A Christmas Duet?

Dating the King of Jerks

 

Chapter 8: A Christmas Duet?

 

I arrived to our entertainment with the girls. We all were sleepy, it was very early and we had to rehearse. Yes, everyone is on winter break and we have to work, being an artist brings a lot of sacrifices with.

We came in the practice room and we started rehearsing our Christmas Special Performance. After a couple of practices, it was finally time for a break.

Manager Kim called me and I walked towards him.

“What happens?” I asked him.

“The presidents of Bling Entertainment (our entertainment) and Starship Entertainment want you and Youngmin to do a Christmas Special Performance. It will be a duet between you both”

“What?” I said.

“I said the same when my manager told me mushroom head, but guess what? We can’t get rid of this. So we have to rehearse” Youngmin said from behind. I rolled my eyes.

“So… what song will we sing?” I asked Manager Kim.

“Santa Claus is coming to town” our managers said grinning like idiots.

“Woo, I’m so excited…” I said sarcastically with a poker face.

“Oh! C’mon guys don’t be like that. It’s Christmas cheer up!” Manager Kim said.

“Okay, okay. We need to go to the studio to rehearse” I said.

We went together to the studio. Our vocal teachers were there. I hope they don’t scold me a lot because of my sing.

They gave us the lyrics sheet. I took a deep breath. I can’t believe I’m doing a duet with the jerky, I’d prefer to do a duet with Taemin! Ok, stop whining Sumi and just do your job.

“We made some musical arrangements for making the song more cheerful and joyful. So, Taylor you will start singing” my vocal teacher said.

“You better watch out 
You better not cry 
You better not pout 
I'm telling you why 
Santa Claus is coming to town”

I started singing. My manager gave me a disappointed look.

“What?” I said.

“You have to sing it all cheered up! You need to do it happily” Manager Kim said.

“Okay, I’ll do it happily” I said faking a smile and started again.

“You better watch out 
You better not cry 
You better not pout 
I'm telling you why 
Santa Claus is coming to town”

Youngmin then continued…

“He's making a list 
He's checking it twice 
Gonna find out who's naughty and nice 
Santa Claus is coming to town”

I have to accept the jerky has a good voice. Then, we both continued singing together. We sang the song like twenty times.

We finished rehearsing. Our managers clapped together, they were happy we did it great, I guess.

“Good job mushroom head. I didn’t know you sang” jerky said smirking.

“Thanks. You also sing very well” I said smiling.

“Of course I sing well, who do you think you’re talking with?” he said arrogantly.

“Whatever jerky” I said rolling my eyes.

“What did you call me?” he said with angry eyes.

“Jerky. If you call me mushroom head, then I’ll call you jerky” I said and stuck him out my tongue.

“Aish! You’re not good at nicknames piggy mushroom. Jerky it’s not that funny”

“Bu it perfectly fits you. It’s not like you’re funny”

We continued rehearsing our song for a long while. Then I went to my dorm to get ready for the performing. We went to our Music Bank’s dressing room.

We were ready. I was so happy because I was wearing a cute Christmas outfit, well, it’s still tomboy style, but it’s cute at the same time. I was wearing a cute gray black with a snowman, a pair of jeans, black with gold sneakers and red hat and scarf.

Honestly, I was very nervous about the performance with the jerky. I mean, I’m very confident on stage when it comes to rapping, but I’m not very confident about my singing. Aish! I think I’m going crazy!

The girls did the Christmas Special performance. I wanted to perform with them, but I have to perform with the jerky.

I walked out and met with Changbum, well actually with all 100%.

“Sumi!” he ran to me happily and hugged me. “Merry Christmas!” he said smiling.

“Do you know her?” Someone of them, I guess he’s the leader, asked.

“Yes, Sumi is my best friend” Changbum said smiling.

“So, you really know Taylor? Wow! Why didn’t you tell us?” other said. “I’m your fan! I love your raps. You’re amazing!” he said with brightened eyes and approached to me.

“Thanks” I said.

“Oh! I’m sorry! I’ll introduce them to you Sumi” Changbum said.

Yes, Changbummie that would help a lot because I don’t know their names.

“First, he’s the leader Minwoo. SangHoon, HyukJin, JongHwan, Chanyong and Rokhyun” Changbum said.

So, it turns out my fan’s name is Chanyong.

