A contract?

Dating the King of Jerks

 

Chapter 3: A contract?

 

The paparazzi were taking pictures of us. Youngmin took my hand and avoided them, like if we were “caught” dating; those were our managers' orders.

We got on the van and then we arrived to Starship Entertainment. It’s definitely bigger than our entertainment. Sistar sunbaenims were rehearsing.

"They are very cool, right?" Youngmin said standing behind me. I turned to him and nodded.

"You should learn from them" he said arrogantly and smirked. Then he continued walking.

We came in to a meeting room with a big table and many chairs. We sat down and our managers put on the table two envelopes.

"What is this?" Youngmin asked.

"Well, these are your contracts that you will sign" Youngmin’s manager said handing us one envelope to Youngmin and one to me.

I opened it and read it: “Public Dating between Jo Youngmin and Kim Sumi Contract”. I sighed, my life is so miserable.

"I’ll read it aloud right now. If there’s any question raise your hand and ask me. I’ll clear your doubts" Manager Kim said. Youngmin and I nodded. "Well, I’ll read it then…"

“1.- We, Jo Youngmin and Kim Sumi, will date in public for six months for helping to promote the drama “Be my girl”.

2. - We will try not to fight while we are in public.

3. - We will also act like a couple at the school, the filming set and every public place when we are together.

"Wait, we also have to act like a couple at school?" Youngmin asked with widened eyes.

Wait, he’s right. We also have to act like a couple at school! Aishh… someone kill me right now!

"Yes, you also have to be together at school" Manager Kim said.

"WHAT? What about my fans? They will hate me!" Youngmin said upset.

"Actually, I’m the one who is going to be hated" I said eating some chips.

"Yeah, you’re right!" Youngmin said smiling… mockingly. "But I will lose my fans anyway" he then said complaining.

"Maybe, they will feel bad now, but then they will support you and Sumi. Have you ever watched “We Got Married”?" Youngmin’s manager said.

"Whatever…" Youngmin said rolling his eyes.

4. – We will be nice between each other and we will try to avoid insults and being rude, at least when we are in public.

5. – We will show affections like holding hands and kisses on the cheek. Kissing on the lips is forbidden, at least the managers ask us to do it. These affections are only allowed when we are in public.

6. – This contract and agreement will keep in secret between the managers and us. We are not allowed to tell anyone about this, even to our group members.

7. – In consequence of the last point, we have to act like a couple in front of our group members, friends, family and other people in general.

8. – We accept to meet the new schedule that our managers are giving to us. This new schedule includes public dates, press conferences, variety shows, photo shootings, interviews, commercial films and other kind of activities.

9. – We cannot involve sentimentally during this period of six months with anyone. We are not allowed to date for real until the six months pass.

10. –We will use the wireless ear piece to communicate with our managers while we are doing our activities together.

We, Jo Youngmin and Kim Sumi have read the conditions of this contract and we agree with them. We will assume the responsibilities of the consequences if one of us breaks the rules indicated in this contract.

November 14th, 2012

"Ok, now that you read it and if there are no more questions, sign" Manager Kim ordered.

"Wait, I have one more condition I think we have to add" the jerk said.

"Ok Youngmin, what do you think we should add to the contract?"

"This is a condition for Kim Sumi. 'During the period of six months, me, Kim Sumi, won’t fall in love for Jo Youngmin'"the jerk said.

Wait, what did he say? Chh… in your dreams bastard.

"Chh… in your dreams. Why would I fall for you?" I said.

"Anyway, we have to add it to the contract" he said serious.

"Whatever…" I said rolling my eyes.

"Then, do you both agree?"  Manager Kim said raising a brow.

"Yes, but it shouldn’t just be a condition for me. It also should be a condition for him" I said glaring at him.

"Then, we could write this: 'We won’t fall for each other during this period of six months, which means that we won’t be involved in a relationship sentimentally for real'" Manager Kim said while he was writing it down.

"I think that’s okay for me" Youngmin said texting someone.

"Yeah, it’s okay" I said.

"Then, if you’re done with the conditions...Sign it!"–Youngmin’s manager said.

Youngmin and I signed the contract. I can’t believe I’m doing this, who would say that being famous was going to be that difficult, uh? The worst about it is that we also have to act like a couple at school. I mean, all the girls are going to hate me, plus they will insult me since I’m a tomboy, if I would be as famous as Amber Unnie then it wouldn’t be a problem, but we are not well known, so that means they are going to kill me and I’m sure Youngmin won’t do anything to avoid it. I hate him! If it would just be Taemin instead of him, I would be the happiest girl in the world, but bad luck follows me since I was born.

