I'd better stop

Dating the King of Jerks

Chapter 21: I’d better stop.

 

“I made a mistake. I accept it. But I’ll fix everything. I promise you I will. I never thought you would be that mad about it. I expected it from my manager but not from you. But you’re right. It’s your career the one who is in game also. And I didn’t consider it. It wasn’t my intention. I would never do anything to hurt you. You’re the only friend I have” he shrugged. I sobbed trying to control the tears from my eyes.

“I’m sorry Youngmin, but it’s too late for saying that…”

I went out of the room and wiped my tears. Taemin came to me worried. His face looked confused.

“Sumi, what happened? Is anything wrong?” he asked tilting his head.

“It’s nothing. We just had a fight, that’s all” I sobbed.

“Don’t cry. Here, have this” he gave me a banana milk. “I debt you a lot of banana milk bottles” he winked.

“Thanks” I smiled weakly.

We finished filming and… Damn! Youngmin had to ruin it all. It was my last time at the filming set. And he had to come half-drunk with pictures of him kissing other girls! I was going crazy!

First, he says he loves Ji Eun. And it’s not that I like that fact either but if he loves her he’s supposed not to do that. He must be loyal to the woman he loves, mustn’t he? But no, jerky couldn’t do that. He had to go out and get drunk and make out with some “#($)%&$/ girls.

I know I should forget about that. I should actually forget about Youngmin. After all, I’ll be free in three weeks. It might look like too much time but it’s not on a positive way. In just three weeks we’ll be strangers again… and I’ll be able to focus on my career and school and stop worrying about that jerk.

There was going to be a party at 8pm to celebrate we ended the drama filming. We should go dressed up formally and there were going to be reporters at the red carpet. It was a huge event.

I got ready. And yes, I was wearing a freaking tuxedo because I have to keep my tomboy image. I wasn’t asking for a dress but maybe a more feminine look like, a buttoned blouse and tight black pants… not too girly but not too tomboyish either. But my company jut denied my requests.

I was supposed to arrive with jerky so, he passed for me on his car with his manager. Manager Kim would also come with us.

“You should act like you’re really in love and everything is perfect. I doubt that someone asks you about the incident with Youngmin but everything is possible. So, if it actually happens, deny it all.” Youngmin’s manager ordered.

Youngmin was in silence all the way to the event. Our managers were discussing something at the back in the car.

We finally arrived to the place of the event. Jerky opened the door for me and I took his hand nervous. My heart pounded at his touch and my cheeks blushed but I shook my head and cleared those feelings immediately.

We walked to the red carpet and smiled brightly while the flashes were dazzling in front of our eyes. Fortunately, the reporters didn’t ask any questions. They just congratulated us for being together and said some support words.

Sometimes, I wondered how it would be if we were really a couple. It was weird, because I wouldn’t know how Youngmin would be…

We walked in the salon and everyone was there. Taemin went along with all Shinee members and he even took Sulli there.

“Boo!” someone poked my shoulder from behind. It was Changbum! What was he doing there?

“Changbum! What are you doing here?” I asked excited. I was glad he was there to distract me from jerky.

“I don’t know! We got invited. Teen Top also came” he smiled. Youngmin seemed not to like his presence.

“Omona! Teen Top? Yoosun loves CAP so much. She should have come here” I pouted.

“CAP? Yoosun likes CAP?” Youngmin blurted. Why is he interested in Yoosun?

“And who do you like Piggy?” he smirked.

“Piggy? Why do you call my friend like that?” Changbum was very upset. He looked like he would just punch Youngmin’s face.

“It’s her nickname, mine is jerky. The ones WE use BETWEEN US! Yeah, we have nicknames for each other” he stated.

Wait, is he jealous? He knows now that I told Changbum the truth about us dating. Is it possible? Jo Youngmin jealous? Nah! He just hates Changbum. I don’t know why but since he met Changbum he didn’t like him.

The girls came along also. They all looked stunning with shiny dresses and high heels. Youngmin stared at them. Well, he actually stared at every girl passing by. He’s such a jerk.

“Sumi!” Yoosun chirped.

“Hi!” I faked a smile.

“Unnie! This party is full of idols”. Hye In said amazed.

“Oh! Yeah! Changbum said Teen Top came” I said.

“Oh! Changbum. Hi!” Ashley smiled.

It’s weird to see Ashley smiling to a boy. She’s normally cold… Could she like him? Well, everyone likes Changbum. He’s cute and y at the same time.

“Teen Top? You mean CAP?” Yoosun widened her eyes.

“And Ricky Oppa?” Hye In sang.

“Let’s go Changbum. You’ve gotta introduce them to us!” Yoosun dragged Changbum with her and Hye In followed them.

Ashley and I sighed. Jerky seemed bored at that party and so was I. I just wanted to leave. He just continued staring at all those pretty girls

“Hey! Sumi, do you want to impress your boyfriend?” she winked at me and showed me a bag.

“What?” I tilted my head.

“Just come with me” She took my hand.

