Meeting the Evil in Person

Dating the King of Jerks

 

Chapter 10: Meeting the Evil in Person.

 

 

Youngmin’s car stopped in front of a big house on the top of a hill, and when I said big, I meant BIG! It even had a fountain in front of the house. A freaking fountain! My jaw dropped.

“A little surprised, uh?” he said boasting.

I gulped. I know rich people; they always discriminate people from ‘lower’ social classes. They are so superficial and only care about money, that wasn’t great.

I got off from his car and he stood next to me offering his arm.

“Remember Mushroom Head, act cute and feminine. Don’t talk at least someone asks you a question, okay?”

I nodded to jerky’s instructions and we walked together linking arms to the front door and yes, I was more than nervous. Two maids greeted us at the door. They were wearing that kind of uniforms you only thought that existed in TV shows and dramas. You know… the ones that look like penguins; black and white, yes, those ones.

“Welcome Young Master”

One of the maids looked excited for the “Young Master’s” visit. The other, just gave him the look I give Youngmin every time I see his jerky face in front of me, it seems we can be good friends in the future.

Youngmin passed by them not even greeting them back. Doesn’t he have manners? I bowed slowly at them. The one that was excited glared at me. The other gave me a ‘Whyintheworldareyouwiththatjerk’ face.

Youngmin leaded me to the room that I suppose it was the living room. Wow! The living room was even bigger than my old house (now I live with the girls in our dorm). I tried not to look surprised.

I looked around. A fancy large off-white sofa was on the corner with big crystal windows behind. The room was decorated in a classic yet modern and very elegant way. It was very beautiful, the kind of house you only thought you could see in a drama or in magazines.

The most amazing about the room was the cascading crystal chandelier that was hanging on the ceiling. My mouth opened in amaze and I saw Youngmin giving me his signature smirk.

Kwangmin suddenly appeared in front of us wearing black skinny jeans and a long sleeved dark red shirt putting his hands in his pockets. His hair was perfectly falling on his forehead. He smiled widely and sweetly.

“Hyung! Taylor! Annyeong!” he said happily. “Wow! Taylor you look even prettier. I thought, that was impossible” he complimented me.

“Thanks” I smiled shyly and blushed.

“Yeah… whatever…” Youngmin said like pissed off, I seriously don’t know.

 And once more I verified that Kwangmin is totally the opposite of Youngmin. I mean, he looks nice and sweet, like someone that could be my friend. Strangely I didn’t feel attracted by him, like, he’s handsome just like Youngmin bu, he’s not that attractive to me. Not that Youngmin is attractive, well in a way he is. He always looks like a model… OMG! What am I even saying? That arrogant of Youngmin is not attractive AT ALL! He’s just a stupid jerky!

I shook my head vigorously at my stupid thoughts.

“Taylor, are you nervous?” I heard Kwangmin said getting me out of my little world.

“Uh?” I said puzzled. “Where’s Youngmin?” I asked looking around, but he was nowhere to be found.

“Mmm… he went to talk to my father about some business, didn’t you hear it?” he chuckled.

I just looked away avoiding his question.

“Are you usually distracted or is it because you’re nervous?” he asked smiling warmly.

“Mmm… I think is the second. I mean… I don’t know if your Umma will accept me or not” I shrugged.

“Don’t worry about it, I know Umma very well. Unfortunately, she’s very superficial, but you won’t have any problem about it because you’re very pretty”

I nodded and tried to relax a bit, I mean, it’s not like his mother is going to be like a monster, right? RIGHT? ASHBKJDHAJSNIA! Kill me now!

I looked around to distract myself from the idea that his mother wouldn’t like me. Three big pictures that were on the wall called my attention, on the pictures were Youngmin and that ballet girl. I tilted my head and bit my low lip. Why were there pictures of them together? Were they relatives or something? I looked at the girl. She’s very beautiful and tall, with a very slim figure. Her hair was wavy and dyed of dark red. She had very big eyes, turned up nose and thick lips with a perfect smile.

I stared at the pictures dumbfounded. Kwangmin looked at me with sympathetic eyes that said “You can ask if you want”.

“Mmm… can I ask who is her?” I said not moving my eyes from one of the pictures.

“She’s Ji Eun. She used to be Youngmin’s fiancé”

“YOUNGMIN’S WHAT?” I blurted out.

“Fiancé” Kwangmin repeated as if I hadn’t heard what he said before.

“How could he be engaged? He’s 17!”

“Well, our parents arranged their marriage for business reasons, but at the end, Ji Eun didn’t want to marry Youngmin. Youngmin was really in love with her, but she never accepted my brother’s feelings”

So, that was the reason why Youngmin was nice with her, he’s STILL in love with that girl. But why does he keep looking for her if she said she had a boyfriend? Anyway, it’s none of my business.

 “After that, Youngmin became very cold, now he doesn’t listen to my parents and he goes out to parties almost every night. He doesn’t even talk to me. We used to be very close, you know? But that stupid girl ruined it all saying she “fell for me”. Youngmin was very mad at me, he thought that I had “stolen” his girl, but the truth is that I never tried to even talk to her, but she always kept sticking onto me like a bug. Of course, I was clear with her and told her that I didn’t want to be with her; however,  that didn’t change the fact she hurt my brother” Kwangmin sighed. He looked sad but upset at the same time.

“Anyway, I’m happy he found a good girl like you. I know my brother can be very cold sometimes, but please be patient with him, I know inside he’s still a good guy” he smiled.

