Good kisser or new feelings?

Dating the King of Jerks

Chapter 16: Good kisser or new feelings?

 

We finally came back to Seoul. Youngmin has been very “jerkily” normal since he gave me my birthday present. I thought he had changed, but no, he’s still the same jerky as always.

I arrived to the building at evening and took the elevator to the floor where our dorm is located. I took the key and opened the apartment. Yoosun was watching her dramas when she saw me.

“Sumi!” Yoosun ran to me and hugged me. “I’m glad you’re back. How was Busan?” she asked me excitedly.

“Unnie! We missed you a lot” Hye In came out of the bathroom with her toothbrush on her hand. Ashley followed her.

“It was great!” I smiled.

“Sumi! How did you spend your birthday? Did you have fun with your boyfriend?” Ashley asked curious.

“Yeah… I had a great time!” I smiled. I could say that I faked it but then I remembered Youngmin’s present. So my smile was sincere.

“Right! Your birthday present! I’ll go for it” Yoosun ran to her bedroom.

“What’s that that you’re holding?” Ashley asked looking at my necklace that I was holding with my hand.

“It’s Youngmin’s present” I said shyly removing my hand from it.

“OMG! It’s so beautiful. Is it original?” Ashley looked at it carefully.

“Original?” I asked puzzled.

“Yes. It looks like a Swarovski piece” she widened her eyes.

“Yeah, I think so…” I shrugged.

“What is Swarovski?” Hye In tilted her head cutely.

“It’s a very expensive and famous jewelry brand” Ashley answered.

“Wow! So Youngmin Oppa must really love you for buying you that” Hye In pouted.

Love me? No, he doesn’t love me. He’s just the kind of guy that has the money to buy this kind of things without even worrying about the world’s poverty.

“I wish I had a boyfriend that bought me expensive things like yours” Ashley twisted her hair with her fingers.

Actually, Ashley would be the ideal girlfriend for jerky. She’s tall as Youngmin; she likes to go shopping for hours just like him and sometimes, she’s as cold as jerky. Yep! They would make the perfect couple.

Yoosun came back with a birthday cake. I was really surprised. The three of them started singing “Happy Birthday”

“Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da. Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da. Sa rang ha neun Sumi-ssi. Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da” I blew the candles and they clapped together.

“Thank you so much girls” I smiled.

“I hope you like the cake. We made it by ourselves” Yoosun said as she was putting a piece of cake on my plate.

“You made it? Really?” I asked not believing it.

“Yes unnie! We baked it with all our love” Hye In said cutely. “Well, except for Ashley unnie who was just doing her nails while we were making the cake” I told you, she’s just like jerky.

“Yah! I helped with the cake decoration” Ashley complained.

“Girls don’t argue” Yoosun rolled her eyes. “C’mon Sumi. Open your presents” she handed me a box.

I opened it and there was a pink blouse that I suppose that Ashley bought me. It was quite feminine but it still had the tomboy look. There were also a bracelet and a hat that Yoosun had knitted. And the last thing but not the least important, there was a drawing that Hye In made of the four of us.  It had written “Unnie, happy birthday”

I smiled and held back my tears of happiness. More than expensive things, they had chosen or made special things for me. That was the more meaningful gift I ever received.

Aside for making my dream come true, there was also an important reason of why I wanted to debut in a kpop group: to have a family. I had been living alone before debuting because I escaped from my aunt’s house. For me, living with this girls and sharing our dreams together was something amazing. They were more than my friends, they became my family.

“Thank you so much girls. This is very meaningful to me. You’re the best that could happen to me” I smiled and hugged them.

“You’re being too emotional” Ashley chuckled.

“Maybe” I smiled breaking the hug.

“Will you go to the school tomorrow?” Hye In tilted her head.

“No, I won’t. I have to go to the filming set very early” I sighed.

“It has been a long since you don’t go to the school” Hye In pouted. “But don’t worry Unnie. I’ll help you to catch up on school”

“Thanks”

“It’s very late. Let’s go to sleep girls” Yoosun yawned.

“Unnie! I don’t want to sleep yet” Hye In whined.

“I don’t care. We should go to sleep now” Yoosun dragged her to our room.

I changed into my pajamas and went to bed. Hye In also jumped to her bed. She sleeps on the top of the bunk bed.

“Unnie…”

“Yes?”

“Good night” she said.

“Good night Hye In” I smiled and closed my eyes.

My alarm clock sounded at 3am. I got up from bed lazily and got ready. I had to be at the filming set at 5 am.

Manager Kim took me there half asleep and then he came back to our dorm. So I was left alone. Taemin approached me with his cute sleepy face. He looked so cute.

“Sumi. Good morning” he yawned.

“Good morning Oppa” I smiled at his cuteness.

I went to my dressing room, well to OUR dressing room. Yes! Jerky and I now share a dressing room. Isn’t that fantastic? I’m being sarcastic if you didn’t notice. Jerky was already there. He was reading the script calmly. He looked at me and smirked.

