Phobia

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Kai POV]

The pain in my back woke me up early. I kicked off the blanket I was tangled under. I don't remember putting a blanket on..And why am I on the couch? Then the memories of the previous night resurfaced. Kyungsoo, my best friend, kissed me and told me that he had feelings for me. How am I supposed to react to that? I don't like guys! I could never like another man. Kyungsoo was my best friend though. I know I would never want anything more than his friendship. He has gotten me through the roughest times and I've spent some of the best times of my life with him, and this is how I repay him. Breaking his heart. I ruffled my hair in frustration and left the couch.I marched back to my bedroom, and threw on some workout clothes. I looked at Kyungsoo. Even though he was older than me, I always thought he was baby-faced and cute. I grabbed a post-it note off the desk and wrote "Sorry, Best Friend." on it, and stuck it on Kyungsoo's forehead before heading to one of the vancant practice rooms. Sometimes all I could do was dance off some of my problems.


[Hae Young POV] 

The giant smile on my face woke me up early. I snuggled into my fluffy blanket as I remembered the previous night. It really was fantastic. I hated to say it out loud, but I was actually starting to like Kai. He was younger than me, but that didn't matter. I remember when I felt like this when I first liked Yunho. Except with Yunho I fell for him in a matter of hours. Kai just gave me this feeling when I was with him that I never experienced with Yunho. Kai treated me as if I was more important than anyone else, and he made me feel special. I felt bad though, for pretending to be asleep during the movie. Truthfully I just wanted to rest my head on him, but when he wrapped his arms around me... it sent shivers down my spine. I needed to see him again. I decided to man up and call him.

"Yoboseyo?" Kai answered his phone, breathing heavily.

"Ah, Kai it's Hae Young. Am I disturbing something?" 

"Yeah, I'm actually in the middle of banging a girl right now, so if you could call back later..." He responded casually.

My eyes widened and I immediatly hung up the phone, throwing it to the foot of my bed. Less than 20 seconds later, it rang again.

"I-Uh- I'm sorry for disturbing you.." I muttered, answering the phone.

Kai's laughter exploded through the phone. "I was kidding! Do you really think that I would be doing a different girl after our wonderful date last night?" 

"H-HEY. That was not a date." I lied.  "Well, what are you doing then?" 

"Practicing. Wanna come over? I could use a dance partner." 

It wasn't long before I was knocking on a practice room door inside SM Entertainment, and Kai greeted me in all of his sweaty glory.

"Oh, you actually came." He sounded suprised. 

"Meh, I was bored." I said, before walking into the practice room, brushing past Kai's shoulder. 

I sat and watched Kai as he practiced the performance numbers for Exo, never failing to impress me. It was a little awkward when his crotch was being ed about 2 feet away frrom my face causing my mouth to open, but then again, I really didn't mind. The next thing I knew, Kai was reaching his hand down to me, and pulling me off of my . 

"May I have this dance?" He said in a funny accent, bowing down and offering his hand.

"You're so cheesy." I smiled.

Kai began twirling me around the room ballroom style, lifting me here and there, and dipping me down to the ground once in a while. We were both laughing the whole time at my awkward dancing, and the only reason I wasn't falling straight onto my face was because Kai was controlling mostly everything I did with my body. He would grab my leg or arm with his big, warm hands, and whisper into my ear what he wanted me to do next. I'm sure if someone was watching, they would think we were doing something much less innocent than just dancing. I guess Kai thought so too, as he pulled me up and placed his lips on my collarbone. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him, my knees getting weak.

"When you're a dancer, you always have to show your partner a little passion." He breathed on me, before moving his mouth up to my cheek and giving it a light peck. 

"Yah! Is this what you do with all of your other friends?" I . 

He pulled me into a close hug, his sweaty arms wrapping around my waist. I nuzzled my face into his neck and inhaled his smell. Even though he was sweaty, he didn't smell bad. He smelled y. A loud banging made me jump, I looked behind me to find the source of the noise, but only found a shut door. Kai pulled away from our hug. 

"Dammit!" He cursed pulling away from me, and sliding his body down the mirrored wall to a crouched position, his head hung low.

"What? What was that?" I walked over to him. 

"It's Kyungsoo. He's being an ." Kai glared at the closed door. 

I looked at the door, figuring that Kyungsoo had slammed it shut. "Did he see us or something? Is he jealous of you?" I asked Kai, thinking that maybe Kyungsoo had developed feelings for me. 

"Not me. You. He's jealous of you." Kai said angrily. 

"M-me? Why is he jealous of me?" My brain wasn't registering this new information.

"He-" Kai stopped mid sentence. 

"He what?" I said, placing a hand on Kai's arm, urging him to go on.

"He said he.. He said he has feelings for me. Those kind of feelings. The kind of feelings guys shouldn't have for each other."

"You mean he's gay?!" I exclaimed, suprised at this news. "But he was grinding on a bunch of girls at the club! He sure as heck never seemed gay to me."

"Yeah, he didn't to me either, until he kissed me last night." 

Jealousy started building up inside of me. "He kissed you?" 

"It was so wrong! Guys shouldn't kiss each other! God, I can't believe my best friend is gay. And gay for me!"

"Well whats wrong with him being gay..?" I contradicted.

"Because! He's gonna try and make some move at me, in attempts to make me become like him!" Kai whined.

"Like him? What's that supposed to mean, Kai?  You sound like a homophobe or something." I said a bit harshly.

"I'm not a homophobe. I just don't like being involved with a gay guy! Hae Young, I live with him! What if he me in my sleep or something?!" 

"You're being ridiculous, Kai. Why would he you? He's still your best friend! Nothing has changed."

"Everything has changed! I can't be around him anymore without the constant fear that he's gonna kiss me again! It was disgusting! I can't believe I kissed another man." 

"What you're saying about him is really wrong, Kai. You've been friends with him for years, and he's probably felt this way for a while before he got the courage to actually confess to you. He's never done anything before, so why be so scared of him now?" I yelled at him. He was getting on my nerves.

"Because he's g-" 

I cut him off. "Because he's gay?! What the hell is so wrong with being gay, Kai? Sungjong is gay, and he's one of the greatest people I know! Listen to yourself! Listen to how you're speaking about your hyung, and best friend!" 

"Sunjong is gay too? Figures, I could tell by the way he struts around in girly clothes, making googly eyes at every guy that walks past him." 

That was the last straw. I wasn't going to let him talk rudely about other people to me.

I got up and left the room, slamming the door on my way out. No one can talk about my brother that way. All the feelings I temporarily had for Kai were now gone.