. "What are we? Five?"

"Yep. Today I'm gonna do all the things that I didn't get to do when I was little. LETS GOOO!" I announced, getting out of my chair and running to the park.

"Hae Young! Wait up!" Kai ran after me.


[Kai POV] 

After a full afternoon of playing at the park, pranking the elderly, and climbing a tree or two, I was exhausted. Hae Young however was still full of energy. 

"I feel like I've been dancing all day." I panted, lying down on the soft grass. 

Hae Young sat beside me. "Come on! There's so much more I need to do!" 

I looked at my watch. "Hae Young, it's already 7. We should go eat something. I'm starved." My stomach grumbled accordingly. 

Hae Young started patting my stomach like it was a drumset.  " You're right. Your tummy sounds pretty hollow." She started poking me. 

"Yah! That tickles." I pushed her fingers away. 

"OOOOh, you're ticklish?" She giggled before attacking me with her fingers. 

"STOP!"

"MAKE ME!" She challenged.

I laughed. Goodness. This girl was really acting like a little kid today. I got up and pinned her to the ground, before straddling her to keep her down. I tickled her until she was squirming with giggles and begged me to stop. I left her lap and laid beside her, on my side. She looked back at me with her big golden brown eyes. It was times like these where I really wish I could just kiss her and claim her as mine, but I couldn't do that. 

"Can we PLEASE go get some food now?" I begged her, feeling my stomach ache. 

"Oh FINE. You party pooper." She jumped up before reaching her hands down to help me to stand. I kept one of her hands in mine before leading her off to a nearby restaurant. 

We sat down at the table and ordered our food. She looked out the window, searching the city. 

"What are you looking at?" I questioned her. 

She pointed out the window to a large building. "MOVIES!", She exclaimed. Take me to one." 

I dropped my head onto the table. I was really tired. There was no way I could stay awake through an entire movie, but I agreed anyway. "Fine. After we eat." 

After the meal, I regained some of my strength. As we stepped outside, the air was instantly cooler. I shivered at the brisk air. "Dang, it got cold." I commented, before looking down at Hae Young who was shaking. I took off my hoody, and placed it around her shoulders, before placing my arm around her and pulling her to my side. 

"Thanks." She looked up at me. I poked her nose. She better be thankful, as I am now wearing nothing but a tanktop and freezing cold. 

We walked to the theater and I welcomed the warm air inside. Hae Young brushed my arm off of her shoulder and returned my sweatshirt to me. 

"Pick out a movie." 

She did and I bought us some popcorn. We went to our seats. About 30 minutes into the movie, I felt a large weight on my shoulder. Hae Young's sleeping head rested on my chest. I smiled, and her hair a few times before wrapping both of my arms around her. Might as well take advantage of the oppurtunity when. I rested my head on hers and closed my eyes, eventually joining her in sleep. 

I'm not sure how long we slept like that, in that position, but a different movie was playing when I woke up. I checked my phone, it was now 1:24 am. I unwrapped myself from Hae Young and nudged her awake. 

"Guess we fell asleep. I'll take you home." I whispered to her. She nodded and leaned on me as we walked out of the theater. 

The walk to her hotel was quiet. When we got to the front I pulled her into a hug. I guess she was too tired to push me away this time, she left her hands by her sides though. I bent my head down so it was by hers, and placed a hand behind her head. "Thanks for the date." I said softly, a grin on my face.

She pulled back. "YAH! This was not a date." 

"Mmmhmm. I just spent the entire day with you, but it wasn't a date." I .

She 'punched' my chest. "No. We just spent a day together as friends." She argued sleepily. 

"Whatever you say, now go inside. A man should always make sure his date gets home safely." She stared up at me annoyed with no response. "Goodnight, Hae Young." 

Hae Young rolled her eyes at me before going inside. I watched her as she pressed the elevator doors. She looked back at me. I mouthed the word date at her and smirked as she stomped her foot. She stuck her tounge out at me, and gave me a sweet smile before she entered the elevator. 

I waved and walked towards the dorms, imagining Kyungsoo's mad face in my head.