What is Love

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Kai POV]

What the hell am I going to do? I repeated this question over and over in my head while walking down the streets into Gangnam. After ditching Sungjong, his words still echoed in my brain. This was ridiculous, I hadn't even know Hae Young that long...how could I possibly be falling for her? Actually, how could I not be falling for her. Her luminous skin, silky hair, radiant smile and of course, y bod   no. I have to stop. I need to stop thinking about her. After walking for at least 10 minutes, with my head down, did I realized that I didn't have a hoodie on...Just an expensive cardigan with a graphic tshirt and designer jeans. I was completely exposed. I lifted my head to see a few girls around my age walking down and quickly averted my gaze to the ground again. I couldn't afford to be recognized right now. With this many problems in my head, being mobbed by fangirls didn't need to be added on to the list. I folded my arms across my abdomen and bowed my head, walking to a corner in front of an alley. I could just hope that they wouldn't distinguish who I    

"OMO! It's Kai Oppa!" A scream caused me to look up. Aw, . My manager was going to kill me if any article came out about this. I wasn't supposed to go out alone at night. So, I ran.

"KAI! I LOVE YOU!" I heard numerous fangirls yell as I was running to the direction of EXO dorms. Should I even be going there? I looked back and saw that there were at least 5 girls hot on my trail. I took a sharp turn to the right and started heading towards another way. Where was I going? The sound of traffic greeted me when I turned another corner. I checked back once more to see a couple fangirls behind me. What the hell? How could they possibly keep up with me? Have I lost my agility in running? No, that cannot be possible. It must be the skinny pants. 

"OPPA! MARRY ME!" A fangirl shouted. My ears were surely going to be damaged today. How could I possibly marry her? They ask such ludicrous questions. A while after being chased by dogs, I found myself standing in front of Ritz-Carlton. Hae Young's hotel. I quickly walked in, wasting no time in standing there and being attacked.

Walking my way to the elevator, I leaned back on the wall and caught my breath. My face was probably red, and there was sweat on my forehead. After wiping my forehead and putting down the bags from the shopping trip, I took out of cell phone and pressed 1.

"What did you do, Kai?" Kyungsoo's voice greeted me. I frowned, then took a deep breath before speaking.

"I just got chased by fangirls and they almost killed me! I ran for at least a mile! ANYWAY. I'm going to be late today." I said in a rush, taking another deep breath.

"Fine. No later than 11, otherwise I'm telling Manager hyung." He replied sternly, then hung up. The elevator door opened and revealed the hallway down to Hae Young's room. I took careful steps and stopped in front of her room. Knocking exactly 3 times, I patiently waited for her to answer.

"Kai." Hae Young's smiling face greeted me. Damn, how I wish she could smile all the time.

[Hae Young POV]

My phone's ringing woke me up from my nap I had taken in the afternoon.

"Hello?" I said sleepily, not bothering to check the caller.

"Noona! It's me!" Sungjong's cherpy voice answered from the other line. I sat up, yawning.

"Oh hi Sungjongie. I just woke up from a nap."

"Of course you did. Guess what, Noona? Kai and I had the best day ever! We went shopping, I bought him clothes, and went to a movie, and he was really nice." I immediatly stood up from bed, straighning my clothes. Kai proved to not be a jerk face like I had predicted.

"Really? That's great." I grinned, genueily happy. If Sungjong was happy, I was happy.

"Noona. I have to go now, love you. I'll see you later."

"Bye, take care!" I told him, hanging up the phone.

So, he delivered on his promise. A good and a bad thing. I started to have feelings for Kai again. I know it isn't right, I shouldn't be feeling this way. However, his gentleness, his kindess, his handsomeness...everything about him seemed perfect. The way he apologizes sincerely if he had make a mistake. Suddenly, Yunho came into my thoughts. I shook my head and headed to my bathroom, deciding to freshen up.

