Crazy in Love

Dating the King of Jerks

Chapter 19: Crazy in love.

 

“Piggy, we need to talk” I felt someone grabbed my arm when I was at my locker.

I looked at jerky. He looked so fine, so no affected by anything while I… let’s say I was a mess. Changbum death glared at him.

“Why would you need to talk to someone pitiful?” I said coldly.

“Because you need to explain me why you didn’t go home last night. You don’t have female friends. The only friend I know you have is this mousey next to you”

“Yah! Did he just call me mousey?” Changbum said upset. I scoffed.

“I stayed at his place. Why? And I’m sorry but I don’t need to give you any explanations of what I do or what I stop doing. We left that clear on the contract”

“And we also left clear that we shouldn’t involve in a relationship with anyone”

“Oh! Who says that! You’re the one who spends the half of his time going to night clubs and meeting up with girls only to make out with them. Oh! And from what I remember you are sentimentally involved with Ji Eun so, you haven’t respected that rule. And don’t worry jerky, there’s nothing going on between Changbum and I. What a jealous head of yours. But according to you, I’m the one who fell for you. I would say that you just showed me exactly the opposite of that”

Youngmin was obviously annoyed from what I said, especially in front of Changbum. Yes, I know it wasn’t true. Youngmin is not in love with me, he was just feeling responsible of me because he knew he was the one who made me run away. Youngmin can be a jerk, but he has some sense of responsibility towards people, when he takes me somewhere, he makes sure I get home safe and he does the same with his other friends or relatives. He’s responsible.

Even then, he confused me with those actions. Sometimes he would look jealous and others like he doesn’t effin care. I walked away and went to class with Changbum, but for my infortune, jerky was at all my classes.

“What you just said, it isn’t true. And we need to talk piggy, privately.” He sent a look to Changbum. I ignored him.

“So, I don’t care whatever you say, if you don’t want to listen to me when I’m being friendly you’ll know my not so friendly side” In that moment that stupid jerk carried me on his arms even when I protested and bit his arm.

The teacher was already there and he didn’t even listen to Mr. Lee. He just went straight outside. We were going to be in problems when we came back, but he didn’t care a nut about it.

“Yah! Are you insane?”  I yelled at him.

“Look me in the eyes and please tell me you hate me as you always have done” he looked me in the eyes.

I felt that he punched my heart and sunk it somewhere deep in my soul. What was he trying to do? My face got pale and my eyes turned sad but I tried to control my feelings and replied in a cold manner.

“I hate you. Happy? Why wouldn’t I hate someone who considers me pitiful?”

“Piggy, what I said about that it wasn’t actually true. I just wanted to leave you clear that I don’t feel anything towards you but I think my words weren’t the right ones. You’re not pitiful. And I’m very sorry for saying that”

“In first place, what made you believe I fell for you? Like, why would I?” I denied everything.

“Yeah, I know. After some minutes I realized it was totally stupid. I mean, you don’t know to appreciate the real art and beauty” he laughed obviously teasing me.

“Shut up. Don’t think that I already forgot what you told me last night. I’m still mad at you stupid jerk” I glared at him.

“Please forgive me. I’m really sorry. And you know it isn’t easy for me to apologize. I usually don’t even say sorry so you know I seriously regret from what I said”

“I don’t know. I don’t think I can forgive you that easily” I crossed my arms.

“You’re scary when you’re angry, did you know that?” He widened his eyes. He looked so funny doing that.

“Why can’t I take you seriously?  You have that dumb smile plastered on your face” I chuckled.

“You can’t stay mad at me for too long” He smiled widely.

“Yes I can. Do you want me to prove you that? I won’t talk to you in one day”

“You can’t do that. You’ll yell at me for being too annoying” he smirked.

Even when I’d like to say Youngmin is the same cold jerk from before with me, he isn’t. We actually, get along now. It’s pretty strange. It’s not that we don’t argue all the time, because we still do. But now we just do it for teasing each other. And I hate to admit it but that’s the reason why I fell for him. But I couldn’t forgive him that easily, I was still hurt.

“Shut up. I’m still angry” I passed by him and came back to class.

“Please move Changbum. I’d like to sit next to my girlfriend” My eyes widened in surprise. Changbum looked puzzled too.

“Excuse me Youngmin-ssi but we are in class and the seatmates are already assigned so go to your seat and stop interrupting my class if you don’t want to be in trouble” the teacher sent a glare to Youngmin.

When it was time for recess I sat at the cafeteria with Changbum to have lunch. Youngmin suddenly joined us.

“Won’t you forgive me?” he muttered with the mouth full of rice.

“Just shut up” I replied looking down.

“I think you should leave her for a while. She’s still mad at you. Rethink what you have done and said and then you can come to apologize” Changbum’s face looked serious.

Youngmin sighed, he looked pissed but he didn’t say a word and stood up. I looked shyly at him.

“I’ll call you later piggy” he said and left.

“Thank you Changbum” I puffed my cheeks with air feeling relieved. “It was very awkward”

“You’re welcome.” He paused for a minute. “Sumi, are you sure you’re going to be alright?”

“Me? Didn’t you say I was the strongest girl you’ve ever met? Of course I’m going to be alright. I’m Kim Sumi. Remember?” I faked a smile.

“I know you’re strong but even then, when you feel down you know you can count on me.” he smiled widely.

“Thank you Changbum for being such a good friend. I don’t know what I’d be doing right now without you”

After classes, I came back home. Yoosun was cooking a new receipt she read in a magazine. I couldn’t wait to try her new creation.

“Unnie, it smells good!” I smiled trying to forget about all the jerky drama for a moment.

“And it will taste better” she winked. “How was school by the way?” she asked me and Hye In in a motherly way.

