Youngmin's Secret

Dating the King of Jerks

 

Chapter 7: Youngmin’s Secret.

 

Finally after waiting for so long the bell rang indicating classes were over.

Changbum winked at me and we went out of the classroom together. Now that Changbum already debuted, lots of girls are following him all the time. It seems that he’s enjoying all that attention.

His hair is different now, it’s a little bit darker and with a strange haircut. He looks so cool now. But inside I know he’s the same cute guy.

“Hey! Will you help me to practice today?” I asked him.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t. I have to practice for today’s performance” he said apologizing.

“It’s okay. I guess I’ll practice by myself” I said and sighed. “See you later then” I waved my hands.

“Yes, see you later Sumi” he said waving his hands and left.

I went to the school’s practice room. I’m not very good at dancing so I normally practice a lot after school. I don’t want to make a mistake again, if I do it, our choreographer will hit me again with that wooden stick.

After hours of practice I went to the girls’ dressing room to take a shower. I picked up my things from the practice room.

I was walking in the hallway when I saw a tall familiar figure when I passed by the other practice room.

What is Youngmin doing here? I also recognized the girl from the dance class. She’s a very famous ballet dancer.

“So, how is your ankle? Is it doing well?” Youngmin asked worried.

Is this the real Youngmin? Why is he so nice and kind?

“Yeah, it’s fine. Thanks for worrying” the girl said in a cold way.

“Don’t push yourself too much. You can get injured” he said while she was warming up.

“Uh! You say that because everything is so easy for you. Your mother has good influences and you have a brother that looks exactly like you. You didn’t have to work that hard to get where you are right now. But me, I had to practice very hard every day and every night to get where I am right now” she said crossing her arms.

Youngmin nibbled his low lip looking down. He looked hurt by what she said.

“What I was saying is that your health is first. I mean, you look too skinny, you should eat well. What about going out for dinner tonight? We can have dinner at a good restaurant after my performance in M! Countdown. I already made the reservation”

“I don’t have time to go out right now. And, don’t you have a girlfriend right now? What if someone see us together? I will be seen as a , no thanks.”

“You know she’s not my real girlfriend, right? I’m just going out with her for promoting our drama. And what’s wrong with going out to dinner with a friend?”

“Like if I cared. I also have a boyfriend, remember? And he’s very jealous. So stop offering me to go out with you. I’ll go out with my boyfriend tonight. You know I don’t want to be seen with an artist like you so… I have to go” she said picking her things.

She walked out of the practice room. I hid behind the door so she couldn’t see me.

I peeked out the door and saw that Youngmin was sitting on the floor sad. I had never seen him in this way. He looked so sad. He was looking down pouting sadly. I can tell he was holding his tears back.

“I just wanted to have dinner with her that was all. Can’t she just do that? She said she would at least be my friend” he said sadly.

He got up from the floor and walked out of the practice room, again, I hid behind the door.

Poor Youngmin, he must be heartbroken because he got rejected by that girl Wait, what am I thinking? Poor Youngmin? Am I talking about the same playboy? But this time it looked so different, he wasn’t flirting or something like he always does with other girls. He was talking to her nicely and he looked so… in love with her…

A strange feeling ran through my heart. It was a little feeling of pain and anger at the same time.

Am I feeling jealous? No! That’s impossible! Maybe I just pity him. That’s right! I just pity him.

I’d better rush to the apartment. I have to get there in time to go then to M! Countdown filming set.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I’m here at M! Countdown filming set. I’m practically ready, since I’m a tomboy, I don’t need a lot of preparations for the performance. I can’t stop thinking about Youngmin, he looked so sad. Questions were rolling in my mind: Who is her? Why was he nice with her? What does she mean for him? Is he in love with that girl? Why does he keep looking for her when she said she already had a boyfriend?

Someone knocked the door of our dressing room getting me out of my thoughts.

“Sumi-yah! I’m Changbum, may I come in?” he said cutely.

“Yeah, of course” I said.

He opened the door and looked at me smiling.

“Hi! How do I look?” he said walking to me and spun around.

He was wearing a black outfit. He looks manlier and different.

 “Amazing!” I said smiling in approval and gave him thumbs up.

