Do People Change?

Dating the King of Jerks

Chapter 27: Do people change?

 

The doors blew opened in front of my eyes. I found myself walking on the hallways of that big building. Seoul’s University was the name of that place. It was filled of students of my age with dark circles above his eyes, greasy hair and some others with a cup of coffee on their hands walking frantically to their assigned classrooms, product of the high level of caffeine on their veins.

School… that’s not something I missed. I studied business at a University in England when I moved there. But after I decided not to get married, I quitted and didn’t finish my studies.

Now I was there, trying to get a place in Arts faculty. All of that, with a plan in mind: getting close to Kim Sumi.

I took a glance at the map of the faculty that was at the center of the main hall. After that, I found myself walking to the principal’s office.

I opened the door and a woman in her fifties greeted me with an unfriendly look. She raised one of her brows.

“You walked in without knocking young boy” She stated. “Can I help you?”

“Sorry. Can I talk to the principal for a moment please?” I asked trying to sound polite.

“The principal is a very busy man. You talk like if he could attend you at any moment. You must make an appointment first. Fortunately, a guy that had one at this hour didn’t come. But let’s see what I can do for you.”

“Thank you” I didn’t like her attitude. She placed the phone on her ear.

“Sir, there’s a young boy who wants to talk to you. His name is…” she looked up for an answer.

“Jo Youngmin”

“… Jo Youngmin” She paused for a moment. I crossed my fingers wishing the best. “Yes, of course. I’ll let him know” she hung up.

“So, when can I see him?” I bit my low lip nervous.

“You can see him now. He told me to pass you to his office immediately”

“Oh, thank you”

This time I knocked the door and I heard a voice inside inviting me to come in. The principal’s office was decorated beautifully. My mouth opened amused by all the little figures around.

“Jo Youngmin. I’ve heard a lot from you lately. But I didn’t expect you coming here” the principal smiled brightly. He had a cute bold head.

“Sir, I came here to ask you if I could apply to your faculty”

“Of course, everyone can do it taking de admission exam. What brings you here exactly? I mean, you asked to talk to me”

“Well, I wanted to ask for a scholarship” I shrugged.

“You? Jo Youngmin. Isn’t your father the owner of the Jo’s Music Company?”

“Yes Sir. But, I’m not the heir of the company anymore” I gulped.

“I know. It’s spread on the news. That’s why you quit business school and now you want to study arts” he said while looking at my records.

“Yes Sir” my voice cracked from nervousness.

“Ok, I’m going to give you an opportunity, but there’s one condition. Listen, I know you used to be a famous kpop idol and actor. So, you should increase your fame again by getting a job as whatever you want in entertainment world. Once you’re famous again, you’ll promote our University and film some advertisements for free as payment for the scholarship. Oh! And of course you’ll pay back another proportional part when you get some money”

“That sounds fantastic. I think I can do it” I smiled confident.

“I haven’t finished yet. You must do that in six months. The anniversary of the University is coming and you’ll only participate in the promotions if you’re famous by that time.”

“So, I have to increase my fame and make money by the period of six months to pay you back everything” my confidence went down.

How was I supposed to do that in such a short time? I mean, yes I used to be famous but that was three years ago. Now, I’m not sure I can win people’s love that easily. I have to start over again. And that takes some time; especially when I don’t have the members’ support.

“Do you accept my offer?” the principal raised a brow and slipped his cup of coffee, waiting for an answer.

“Yes, I do”

“Great. But I have to tell you it’s not going to be easy. Your mother is spending some time and money against you”

“What do you mean with that sir?” I stuttered.

I knew my mother. She had done so many bad things to get what she wanted. I had seen her doing dirty work against other companies she considered “dangerous” for being competitors.

I never thought she could do something against me, but again, what she wanted was always first. Even so, it really hurt me my mother could be that kind of person.

“She’s calling every entertainment company and paying them for not giving you a job, of any kind. Also, I heard she’s contacting the universities with art studies. I got a call from her but I was busy and ignored it a while ago. Even though, I’m sure she’ll offer me a big amount of money for kicking you out of this college”

“Then, why are you still making this offer to me?”

“I’m not interested in money young boy. I have a good life and what’s important to me is to make this university one of the bests in the world. You have good school records and I’m sure your story will give people hope since you’ll have to start over again from the bottom”

“Sir, you’re really an honorable man.” I smiled.

“I’m trusting you. So, don’t make me regret. Arasso?”

“Yes, I’ll try my best to achieve what you just proposed me”

“I’m glad to hear that Jo Youngmin. Then, you should bring me these official documents tomorrow and you can start your classes” he gave me a folder with some papers with specifications.

“Yes sir. Thank you so much. I don’t have words to thank you what you just had done for me” I bowed ninety degrees like eight times.

“You don’t have to thank me. Just work hard and give me back what I’m giving you in six months. Ok?”

“Thank you again. Have a nice day principal Choi” I exited the room.

I walked away jumping of joy. I was so excited. Of course, it was going to be so ing difficult to get a job as an actor again. But hey! I was attending at the same university than Piggy Mushroom now. That was the best!

