Meeting With The Devil

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV] 

I opened my eyes, feeling a hangover coming on. I felt someones arms around me, their head nuzzling into the space between my neck and my shoulder. I sat up sharply. WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I OUT? I looked down at myself, still fully clothed. I could barely remember anything about the previous night...except for that kiss. My eyes widened with fear as to who was sleeping next to me. Was it Kai?! I slowly arched my head down to make out the face of the other person. 

Thank god, it was Sungjonggie. 

I laid back down and looked at my brother. I felt sorry for him. He has to put up with a ty sister, he has to work all day everyday, has to live in a house full of 6 other gorgeous guys while pretending to be straight, and has to maintain his image. I moved his bangs out of his eyes, and his hair. He always seems so happy. I would hate to see the day that he finally breaks down and turns out like me; a mess. I admit, ever since Yunho has left me, I've been a mess. I've already skipped a week of classes, and at this point I have no intentions of returning to school. I kissed his forehead and slipped out of bed. I changed clothes,grabbed my purse, and left the hotel. It would be terrible for his image if he was caught leaving with me, even if we are siblings. People would start accusing him of or something equally insane. I hailed a cab and asked him to drive me to Dosan park. I exited the cab and started strolling. I needed to walk this hangover off. As I was walking, my cell phone rang.

I looked at the number. It was Yunho. I hit ignore and kept walking. By the 5th call I finally decided to answer.

"What the hell do you want so badly as to call me 5 times in 2 minutes?" I barked into the phone.

"Hi, Hae Young." He responded weakly. 

"I'm hanging up." 

"WAIT. Wait wait wait. Don't hang up." He begged.

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you. In person. Please, we need to work some things out." 

"I'm not in the mood. I'm hung-" I stopped my sentence, not wanting him to know that I was drinking, but unfortunately he got the message.

"Then lets go out for coffee, where are you?" He asked eagerly. 

"It doesn't matter where I am. Lets just meet where we used to." I hung up.

I laid down on a the nearest bench, screamed into my hands and kicked my legs around. Why did I agree to meet him? What am I thinking? He's going to think I'm desperate! I sat up, to find nearby ahjummas gossiping to each other about my sanity.  I looked around, and there was Kai, jogging down the path. I laid back down on the bench and threw another tantrum. This time when I sat up, I was face to face with Kai, who was crouching down next to my face.

"AH. YAH! You scared me!" I exclaimed, clutching my chest, trying to calm my heart from the suprise. 

"And you're scaring every living being in this park with your screaming." He said cooly, and pushed my legs off the bench so he could sit next to me. 

"Why are you here?" I questioned him.

"Isn't that obvious? I saw you look at me jogging before you started spazzing again." He retorted.

"Oh..yeah." I looked at Kai. Fresh sweat was dripping down his neck, and the tips of his bangs were stuck to his forehead.  His breathing was fast and heavy, though he didn't look tired at all. He was wearing a grey tank top, with a ring of sweat around the collar, and basketball shorts which were pulled down just a bit too low, revealing the Calvin Klein elastic band of his underwear. 

He wiped his forehead, with his arm, before pulling off his tank top to use as a makeshift towel, revealing his perfect upper body, which was glimmering with sweat. I was completely immersed in his body, and then a large hand came waving in front of my face, knocking me back to reality.

"Done looking yet?" Kai said, laughing at me.

"What, I wasn't looking at you...I was.. looking at that flower." I pointed at the ground, and as he looked behind him, I sped off in the opposite direction.

I heard Kai chuckle as he ran after me. He caught up after a few seconds and he grabbed my elbow to first slow me, and he flipped me around to face him. 

"Are you running away from me?" He said, looking dumbfounded, a smile still on his lips. 

"Uh, no its just that I rememberd that I had to meet Yunho." I said, staring at his face. It was too close again, bringing memories of the previous night back. I looked into Kai's eyes. He had this glittering passion in them that made them look so different from anyone else's. As I looked at them longer, I started growing infatuated with them, hating it everytime he blinked.

"Yunho? Why.." Kai said, concern apparant in his voice.

"He said that we needed to talk things out or something like that. I don't know. I might as well hear what he has to say." I reasoned.

"Why? I thought you hated him? Why are you going to put yourself through the pain of seeing him?" 

"Why are you acting so protective? I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself, so stop being so..worried." I said, slightly annoyed at how Kai was acting.

He started moving his hand up and down my upper arm, caressing it sweetly. "Let me come with you then. He thinks we're dating, so tell him you were on a date with me when he called. That way I can beat him up if he does something weird."

"Kai, we're not dating. I don't know if kissing to you means that we're a couple but--"

"I know. I'm not dumb. Just let me go with you. I'm done with my workout anyway."

"Fine.." I agreed. I didn't actually mind having him with me in case something were to happen.

"Good." He smiled and grabbed my hand, intertwining my fingers with his. "Might as well start acting that we're dating now, in case he sees." 

I looked up at Kai and laughed at how much he seemed to be enjoying this.