The Will

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Kai POV]

I sighed. "Kyungsoo's going to kill me."

Hae Young also sighed next to me. "I have to take over my father's company." So, we both had problems.

I smiled at her and heard my phone buzzing somewhere. She sat up, streching her arms. I almost got lost staring at her, when I heard my phone buzzing again. Ripping the covers off us, I sat up, looking around for my phone.

"What's wrong?" Hae Young asked, rubbing her eyes cutely. I grinned.

"It's just my phone. Do you know where it is?" I asked as she got up from bed. She started looking for it as well under the covers.

"Oh found it." I heard her say, I looked over to see her holding my cell phone.

"Thanks." I said, smiling at her again. I couldn't seem to not smile at her whenever I looked at her.

"I'm just gonna head to the bathroom. Okay?" Hae Young said, putting her hair up in a ponytail and drawing the curtains.

I squinted at the bright light and nodded. My phone buzzed again in my hand and I looked at the caller. Great, I was going to get yelled at this early in the morning. Seriously? Answering the phone, I braced myself for the yelling.

"Yob   "

"KIM JONGIN. WHERE THE ARE YOU? YOU DID NOT COME HOME LAST NIGHT. DID YOU KNOW HOW ING WORRIED I WAS? ARE YOU EVEN ING ALIVE?!..." I winced and pulled the phone away from my ear to let Kyungsoo finish all his rambling.

"Hey buddy. Stop swearing. Yes, I'm alive." I finally spoke when I couldn't hear his voice anymore. I heard him sigh over the phone.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sounding concerned. I grinned, he just worries too much.

"Yes. I'm fine. It's not the first time I haven't been home all night." I reminded him. I used to go out with girls every weekend, spending the night at their houses most of the time.

"Yes, but ever since you met Hae Young you haven't    wait. You were with Hae Young, weren't you?" He asked suspiciously. I rolled my eyes.

"I was. She needed me. Kyungsoo...her dad died." I said, making sure Hae Young was still in the bathroom.

"What? Is she okay?" His voice immediatly softened, becoming concered again.

"I don't think so. She cried all last night." I told him, staring at the door of the bathroom. I had never been more worried for anyone before. Of course, that doesn't include Kyungsoo. Hae Young...I had no idea how she got this close to my heart in just a few weeks.

"You didn't...sleep with her right?" He asked hesitantly.

"No! I just went to sleep with her." I rolled my eys.

"I'm sorry, Kai. But, you're gonna have to go straight to Inkigayo. We have to record our performance in 2 hours." I sighed, knowing that I was going to have to leave. I couldn't just not go. It would ruin my reputation, and probably my career. I didn't want to disappoint my fans either. After telling Kyungsoo I'd be there in 20 minutes and I didn't need an despite his nagging that I would die in the hands of fangirls, I hung up the phone.

Hae Young came out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel. She had another towel wrapped around her body. I swallowed and it took all my willpower to look away from her.

"I'm sorry Hae Young, but I n-need to go. I'll check up on you later." I said, still looking down.

"Okay. Go. You need to go your job, and I'll get to doing mine." I heard her voice. She came closer to me and pulled me into a hug. I embraced her fresh scent and her hair. It smelled like blueberries, which happened to be my favorite fruit. She pulled away, smiling at me.

I ran my hands through her hair one more time and headed out the door, waving. She waved back, but I could see the sadness in her eyes. I felt extremely guilty leaving her like that. But, what else could I do?

All the way back and to Inkigayo, I kept cursing my idol life under my breath. Why did I have to be an idol? If I wasn't, I could be with Hae Young right now. In her room. She was standing there with a towel on. I slapped myself on the head and continued to the broadcast station.


[Hae Young POV]

I bit my lip to stop tears from forming. I felt weak, alone and broken after Kai walked out of the hotel room. I finally collapsed near the bed, crying my eyes out. I laid there, , for a half hour, grieving my father's death. I miss him so much, it felt unrealistic.  How can he possibly be...dead? The sounds of my sobs were interrupted by a phone call. I pulled myself together, and put my towel on around my body again from where it had falled off.

"Yoboseyo?" I answered, my throat dry. I felt dehydrated. I walked to the kitched, pouring myself a glass of water.