Good guy? I know you love your brother Kwangmin, but don’t be too blinded about it. Your brother is a stupid jerk and a playboy…

“What were you two talking about?” Youngmin said crossing his arms glaring at us and I’ve got to say he looked very scary.

“Mmm… about you” Kwangmin grinned.

Youngmin glared at his brother, as he didn’t want me to know about his personal life. And I may respect his point of view this time, I mean, we’re not that close to know about each other’s personal life, but I’m about to meet his mother and the only think I know about this guy is standing in front of me is that he’s a jerky.

“Go with Abeoji, he also wants to talk to you” jerky said coldly and held my hand pulling me close to him.

“Okay. Umma is upstairs getting ready. She said she would get downstairs soon. Good luck! Fighting!”

Good luck? Ok that didn’t sound great, is his mom that scaring?

“Good luck?” I said confused.

“Don’t be nervous! Your hand is sweating…” he said rubbing his hand with his shirt and took my hand again.

“Sorry…” I muttered.

“Just act cute okay? And I’ll talk for you. Don’t talk at least it’s necessary”

I nodded and smiled to Youngmin. I know I shouldn’t complain and leave everything in Youngmin’s hands. I don’t want to mess up everything.

A woman in her forties, that I suppose it was Youngmin’s mother walked downstairs. She was wearing a dark green dress with a fur shawl around her shoulders; her hair was tied up with a luxury emerald pin.

I gulped. She had a cold aura around her. My body was shaking from nervousness and my hands were sweating. I held Youngmin’s hand tighter and he did too.

When she stopped in front of us I bowed in 90° greeting her.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I said politely.

“So, you are Youngmin’s girlfriend” she said raising a brow.

“Yes, nice to meet you, Mrs. Jo”

“Chh… why don’t you sit? So we can talk” she said sitting on the sofa.

Youngmin and I sat on the sofa across her.

“So, I heard you are a singer just like Youngmin”

“Yes, she is” Youngmin answered.

“I was talking to her, not to you”

“Yes…” I answered.

“And, what about your parents?” she asked crossing her arms.

“They are running an important company in the United States” Youngmin lied.

“Oh! I see… so you came here to Korea, only to be a singer?” she asked with cold eyes. Her eyes were very intimidating, just like Youngmin’s eyes.

“Yes” I answered smiling nervous.

“Now I know why you are together. You are just the same. Youngmin’s father also runs a big company, but Youngmin didn’t want to inherit it, he instead preferred to become a singer” she said with a little sarcasm in her tone.

“That’s why we decided engaging him with a very beautiful girl with class like Ji Eun. You can see pictures of them together. They make a good couple, right? Youngmin is very tall and handsome and she’s very beautiful, tall and has a very slim figure”

I gulped. She was talking about Youngmin’s ex-fiancé, and that wasn’t good.

“Unfortunately, my son is too stupid and he couldn’t make her fall for him. Why can’t he just be like Kwangmin? Kwangmin is handsome, nice, smart, charismatic, simply perfect, but Youngmin… he’s just, different. Anyway, he told me he was going to win her heart and they were going to get married no matter what… so, why are you here girl?” she said raising her tone a little. I jumped.

“Because I changed my mind.” Youngmin said coldly.

“Oh, yes Youngmin, NOW YOU HAVE DECIDED TO DATE  A GIRL THAT LOOKS LIKE A GUY!” she yelled.

My eyes widened as she threw pictures of me on the coffee table in front of us. I looked at Youngmin who just sighed. I felt guilty because I was getting Youngmin in trouble with his mother.

“DID YOU THINK I WAS GOING TO BELIEVE ALL THOSE LIES ABOUT HER? SHE’S JUST A POOR AND UGLY GIRL THAT YOU GOT OUT OF NOWHERE! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?” she yelled at Youngmin. She looked very mad, I was afraid she could slap Youngmin in any moment.

“Could you low your voice mother? And please stop saying those things about her” Youngmin said standing up and looking straight to her eyes. He didn’t look scared.

Youngmin’s mother was boiling of anger and raised her hand to slap him, but I stood in front of him, so she ended slapping my arm.

“How could you dare to put between? It’s obvious! You are just a stupid orphan, and I’m sure that your parents were just some beggars without manners”

His mother got me out of my nerves. I could stand she calls me ugly, short and even stupid, but I couldn’t stand that she calls my parents beggars without manners.

“Please don’t call my parents like that. They were honest people” I said calmly.

“Why not? That’s what they were. Honest people? Ha! The last thing I knew is that they didn’t have any cent!” she said boasting.

I felt angry and hurt at the same time. How does she dare to talk about my parents like that? I clenched my teeth and held back my tears making a fist with my hand. This was too much… I took a deep breath before speaking.

“My parents were persons that worked hard for get what they had. Maybe we weren’t rich, but everything we had, they earned it with their work and sweat. I’m sorry if it sounds rude Mrs. But, the things that are in this house, all of it, did you earn it with your work? Or you got it from your parents or your husband? You should think about that before calling someone beggar without manners” I said and walked out of the house leaving Youngmin’s mother speechless.

Once I was outside I ran away quickly with tears falling from the corners of my eyes. I ran down the hill and tripped on my knees. My stockings tore and my knee scraped. Without even caring I stood up and continued running away. I didn’t even know where I was but I just wanted to go far away from all these no sensitive and heartless people and go home…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! What do you think about this chapter?

If Youngmin is a jerk, then his mother is the mother of the evils.

Please comment and subscribe.

Thanks for reading.

Let's dance with Youngmin! ^^

Ppyong!

 

PS: I don't own the gif. Credits to the owners.