First Encounters

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV]

I walked down the streets and called a cab. I noticed a bike parked outside the hotel, was it Kai's? No, I was probably mistaken. Why would he wait for me? I shook my head and got into the taxi.

"To Ritz-Carlton, please." I said to the driver. He nodded and headed off in the direction of the hotel. If my dad was paying for my hotel, then I might as well stay at one of the most luxirous ones. Arriving at the hotel, I thanked the driver and went inside. A couple of the staff recognized me and bowed right away. I bowed back and went to the receptionist to get a room. I should ask Sungjong if he can meet me here, I thought as I went in the elevator. I needed company, I felt so alone. I wanted to go back appa and stay with him, but I knew my stepmom would hate that idea and I didn't feel like dealing with her.

I slid the card in to unlock my hotel room and pushed the door open. I sighed and went to the bed, collapsing on it. I took out my iPhone and texted Sungjong. I got up from bed and went to wash up. A few minutes later,I decided to brew myself some coffee. I was sipping on my coffee while watching music bank on the TV when my phone rang.

"Yobosaeyo?" I answered.

"Noona!" My brother's voice immediately put a smile on my face. Unlike his mother, he was always there for me, we were the closest of siblings, even if we were only half-siblings.

"Ah Sungjongie. You're probably wondering about my text. I wanted to ask if you wanted to meet me at the Ritz-Carlton hotel?" I said on the phone. I could hear my brother asking his manager if it was okay for him to go meet me. I knew the manager could never say no to anything relating to me. It was obvious that he liked me, but I couldn't return the same feelings to him. I waited patiently for Sungjong to answer again and sat down the couch near the bed.

"Noona, I'll be there in about 10 minutes! See you!"

"Okay. Bye Sungjong." I said and hung up the phone. I turned off the TV and went out the hotel again to get some food. 

A few minutes later, I headed back to the hotel to find a masked figure outside my door. Instantly, I searched my purse for the pepper spray I always keep with me and I took it out. The person suddenly turned around, everything was covered except for the eyes. I calmed and recognized my brother's huge chocolate brown eyes. He took off his mask and ran to me. I quickly put the pepper spray away.

"Noona! It's me. Don't spray me." Sungjong yelled as enveloped me into a hug. I chuckled and hugged him back.

"I wasn't going to Sungjong. Just don't creepily stand there, I thought it was a murderer or something." He cutely nodded and followed me inside the hotel room, helping me with the food. We sat down at the mini dining area and dug into the American food I had brought. I knew how much he loved it, but he wasn't allowed to eat it since he had to watch his diet. I smiled and watched him eat pretty much everything in sight.

"Sungjongie, slow down." I said, laughing. He looked up and me and wiped his mouth. Suddenly, his expression changed to one of concern. 

"Noona...what happened? Did you tell appa and umma?" He said, sounding concerened. I nodded slightly and told him everything. I left out the part where his mom acted like a complete to me; he didn't need to know that. His mother was always caring towards and I was happy with that. Sungjong kept nodding throughout my explanation.

"You did well, Noona. They needed to know." He said, finishing the last bit of his sandwich. He came over to me and patted me on the back, then sat me down on the bed. I looked up at him knowing he was going to suggest something.

"What is it, Sungjong?" I said as if reading his mind. 

"Noona, I was thinking. Why don't you come to my performance at M Countdown tomorrow?" Sungjong said. I thought about it. I had been to only one of Infinite's performances, and that had been when they debuted. I felt bad about not watching him for a long time. I nodded at him, and he hugged me again. 

"Of course. I'll come to your performance. I haven't watched you in long. Are you promoting The Chaser?" I asked, remembering the fangirls squealing about Infinite a few days ago.

"Yes, it's our comeback song. Oh, Noona it will be so fun!" Sungjong said, jumping up and down. I laughed and took out more sandwiches and sat down with him again. We ate together, I made sure he gained at least 2 more pounds as he was getting too thin.

[Kai POV]

"HYUNG! WE HAVE TO GET READY!" I screamed at Suho, who was taking forever in the bathroom. We had the M Countdown performance in a couple of hours and had to be there early for rehearsels. 

"I'M ALMOST DONE!" Suho screamed back. This was typical, Suho hyung always took extra long in the shower, like he hadn't showered in a month. I sighed and started pounding on the door. Kyungsoo was in our bathroom, so I came to Suho's room to use the shower. I leaned against the door with a towel in my hand. I almost fell over as the door opened abrubtly, revealing a completely wet Suho. He pushed past me and hurried to get dressed. I shook my head and hurridely went in the shower, stripping my clothes in record time and hopping in the shower. I didn't want to be late, we were still rookies and needed to gain a good reputation. Plus, alot of popular idols such as 2NE1, Super Junior, Infinite, SNSD, SHINee, Sistar, B2ST and others were performing today. I was excited to see the various girl groups, especially SNSD. Even though they were from SM too, their busy schedules hardly gave time for them to spend any time with us. 

I ran out of the bathroom to my room and hurridely put my clothes out. The van was already waiting outside our dorms, the manager sounding the horn. He was very impatient, and didn't like waiting at all. We went downstairs and met up with Exo M. Together, we made our way into the van and the 12 of us squeezed in.

The van was very loud as expected. There were conversations going on in Korean and Chinese. I was having a competition with Luhan hyung to see who can solve the Rubics Cube faster. Of course, he won. It was amazing how he solved it in under one minute.

We reached the M Countdown backstage area and were rushed into our waiting rooms to avoid any fans. As soon as we reached the waiting rooms, the makeup stylists, hair stylists and outfit coordinators went to work on us. I was given a bright green sparkly jacket with black loose pants and shiny shoes. I looked at the moniter and saw Sistar performing Loving U. I stared at them, almost drooling as they danced. 