“Thanks! You also look very cool!” he said with a warm smile. “So, are you ready for performing? Did you practice after school?”

I was thinking about Youngmin again. Ughh… I hate this. Why do I have to worry about him, seriously Sumi, why would you worry about him when he never worries about you?

“Uhmmm… Sumi, are you listening to me?” Changbum said waving his hands in front of my face.

“Uh? Yeah…” I lied.

“Is there anything wrong? You look… distracted. Did anything happen with Youngmin? Did you have a fight or something?” Changbum said worried.

“No, it’s not that” I said smiling.

“Then, what’s wrong? You know you can tell me anything, right? I’m your best friend. C’mon tell me Sumi, what’s going on?”

“Nothing, it’s just that… I’ve been thinking about some things recently, but it’s nothing important to care about”

“Are you sure? Well, then I have to go. I know that we can’t spend so much time together like we used to do, but I don’t want us to get distant Sumi, you’re my best friend and nothing can change that. So, if you need something, you know you can always count on me” He said ruffling my hair.

“Thank you Bummie. You are always a good friend” I said smiling.

“See you later Sumi”. He said waving his hand.

“See you later Bummie”. I said waving my hand.

We finished getting ready and finally it was time for our performance. We performed our song “Our Love”. I think I did it well, except for the time I got confused in one part of the dance, but I think that no one noticed it.

After our performance I saw Boyfriend getting ready for stage. I looked at Youngmin. He didn’t seem great, he was sad. Wait, why in the world would I care about him? Something is wrong with me.

I watched their performance on the TV that is in our dressing room. Wow! They are so DAEBAK! They dance so gracefully and they sing pretty well. Even the rappers Kwangmin and Minwoo are so amazing! I wish I could rap as cool as them.

Honestly, I’ve never been a fan of Boyfriend but I have to accept they are very cool. I really liked their performance.

When they finished their performance I approached to Youngmin who was walking in the hallway.

“Hi!” I said grinning.

“Uhmm… Hi?” he said raising a brow.

“I really liked your performance. You did it great!”

“Uhmmm… Thanks… I guess… what’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing’s wrong with me. Why? Can’t I make you a compliment?” I said upset.

“It’s not that, it’s just that is strange that you want to talk with me. At least your manager told you to do it”

“Yeah, that’s right! My manager told me that I had to go on a date with you tonight”. I lied.

“Are you serious? Aishh! You have to be kidding me. I’m not in the mood for going on a date with you mushroom head” He said whining.

You’re not in the mood for going out with me but you’re in the mood for going out with that girl. Wait, why do I even care about it? And why did I even lie about it? Arghhh…

“And do you think I’m in the mood for going out with you? Of course not, but we have to do it” I said crossing my arms angry.

“Ok, just let me change my clothes. I’ll be back” He said rolling his eyes.

Ughh… this is so wrong. What if he asks to his manager and he tells him that it’s not true? Calm down Sumi. I need to tell Manager Kim about this right now.

I dialed Manager Kim’s number immediately.

“Yeoboseyo?” Manager Kim answered his phone.

“Manager Kim. I’m Sumi. Mmm… how do I tell you this? Well, can you tell Youngmin’s Manager that you told us to go on a date together tonight?” I asked him nervously.

“What? Why?”

“Uhmm… because I told Youngmin you told me that we had to go on a date together tonight”

“Really? And why did you do that? I thought you hated Youngmin”

“I do! But honestly, I don’t know why I told him that. Please Manager Kim save me!” I said desperate.

“Ok, ok. I’ll help you Sumi. Don’t worry, I’ll tell Youngmin’s Manager about it”

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You’re an angel fallen from the sky!” I said jumping of happiness.

Youngmin returned after a couple minutes. He was wearing a long beige coat with a white shirt and black pants.

He walked to me putting his hands in his pockets casually. He looks so handsome. He’s so tall like a model, and his hair was falling naturally on his face. His long eyelashes over his big brown eyes that looked so tired because of his big dark circles.

My breath shortened and my heart started beating so fast. I gulped. What’s wrong with me? What is happening to me?

“So… won’t you wear something more warming? It’s very cold outside. You will freeze only with that sweater” He said smirking.

“No, it’s okay. I like the cold. I love winter” I said smiling.

