Delayed Effect

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Kai POV]

I knew in some ways this was very wrong. We shouldn't be doing this, not kissing and making out like this. But, I didn't care. Hae Young made me feel so happy, and I couldn't deny it whenever I thought about her. Right now, kissing her felt like I was the happiest person. We broke away at the same time, gasping for air. Hae Young pulled my head down my her shoulder and I loved the smell of her. I buried my head in the crook of her neck, taking her scent in. I kissed her neck once when I felt her stiffen. Assuming she wasn't comfortable with this, I lifted my head up to apologize but I saw her eyes were focused somewhere else. I turned around and saw Kyungsoo and Sungjong staring at us, their mouths hanging open. , I thought. I wasn't sure how to explain this. Kyungsoo won't be leninet about this. He doesn't like Hae Young, and doesn't approve of us being together at all. I felt Hae Young pull herself completely away from me. 

"So...this is where you were, Noona." Sungjong's voice broke me away from my thoughts, and I quickly positioned myself close to Hae Young again. She looked very guilty, it hurt my heart to see that she regreted what happened. On the other hand, I did not.

"Sungjong. I don't know what happened. I think I had too much to drink..." Hae Young said in a rush, but her sentence was interuppted by her own hiccuping. She really did have a lot to drink tonight. And why is she explaining herself to her brother? They didn't seem to involved with each other's social or love lives.

"Noona...we should go home." Sungjong said in a stern voice. I raised an eyebrow, despite being younger than her, he seemed to have the authority of an older brother. I felt Hae Young nod beside me. However, I held her arm as she started to walk towards Sungjong.

"Hae Young, I'm sorry." I said, looking straight into her eyes, which now looked confused. Hae Young just stared at me for a while before bowing and moving towards her brother. I was a bit surprised at her action, but let her be when I saw Kyungsoo gesturing me to come over to him. I gave Hae Young one last look as she was receeding towards her brother before I made my way to Kyungsoo.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Kyungsoo shook me as soon as we exited the club and started walking towards the car. 

"Um...I-I don't know. Dude, it was just a kiss. Let's go." I said, scratching my head, feeling a little confused. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and dragged me towards the car.

To say the truth, I can't deny that I felt the sparks between us. It wasn't just because she was drunk, I would never take advantage of her. I knew she must've felt something, otherwise she wouldn't return the kiss with such passion. However, the regret in her eyes was also undeniable. Could it be possible that she was still in love with her ex fiancee? I shook my head. I didn't want to believe that. He left her alone in Jeju island by herself. If I wouldn't have found her that night, who knows what could've happened. On the other hand, I couldn't help but have a feeling that her brother, Sungjong sunbae might be gay. I didn't have anything against gay people, and I knew I had a large amount of male fans, but it would be weird if things got..personal.

"Kai, buckle up." Kyungsoo's voice brought me back to reality. I looked over at him and saw his disappointed expression. It frustrated the hell out of me.

"Kyungsoo. Loosen up! Why are you so against Hae Young?" I finally bursted out in anger. He looked a bit surprised at my tone, but resumed his poker face as he started the car.

"You don't know her. She might just be using you, what if you get caught in a scandal? What would happen then?" He questioned, staring straight at me. I put my head down in shame. He was right, I couldn't risk my image for her. I barely knew her, but I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't care about her. I cared more what she thought about me that what anyone else did. I pressed the button for the window to come down and let the fresh air hit my face as we drove down the highway. 

[Hae Young POV]

What the hell?! What have I done. Aish...crap. . I looked over at Sungjong from the passengers seat and winced at his expression; he didn't look happy at all. 

"Sungjongie...why are you...mad?" I said, patting his arm, hoping to loosen him up a bit. He suddenly whipped his head in my direction, I sunk back in my seat, knowing all too well his mad experssion. He was rarely ever mad at me, but when he was, it was not good news.

"Why?! Noona, I find you against the wall of a club with your mouth glued to a stranger you barely know. An idol, nonethless. I've told you over and over to not get involved with an idol.." I sighed, I knew this already. I still felt a but woozy, I wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or the kiss. I hiccuped and put my hand over my mouth, afraid Sungjong would get even more mad. Suddenly, I started laughing. This was way too ridiculous. I kissed Kai?! From EXO-K?! I laughed uncontrobally while Sungjong kept glancing at me with concerned looks. 

"Noona...calm down. Ah...why did you drink so much?" Sungjong said, his voiced filled with concern as he tried to keep his eyes on his road. 

"S-sungjong, I'm sorry, but this is way too funny. I-I'm so stupid." I said breathlessly, holding on to the seat to calm myself down. Soon, my hotel came into view and I started waving at it. I felt even more ridiculous and slapped my knee while giggling.

"Okay. Let's get out. Here I'll help you." Sungjong said after getting out of his car and coming to over to my side. I grabbed his arm, trying to keep myself standing as I got out. However, I collapsed in Sungjong's arms. I could feel the alcohol finally taking affect. I felt lighter, happier. I giggled again for no reason putting all my weight on Sungjong. He staggered, then regain his postured and picked me up, slinging me over his shoulder, kicking the door shut with his foot. 

"Sungjongie, when did you grow strong?" I slurred as I poked my brother's shoulder. He rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath. I saw some lights flashing towards my left and put my hand over mouth.

"Sungjong, look there are fireworks...except they are white." I giggled, pointing to the left. Sungjong looked startled and rushed inside the hotel, got the key from a bewildered looking receptionist and ran up the stairs.

"That was the paparazzi. I hope they didn't see us." Sungjong said, with worry in his voice. I nodded, only partially hearing him.

Parazzi? Was it some kind of pizza? The door unlocked and Sungjong dropped me on the bed. He started pacing around and making calls on his cell phone. I was confused...should I laugh at how stupid he looks right now? I giggled again.

"Sungjongie...are you okay? Wait, is this about you being gay? If it's that, then know that I'm completely...."

"Noona! Go to sleep!" Sungjong interrupted me with a harsh voice. I gasped, was he allowed to talk like this? I nodded at my brother's back, and laid my head down on the pillow. It seemed uncomfortable so I smacked the pillow a few times before laying my head on it again.

"Sungjong, can you come next to me? I don't want to be alone...and Kai...Yunho...no one is here." I said, my tone turning sad all of a sudden. Sunjong quickly turned around and laid down next to me. I relaxed in his arms, he smelled delicious. Also, he had awesome fashion sense, he was perfect. I am jealous of my brother. And of his legs. Especially his legs.

"You know I'm jealous--" I started, but before I could finish my sentence, I out.


A/N: Thank you guys so much for subscribing and commenting. We appreciate it. Please keep reading and commenting. Thank you again for the support. <333

madforminho & twofourtwo