"Close your mouth dude. You look like a desperate fanboy." Lu Han said as he smirked at me. I scoffed at him and went back to staring at Hyorin noona, my personal favorite. Suddenly, someone barged into our waiting room. I looked over and saw a familiar face. Was that Hae Young? The girl immediatly bowed and apologized, quickly closing the door. Before I had a chance to say anything or be sure if it was Hae Young, we were dragged the other way near the backstage area of the stage. 

[Hae Young POV]

I looked around, trying to find Infinite's waiting room. There were so many people in the hallways, it was hard to make out the signs on the door. I opened a door in the second hallway to the right, remembering where Sungjong had said his waiting room was. However, I came face to face with complete strangers. Oops, I thought as I apologized and rushed out the door. Ah...so embarrasing. I went further down the hallway and finally found the door with "INFINITE" written on it. This time, I knocked first and waited for someone to open the door. 

I was greeted by the manager of Infinite. He smiled and blushed upon seeing me and invited me inside. I politely nodded at him and went inside. 

"Noona!" Sungjong said as he ran over and tackled me in a hug. I almost fell backwards.

"Oof! Sungjong. Get off me." He quickly straightened up and smiled brightly at me, he almost didn't look like himself with all the makeup and fancy stage clothes. I smiled back, happy to see him. I hadn' t been in my best state recently, and Sungjong was the only person who managed to cheer me up just by smiling. 

"Come on Noona. Sit here." Sungjong said as he guided me to the sofa, next to the other Infinite members. I bowed at them as I sat down. 

"So, Hae Young-ssi, you finally decided to watch us perform?" L asked. I laughed lightly.

"Sorry, Myungsoo-ssi. I'll try to come more often. It's just that I was busy...with things." I said, my voice breaking a bit. I quickly cleared my voice. The truth was that Yunho didn't really like me going to Sungjong's concerts or getting involved with the Infinite boys. He thought they were too handsome and it made him feel insecure. I'd always comforted him by saying he was the most handsome man to me. 

"Anyways, Noona, we have to go on stage now. You can watch us through this monitor. It will be LIVE! I don't want you out in the crowd, it could be dangerous." Sungjong said pointing to a TV across the room. I nodded and wished them good luck. I hugged Sungjong once more as he went out the door, followed by the rest of Infinite.

I turned my attention to the TV and saw EXO performing. My heart started beating faster as I spotted Kai performing in the middle. He looked so handsome, dancing. I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. He's a really good dancer. I frowned as their performance ended. I waited patiently for Infinite to come on, watching Super Junior and B2ST with much interest. Super Junior had always been my favorite idols, as most of them were close to my age, and I spent my high school years fangirling over them, as they had been the hottest group at the time. I almost squealed when they started singing their new song, y Free and Single. 

I wished I had come to more of these types of events before I met Yunho. Maybe then I would be engaged to one of the Super Junior members instead of that other loser. I looked around the dressing room. I did indeed feel like a superstar. The rooms themselves weren't anything special, but to have so many important people rushing around you, preparing for the perfect performance, made you feel important yourself. Even though I got used to the fact that my brother was an idol with thousands of fans worldwide who would kill to see him...actually no, I still hadn't gotten used to that. 

One of the stylists approached me. "You're Sungjong-goon's noona arent you?" 

"Ah, yeah." I said bowing politely to the older woman.

"I'm his personal stylist. I couldn't help but notice that you two seem to have the same eyes. You are both very beautiful children." She said, smiling brightly.

"Ah, yes, we get our eyes from our father according to just about everyone we meet." 

She laughed "Well, Infinite doesn't perform until the end of the show, and I am dying to do something to that gorgeous hair of yours, would you like a makeover?" 

"Oh, wow! I would love one!" I accepted her offer graciously. Now I would really look and feel like I was an Idol myself. I smiled, very pleased. It felt like going to Disney World and getting the whole Disney Princess makeover.

When she finished, I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was now stick straight, my bangs covering my entire forehead and ending just below my eyebrows. My hair also was so much longer when it was straight, and it now reached my waist.

My makeup emphasized my eyes, making them seem longer, and cat-like but still looking huge like doll eyes at the same time. On my lips she wiped a salmon color which made my skin look pearly white with a slight blush. I couldnt stop staring at my new appearance. 

As soon as Infinite came on, my heart swelled with pride as I saw my brother. He looked very handsome, and his voice had improved a lot. I stood up as the performance ended and decided to go out to the hallways to wait for Sungjong. I was walking looking down at my phone, and crashed into a hard surface. I looked up to see Kai. I blushed and bowed in apology.

"Kai?"

"Hae Young ssi? Is that you?" He asked.  Obviously checking out my new appearance and barely recognizing me. I nodded and bowed again, noticing Chanyeol, Suho, Sehun and Baekyhun among the crowd of boys behind him.

"Anneyonghaseo Kai." I greeted him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, obviously surprised to see me here. I could hear his bandmates behind him whispering to each other and asking if I was some new solo singer.

"Oh, well, my brother is in a group called Infinite. His name is Sungjong. I came here to watch him." I said. Kai's eyes widened, and the rest of Exo had similar reactions.

"Sungjong-ssi from Infinite is your brother?! They are sunbaes that we respect a lot." Kai said as the rest of es nodded in agreement. I saw Infinite coming down the hall and I waved to Sungjong.

"Ah here he is. Come on, I'll introduce you." I said to Kai and grabbed his arm. We went down to meet Sungjong halfway down the hall. I could Sungjong eyes become excited as he saw Kai.

What was up with him?