Compromises

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Kai POV]

I sweated profusely as I moved to the beat of American hip hop. Dancing was the only way I could figure stuff out or deal with things. Maybe I shouldn't have discussed my views on gay people. I really didn't have anything against them, but what was I supposed to do?! My best friend in the world KISSED me. And now Hae Young was mad at me. The girl I liked was mad at me. I stopped dancing, turned the music off and grabbed a towel from the floor. 

I dried the sweat off my body, and hopped into the nearest bathroom down the hallway.

As I started removing my clothes someone else came in. "Oh hey Kai!" Taemin greeted.

"Hi hyung. I'm just gonna shower." Taemin nodded, but stayed in the bathroom.

"Is there something wrong, Kai?" He said. Of course Taemin knew, he was my best friend after Kyungsoo, we were trainees together.

"I'm okay. It's just some issues with...um Kyungsoo." I muttered, turning the shower on.

"You found out he liked you?"

"What?! How did you know?" I said in surprise and turned to look at Taemin.

"It was obvious, Kai. Well. I wish you the best of luck." he said, going out the door. 

What. How come I didn't notice it? I shook my head and turned the shower on again.

Cool water ran down my body, and I thought of a way to apologize to both Kyungsoo and Hae Young. I scrubbed my body with soap, making sure all the dirt came off. I felt dirty...still. Kissing Kyungsoo wasn't the problem...I just wished it was Hae Young. I wished Hae Young would kiss and confess to me. What was wrong with me? I never chased after girls, they came after me. After meeting Hae Young, things weren't the way they usually were. I dried myself with a towel after stepping out of the shower. Deciding to head out, I put on my clothes and opened the door. 

I went straight to Exo's dorms and up to my room. I was right, Kyungsoo was sitting in the corner, sulking.

"Hey buddy." I said, sitting down next to him.

"So you and Hae Young are...together now?" He asked hesitantly. I chuckled at how wide his eyes were. How could he be my hyung?

"No. Actually, she probably hates me now. Since I offended her brother...for being gay." Kyungsoo stood up suddenly. 

"Does that mean you told her I liked you?!" He said, annyonce evident in his tone.

"Hyung, sorry. But, I wanted to apologize to you for I had acted. I should've been more considerate." I said, making sure to sound as sincere and I felt about it. I want to still be best friends with Kyungsoo...I don't think life without him is even possible. 

"I...understand." Kyungsoo said slowly as he looked me in the eyes. I smiled at him, pulling him into a hug. We stayed like that for what felt like 5 minutes. Kyungsoo pulled away and grinned at me. 

"We're okay." He said, patting my shoulder, "I liked you...but that was a mistake. You will always be my friend. Just my friend." I sighed in relief. I don't think I could've handled him being mad at me for any longer.

"Thanks. You know I love you, right?" 

"Yea   "

"But not in that way! Okay?" I quickly cut him off, making sure he didn't get the wrong idea, or false hope.

"Yes, I'm fine Kai...go talk to Hae Young." He said, frowing at me. I quickly stood up, waving to Kyungsoo on the way out. 

I walked down the steps, putting my hood up on the way. There were a few girls outside the dorms and I became more alert when I realized that they were saesang fans and stopped walking. Manager Hyung had warned us that we already had saesung fans. They were mostly for Exo M, so we hadn't been that worried then. Running to the nearest wall, I took a deep breath and looked outside again to see them still there. Don't they have something better to do? I took small and quiet steps to the cafe near the dorm.

"When do you think one of them will come out?" I heard one fangirl ask. She had long, brown hair and was wearing a school uniform. From what I could see, she had a nice figure and look at least 19...so she was legal. I quickly shook the dirty thoughts out of my head.

"I don't know, let's go to the front. There's no point in standing below Suho oppa's window." Another one with glasses replied. 

I shook my head, a little relieved. They were here for Suho hyung; it's all good. I went inside the cafe and got 2 coffees. As far as I remember, Hae Young had told me yesterday that she liked coffee a lot. I payed and thanked for my coffee and headed outside again, calling a taxi. In about 15 minutes, I arrived at the hotel Hae Young was staying at and went up to the receptionist.

"Hello. How may I help you?" The woman asked.

"Can I know what room number Lee Hae Young is staying in?" I politely answered, careful to not sound like myself. I didn't want her to recognize my voice or something. She nodded and looked through her computer.

"Room 204, sir." I thanked her and went up the elevator. Hurridely, I walked down the hallway and stopped in front of Room 204. I lightly knocked and patiently waited.

"Come in!" I heard her voice, and turned the doorknob, entering the room. The room was a double suite, luxurious and comfortable. There was a warmly lit fireplace to the left and a loveseat acorss from it. The bed was in the middle of the room, with decorative pillows. To my right, I saw a coffee table with flowers and a coffee maker on it. I looked up and saw the ceiling had a huge chandilier. All the things that she told me about herself came into my mind, the room had all her favorite colors and designs. Does her dad own the hotel or something? Whatever, she sure was rich.

The door to the bathroom opened and Hae Young came outside. The previous tone of her voice immediately changed as soon as she saw that I was the one who knocked on her door."What the hell do you want?" I stared at her like an idiot when I saw her drying her hair with a towel. Her clear and perfect skin was glowing. However, there was a frown on her pretty face.

"I wanted to apologize, I'm really, really sorry. I got carried away with my words." I said sincerely. 

"Whatever. Now leave, I have stuff to do." Hae Young replied. She didn't sound like she was going to forgive me anytime soon.

I got up and went up to her, taking the towel out of her hands. I lightly touched the side of her face, moving the hair back. I leaned next to her ear and whispered my apology. How could she reject it when I was being so intimate? I smirked when I pulled back and saw her face blazing red. 

"You are not forgiven!" She yelled and grabbed my sweatshirt. She dragged me out of her room; I was very surprised by the amount of strength she had. 

"Hae Young   "

"Go away! You don't know how to respect people, Kai. You insulted your best friend and my brother. Get the hell away." She said sternly. I sighed and walked towards her again. I got down on my knees and looked up to her.

"I'm so sorry. I respect your brother and I apologized to Kyungsoo. Please forgive me." Hae Young's expression was shocked at first, but I could see her almost giving in.

"Fine. If only you agree to hang out with Sungjong once. Tomorrow. He wants to get to know you, and that's the least you can do after insulting him like that." It was my turn to be shocked and I quickly stood up.

"What? Are you serious? We're not even friends." I argued, whining like a kid.

"Well, you can become friends." 

"What if he   "

"He's not going to you, idiot. He's my brother! Plus, you need to get over your "fear" of gay people." Hae Young said, putting air quotes when she said fear. I contemplated on what she said. I needed for her to forgive me, and I would do anything. But...whatever. I just wanted her forgiveness.

"Okay. Okay. I will." I murmered. Hae Young smiled and patted my back. She walked me out of her hotel room.

"I'll forgive once you make Sungjong happy." She said, and slammed the door on my face.

Ahh...what should I do.