Strangers

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV]

Woohyun was right about this cafe being filled with celebrities. Literally every person in here was famous for something, and none of them were being bothered by fans or paparazzi. To my right I saw Se7en sipping on chai tea. To my left Jay Park was feeding a pastry to a girl. 

"Jay Park has a girlfriend?!" I whispered to Woohyun. 

"Hmm, I guess so. If celebrities want to date without being noticed, this is the best place to do it. Thats why I can bring you here no problem." He winked at me.

I slapped his arm lightly. "This is not a date. This is me buying you coffee to apoligize for intruding last night."

He shook his head. "Nuh uh. I'm the man, and you are sad, so I am buying the coffee."

I didn't protest. I didn't have very much cash on me anyway, and my father cut off my old credit cards so he could get a different plan for me, now that I would be married....

How was I supposed to tell my parents about this? Maybe I could convince Sungjong to do it for me...No, I wouldn't make my brother do that. I was going to have do it myself, but I could think about that later.

Woohyun ordered an Americano and an apple pound cake for us to share. I got a caramel frappucino that tasted like heaven. We chose a seat near the window of the cafe. While Woohyun stared outside, I looked excitedly around the inside. Honestly, I was starstruck. Sure, I had met a few celebrities in my life because of Sungjong, and my father, but I never got to sit with them just casually. None of us were dressed up for some event, we were just sitting in a cafe, sipping our worries away. 

"Stop staring at people.." Woohyun tapped my cheek so my face turned to him instead of T.O.P, whom I was currently checking out. "They're gonna realize that you're a fan."

"Oh..sorry." I timidly took a sip of my drink and broke off a piece of the cake to nibble one. 

Suddenly a crowd of fangirls ran past our window. I pulled my hood up again, and looked away from the window. I wasn't going to be the reason Woohyun was caught in some scandal.

Woohyun laughed and pulled my hood down again. "Stop worrying so much. The windows are tinted. They look dark from the outside. There is no way that those fans can see inside. Here, watch."

Woohyun proceeded to stick his face up to the window, doing some serious aegyo. A fangirl stopped outside, and turned to face the window, right where Woohyun was currently posing. I froze, thinking Woohyun was caught, but the girl simply started fixing her hair in the reflection the other side of the window gave. Woohyun pressed his lips to the glass and pretended to kiss the girl. She simply ran away to catch up with the crowd.

"See?" Woohyun laughed and blew kisses in the direction the girl ran. 

"I wonder who they were running after..." 

"Ah, I bet it was the rookies. But those fans obviously got tricked. Here, they are coming in now." Woohyun gestured his head towards the door, which was being opened by a tall, curly haired boy. Woohyun waved at him, and got out of his seat to greet the boy. 

"Hey, Channie!" Woohyun said while giving the boy a friendly hug. "Back from vacation already?"

"Hi hyung. Yeah. Us four are just coming here to get coffee for the other guys. They are recording still, and it could be a while."

"Awh. Thats nice. And nice to see you again Suho." Woohyun patted a second boy on the back. 

'Channie' started talking again. "So are you here alone? If you are you should totally come out with us. We planned on doing a little shopping before bringing this coffee back to the studio."

Woohyun looked back at me. "Ahh.. I wish I could, but I don't want to leave her alone. This is my friend Hae Young. She is Sungjonggie's noona." 

I stood and bowed to the curly haired boy. "Nice to meet you, I'm Chanyeol."  He greeted me.

Two other boys follwed in behind Chanyeol and Suho. 

Woohyun continued to introduce me to the others. "This is Suho, he is the leader of Exo - K."

'Exo?' I thought to myself. 'That sounds familiar...'

Another boy squeezed inbetween Suho and Chanyeol and bowed to me. "This is Sehun. He is the maknae."

"And this is...." The 3 boys seperated to reveal..

"Kai?!" I said, surprised.

"Oh.. you know Kai?" Woohyun looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

Kai looked at me like he had just seen a ghost. 

"Hae Young-ssi...?" 

"Annyeonghasaeyo.." I bowed to him politely.

He bowed back. "Funny seeing you here" I chuckled uncomfortably and heard Kai mumble "or anywhere..." under his breath. 

"Hey, well maybe while you two catch up, we can steal Woohyun and go shopping!" Chanyeol said before whisking Woohyun and the other boys out the door with him, leaving Kai and I alone. 

"Here, sit down.." I guestered to the seat across from mine.

"Mm." 


[Kai POV] 

We made small talk for a while. Got to know each other a little better. She told me how she had been doing, and I told her how taking care of her, made my vacation a little more interesting. 

She looked so much prettier when she wasn't drunk or sick. She looked like a normal person. Her clothes were casual, but fit her nicely. Her long wavy hair, was no longer in knots and looked soft and shiny. Her makeup was clean and natural. She didn't seem like the same person. She seemed stronger, less like a glass vase that you had to be careful not to break.

The sun hit her cheeks as she looked out the window, she almost looked happy, but I could tell there was a sadness in her eyes. 

Suddenly that sadness turned to fear, as she ducked her head down on the table. 

"What is it?" I looked out the table to see what she could be looking at. All I saw was a group of young businessmen.

"That guy. He's my fiancee." 

"Fiancee..?" I furrorwed my eyebrows. Of course this girl has a fiancee. I mean she's gorgeous. She was also 23. A prime time for pretty girls to get married off.

"Well...ex-fiancee. I can't let him see me here!" At least he was her ex-fiancee... but at the same time I also felt bad. It must've to lose a fiancee, being so close to marriage, and having it all crumble apart. 

"That might be an issue. Those guysare walking in our direction." I looked away from the group of men and back to where Hae Young was sitting. Her seat was empty. 

"Hae Young- ssi?" I yelled through the cafe. One of the business men looked in my direction, but then back at the cashier. I felt a tug on my pants, and the next thing I knew I was being dragged under the table next to her. 

"What are you-" Hae Young pressed one of her slim fingers to my lips.

"SHHHH! You had to yell my name through the cafe didn't you?!" She whispered.

"smmmmmhyy" I tried to apoligize through my closed lips. 

A pair of shiny black shoes made their way into view under the tablecloth that covered our table. Hae Young's eyes widened as the shoes stopped directly at our booth.  We both started panicking as a finger reached around the bottom of the fabric.

The next thing I knew, Hae Young's finger was off of my lips, and was replaced with her's smashing into mine. She wrapped her arms around me as we crouched under the table. I fell backwards in suprise of her kiss. She took advantage of this and climbed on top of me, knocking her head in the process. She didn't seem to mind and stayed completely focused on our lips. I was about to wrap my arms around her tiny waist, and take advantage of this moment that had been blessed upon me   

And then she stopped. The table cloth had been lifted completely, and there crouched a handsome man, dressed in a nice suit. He looked strangely familiar. He looked at Hae Young and then at me. His face was puzzled and he frowned.

"Hae Young-ah?" 

"Oohh, Y-Y-Yunho-ssi, what are you doing here?" She stuttered while straightening her hair and clothes. 

This man was her fiancee. And she only kissed me to distract him. My heart sank. One of the best kisses of my life was only used so she could avoid her fiancee.