Mixed Feelings

Smooch Me Under the Table

[Hae Young POV]

My heart stopped beating as I pulled away from Kai and faced Yunho. He did not look particularly pleasant. I crawled from under the table and stood up. Next to me, Kai managed to untangle himself from the table cloth and got up as well. I looked at Kai once more before turning around to face Yunho.

"What the hell was that, Hae Young?" Yunho questioned, frowning. I had to stop myself from scoffing at his question. He was acting like we were still engaged.  Why does he care what I do? I purposely kissed Kai to prove to him that he didn't matter to me anymore and I was able to move on. My feelings were messed up from the confusion of the kiss with Kai. I was so fazed that I could hardly focus on Yunho.

"Nothing...I was just with Kai. He's a friend. Kai this is Jung Yunho. and Yunho-ssi this is Kai from Exo K." I introduced them hestitantly, feeling extremely awkward. Some people...let me correct that...Some celebreties were looking over to the commotion caused by the table flipping over. I gave them a small smile and turned back to Yunho. I could hardly concentrate. 

"What are you doing here, Yunho-ssi?" I asked Yunho. I finally looked at him in his eyes, and I could immediatly feel myself weakning. The scars that he had given my heart weren't healed yet. However, I didn't want him to see me as a weak or emtional girl again. Not after how he treated me and left me in the parking lot. I tried my best to not let my real emotions on my face, and pulled on my poker face.

"I should be asking you that. What are you doing kissing strangers? Is this what you've become?" I could feel Kai stiffen next to me. My lips quivered as I thought of an answer for him. I was so close to falling on my knees and asking for him back. But, I couldn't do that. He cheated on me, he doesn't love me. I kept repeating these words to myself to avoid melting down then and there.

"No. It's none of your buisiness what I do. You broke up with me, remember?" I said confidently staring right at Yunho's eyes. I started to walk past him when he grabbed my hand. I tried to twist my hand our of grip, but he was stronger. I turned around and faced him once more, tears at the brim of my eyes.

"Look...I think we need to talk about what happened in Jeju    " Yunho started.

I cut him off. "There's nothing to talk about. You admitted that you cheated on me. You didn't respect how much I loved you, Yunho." I said, tears now falling from my eyes. I couldn't believe this was happening in a cafe full of Korea's top stars. I wiped my tears away quickly and ran out of the cafe. I saw Yunho sigh and roll his eyes from the corner of my eyes as I ran away. I felt more pain in my heart. Does he think I would come back to him after he broke my heart and left me? I didn't even know if he wanted me back. No matter how much I had wanted to hug him and asked for him to take me back, I couldn't. I couldn't let myself get hurt like that again. I kept running and ended up in a park. I sat on the bench and cried my heart out. I put my hands on my face, too embarrased by what had happened. I felt the chilly air and shivered a little. This was ridiculous.

I felt like I had nobody left. I didn't have the courage left in me to tell my parents that Yunho and I had broken up. And I just kissed Kai, he was practically a stranger. The worst thing was that....I liked it. I liked the kiss we shared. I held my face in my hands as I kept crying. I sat there for at least 10 more minutes, probably looking ridiculous to all the people walking by. They most likely thought I was crazy, crying in the middle of a park like that. Maybe I was crazy. I don't even know anymore. I couldn't stop the tears frrom coming.

I looked up and saw a tissue in front my eyes. I sat up more and saw a hooded figure in front me. Instinctvely, I backed away in my seat. The stranger shook the tissue in his hand, and put it more in front of me. I hestitantly took it and wiped my eyes and blew my nose. I looked up at him again, and he let his hood down a little. It was then I realized that it was Kai. My eyes widened and I immediately stood up. 

"Are you okay?" Kai asked, gently smiling. I felt a rush of happiness as I saw Kai's smiling face. I nodded slightly and sat down again, moving over to give him space to sit down. He sat down next to me and put a hand on back, rubbing it gently. 

"T-thanks." I said, stuttering. My face reddened, as I rememered the kiss earlier. I quickly looked away and hid my face. How was I supposed to explain that to him? And how the hell am I supposed to explain to myself why I liked it? I swallowed and took a peek at Kai. He was still smiling at me, sitting next to me. I felt guilty all of a sudden, using him like that. He defintely didn't deserve that. He only seemed to appear at times when I'm crying or sick. 

"I'm sorry...for what happened at the cafe..." I trailed off, blushing furiously. I couldn't even look at him. 

"It's okay, Hae young-ssi...I understand. I just want to see if you were okay, since your fiancee..." Kai said as he looked at me. I could hear a tinge of sadness in his voice. I looked at him and smiled. 

"I'm okay. Yeah...he...he was my ex fiancee...we uh...broke up because of.." I couldn't continue and started crying again. I felt embarrased and stupid. Kai put his arms around me and I leaned on his shoulder. I just needed someone right now. Yunho had made me feel so alone and seeing him again made those emotions stir up again. It was only two days ago that he had left me. It was too soon to face him again. I still loved him. I couldn't stop myself from loving him. But, at the same time I felt so safe in Kai's arms. That kiss, I knew I didn't have to kiss him, but I did. For some reason, I felt better thinking about the kiss. 

"Will you mind telling me what happened, Hae Young-ssi?" Kai's voice broke me away from my thoughts. I looked up at him and straightned up. 

"Kai-ssi, you need to go...fans might recognize you or something. Again, I'm very sorry about today. I hope you can forgive me." I said as I stood up, ignoring his question. I knew I couldn't do this to Kai, I barely knew him and he had seen enough of my problems already. I bowed to him and picked my purse from the bench. 

"Hae Young-ssi. Don't think of yourself as alone. If you need someone to talk to...I'll always be here." Kai said, standing up. I gave him a small smile and turned to leave. Kai grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug. I was surprised at first, my arms at my side as he pulled me closer to her wrapping his arms around my back. His body felt so warm and comfortable. I smiled into the hug and put my arms around him. We stood like that for a while until I heard some girls talking nearby. I quickly let go of Kai, I had enough problems already, I didn't need to be involved in a scandal. I started to walk away as Kai waved. I waved back and walked back to my car that was parked near Sungjong's dorm.

I looked up as nightfall fell over. Where was I going to go? I decided to stay at a hotel a few miles from Sungjong's place. I quickly checked in and opened the door. I sat down on the bed, and thought about today. I refused to cry about Yunho anymore. I was confused on what I felt about Kai. Hell, we were still speaking formally to each other after what had happened. I smiled again at the memory of the kiss. I fell back into the bed and squealed into the pillow like a high school girl. Then I sat up again. I needed to think of how to break the news that I'm not getting married anymore to my parents.