“Whatever. Let’s go!” he said leaving me behind.

“Wait!” I said trying to catch him up.

He opened the passenger’s door for me. I bowed in gratitude and get in his car. He got in the driver’s seat.

“So, where do you want to go?” He asked me.

“I don’t know… where do you want to go?” I shrugged.

“I want to go to a nightclub to drink and make out with some girls. But I guess you wouldn’t like to do that” He said smirking.

“Of course I don’t want to do that. What about having dinner? I’m hungry” I said rubbing my stomach.

“Are you a piggy or what? You’re always hungry! Okay, I think we’ll go to have dinner then” he said coldly.

Aishh… I wonder why I got in this situation. He’s such a jerk. He’s always insulting me and making fun of me. I hate him!

“Piggy… Mushroom head. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Piggy Mushroom Head! That’s so funny!” He said laughing loud.

“What?” I said angry.

“Piggy Mushroom Head. That will be your nickname from now on. Isn’t it funny? Ha ha ha ha! I’m such a genius!” He said wiping his ‘tear’ of laughing.

I looked at him. He was laughing and smiling so brightly. It seems it’s so funny to him to bother me. Suddenly, I remembered his sad face when that girl left him. At least I guess I’m making him forget about that for a while, even when that means he will laugh at me all the night.

We arrived to a fancy restaurant. Wow! It looks so elegant, and I’m not wearing the appropriate clothes for this kind of place. I feel so… ridiculous. A sweater, jeans and sneakers...this is absolutely not appropriate for this place.

“Uhmmm… Youngmin, why didn’t you tell me we were coming to this kind of place? I’m not wearing something appropriate” I whispered in his ear embarrassed.

“Do you care about the way you look? I thought you didn’t care about that. That’s why I didn’t tell you anything. After all you just eat like the Piggy Mushroom Head you are”. He said smirking.

Arrgghhhh! Jo Youngmin! I’ll definitely kill you! Now that I think about it, I think I’m becoming bipolar thanks to Youngmin… he makes me smile at one second and then he makes me want to kill him. He’s freaking me out!

I glared at him very mad. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes smirking.

“What? Aren’t you hungry? Let’s just get in and stop complaining Piggy Mushroom” He walked leaving me behind again.

“What? Aishh! Youngmin! Wait me!” I said catching him up.

We entered the restaurant and the people were staring at us. I felt so uncomfortable and awkward.

“Good evening Mr. Jo. Your table is ready” The receptionist said.

 “Did you make a reservation?” I asked him.

“Mmm… yeah, my Manager told me to do it” he lied.

We went to a private balcony of the restaurant. There was only one table with two chairs. Two flowerpots with red roses were at the corners. The table was romantically decorated with candles and a bottle of wine. I could see the whole city from there. It was so beautiful.

“Wow! This view is amazing” I screamed happily. Youngmin just sat down crossing his arms.

“Chh…” he said looking away.

Then he looked at all the preparations he had made for that girl and sighed. He was obviously sad about it. I felt so bad for him and decided to cheer him up.

“So, did you prepare this for me? Aww! That’s so cute!” I said teasingly.

“No, I didn’t. I only made a reservation for two people here. But it seems they made a ‘special’ service because we are a ‘famous couple’” He said coldly.

“Youngmin, don’t lie to me. I know you prepared this for me. You’re such a romantic guy!”

“Shut up Piggy Mushroom” He said pissed off. I chuckled.

I started shivering. It was really cold outside. I know that Youngmin told me to wear something warmer but I was too lazy to pick up my coat.

“Stupid Piggy Mushroom, I told you that you were going to freeze” Youngmin said taking off his coat and put it around my shoulders.

“Thank you” I said looking down blushing.

“Chh… stupid girl…” he said smirking.

“Are you going to order?” the waitress said looking at Youngmin.

“Mmm… Yeah. I want Lobster Thermidor” I said picking the most expensive meal in the menu. Youngmin glared at me obviously upset.

“I want Rib Eye Steak” Youngmin said.

“I’ll bring your orders in a moment” the waitress said and winked at Youngmin.

What’s wrong with her? Can’t she see he’s having dinner with his girlfriend? I gave the waitress a death glare and she immediately left.