“It was great. I passed my English test thanks to Sumi unnie. She’s the best at English class! She was first!” Hye In said proudly in a cute high pitch.

“Really? Congratulations Sumi! We should celebrate this” Yoosun clapped cheerfully.

“What should we celebrate?” Ashley suddenly appeared with two plastic bags on her hands.

“Finally! Did you bring the onions?” Yoosun asked taking the bags.

“Yes, and you didn’t answer my question” she furrowed her forehead.

“Oh! Yeah! Sumi got first in her English class!” Yoosun chirped.

“Congrats! You’re lucky I wasn’t at your class because I would be first” Ashley teased me.

She was born in the U.S. so she speaks English perfectly. I just lived there for a couple years, so my English still needs to improve.

“You’re always so arrogant” Yoosun rolled her eyes.

“Yah! I was just kidding” Ashley pouted.

“It’s okay Ashley. I know you were just joking” I smiled weakly.

“Unnie! We should make a mini party!” Hye In suggested.

“What? For getting first at my English class? Don’t you think you’re being over emotional about it?” I frowned.

“I don’t think so. It’s been a long since we don’t celebrate for something.” Ashley opened a can of mineral water.

“Don’t we have schedule?” I asked.

“We don’t. Well, it’s supposed that we should rehearse but we can ask Manager Kim to skip it. Yesterday’s rehearsal was perfect” Yoosun grinned and took her cellphone. She dialed our manager’s number, but he entered our dorm before in that moment.

“Manager Kim!” Hye In ran to him happily. Manager Kim can’t resist to our maknae’s aegyo.

“Hi girls! You look all cheered up today” he smiled.

“Can we skip today’s rehearsal?” Yoosun said.

“What?” Manager Kim seemed puzzled.

“Please! Sumi Unnie got 1st in English class. We should celebrate!” Hye In pouted.

“Ok. Congratulations Sumi!” Manager Kim ruffled my hair.

“Why don’t you call Youngmin to join us?” Yoosun said.

“Yes, you should call him. He was worried about you last night” Manager Kim said rubbing the back of his neck.

“Mmm… we had a fight and we haven’t talked so…”

“So you should call him and make up with him” Yoosun interrupted me.

“Yoosun is right. Plus, we haven’t met that sweet boyfriend of yours. I’d really like to approve him. Our Sumi deserves the best man in this world.” Ashley said with a sincere smile.

“I’ll call him if you don’t want to” Manager Kim said and went outside with his cellphone. I sighed and sat on the couch.

“Sumi, is everything alright?” Yoosun sat next to me.

“No, I don’t really want to see him now.” I shrugged.

“I’m sorry if I pushed you to do that. If you don’t want him to come right now is okay, we can meet him later. I hope it’s not that complicated. You’ll make up soon, just don’t push yourself too much. Relationships are like that”

“Tell that to Manager Kim. He knows we’re mad at each other and he still pushes us to be together. I’m tired of this”

“I’m sorry, this is my fault. I shouldn’t have said that. I didn’t know you and Youngmin had fought”

“Actually, unnie there’s something I need to tell you. But please don’t tell the others. It’s a secret” I muttered.

“Ok. I’ll keep your secret” she motion her hands like if she was sealing . “I won’t tell anyone”

“You might be disappointed of me because of this unnie.” I looked down. “Youngmin and I are not really dating. We signed a contract that involves us into a public relationship. But in real life, we’re not together” I confessed.

“Why did you do that? I mean, why did you sign a contract of a public relationship?” she tilted her head confused.

“Because there were rumors that we weren’t getting along well and they were going to cancel the drama’s airing. And Manager Kim told me in that way “Kpop Queens” could have more opportunities in the kpop industry. I know it sounds like I did it just for winning fame; and it’s true, but I did it for us. You must be disappointed of me right now. Being with someone just for being famous”

“I’m not. It’s true it wasn’t the best way, we could have worked together to be known but your intentions were good so I actually thank you for sacrificing so much for the group. I admire your courage Sumi” she patted my shoulder and beamed a smile.

I thought she was going to feel disappointed but she didn’t. I had to tell her, she has been like my big sister, always supporting me and I felt relieved that at least she could listen to me and understand me better.

Suddenly, I heard the doorbell. Manager Kim went out of his room and opened the door. It was that stupid jerky.

“So, what do we celebrate?” he asked. I stood with Yoosun not even paying attention to Youngmin.

“Sumi got 1st in her English class!” Manager Kim announced. Youngmin approached us.

“I’ll be at the kitchen. I’ll go to check how the rice is going. Hye In is a little clumsy at cooking” Yoosun chuckled and disappeared.

“What are you doing here?” I crossed my arms.

“Your manager called me. Your group leader is very pretty” he looked for her at the kitchen. He’s such a playboy. I glared at him.

“Yah! Are you still mad at me?” he tilted his head. “I brought you cupcakes” he extended a pink box.

“You think you’re going to buy me with cupcakes?”

“Mmm… but they’re not normal cupcakes. They’re made by Taemin.” My eyes widened in surprise. “I paid him for them so don’t make that face piggy. I know you love Taemin’s cupcakes. Well, you actually have a little obsession with him so I thought you’d like it as an apologize”

I breathed deeply and sighed. This is what I hate-love the most about him. He knows how to make me feel good. He knows how to melt my heart, how to make it beat. He might not even realize about it but… these are the kind of things that made me fall for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So, Sumi is crazy for Youngmin and she already admitted it.

But what about Youngmin? How do you think that he feels? Do you think he loves her?

Will Sumi finally confess her feelings? Or she will keep pretending she doesn’t feel anything?

Please comment and subscribe :D