“Excuse me Youngmin-ssi. I’m taking your girlfriend for a while” she told him.

“It’s okay” Youngmin sighed and shrugged. He had his hands in his pockets. He looked kinda weird these days though.

Ashley took me to the bathroom and she locked the door. I was confused and didn’t know what she was going to do.

“What are you doing?”

“I’ll change your look” She smiled and took out some things from her bag.

“I know you don’t like being a tomboy and I’m sure you’d like to show Youngmin your feminine side”

“I… I can’t. If Manager Kim finds out and…” I stuttered.

“No one will know it’s you. C’mon! Put this on!” she showed me a long aqua night dress. It was so beautiful.

“It’s beautiful!” I said amazed.

“Yes, it is. It’s a Versace piece. So, be careful. It’s very expensive”

“How did you get this?” I asked puzzled.

“I have my contacts Sumi” She winked teasingly.

“Did you get it from Unnie stylist?” I laughed.

“Yes, I actually did that” she chuckled.

After I put the dress on, Ashley made my makeup and she curled my hair. Even when my hair is very short it seemed feminine. She’s an expert in this kind of things.

“Aww! Sumi look at you! You look so pretty!” She clapped enthusiastically.

I looked in the mirror. It looked like there was someone else in front of my eyes; a beautiful and elegant girl. A wide smile figured on my face. I was very happy.

“Thank you so much!” I hugged Ashley.

“C’mon! Go to the party. Don’t worry no one will know it’s you. Go with your boyfriend”

I returned where Youngmin was. He was drinking at the bar. I approached to him nervous. I didn’t know why but I wanted him to look at me as a girl, not as “piggy mushroom” but as a girl with class that he could fall for.

“Whoa! Our piggy became pretty” he smiled. I blushed at his comment.

“What’s wrong with you? Why did you change your clothes?” he laughed. It seemed like he was making fun of me. I felt angry but also hurt at his words.

“I just… wanted to impress Taemin”

“Really? Ha! You’re so funny. Even then, I think you’re kinda smart. Dressing like that you even look like a girl…” He chuckled.

“You think so?” I raised my head up with a slight smile. Did he say I looked like a girl?

“Yes, you look like a girl. But you still need to act like one” he laughed.

“Yah! Youngmin-ah!” I frowned.

“He he! It’s true piggy. Don’t look at me like that”. He widened his eyes.

“Chh… you’re such a jerk” I looked away crossing my arms.

“Just go with Taemin” he chuckled.

“Oh! No! My manager, I need to hide.” I hid my head behind Youngmin.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you piggy? Why are you hiding?”

“Because my manager can’t see me like this” I ran away and he followed me.

“What?” he asked puzzled. I stopped at a corner where I couldn’t be found by manager Kim.

“Well, it’s on my contract that I can’t dress as a girl or look like one. I must keep my tomboy image in public all the time”

“What? But you signed that contract because you like being a tomboy, right?” he looked surprised. I didn’t answer and looked down.

“Sumi…”

“I miss my long hair so much. I wasn’t too feminine but I miss wearing some makeup or girl’s clothes sometimes.”

“I’m sorry but that’s ridiculous” he blurted out. “How can anybody sign a contract for becoming someone you’re not? It’s stupid!”

“Shut up Youngmin” I clenched my fists.

“It’s the truth. Like, why would someone do that? It’s just nonsense. I understand you wanted to debut and stuff but becoming someone you’re not it’s just the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard”

“Just leave. I don’t want to listen to you or your opinion. I don’t care if you think it’s stupid or not. For me, it was worth it. It was a sacrifice I had to make for debuting and make my dreams come true. And you don’t have the right to judge my actions”

“Don’t get me wrong piggy but you shouldn’t have done that”

“Why not? It was for achieving my dreams. And I was fine with it. Like I said, I missed sometimes my long hair and my clothes but I was getting used to it. Until you came to my life of course, calling me a “boy” and making fun of me like a toy you could play with. Do you know how much that hurt my self-esteem? Do you even have an idea of how I felt? No! So, you should just shut your stupid mouth and leave because I don’t want to see you” A tear rolled down my face.

“And now you’re dressing as a girl because of me…” he muttered.

“I did it for me. Okay? I was selfish for the first time in my life and did it for myself. So don’t get wrong ideas of it” I looked him in the eyes. My face not showing any feeling of weakness.

“You’re a bad liar” he smirked. “You’d better stop right now Sumi. You’d better stick to Taemin and forget about me. I told you not to fall for me. I can’t love you back, and you know that perfectly” he walked away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youngmin is such a jerk. Don’t you think so?

He gives Sumi hope and then he tells her he doesn’t feel anything towards her.

Do you think he’s hiding something? Maybe his heart is different from what he says.

Well, you’ll find out on the next chapter new things about Youngmin’s life.

Thank you so much for reading and for supporting my story even when I’m not able to update that frequently.

Don’t forget to comment and subscribe.

Ppyong!

Author: 2yendis.