“Chh… don’t tell me the piggy mushroom is jealous?” Youngmin said mockingly and took a sip of wine.

“Jealous? Me?” I said sarcastically.

“Yes you. I looked at the way you glared at the waitress because she was flirting with me. Remember the contract piggy mushroom: You can’t fall in love with me” he said smirking.

“That will never ever happen. Why would I fall for you? You’re such a jerk! You are a playboy and you don’t have respect for any woman. You just play with everyone’s feelings. I would be insane if I fell for you” I said crossing my arms upset.

“I’m glad you have it clear. Because I would never be with someone like you”

I looked down feeling bad. I know that I don’t want to be with Youngmin, but his words hurt me. A guy like him would never be interested in a girl like me. He can be interested in other girls, but never in a girl like me. Thanks Youngmin you made my day, I was trying to help you but as always you make me feel so bad.

“I mean, you and me are so different. That’s why we couldn’t be together. You and Taemin look very cute together” he said with… guilty eyes I guess. I don’t know… Youngmin normally doesn’t show any emotion.

“Do you think that Taemin could be interested in me?” I asked hopeful.

“Well, yeah. He’s weird and girly and you are weird and masculine. You match perfectly together” he said twisting his mouth.

“Yah!” I said punching his arm slightly.

“Ouch!” he pretended to be hurt. “See? You just hit my arm! You are masculine piggy mushroom!” he said acting like if I had hit him hard.

“I didn’t hit you that hard. But if you don’t shut up I will hit you with all my strength” I said showing him my fist.

“Okay, okay! I will stay quiet” he said with a ‘scared’ face.

“That’s better!” I said chuckling.

He also chuckled and smiled at me. My heart beat so fast and I felt that my cheeks were warming up. Sumi stop! Don’t fall into Youngmin fake charms!

“Here are your orders. Lobster Thermidor and Rib Eye Steak” the waitress said again with flirting eyes to Youngmin.

“Thanks” Youngmin said and then took my hand. “Did you like the surprise honey?” he told me smiling sweetly.

“Mwo?” I said puzzled. He just continued smiling. “Uhh… yeah” I said smiling.

“Chhh…” the waitress exclaimed angry and left.

“Did you see her face?” Youngmin burst out of laughing while he let go my hand. I tried to breathe deeply to calm my pounding heart. I laughed nervously.

“You seriously like to play with girls’ feelings, right? Poor girl” I said and drank some water.

“Poor girl? You were death glaring at her a while ago. C’mon mushroom, don’t be that boring. You have to accept it was funny” he said still laughing.

“Well, yeah… it was funny” I said chuckling.

“Yeah! It was. Now you must eat everything piggy mushroom. If I’m going to pay a fortune for that, at least eat it all” he said in a serious tone.

“Okay. I’ll eat everything” I said smiling. “Let’s bless our food” I said taking his hands.

“What? Are you serious?” he said whining.

“Yes, I’m serious. So shut up, close your eyes and repeat after me. Thank you God for the delicious food you gave us today. Please bless Youngmin for paying tonight’s dinner and also please bless our families and friends. Amen”

“Amen” he said looking at me and smiled sweetly.

“Now, I’ll eat all” I said smiling.

We ate in silence and then we took a picture together as a proof that we had dinner together. We posted it on our Daum Café personal accounts like our managers ‘ordered’.

We went out of the restaurant and got on Youngmin’s car. We both were in silence on the way to my apartment. I was very distracted looking at the city in the night that I didn’t even notice when we arrived to my apartment.

“Piggy Mushroom Head, you’re home. Get off of my car” Youngmin said shaking my shoulder.

“Uh? Yeah… thanks for everything Youngmin. See you later” I said bowing and got off from his car.

“Yeah, see you later piggy mushroom. Take care…” he said and left.

Today, I saw a different side of Youngmin. Actually I discovered his secret, I wish he would be as nice with me as he was with that girl… she must be someone special for him…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I’m so sorry for haven’t updated for a while!

I had writer’s block! Mianhe :(

So, did you like this chapter?

I’m thinking about making a Christmas special chapter!

So, please look forward to it.

Please comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading! Ppyong ;D

 

A/N: I’m writing a new fanfic: Taming the Rebel Princess. Please read it and if you like it, you can subscribe xD