“Nice to meet you all, I’m Taylor from Kpop Queens” I said bowing.

“Nice to meet you Taylor” they said in unison.

They walked back to their dressing room, but Changbum stayed with me.

“You didn’t perform with your group, right?” he said.

“No, I didn’t. I will make a special performance with Youngmin” I said.

“Oh! I see. I guess I have to go, see you later Sumi and Merry Christmas!” he said cheerfully.

“Merry Christmas Changbum!” I said smiling.

He waved his hand and walked back to his dressing room. I rested my head on the wall standing outside of Boyfriend’s dressing room, waiting for the jerky. I sighed and closed my eyes. I’m very tired because I haven’t slept well recently.

“Merry Christmas Sumi”

I opened my eyes and saw the cute little Taemin’s face smiling in front of me. Key Umma was next to him with Onew. Wait, ASBGDVSAUKF! SHINEE OPPAS ARE JUST IN FRONT OF ME SAYING MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! WAAAAAHHHH! Ok Sumi, stop fangirling like crazy and act just like a normal person would do.

“Merry Christmas!” I said smiling brightly. Key elbowed Taemin and he looked at me shyly.

“The hyungs and I baked some cupcakes and we want to give you some” he said cutely.

Waaaaaah! Why is he so cute? If I could die from excess of cuteness, I would die right now.

“Thank you so much!” I said grinning and fangirling inside.

“We want to thank you for taking care of our Taemin” Key said patting Taemin’s head.

“You don’t have to thank me. We’re friends, and we’re supposed to support each other” I said.

“Aigoo Sumi! You are so cute! I’m thinking about adopting you” Key Oppa said pinching my cheeks.

“I really liked your sweatshirt Sumi, it’s very cute” Taeminnie said.

“Thanks, and I really like your hat, it’s even cuter than my sweatshirt” I said.

He was wearing a cute sweater with a beige bear hat and boots.

“But I’m sure that I’m cuter than him right?” I heard someone said cutely from behind and wrapped his arms around my waist.

It turns out it was Youngmin. Wait, since when jerky acts cute? He looked at me pouting. Aww! He looks so cute! Wait, it’s Youngmin, the jerk, I’m sure he’s just acting like that because Shinee Oppas were there.

“Aigoo! You look cute together” Onew Oppa said smiling.

“Thanks” jerky said smiling.

“I think we have to go” Key Oppa said.

“Good bye Sumi, goodbye Youngmin” Taemin said cutely.

“Good bye Oppas” I said smiling.

“Good bye hyungs” Youngmin said.

They turned around and walked away. I immediately got free from Youngmin and death glared at him.

“What?” He said smirking.

“You ruined my perfect moment with Shinee Oppas” I said upset.

“I’m so sorry” he said pouting, in a teasing way I guess.

I hate to say it, but he looks freaking cute doing that, but I know it’s all an act, or maybe he looks cute because he’s wearing a Christmas red sweater…

“Stop pouting! Since when do you act cute?” I said rolling my eyes.

“I’m a great actor. I can be cute if I want. Why? Don’t tell me you didn’t like it because I’m sure that you thought: ‘Aww! He’s so cute!’ Right now” he ‘imitated’ me and smirked… again.

“In your dreams jerky” I smirked.

“Hey! Taylor! Youngmin! You’re next” Someone from the staff said.

We went on stage and started performing cheerfully with the Christmas Spirit.

(green: Sumi, red: Youngmin, gold: both)

You better watch out 
You better not cry 
You better not pout 
I'm telling you why 
Santa Claus is coming to town

He's making a list 
He's checking it twice 
Gonna find out who's naughty and nice 
Santa Claus is coming to town

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

You better watch out!
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town

Santa Claus is coming 
Santa Claus is coming 
Santa Claus is coming to town 

We finished performing and everyone clapped. I think we did well. Youngmin held my hand and we bowed to thank the public.

Maybe I’d be working on Christmas, but this is what I love to do. I love my work, and that won’t change, not even jerky.

“Merry Christmas mushroom head” he whispered in my ear smirking.

“Merry Christmas Jerky” I said smiling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you so much for supporting my story.

We have a new poster!!!! Thank you so much to Sparkyu Graphics Shop for the amazing poster! :D

Please comment and subscribe.

God bless you all.

Thanks for reading.

Love and Blessings from the author 2yendis :D

Saranghae <3