A while later, a knocking on the door interrupted my focus on my work that I was doing for my dad.

I looked through the peephole, and found Kai standing there. A smile made it's way to my mouth and I opened the door.

"Kai." I greeted him, opening the door wider to let him in.

He grinned and entered. "Hey Hae Young."

"So, I heard from Sungjong you guys had a good time." I commented, giving him a once over...his clothing looked like something Sungjong would wear.

"Yeah. We did." He replied, sounding a little upset.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you still love Yunho?" I immediately stiffened  at his blunt question and looked down.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to....uh yeah. Uh. It's just t-that..." Kai trailed off, stuttering. I kept my head down, feeling extremely awkward. "Well of course you do, I don't even know why   "

"It's okay." I cut him off. I knew this was going to come up. We had kissed under a freaking table with Yunho right there. He had been with me when I went to talk to Yunho. I cried on his shoulder, of course he was confused about what my feelings were towards him and Yunho.

"To say the truth, I don't really know." I said honestly, looking him to find Kai staring at me with big eyes.

He nodded, and I took that as a cue to go one. "Well, we were supposed to get married. We were engaged. Everything was supposed to go right. But, that night....I think it changed everything. I felt as if he tore my heart apart. I depended on him completely, I loved him so much. That's when I realized how much I had given myself to him. It was like he controlled me. When he left me, I thought of getting wasted, and hoped that...that I would die." I managed to get out, my voice quivering. Kai put his arms around me and pulled me to him. I was engulfed in his scent, and it comforted me. I laid my head on his shoulder, wiping my tears dry. Crying wasn't an option anymore.

"I'm okay." I said, pulling back and giving him a smile.

He smiled back. "I understand you're confused about your feelings, and it's okay. I'm sorry for asking. I was just   just curious." I nodded and stepped back from him.

"Coffee?" I offered, offering him a cup from the side table.

"No thanks." He said, sitting on my bed. I sat down next to him. An awkward silence settled over us. Kai cleared his throat, and sat there, not knowing what to say.

"W-Would you like anything to eat or drink?" I offered, turning to him. 

"Um. Sure. Water would be fine." He said. I smiled and got up, and practically ran to kitchen. Oh gosh. Why is it so awkward. I poured a glass of water and set it on the kitchen table. Making my way to my bathroom, I gaped at my reflection. My face was flushed, why am I blushing?  I fixed my hair, and ran out to the living room. After sending a small smile at Kai, I ran back and got the water. 

"Here it is." 

"Thanks."

He sat there drinking his water, I swallowed and sat there like an idiot watching him. It was then I realized that I'm really attracted to him. I have feelings for him, he was the one who made me back to myself again after Yunho broke me. I knew that I feel something for Yunho too. But, I could think about that later, right? 

"Kai." I said, sitting down next to him again.

"Yes, Hae Young?" He replied. I smiled at him, and took the glass of water out of his hand, setting it on the table. NO. I shouldn't do that. 

"Um..Hae   " He started. I shifted closer to him and straddled his lap. He stared at me in shock, his hands staying by his sides.

"I really shouldn't be doing this." I said and pressed my lips to his. I started moving my lips against his, feeling no response from him. I deepened the kiss more, and finally felt Kai respond back.  Every part of my brain said I shouldn't be doing this. Ignoring myself, I pushed him back on the bed, holding myself up by putting my hands on his shoulder. Kai put his hands on my waist, and I tilted my head to get better access. I could feel myself running out of my breath, but continued kissing Kai, our lips moving in sync. Suddenly, I felt him push us back up. I looked at him in confusion, out of breath, both of our lips swollen.

"I know you just think of me as a rebound." He stated, getting off the bed.

"What?" I croaked out. 

"I'm sorry. I'm just confused." He said, and walked out of my hotel room. I laid back on my bed. What the hell was I thinking? I need to deal with Yunho and Kai. And my father's business. And my life. This was too much.