"We organized a press conference for you. You’ll announce your “relationship” to the press tonight" Youngmin’s manager said.

Great! So tonight starts my nightmare of six freaking months! Well, I guess I just have to ignore the jerk and smile like if I’m happy, it won’t be that difficult, right? I’m a good actress after all. You have to be positive Kim Sumi… Who the heck am I going to lie? This is NOT going to be easy at all, at least not with that jerk the 24/7.

When we went out of the entertainment, the paparazzi were already there. I got in the van with Manager Kim scolded by some Starship bodyguards.

I came in our dorm and saw Yoosun, Ashley and Hye In were sitting on the couch waiting for me. I looked at them a little scared because they were grinning like if their cheeks were going to break.

"Hi…" I said puzzled.

"Are you really dating Jo Youngmin? Why didn’t you tell us before?"  Yoosun said excited.

"Well… "I said avoiding them going to my room, but it didn’t work, they followed me.

"C’mon tell us! How did it happen? Did you fall in love while you were filming? Oh! I know! You knew you were in love with him when you kissed him for the first time!" Yoosun said clapping her hands happily.

They don’t have idea of how much I hate this guy.

"That’s so romantic!" she said hugging or more like squeezing her teddy bear.

"Unnie tell us! How did he confess you?" Hye In said pouting cutely.

"Well, I didn’t expect it… and then he confessed to me…" I said trying to sound excited, but it didn’t work.

"And then… KISS!" Yoosun said excited.

"Yeah… ha ha ha ha…" I said faking a laugh. "Well, now I have to get ready for the press conference" I said and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

After the shower I took a deep breath and went out of the bathroom wearing my bathrobe. Ashley looked at me and smiled.

"So, what are you going to wear for the press conference? I guess you want to look fabulous in front of your boyfriend, right? Do you want me to lend you one of my dresses?" she asked me.

"Mmmm… you know I would like that but I can’t…" I said looking down.

"Oh yeah, that’s right. You have to keep your tomboy style." she said disappointed. And then thought for a little. "I know! You can wear tomboy clothes without looking exactly like a guy. I mean, you can look girly with boy clothes!"

"And… how am I going to do that?" I asked her confused.

"Don’t worry, just leave it to me and I’ll make magic here!" she said.

She gave me some clothes and I put them on. They were overalls with a navy blue t-shirt and a  blue and white striped sweater with pins on it. Then, she did my makeup; it was totally a girl makeup. I don’t know if Manager Kim will accept this makeup, I hope he does. She also gave me a pair of earrings. I decided just to wear one, so I would look more like a tomboy and manager Kim wouldn’t scold me so bad.

I looked myself at the mirror and saw a girl face for first time in six months since I debuted, I just wish my hair could be long as it was before. But I know that I have to make sacrifices for making my dream come true, and this is one of them.

I went to the living room and Manager Kim was already waiting for me.

"Wait, did you get dressed already? Your Unnie stylist was going to get you ready for the press conference" Manager Kim said looking at me from head to toe.

"Well… Ashley did my hair and makeup" I said looking down feeling bad.

"Your makeup is too girly" Manager Kim said in a low tone.

He also feels bad about me sometimes about the tomboy thing.

"Well, we don’t have a lot of time anyway, so you can go to the press conference like that" Manager Kim said.

"Jinja?" I said smiling.

"Yes, you’re wearing boy clothes anyway, right?" he said patting my shoulder.

"Thank you so much manager-nim" I said hugging him.

"Aishh… this girl. What am I going to do with you?" he said breaking the hug. "Kaja! Is late and we have to get to the press conference now"

The press conference was going to start. I was very nervous because I know this is going to change my life in so much different ways. Even then, I was determined to do this because the girls were going to be there at the press conference supporting me.

I finally met with Youngmin. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a white shirt and a black tie. He looked at me and twisted his mouth.

"At least for today you are wearing girl’s makeup. Even then, you don’t look that feminine at all, but what could I wait from someone like you?" He said smirking.

 "Whatever…" I said rolling my eyes.

The press conference finally started. The good thing about it is that Youngmin is the only one who is going to speak. I’m only going to speak if the reporters ask me something.

"So, we all know why we are here. Are you two real dating?" a reporter asked, or I would say attacked.

"Yes, we are dating. We couldn’t avoid falling in love for each other. In only six months this amazing girl stole my heart" Youngmin said and held my hand smiling at me.

Chh… after all he’s a great actor, he would convince anyone that he’s such a good and romantic person… but not me.