“You’re here piggy. Read the new script. We have to learn it for the next week” he threw me another script and kept reading his.

I looked through the pages bored but then I read something incredible: I was going to kiss Taemin. Yes, it clearly said: “Sunho (Taemin’s character) approaches to Minhye and kisses her”

“Omo! Omo! Kyahhhh!” I jumped around the room happily.

“What’s wrong with you piggy?” Youngmin looked at me with an annoyed face.

“Go to page 12 precious jerky” I stood in front of him. He searched for page 12 and his eyes widened.

“So, you’ll have a kiss scene with that girly boy”

“Yes!” I clapped. “Maybe I can still have a chance. You know, like he can feel something for me but he still doesn’t know it till he kisses me”

“I think you have watched too much movies piggy” he laughed at me.

“Why not? Is it not possible?” I pouted.

“Not with your kissing skills” Youngmin laughed at me.

“What?” I frowned.

“You’re a bad kisser” he smirked.

“And you’re a good one?” I said upset.

“Yes I am, and you know it” he smirked and continued reading the script.

What I hate the most in this world: when this stupid boy is right and this is one of those moments. I hate him!

But wait. There must be a technique or something, right? This jerky can help me to make that kiss special… argh! I can’t believe I’ll ask for help from this brat.

“Youngmin, since you’re an expert on kissing, could you help me to become a good kisser? Please!” I pouted cutely.I hope my aegyo works.

“First, stop doing that aegyo attempt. It’s freaking disgusting” he twisted his mouth. “And second, go for a bowl of cherries”

“A bowl of cherries?” I asked tilting my head.

“Yes. Don’t ask for what it is. Just bring it”

I ran to the set’s food table and picked the bowl of cherries that was there. I came back to the dressing room.

“Here!” I put the bowl on the table. “So, what is this for?” I asked. Youngmin took one of them and ate it.

“Because I like cherries” he smiled. I glared at him. Stupid boy go and burn in hell. “If you can do this, you’re a good kisser” he smirked and showed me the cherry stem that was tied in a knot.  I guess he did that with his tongue.

“What the hell? How did you do that with your tongue?”

“I was born with that quality. But people like you need to practice till you can do it”

“I don’t understand. How will this make me become a good kisser?” I asked puzzled.

“It will improve your move abilities with your tongue”

“But Taemin and I won’t have a tongue kiss. Our lips will barely touch”

“It’ll help. Stop complaining and just do it”

I took one of the cherries stems and tried to tie it in a knot with my mouth. It was so weird and impossible to me. Jerky was just watching me trying and I could see how he was laughing at me. He probably did this only to make fun of me.

I continued trying it for days but it didn’t work at all. I was getting tired of trying and failing all the time. I even investigated in Internet and it supposedly helps you, so jerky was right. I even watched YouTube tutorials, but it was worthless.

Finally, it was the day that I had to film the kiss scene with Taemin. I was pretty nervous at the dressing room with my bowl of cherries. Jerky walked in the dressing room wearing elegant clothes as always. I hate him for being so handsome. I was staring at him like a dumb when I realized that I had finally made a knot with the cherry stem that was in my mouth.

“Yes! Do you see this jerky? I did it!” I jumped of happiness and showed him the stem.

“I still don’t understand how that took you almost one week if it’s easy. But well, good job piggy” Youngmin said with a poker face. At least he should show excitement like me.

The unnie stylist came into the dressing room and did my makeup. When I was ready, I walked to the filming set. Taemin waved his hand shyly. He looked as nervous as me.

Suddenly, jerky poked my shoulder. I looked at him puzzled, not knowing what he was trying to do.

“What are you doing jerky?” I asked him as he faced me and put his hands on my shoulders.

“I came here to check if you’re ready” he said and came closer to me.

My heart skipped when his lips touched mines. I stayed there frozen but I could feel how my cheeks were burning. I still didn’t get why he would always make me feel that way every time he kissed me. He finally pulled back as I recovered my breath.

“Well, you’re still a little bad at this. But I’m sure that Taemin is also a beginner on this, so you still have a chance” he smirked and walked away.

I stayed there with my pounding heart and my trembling legs. I heard the PD calling me and I broke out from my trance and started filming the scene. Strangely, I didn’t feel nervous anymore. I just couldn’t stop thinking about Youngmin’s kiss.

Taemin approached his lips to mines and kissed me. It was what I had been dreaming since I became a shawol. But it wasn’t like I expected. It was just the feeling of someone else’s lips over mines. My heart wasn’t pounding, my cheeks weren’t blushing, my legs weren’t trembling and my breath wasn’t even shortening.

This was so wrong, I thought that what I felt every time I kissed Youngmin was normal. I thought it was just a normal sensation of kissing someone. But with Taemin was different. Is jerky a very good kisser? Or I’m starting to feel something for that brat?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! What do you think about Sumi’s feelings? Is she really falling for the jerk of Jo Youngmin?

Please comment and subscribe.

Thanks for reading!

Ppyong!