I walked around the hallways happily looking for her. I wished I could see her again. Even though she didn’t want to see me I was dying to see her. At least from far away, I wanted to admire her.

“Youngmin Oppa! OMG! It’s been so long!” a high pitch voice greeted me.

Great, Krystal Jung. Let’s say that there are annoying people in this world, and then there’s she. Can you understand her level of annoyance now?

“Mmm… hi!” I tried to be nice. Even though she was annoying, famous friends could get me a new job.

“Oppa, I heard you didn’t get married. Are you okay?” she tilted her head with fake aegyo.

“I’m better than ever. It’s just that marriage isn’t for me. You know what I mean?” I winked and smirked.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not flirting. I’m just being friendly so I can get a new job. It’s called… artistic politics.

“I knew it! You were such a cool Oppa to end like a boring married business man. We should go out clubbing someday”

I looked above her head and found Sumi standing at her locker. She was holding her books. Her clothes were boyish now, and her hair was short. She was different from the other day at the coffee shop. But damn she was so cute. Seeing her like that reminded me of our high school days. A big smile formed over my lips.

“Oppa, are you listening to me? I asked you something.”

 “Oh yeah. I’m afraid I’m a bit busy now, but that sounds great. I’ll give you a call if I make some plans. Ok?”

“Ok, Oppa. See you later” she waved her hand and I ran to Sumi’s locker.

I stopped but unfortunately ended up slipping and falling on the floor. Damn! It was so embarrassing. Everyone stared at me. I sighed and looked up to where she was.

She looked back because of everyone else’s laugh. When she recognized me her eyes widened in surprise but then she looked away.

“Hey! Pi… Sumi!” I said getting up from the floor.

“I thought I had told you not to talk to me anymore” she muttered.

I looked at her nervous hand’s movements. Her locker’s combination: 4,3,2,1. She hadn’t changed a lot. I chuckled on my insides at her cuteness.

“I guess I disagree with that order” I smirked.

“I guess I don’t care if you agree or not” she gritted her teeth. Her eyes looked cold but her words sounded nervous.

“I guess you’ll have to get used to my presence since tomorrow I’ll start attending to this college” I smiled.

She looked away and turned her back to me. I followed her and stood up in front of her face walking backwards.

“So, how have you been Mushroom Head?” I tilted my head cutely.

“What do you think you’re doing? Just get away of my view” she puffed upset.

“I won’t do it. Because you’re the only friend I have” I stopped and held her arms lightly.

“No, I’m not. So, stop looking for me. You can try making new friends. Make a new life, without me” her defensive attitude changed into a pleading one. Her words hurt me so bad.

“I can’t do that”

“Why? Why can’t you just leave me alone? I don’t want to see you. I don’t want to talk to you”

“But I want to see you, and I want to talk to you. I want to say sorry. I was wrong. And I want to start over again”

“Say sorry? Youngmin, it’s been three years. Now you want to say sorry for what you did three years ago? C’mon that’s stupid. The damage is done. You hurt me. And you can’t change that now”

“Sumi…”

“Do you want to know what I think about you now?”

“Yes, please. Because honestly, I don’t understand why you’re being this way” I nodded looking her in the eyes.

 Her jaw trembled. I could see she still missed me. Even though she was fighting back that feeling inside of her heart.

“I think the things between you and Ji Eun didn’t work. So, now you feel your world is crashing down, you came back to me. Why? Because you thought I was going to be waiting for you. You thought you could have me so easily. And then, your life would have stability. But then again, you’ll get bored of me, like you got bored of Ji Eun. And you’ll probably leave me, like you did before…”

“It’s not like that at all. If you just let me explain…” my mind was confused by her words. Why did she think that?

“I don’t need explanations. Do you know why? Because I don’t have that kind of feelings for you anymore. So, don’t expect me to be your support. Don’t expect me to receive you with open arms. I won’t do it. I won’t be that girl. You can look for someone else.”

“Sumi, it’s not what you’re thinking”

“Youngmin, I have changed. I’m not the same stupid girl you met some years ago. I’m different now. I won’t fall for your dumb tricks”

“I have changed too. If you just gave me the chance to show you…”

“No, you’re wrong Jo Youngmin. I know you perfectly. You’re not the type of guy that changes” she smirked and walked away.

She won’t believe me, will she? What am I going to do then?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New chapter! I’m sorry it took so long but I was busy with life and… preparing for Boyfriend’s concert in my country Mexico.

YES! I MET BOYFRIEND. I was able to meet them and I touched their hands and took a picture with them. They are so adorable and handsome and just perfect.

I remember the twins smiling and repeating “¡Hola! ¡Hola!” (Hi! Hi!) like there’s no tomorrow. Aww! They were so cute and cheerful.

Ok, stop fangirling. Now back to the chapter. What do you think about Sumi’s attitude? Do you think she’s protecting herself of being hurt again? Or she just became cold and bad?

Comment your opinions below! Thanks for reading :D

Ppyong!