"Oh! Really? How can you prove it? There were a lot of rumors about you both that said that you didn’t get along well. And now from all of sudden, you are dating?" Another reporter said.

"Yes! How do we know that you’re not only doing this to promote the drama and save your reputation?" other reporter attacked.

I was shocked, the reporters were very scary. My eyes widened and I was trembling trying to look away from them.

"Stop shaking like a bug and relax. I’ll solve this. Don’t get scared because we’re going to get caught. Please just smile" Youngmin whispered in my ear. I smiled nervously.

"Well, it’s true that we didn’t use to get along well. I used to be very arrogant before I met her. So that’s why we didn’t get along well, actually no one used to get along well with me. But then, when I really knew her I started changing for her, because she’s such a good and amazing person. And now, I’m the happiest man on earth because she gave me a chance. So, if you don’t want to believe it then don’t do it, but I know that our love is real, and that’s what is important for me. We came here because you told us that you wanted to know the truth, we could have come here and lied, because we wouldn’t want anyone to bother us, but we don’t like to lie. So we’re telling you the truth, it’s on you to believe us or not" Youngmin said confidently.

"So, how did you confess your love to Taylor?" a female reporter said curious.

"I can say that she didn’t expect it, right baby?" He said looking at me smiling. BABY! Ugh… I want to puke.

"Right" I said smiling.

"I told her we were going to the park. And I prepared a romantic dinner for her in front of the Han River. Then, I confessed my love for her"  He said. Ugh… too cheesy for me.

"Awwww!" the female and male gays reporters chorused.

Do they think that this really happens in real life? Aishh… whatever, if they believed it then is alright.

They took a lot of pictures and Youngmin answered a couple more questions. Then we left the room walking hand in hand. We went to the dressing room and we immediately let go of our hands.

"Good job lovebirds!" Manager Kim said smiling.

"Good job? That boy almost ruined it!" he said pointing at me.

"What!" I said.

"Yes, you had a scared face. And your smiles weren’t that convincing. I seriously don’t know who told you that you knew to act great"  He said sitting and looking himself at the mirror.

"The same person that told you that you were handsome and a good person" I said upset.

"What?" he glared at me, obviously mad, but like if I cared.

"What you heard" I said challengingly and smirked.

"Could you stop?" Manager Kim said crossing his arms.

"Anyway, the reporters believed in your words and actions. So, your drama will be aired and the director will come back. We could say he’s still shocked emotionally because he can’t still believe you two are “dating” it was very funny to see his expression" Youngmin’s manager said laughing. "So, do you want to go to celebrate?" Youngmin’s manager said.

"No thanks. I have more important things to do" Youngmin said rolling his eyes.

"I have to go to the school tomorrow, so I can’t stay up late" I said bowing in apologize.

"Yeah, you’re right. And Youngmin! You should also go to the dorm to sleep. Tomorrow you have to go to the school too" Youngmin’s manager said.

"Never in your dreams" Youngmin said standing up. I guess he’s going clubbing or something.

"This kid. He never listens to me" Youngmin’s manager said frustrated.

"Well, we have to leave. Take care and don’t worry about Youngmin, he’s on his rebel phase" Manager Kim said patting his shoulder.

Rebel phase my , he’s a jerk, that’s what he is.

"Yeah, but he wasn’t like that. I hope he can understand and settle down one day"

"Then, we’re leaving. Take care" Manager Kim said.

"Goodbye, take care. Oh! And Sumi… please take care of Youngmin. I know that he’s a jerk but… I think he needs someone to guide him. I know that you are a good person. Could you please at least watch him out?" Youngmin’s manager said.

What does he think Youngmin is? A baby? Aishh… not again the puppy eyes. Aighhh… no Kim Sumi, don’t even dare to say yes…

"Yes, I’ll watch over him" I said smiling.

WHY IN THE WORLD I SAID THAT?

"Thank you so much" Youngmin’s manager said.

We left and I’m now here in my room. I was happy because I was going to go to the school after a while, since the filming of the drama didn’t allow me to go to the school. But now, I’m thinking about it because I will have to be with the jerk almost all the time. I hate this! Kim Sumi, you are jinxed. The luck is definitely not by your side…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! New chapter! Do you like the story? Or you think is too monotonous. Please comment and tell me your opinion about it.

What do you think about Youngmin? Why did he ask her not to fall in love with him? Is he feeling something for her?

What do you think about Sumi (you)? Do you think she’s (you’re) feeling something for Youngmin?

Too much questions. Please subscribe also if you like this story and haven’t done it yet.

Thanks for reading!

Ppyong!