"Yes. Hello. Ms. Lee, this is Mr. Lee Tae Kang's lawyer. We have met once. I was calling for the discussion of his will." He spoke formally.

"Oh. Um. Yeah. Sure. What time do you need me to be there?" I said, putting down the glass of water. The reality of my father's death kept hitting my over and over again.

"7 pm at his main suite would be fine, ma'am." He replied. "If that's okay with you." He quickly added.

"Yes,it's fine. I'll be there." I replied and hung up, not bothering to say goodbye. I still had the whole day to mope around my room. I went back inside the bathroom to wash my face of the fresh tears that had fallen. Why is my life falling apart like this? Maybe I did something wrong in my past life, I told myself. Probably killed a few babies. Yep, it's karma. And karma is a .

Two hours later, I sat on my bed, dressed in a business suit and pencil skirt. I the T.V. and flipped through the channels until I saw one with Kai's face on it. I quickly increased the volume. They were on Ikigayo and were having a backstage interview. I stared at Kai's face the whole interview, the small guy with the big eyes was the one mostly talking about the album promotions. I recognized he was the guy at the hotel in Jeju Island who helped me along with Kai, it was Kyungsoo. Kai sneezed just before they were about to thank the reporters. I unconsiously giggled, and watched them formally greet the audience. After watching MAMA, I turned the T.V. off right as Super Junior came on. They used to be my favorite group...but, what does that matter now?

A few hours later, I was standing in front of my father's suite. I took a deep breath then knocked on the door.

"Ah Ms. Lee, come in." I was greeted by my father's secretary. I nodded at her, glad that her chipperness was not currently there.

"Please take a seat." My dad's lawyer spoke up. I noticed Sungjong and my step mother sitting down on the couch, I took a seat next to my brother. He put his a hand around my shoulder and pulled me in close. I leaned on his shoulder, comforted by his being there. I completely ignored my stepmother, I didn't have the patience or will to deal with her.

"Mr. Lee was a great man..." The lawyer started and I zoned out. It was like he was reading at my father' funeral. My thoughts wandered to back to the nights my father would take me out on father-daughter "dates" and when he had to miss one he would always bring me ice cream, ignoring my first stepmom's concerns over me getting sick. And when I did get sick, he wouldn't go to work and stayed with me in bed all day. I loved him more than anyone else. I had just assumed he would be there for the rest of my life.

"Noona, are you okay?" Sungjong's gentle voice brought me back to reality. I nodded at him and lifted my head from his shoulder, looking at the lawyer.

"Alright. Mr. Lee has written that the houses that he used to own in the past have been registered to Mr. Lee Sungjong and Ms. Lee Hae Young. He has given 45 percent of his stocks to Mrs. Lee, and the rest are now owned by Ms. Hae Young, making her CEO." I nodded, my father sure knew how to handle my stepmom.

"The hotels that are privately owned by Mr. Lee in the South Korea have been handed over Mrs. Lee. She now has full control over the exchanges and staff of those hotels. The rest of the overseas hotels in all other countries are registered to Ms. Hae Young." The lawyer continued. I sighed as I felt my shoulders get heavy, the weight of the responsibilites dawning on me. I was going to make Sungjong the owner to half the hotels given to me anyway. I wanted him to take over as soon as he was finished with his idol life.

The lawyer drabbled on and on, listing the ownership of my dad's most treasured business stocks and accounts. The last statement finally caught my attention.

"This company is now officially Ms. Lee Hae Young's company. She is the sole owner and CEO." I smiled and signed the papers, using my favorite pen that my dad had given me in high scohol. I had signed every important thing with it.

My family got up and shook hands with the lawyer. I bowed to my stepmom and was about to head out.

"Wait, Ms. Hae Young." The lawyer called.

"Yes?" I replied, coming back in front of him. He waited until the rest of the staff was gone and my stepmother, Sungjong and I were the last ones remaining.

"Mr. Lee has also stated one last thing in the will." He said, looking at each of us.

I gestured for him to go one. Sungjong and I looked at each other with confusion.

"It says, and I quote. "In the best interest of my daughter Lee Hae Young, my dying wish is that she will be betrothed and married to Jung Yunho."

I stood there in shock, my eyes widened.