Hangover

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV]

I found myself returning to conciousness from my sleep and felt a steady pounding that echoed through my head. I tried to open my eyes, but the sunlight was blinding and took the banging in my head to a whole new level. I pulled the fluffy blanket over my eyes to shield out the excess light which my eyelids couldn't keep from seeping into my eyes. The next thing I noticed was the searing pain shooting up my left ankle. I opened my eyes under the covers and lifted my head slightly so I could see my body. I was still wearing the same outfit from last night, barely anything had changed, except now my left ankle was swollen to the size of a large tomato, looking just as red. I laid my head back down, and brought the blanket I was holding over my head down to my mouth. I bit it as hard as I could to try and bear with the pain of my apparantly broken ankle. I tried once again to open my eyes, and the brightness was somewhat less excrutiating. I stared up at the white ceiling of a strange room. 

Where was I? How did I get here? WHY IS MY ANKLE BROKEN? 

I started breathing faster panicking. I sat up in my bed, no matter how much my aching head told me not to. Then I remembered. This must be Yunho and I's room. I looked to my left expecting to see the sweet face of a sleeping Yunho, but the space next to me was empty. I looked to my right.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed, and then immediately held my hands over my ears. Even my own voice was too loud for me.

The boy in the bed across from me woke up startled. He turned around and whispered something. I sat frozen in my bed. Another boy rose up behind the first boy's back, and looked at me, wide-eyed. 

"AHHHH!" I screamed again, suprised to see yet another strange boy in Yunho and I's hotel room. I immediately regretted screaming again, and grabbed my forehead trying to calm the fierce ringing in my ears. I was about to start yelling at the boys and ask them why they decided it would be okay to intrude in someone else's room, but then I realized something. This wasn't my fiance and I's room. This room, though similar, was slightly different. The window had a view of the ocean, instead of the city. This room had two smaller beds, instead of one large bed. This room had two young boys, instead of my Yunho. 

"W-wh-where am I?" I asked them panicked. I realized I had absolutely no memory of last night whatsoever. 

"Ahh, so you woke up..?" the boy laying down said. The boy who was sitting up, remained silent.

"W-who are you?" 

"The guy you ran into last night. Seeing that you had passed out, and had a broken ankle, I just carried you back here."

"What?"

"She probably doesn't remember anything..." The sitting boy said staring down at the one laying next to him. 

I just stared at both of them, while they discussed what they should do with me. The one sitting up was cute. He had large, innocent eyes and short black hair that contrasted his white skin. He looked thin, but still had a bit of muscle on his arms. He looked flustered and kept glancing over at me during their private conversation. The other boy however had a completely different feel to him. He was well built and tan. His dark hair was slightly longer and fell over his eyes, and became a whole new kind of messy with each turn of his head. His eyes were cat-like and his thick lips always seemed to be arched into a mischevious grin. They seemed to finish their talk, and 'good hair' turned over on his side again to look at me.

"What's your name?" He said, a blank expression on his face.

"Um...It's Lee Hae Young."

"Your age?"

"23..."

"Your relationship status?" He smiled. This question earned him a smack on the shoulder from 'big eyes'. They began arguing amongst themselves, probably about how they shouldn't be asking some drunk girl they found if she's single.

While they were bickering, I remembered something about last night. The whole reason I got so drunk in the first place. Jung Yunho. For the past few months I had suspected him of cheating, sleeping around with his coworkers, and stealing money from my family as well as myself. I should've never offered him such a high level job at my fathers company. I called him out on his actions last night at dinner. At first, he had denied any such thing, but after my continous questionings, he admitted to my accusations and broke off our engagement. I started crying again.

'Big eyes' saw that I was crying. "She's crying again!" he said tapping his friends shoulder. 'Good hair' turned to look at me again, this time he sat up.

"What's wrong? I'm sorry if my question offended you.."

"Annnottthattt-ahhhhh, Mahhfiaaannnnsayyyy-ahhhh, chhheaatmeeewomannnn." I said between sobs. 

"I did not understand any of that. Umm but Hae Young-ssi.. I think we should take you to the hospital.. your ankle is definitely broken." 

I continued crying. 'Good Hair' got up out of bed entirely. I stopped crying for a bit when I noticed how good looking he really was. But wait, I can't think another man is good looking! I am an engaged woman! Wait... noooo I'm not... This thought led me to more tears. I was bawling, and the tears didn't stop when the young man picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bathroom. He propped me up on the counter and called his friend in. He moved my legs to the side very carefully so he could access the cabinet that was below them. He pulled out a small black bag. I was too emotional to worry about what might he be doing.

'Big eyes' came over to me and patted my shoulder, telling me not to cry. He was awkward at first, as if he'd never seen a girl cry beofre. He grabbed a box of tissues and started wiping the tears off my cheeks. 'Good hair' was still below me, and carefully held the toe of my left foot in his hand to move my leg closer to him. I winced.

"Ohh, I'm sorry.." He looked up at me. He looked much younger than me from this angle. He grabbed a piece of tan fabric and ever so gently wrapped it around the swollen part of my leg. Though it was a painful process, he successfully tightned it around my ankle, making it feel slightly better.

"You know, that I look at it up close, I don't think it's broken. I think you just sprained it, and bruised it up pretty badly. I think some ice will bring the swelling down... Hyung, can you go ask for some ice from the hotel restaurant?"  

The boy who was tending to my tears nodded and left the room. 

'Good hair' stood up and then placed himself next to me on the bathroom counter. 

I wasn't crying as severly this time, so I was at least able to make out a sentence. "Thanks....you are?"

"I'm suprised you had to ask." He laughed. "Almost every girl on this island is an Exo fan. Well since you're obviously not... I'm Kai, and my friend is Kyungsoo. We're idols in a group called Exo."

"And you are how old?"

"We are both 19, but Kyungsoo is a bit older."

"You're 19?" I was shocked at how young they actually were. I shook my head. I thought they had to be at least 21, but 19?