Runaway

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV]

My lungs were begging for air, my breath coming out in gasps as I continously pushed myself to keep running. The sight of a girl running in a wedding dress with bare feet was probably amusing for the people outside. I ignored the stares, heading to an alleyway to escape anyone who could potentially force me to go back to Yunho.

I finally stopped running, sitting down on the ground, brushing the loose strands of my hair out of my face.

As soon as my breathing calmed down, I looked around to make sure no one was around and lifted my dress up, taking my phone out of the pockets of my shorts that I had worn underneath. Sungjong's face greeted me as soon as I turned my phone on. I contemplated on whether I should answer it, but gave up. I needed to answer my brother.

"Yobeoseyo?" I said, nervous for the yelling that was about to come.

"Kai is looking for you." Sungjong replied, his voice sounding mad as hell.

"Sungj     " I started.

"HAE YOUNG! Where are you?!" Kai's worried voice interrupted me. My heart swelled in happiness as soon as I heard his voice. Tears gathered at the brim of my eyes, I looked around trying to figure out where I was. Darkness surrounded me two walls on either side of me. I frantically searched for any signs, finding nothing but an old warehouse in the distance.

"I-I don't know, Kai!" I panicked, standing up.

"Don't worry. It's okay. Just tell me which way you went."

"I-I went..um..l-left. T-then, I passed my hotel, then to the r-right, I think. I d-don't know." I stuttered, tears streaming down my face. The sky was getting darker, with raindrops falling.

"It's okay! I'll find you. Wait for me, okay?" I nodded at his voice, then hung up. I walked back to the wall and sat down against it, bring my arms around my shoulders to keep myself warm. Soon, my eyes closed.



I opened my eyes, hearing voices coming in from the end of the alleyway. Realizing where I was, I quickly stood up trying to hide myself. It wasn't much help that I was wearing a white, very noticable wedding dress, now drenched in water. I was about to run the other way, when a voice I recognized started calling my name.

I turned around, seeing Kai in a hoodie, with Sungjong standing next to him, worry plastered in both their faces. I ran down the pathway, straight into Sungjong's open arms. I wrapped my arms around his waist, crying on his shoulder. His arms my back, trying to calm me down from shaking. He pulled away, holding me at an arms length.

"Are you okay, Noona?" He said gently, thunder sounded right after he spoke. I jumped, startled and hugged him again. Refusing to pull away, I kept my arms around Sungjong's frame, feeling it was the only place I couldn't be hurt. It was pathetic, I was older than him, I should be taking care of him. Instead my face was buried in his shoulder, he was the only family I had left.

"Let's go to the hotel, Kai." I heard Sungjong speak, it was then I remembered Kai was there too. I clinged on to Sungjong, not wanting to face Kai right now.

"Noona, I'm gonna need you to walk." Sungjong gently shook me, taking my arms off him. I nodded, holding his hand instead and leaning on him.

I could feel Kai move next to me, his hand brushed against mine, and I felt the feeling of comfort washing over me. We walked down the streets of Gangnam, Sungjong had a cap on his head, while Kai had his hood pulled down, and I was in the middle of them, in my wedding dress. I was married. To Yunho. Reality kept hitting me over and over again, hurting me physically and emotionally. We finally arrived at the entrance of the hotel. I looked up at Sungjong, he hugged me once more.

"Noona. I'm so sorry. I have to go."

"W-what?" I croaked out.

"Kai will stay with you. I'll come back tomorrow morning. Okay?" I nodded at him, he gave me a smile before nodding Kai and went out the door. Kai went to the receptionist and asked for the keys to my room before walking back to me.

"Let's go." He said. I took shaky steps to the elevator, my back sore along with my feet, which were most likely covered in blisters.

Kai guided me to the elevator, and pressed the button to the fourth floor. My lips were trembling; I wanted to talk, but found myself unable to say anything. It was at times like this that only Sungjong and my father could get me to talk and give me comfort. The doors dinged opened and I willed my feet to take painful steps down the hallway, my face cringed at the pain on my feet.

Kai opened the door to the room and I walked inside carefully, trying not to injure my feet more.

"Hae Young?" I turned around at his voice, his expression was a mix of tiredness and concern.

"K-kai." I replied, slowly sitting down on the couch, he walked over and sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry." He sounded sincere, his eyes full of regret. I smiled, I didn't even deserve him. He cared so much for me, compromising his career to take care of me.

"It's okay. It was going to happen. There was nothing you could do stop it. But, thank you for coming in and taking me away from him, Kai. This wasn't your fault so don't even think about blaming yourself." I told him, putting my hand over his.

He still looked unconvinced that I had forgiven him. "I won't let him even try to touch you, okay? Nothing will happen. But, I'm really sorry. You'll get a divorce. I can take you to court tomorrow and force that son of a to come, he won't be able to refuse. I'll beat him up or some     "

I cut him off, pressing my lips to his. He instantly reacted, his hands around my waist. I moved closer to him, my lips moving along his. He lifted me up and set me on his lap. I put my arms around his neck, pulling away from him for air. His lips found their way down to my neck, kissing me everywhere he saw exposed skin. I leaned my head back, enjoying the gentleness of his kisses, erasing the kiss with Yunho from my memory. I pulled his face back up, and our lips connected once again, Kai started pushing me back, laying me down on the couch. I shook my head and pushed him away.

"W-what's wrong?" He asked, out of breath, sounding a little annoyed.

"I'm married."

"No, you're not. Listen to me. We'll fix this. Okay?" His expression instantly changed, and his hand reached out to caress my hair. I closed my eyes and sighed. I got up from the couch, and took Kai's hand, walking over to the bed.

He followed me and sat down next to me.

"What about your career as an idol?" I asked him, I knew he loved me, but I couldn't take him away from his career or his fans.

"What about it? We don't have to make our relationship pub    or we could, if you want." He said in a hurry, desperately trying to comfort me.

"Okay." I replied.

"Okay." He smiled and leaned in once again. My eyes closed upon the contact of our lips, and I was once again lost in the magic of our love. I hadn't thought I would be able to ever love anyone again. Kai's appearence in my life changed everything, along with my perspective of love. He moved down to my neck again. I ran my hands down his the front of his shirt, savoring every moment.

He had promised that last night wouldn't be our last, and delivered upon it. I giggled as his breath tickled my neck and I felt him smile against my skin. He did the same thing again, his breath tickling me even more, I laughed and layed back on the bed. Kai pulled away and stared at my face, hovering over me. He grinned and pecked my lips before rolling off me and got off the bed.

"I'm going to get coffee, and we'll continue where we left off. Alright?" He winked at me.

"Mmk." I smiled at him and headed to the bathroom, grabbing a towel from the chair.